Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

TheTofuShop posted:

Maybe it's a Rancor Challenge, with Jedi Luke as a reward... maybe? :smithicide:
Luke fought the rancor to save Han though... and scoundrels were floated by data miners as the most likely next challenge. Well anyway, I'm hoping. Lando is 50/100 to 7*, here's hoping I don't have to actually get Boba and Chewie up there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Davethulhu posted:

Hmm, this was updated since I read it:

Hope there are enough goons left to make a guild.

Well I am going to still be playing it. Sunk cost fallacy and all that. :homebrew:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yep, I'm still playing. Bunch of maxed heroes to contribute to a guild if they get that going. Add me at 645-388-788 if you need some help.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IMO they should really fix the hosed up friends list but I doubt they will be doing that anytime soon.

Edit: Also I swear to loving god this game knows when you are close to getting someone to 7* and it starts to gently caress you on the shard drops.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 5, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

IMO they should really fix the hosed up friends list but I doubt they will be doing that anytime soon.

Edit: Also I swear to loving god this game knows when you are close to getting someone to 7* and it starts to gently caress you on the shard drops.

Yep, I had Rey at 93/100 and went 0/12 yesterday. I got lucky and finished her today though.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
7* Yoda was almost disappointingly easy, though it was perhaps cause I used one of the best squads possible, save for Mace I suppose (Barriss, Lumi, JC, QGJ, Mace). Easily killed him on second attempt.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

It would seem that Sidious can't land a loving thing now, was this an intentional nerf? Slotting him out in pvp for now I guess

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hi. I just downloaded this game despite it being bad. I am enjoying my teams, though I am very tempted to try and make a team of only jawas and ewoks, for ultimate midget team.

My code is 569-797-766. I tried to add a few of you.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cleaning out my friends list; untouched since I capped out and many are inactive.

I have been playing quite awhile and have many mighty heroes, if you need heroes to borrow you can add me: 721-396-715

If you are 70+ and try to add me without a PM I'll probably assume you're from Arena and reject, fyi

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

It would seem that Sidious can't land a loving thing now, was this an intentional nerf? Slotting him out in pvp for now I guess

AFAIK no changes mentioned in dev updates/notes

Sid could never land poo poo due to garbage (maybe 0?) potency, and it only becomes more obvious as your heroes scale with level/gear/stars

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

thechalkoutline posted:

Sid could never land poo poo due to garbage (maybe 0?) potency, and it only becomes more obvious as your heroes scale with level/gear/stars

The fact that Sid is viable at all is a testament to how crammed his kit is with super-relevant abilities for the metagame, because his itemization is profoundly bad. You know what a pure physical attacker with high-priority debuffs attached to both of his active abilities needs? Zero potency and a lot of resistance penetration.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

mdemone posted:

Yep, I'm still playing. Bunch of maxed heroes to contribute to a guild if they get that going. Add me at 645-388-788 if you need some help.

thechalkoutline posted:

Cleaning out my friends list; untouched since I capped out and many are inactive.

I have been playing quite awhile and have many mighty heroes, if you need heroes to borrow you can add me: 721-396-715

If you are 70+ and try to add me without a PM I'll probably assume you're from Arena and reject, fyi

KittyEmpress posted:

Hi. I just downloaded this game despite it being bad. I am enjoying my teams, though I am very tempted to try and make a team of only jawas and ewoks, for ultimate midget team.

My code is 569-797-766. I tried to add a few of you.

Added you all. IGN is Taaii 961-498-628 if any wants to help boosting me.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Since all the cool kids are doing it I cleared out some publords and have 12 slots open.
231-629-458

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So I somehow missed this rancor thing is going to be called a raid, any idea how that might work, based on similar games some of you play? Only raids I know are those in WoWlike MMOs...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Usually it's a big pool of health that multiple players work down.

Some do it by X entries a day and you go until you die each time, or some just use your normal energy.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Prob just instead of tapping a single friends list toon you get to use whole squads.

Or maybe you assemble multiple squads from your toons.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

171-875-643

Just added a bunch of you after clearing some out. DisasterMedic in game.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Well the Guild function will probably have nothing useful but at least I'll be able to be part of a goon guild in a mobile game that I actually play regularly.

Also just nuked my list of lots of people that didn't seem to be playing so I'll add my code again to the list.

727-545-556

*edit* Also has there been a solid determination about what dictates who you contribute to allies when they use one of your characters?

CaptainAssholay fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 5, 2016

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Genoisian Soldier is pretty good right?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

Usually it's a big pool of health that multiple players work down.

