Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I think we should let Warren beat the poo poo out of Nathan so Chloe can finally finish her class build and duel wield pistols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

Nathan's response to getting the poo poo kicked out of him is horrifying. I mean, yes, he's done some unforgivably horrible things, but drat. It's hard not to feel bad because there's clearly something not entirely right with him.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
http://www.theonion.com/article/study-links-clinical-depression-getting-dunked-52672

I thought the thread might appreciate this article.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I think that actually happened to some French guy. He got dunked on by Vince Carter so hard he fell into a deep depression.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

johnfw50 posted:

I think that actually happened to some French guy. He got dunked on by Vince Carter so hard he fell into a deep depression.

Frederic Weis, it ruined his professional basketball career before it even began and he even attempted suicide years later. Sad story.

The dunk loving owns though. It's refered to as "le Dunk De la Mort"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Frederic Weis, it ruined his professional basketball career before it even began and he even attempted suicide years later. Sad story.

The dunk loving owns though. It's refered to as "le Dunk De la Mort"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!! I have no april fools goof for ya'll except that this thread is apparently now about Sick Historical Dunks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He didn't attempt suicide because of the dunk, though. His spiral into depression seems to have been caused by his son being diagnosed with autism in 2002, leading to the 2008 attempt.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

He didn't attempt suicide because of the dunk, though. His spiral into depression seems to have been caused by his son being diagnosed with autism in 2002, leading to the 2008 attempt.

This is true, Vince Carter did not fact dunk on a man so hard that it drove him to attempt suicide.

...yet.

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
In non-dunk related news, Love is Strange, a fan-made visual novel based on Life is Strange, was released today. It's basically a lesbian dating sim? You, as Max, get to romance one of Chloe, Kate, Victoria or Rachel Amber.

It's set in an alternate universe (and not the alternate universe from the game with wheelchair Chloe and Vortex Max), without time-travel powers and missing girls, so I'm not sure if there'll be any spoilers, but it might be best avoided if you don't know how Life is Strange itself ends.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Surprise Pizza posted:

In non-dunk related news, Love is Strange, a fan-made visual novel based on Life is Strange, was released today. It's basically a lesbian dating sim? You, as Max, get to romance one of Chloe, Kate, Victoria or Rachel Amber.

It's set in an alternate universe (and not the alternate universe from the game with wheelchair Chloe and Vortex Max), without time-travel powers and missing girls, so I'm not sure if there'll be any spoilers, but it might be best avoided if you don't know how Life is Strange itself ends.

People are weird.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

FeralWraith posted:

People are weird.

yeah........ weird.....

*quietly bookmarks site to download later*

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

FeralWraith posted:

People are weird.

look man sometimes you just want the girls to kiss ok

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Panzer Skank posted:

look man sometimes you just want the girls to kiss ok

Only if by sometimes you mean all the times.

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
There is another Life is Strange visual novel in development, but that's set after the game, so it's massively spoilery.

Panzer Skank posted:

look man sometimesalways you just want the girls to kiss ok

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Surprise Pizza posted:

Well what good is a LiS dating sim if you can't rewind your decisions and pick all the best lines to make all your girlfriends happy? MY IMMERSION.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

you can tell the game is bad because victoria is one of the romance options

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Wow thread... yep, that's a good idea, beat the kid close to death and take his gun as well. Just what Max needs is the police after all of them for gun possession and felony assault.

Seriously doing this kinda of poo poo to Nathan kinda makes us the same as him... Which I suppose will make the reveal that Max is really Nathan in an alternative timeline carry more punch :rimshot: when it happens.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DropsySufferer posted:

Seriously doing this kinda of poo poo to Nathan kinda makes us the same as him...
Haha nope.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

W GON GIVE IT TO YA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQAFvbtMHuI

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Hello good morning! It's Monday so why not a :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:Let's press the suspect for evidence and try to piece together this mystery!:siren:

And here's the journal pages for today!

Here's the flowchart image I was talking about! It's really loving huge, so definitely open this in a new tab and zoom in. It's actually too big for me to even post as a timg lmao. The amount of work that went into the scene with Frank is absolutely staggering!! I was actually surprised to review this flowchart after recording and seeing that I misremembered how to handle certain parts of it, but I still managed to get through okay!

PS I might be able to get another video out this week?? I'll try my best!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Right, that's it. No more sympathy for Chloe. Dog killers deserve no mercy.
Perfectly fine with shooting Frank, by the way.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 4, 2016

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

anilEhilated posted:

Right, that's it. No more sympathy for Chloe. Dog killers deserve no mercy.
Perfectly fine with shooting Frank, by the way.

