Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

For all their pretensions of blue collar wisdom, Pluggers fail to realize the potential of fusing the old with the new.

Yeah, no, yours was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears
The screams are only inside your head.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

LordSaturn posted:

What does that even do :psyduck:

We had Childhood is Hell in the house when I was a child, and I read it many times. That page looks different to me now than it did then.

Hurt a lot and cause pretty bad inflammation mostly.

If you tried it in modern times you'd get in tons of poo poo from CPS probably but uhhhh this was the 50s/60s so

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set can't believe the nerve of some people.

Working Daze continues the blasphemy.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gives us a good old-fashioned ¡PLOP!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I just realized I've been so gripped by Edge of Adventure's breakneck pace that I totally forgot to post it earlier. So here it is, if anyone cares.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Some interesting anatomy there.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
And a lot of excess body hair.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ah, someone who's never been to life drawing.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Not an edit, by the way, I looked it up. How does Arlo and Janis get away with this kind of stuff when most other strips are so heavily neutered?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Evil Mastermind posted:

Just reminded me I miss Doonsbury

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Evil Mastermind posted:

N... no.. You were done! The week's over! THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL!

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

So a beautiful woman has all the cash and has skipped town. I think I know this story.

Check the swamp.

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Slammy fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 5, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (April 5 and 7, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (August 2-4, 1954)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

idonotlikepeas posted:

N... no.. You were done! The week's over! THIS WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL!

Don't say that out loud lest tomorrow's strip feature a Vader joke about altering the deal further.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Pluggers

A plugger's life is nightmarishly static.

They sell that poo poo on CD, Plugger. I know because I checked. It took two seconds. And now Google is going to be giving me stupid suggestions just because you can't be bothered. (Yeah, I know CDs are old now and digital is the new hotness, but come on. We're talking to a Plugger, here.)

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater, in which Castor finally figures out the magnitude of his dumbassery. (October 22, 1929)

So, this guy sold his land to those other guys, but they were letting him stay there for some reason, and now they've sold the land to Castor, and we're supposed to think "yeah, Castor should just let this guy continue to live on and make use of this land that he willingly sold"?

Chimeric posted:

Dadding Badly

OK, if you've got a toddler in the house you shouldn't even have that easily-toppled pillar let alone the vase sitting on top of it, but also, how would a hamster ball even help in this situation? The baby would just crash into the pillar and knock the vase down anyway!

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man
:roflolmao:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Oh my god

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Julet Esqu posted:

They sell that poo poo on CD, Plugger. I know because I checked. It took two seconds. And now Google is going to be giving me stupid suggestions just because you can't be bothered. (Yeah, I know CDs are old now and digital is the new hotness, but come on. We're talking to a Plugger, here.)

But they'd have to buy new CDs! Not to mention a CD player! And probably pay someone to install it because they don't see to well anymore. Nah, the financially prudent thing to do is pay maintenance and gas on a rust bucket for the rest of their lives. That's just simple math.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

goatface posted:

90 acres of onions is a lot of onions.

You can never have enough onions. Fry 'em, stick 'em in a stew, eat them raw on a sandwich or like an apple, you can do everything with an onion!

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger
I love that my reason of the first suspect because the curtain is missing and he could've used it to drag the body out to his car for dumping was correct but only in the sense that it's because apparently gunshots simultaneously possess enough force to splatter blood in a very narrow beam behind the victim onto a sole fabric item but too little force to damage the glass window it hangs in front of.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

I love that my reason of the first suspect because the curtain is missing and he could've used it to drag the body out to his car for dumping was correct but only in the sense that it's because apparently gunshots simultaneously possess enough force to splatter blood in a very narrow beam behind the victim onto a sole fabric item but too little force to damage the glass window it hangs in front of.
Everybody knows it's easier and faster to replace a window than a curtain. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

This is everything I want in the world.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Tiggum posted:

OK, if you've got a toddler in the house you shouldn't even have that easily-toppled pillar let alone the vase sitting on top of it, but also, how would a hamster ball even help in this situation? The baby would just crash into the pillar and knock the vase down anyway!

My guess is that it's less about worrying over the vase breaking and more about keeping the baby from getting a vase on the head.

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

e:

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Somebody please edit this to give Xandu duckface.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Expecting early visitors, so all you get this morning is the quick version.

Bloom County

Peanuts (April 8, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Oh no. You're not getting out of this strip that easily.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire just found out that this marriage is going to be more complicated than the last one.

Thimble Theater (October 23, 1929)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Occasionally the world gives you a thing you never knew you needed until it was in front of you :stwoon:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cancer baby is unable to speak properly despite having the motor skills to dance ballet. Is she actually suffering from a speech disorder?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

This is glorious.

F Minus: Millennial Surgeon

Mary Worth

So rather than sign up for the hiking club that will be full of her peers, she's going to try out yoga with a man who's probably at least 20 years older than her and styles himself like he's from the 1930s.

Rex Morgan MD

Tomorrow, Rex comes in walking on his hands.

Secret Agent X-9

In the 1930s, the ice cream cone home delivery business was huge.

Apartment 3-G

Gee, do you think the feminists won't turn out to be what Margo imagines them to be?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

Gee, do you think the feminists won't turn out to be what Margo imagines them to be?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 13, 1951)

Barnaby (August 18, 1942)

Nancy (April 27, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 8, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 6, 1923)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

treasureplane posted:

Wash Tubbs (January 8, 1929)

Okay, I have to say it: I'm pedantically annoyed that a Central European country that's basically Fantasy Germany has a "vizier."

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Evil Mastermind posted:

I've liked this change; anything that isn't his style is an improvement!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

He's not terrible at mimicking the other styles, anyway. You'd think he'd be able to come up with a better regular style.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It does make you wonder how little effort is going into the regular dailies.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bird really has the ""I just took down a bi-plan, do NOT gently caress with me" look down pat.

Good for it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The design for the summer 2016 Moomin products are coming from Moominsummer Madness and Moomin Winter Follies:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Selachian posted:

Okay, I have to say it: I'm pedantically annoyed that a Central European country that's basically Fantasy Germany has a "vizier."

I am so glad I'm not the only one.

• Locked thread