Some do it by X entries a day and you go until you die each time, or some just use your normal energy.

To elaborate on this a little, pretty much every other F2P phone game does the following:

Each day you are given a set amount of entries into the raid (or as mentioned above, sometimes it just uses the in game energy)

You will be put in a group of players (size of groups typically depend on how much health the boss has)

You will go to fight against one large enemy with like 10-20 times the health of a typical at level boss. The enemy will probably oneshot most dudes.

You will poke him for as long as you can before you die and his health does not refresh between attempts

Other players in your group will work down the same enemy's health pool.

If your group manages to kill the boss then everyone gets a reward (possibly with tiers based on contribution)

There will likely be a way to buy more entries (or if it uses energy, there is one already) and the boss will probably require a few people or one whale in your group to do this in order to win. If they do have rewards based on contribution then each group will probably have one whale that absolutely blows out the boss to ensure the max reward or you will have a couple of players who blow some crystals and compete for the top spot.

In lieu of a way to buy additional entries (or possibly in addition to) games typically will have a unit or piece of gear or something that gets a crazy buff during the event. These are usually new units that will be available in gacha/for purchase and often end up only being good for that particular raid. Seeing how slow they are to release characters in this game and how gear works, I doubt this will happen but I would not be surprised if say Jedi Luke ends up in some $100 bundle and gets a boost against the Rancor.

Now there is no guarantee that this is how it will be but this is how most phone games do it.

I highly doubt we'll see a live on phone/tablet team up with other players. Not only is that a pain to implement but these devs are pretty poo poo and I doubt they'll go for something that innovative.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
^^ That sounds about right.

I just hit level 72. The agility challenge is basically exactly the same as the last tier of it. I beat it on auto with 62 Phasma (L), 70-71 of Dooku, Daka, Poggle, Asajj. Out of two runs so far, I've gotten 7 of the agility item that everyone needs 100 of to make G9. I'm guessing longer term average will be 3, so you're looking at 45 per week.

So far I've seen 2, 4, and 5 as possible results. The rewards screen shows 5 as max. I'm assuming you can get 1-5 with equal distribution, but it's possible it's actually 2-5, in which case the average would be 3.5, in which case you'd get 52 per week.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 5, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Jibo posted:

I highly doubt we'll see a live on phone/tablet team up with other players. Not only is that a pain to implement but these devs are pretty poo poo and I doubt they'll go for something that innovative.
I figured they would do it this way to as it is easy and the cheap way to do it, which is what CG embodies, but future fight and terra battle both have a decent team up system where 3-players get together in real time and take out tough bosses, it would be nice to see this system emulated somehow. Sadly that would require a modicum of competence at CG, so nope.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

You know what one awesome feature they could do?

Add a standalone defense team to the Arena and don't let you use any member of it in your Attack team.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

You know what one awesome feature they could do?

Add a standalone defense team to the Arena and don't let you use any member of it in your Attack team.

This would be pretty rough while leveling. I think it's a cool idea for people at max level, because then you get the ability to run two full arena teams, but while leveling, you can barely keep up with 6-7 heroes, let along a full stable of 10.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

This would be pretty rough while leveling. I think it's a cool idea for people at max level, because then you get the ability to run two full arena teams, but while leveling, you can barely keep up with 6-7 heroes, let along a full stable of 10.

Which could lead to increased monetization of credits, or interesting choices of where you allocate your leveled heroes.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
So I'm playing with a new to me main team since with new cap and big costs it's a good time to change and I can't decide on leader. I like the versatility and sustainability, especially once the balance changes they were discussing come into effect.

Want to run: Daka, Ventress, Royal Guard

Have three I'm trying to choose from for lead+empty slot:

Luminara - evasion and healing combined with the ability lockout. Hits fairly hard which helps with Daka and RG being weak

Qui Gon Jinn - fast hitter, assist attack, and dispel his leader benefit is questionable other than being able to assist attack right out of gate which might not be as effective going forward.

Phasma - as lead more extra attacks to capitalize on potential stuns, turn meter manipulation to make up for not the hardest hitting lineup

Any thoughts?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hixalot posted:

So I'm playing with a new to me main team since with new cap and big costs it's a good time to change and I can't decide on leader. I like the versatility and sustainability, especially once the balance changes they were discussing come into effect.

Luminara - evasion and healing combined with the ability lockout. Hits fairly hard which helps with Daka and RG being weak

Qui Gon Jinn - fast hitter, assist attack, and dispel his leader benefit is questionable other than being able to assist attack right out of gate which might not be as effective going forward.