Incidentally if we didn't have the gun, Chloe gets mauled by Pompidou and it's one of the only situations where you're forced to rewind this scene.

edit: VVV :( why dont u like the saucy teen, she just wants to solve a mystery w/ her time travel friend :( :(

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 4, 2016

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Panzer Skank posted:

Incidentally if we didn't have the gun, Chloe gets mauled by Pompidou and it's one of the only situations where you're forced to rewind this scene.
WHY DO THEY LOCK YOU OUT OF HAPPY ENDING

Seriously, that's like the least harmful outcome.

e: because i ship max x warren duh
Actually, it is an interesting point, I'm fairly sure I disliked Chloe from the start for some reason. I'll ponder on that a bit.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 4, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Somebody is trying to Kickstart $20K to make or ask Dontnod to make LiS2. I'm not going to link it because spoilers, but it's so naive and misguided.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Panzer Skank posted:

edit: VVV :( why dont u like the saucy teen, she just wants to solve a mystery w/ her time travel friend :( :(

Another reason why Pompidou is the best character in the game.

Waffleman_ posted:

Somebody is trying to Kickstart $20K to make or ask Dontnod to make LiS2. I'm not going to link it because spoilers, but it's so naive and misguided.

Seems pretty dumb considering they already announced that they were going to do it at some point.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Dude I love dogs, but if I'm gonna get mauled, that dog's done.

I'd feel like poo poo about it later but come on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Actually, it is an interesting point, I'm fairly sure I disliked Chloe from the start for some reason. I'll ponder on that a bit.

Yeah, you should, you're starting to get weird about your dislike for a fictional teenage girl.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Really? Is it so bad to dislike a character? I think I've pointed it out before - immature, insecure, blaming everything on others. It's understandable but doesn't necessarily make her sympathetic in my book.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

To the point where you're kinda cheering on her death, though?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Hyperbole? It's a fictional character, I don't see how wishing she got bit by an equally fictional dog is relevant either way. Don't tell me you never wished a character got their comeuppance.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Look, claim the Prescotts own the cops or whatever, but at this point you have definitive proof that Nathan is involved with a drug dealer, is seriously unhinged, and is hiding something in the Mystery Barn. Take it to the press or something if the cops actually won't get involved (though with the amount of evidence we've racked up, I think even the corrupt cops would probably have to do something) but now is pretty much the point Max and Chloe should stop taking the lead on the Rachel Amber case.

poo poo seems on the verge of getting way too real. If nothing else, they should ask for backup. Maybe they don't want Warren around (and that's fair, a lucky nerd sucker punch doesn't make you the Hulk) but Frank's down to help and I'm sure he'd be useful if a conflict arises.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

There were so many times when I played through this game where I almost yelled angrily at my screen about someone not calling the cops.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

There were so many times when I played through this game where I almost yelled angrily at my screen about someone not calling the cops.

What's this a mystery story where the heroes don't call the cops!? :monocle:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
This is probably one of my favorite chapters for these two scenes. The bit with was Frank was pretty fantastic. Looking at it it's extremely linear, just don't gently caress up twice, and some of your previous choices play into it. It really nails in just how powerful Max's rewind power can be. And I kind of love that she's so pissed at Frank that even if you ask her to be polite, she still fucks it up.

And then the investigation bit. We spent the past few chapters getting a ton of information, but it felt really good to do some legit detective work and nailing down all of the clutter and it finally helps us get somewhere meaningful in finding out what the gently caress happened to Kate and Rachel.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

anilEhilated posted:

Hyperbole? It's a fictional character, I don't see how wishing she got bit by an equally fictional dog is relevant either way. Don't tell me you never wished a character got their comeuppance.

"This realistically portrayed teen, boy I sure hope she gets hosed up by an animal. What, it's just a joke?"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Pretty sure even if the police were interested they wouldn't go anywhere near evidence that was obtained illegally i.e. two thirds of Max and Chloe's actual evidence.

Also, Panzer Skank used my joke, yaaaaay! :v:

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

"This realistically portrayed teen, boy I sure hope she gets hosed up by an animal. What, it's just a joke?"

And yet still fictional.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

if you make nice with frank about his dog in the last episode, you have an easier time with this scene, i think

e: oh, i didn't see the flowchart you posted

AriadneThread fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 5, 2016

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
No one is mentioning that Max isn't oblivious about Warren's maxcrush!!!!!! She knows!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Pretty sure even if the police were interested they wouldn't go anywhere near evidence that was obtained illegally i.e. two thirds of Max and Chloe's actual evidence.

Fun fact, evidence obtained illegally by a private citizen is absolutely admissible in court so long as the private investigator wasn't acting directly on behalf of or at the direction of the police.

• Locked thread