Phasma - as lead more extra attacks to capitalize on potential stuns, turn meter manipulation to make up for not the hardest hitting lineup

Any thoughts?

If you're going to run Ventress, Running Phasma Lead and QGJ is probably a good idea. Ventress is extra slow, so the only way to make up for that is by increasing her chances of getting extra attacks.

Also, QGJ is good because his third ability, once you level it up, removes positive status effects from enemies and gives your whole team offence up. It's pretty goddamn good.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Hixalot posted:

Any thoughts?

I would go Phasma lead, drop Ventress, run the rest out of just the people you mentioned. Ventress is definitely the weakest of the six you mentioned.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Malgrin posted:

If you're going to run Ventress, Running Phasma Lead and QGJ is probably a good idea. Ventress is extra slow, so the only way to make up for that is by increasing her chances of getting extra attacks.

Also, QGJ is good because his third ability, once you level it up, removes positive status effects from enemies and gives your whole team offence up. It's pretty goddamn good.

Yeah, I run QGJ lead now. He's maxed and I have fun with current team and they let me stick in the 100-200 range, (QGJ, Lumi, Ahsoka, Sidious, and just swapped in RG). Just bored with them and was playing with different comps. I like the team of Talia (L), Ventress, Daka, Cad Bane and RG, but that's more of a GW or DS mission team, felt it needed more pop for Arena, hence keeping the Stuns (except Cad Bane because it's not on his basic) and trying to maximize the other two slots.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
So I was able to craft 1 Mk 5 Furnace before the update and should hit 73 by Friday at the latest. So who gets it? From what I've seen Rey is probably the one who gets the most improvement by going up in Gear, however mine is only 5* half-way to 6*, and I'm not currently using her in my Arena team as I've stuck with Droids so far (Poggle, Poe, GS, 88, 86). The realistic options who can use it are:

5* Rey
7* Sid (not likely)
7* Lumi (also not likely)
7* HK (not currently used in my Droid team)
7* IG-88
7* IG-86
7* Phasma (not likely)
7* Poe

Thoughts? I don't see how I DON'T give it to Rey and mix my team up, as the Speed boost she gets in Gear IX is enough to snipe Dookus and I already have the cuffs and hairdryers to immediately IX her. But she's squishy at 5* and probably won't hit 6* til near the end of the month. I could sit on it and wait until the rebalance comes out, but I don't have the patience for that.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Jumping in on this game, having a good time with it so far and just unlocked allies so here's my code 627 967 175

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Since we're all listing ally codes again, I'm 187-157-239. Also I'm totally up for a goon guild if we end up making one.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Some info re: guilds:

quote:

Guilds

Maximum Guild size is 50 players
There will be 3 ranks in Guilds: Guild Leader, Officer and Member
Guilds can have a custom name and choose an icon that best represents them
Guild leaders can set membership requirements, including requiring approval to join and minimum level
Players can join a Guild in a variety of ways, such as viewing a list of recommended Guilds or receiving an invitation from an Ally
A Guild Leaderboard of all Guild members will be sortable by a variety of criteria ranging from power to contribution
There will be 2 new types of currency introduced with Guilds, Guild Bank Currency and Individual Guild Currency

Guild Activities

Shared Activities may be completed to earn Guild Currency that can be used to make purchases in Guild Shipments
There are multiple tiers of difficulty for Guild Activities
When an Activity is completed all members will be granted Guild Currency, with the highest contributors getting bonus currency
Activities will change daily
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/25268/guilds-preview#latest

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So when does this big update drop?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

So when does this big update drop?

End of the month is their goal, so June?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Malgrin posted:

End of the month is their goal, so June?
Of what year though? I need to plan my HM farming schedule

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Man that guild size isn't even double the friend list size.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Should I aim to get shards of heroes I already have (things like ewok scout, the trooper, the consular) to start, to progress further in on stronger versions of them, or should I start farming for the named character shards ASAP to replace these guys?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

KittyEmpress posted:

Should I aim to get shards of heroes I already have (things like ewok scout, the trooper, the consular) to start, to progress further in on stronger versions of them, or should I start farming for the named character shards ASAP to replace these guys?

Based on area, here are what I think are good choices:
Galactic War: Luminara
Arena: Sidious
Cantina fights: Geonosian Soldier
Cantina store: Old Daka - This one might be a bit controversial, but I think having a dark side healer will help a lot with progression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'd say get Daka to like 5 stars maybe so that you have a solid darkside healer and mid level PVP character but then switch to Qui Gon ASAP because he is very good in basically anything you can use him in.

• Locked thread