Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Skwirl posted:

Kirby's original stuff made it look like clothes they were wearing and not just body paint.
They had these weird cinched belts yet were evocative of astronaut getups.

Though fabric doesn't quite make sense for Mr Fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FilthyImp posted:

They had these weird cinched belts yet were evocative of astronaut getups.

Though fabric doesn't quite make sense for Mr Fantastic.

Or Johnny Storm for that matter.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Moon Knight's last run was one of my favorite books from Marvel, next to Hawkeye. I've never really been a fan of superhero comics in general, but Moon Knight's different looks were all really cool, though I liked his cape and cowl look most.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Or Johnny Storm for that matter.

"Unstable molecules."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

NotAnArtist posted:

Moon Knight's last run was one of my favorite books from Marvel, next to Hawkeye. I've never really been a fan of superhero comics in general, but Moon Knight's different looks were all really cool, though I liked his cape and cowl look most.

As soon as I heard "Moon Knight recreates The Raid", I was down as gently caress with the entire run.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
In the 80''s/90's Moon Knight did have a lovely twist to his costume, where he added a golden bely, gauntlets, and a necklace. It was soon disposed of.

Other than that, every iteration of his costume has been pretty amazing, even the white tuxedo look.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Especially the white tuxedo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Chaos Hippy posted:

White limo white tux. That's my Moon Knight.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I wanna see a cross-over with White Tux Moon Knight and Black Tux Grendel.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
With a last-issue cameo from Tuxedo Mask.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

well shoot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chaos Hippy posted:

He had three costumes in the Ellis run? The standard one, the bird head one and the suit one, right?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

zoux posted:

He had three costumes in the Ellis run? The standard one, the bird head one and the suit one, right?

The standard one had black in it, so it wasn't necessarily "standard", the suit, and then, yeah, the bird (although that was a one-off).

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Ferrule posted:

I wanna see a cross-over with White Tux Moon Knight and Black Tux Grendel.

I can't believe how much I want this now. Grendel has always had one of my favorite masks in all of comics, and he just looked so drat SHARP and classy but also terrifying when he wore the mask with the tux. And "Mr. Knight" in his white mask and tux looked awesome as well.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Norns posted:

White limo white tux. That's my Moon Knight.

Not quite feeling this Rancid cover.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

My first quote/edit mix-up!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

And your last. :commissar:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Not quite feeling this Rancid cover.

I understood that reference.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011
Anyone else seen these new (VERY Cam Kennedy-influenced) Knights of Ren concept art pieces? Black series, take my money.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

I'm sure it's at least partially intentional, but this legitimately looks like a group of teenagers trying to be intimidating. :allears:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

This is full on Rage Against the Machine "gently caress You I Won't Tidy My Bedroom!"

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Looks like the lineup at a Rick Owens runway show

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dude with a paper cutter sword owns the most.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
At first glance I thought the second dude was standing in a trash can.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Toadstrieb posted:

Anyone else seen these new (VERY Cam Kennedy-influenced) Knights of Ren concept art pieces? Black series, take my money.

There are all incredibly rad. That last one is my favorite.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They all look like Sonic's idle animations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ferrule posted:

Where all star wars belongs :grin:

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Travis343 posted:

Where all star wars belongs :grin:

But Star Wars isn't anime?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ferrule posted:

But Star Wars isn't anime?

Anime gets its own separate trash can

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Travis343 posted:

Anime gets its own separate trash can

A dumpster

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Ferrule posted:

He's turned to the Grouch Side. It's not as evil as the Dark Side.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DC Bombshells clothing coming to your local Hot Topic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OUcGOFQjf8

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
No Power Girl? :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Light Gun Man posted:

No Power Girl? :v:

She's not really pushed as one of the main ones.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I like that Poison Ivy dress quite a bit; that's a cool pattern.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dexie posted:

She's not really pushed as one of the main ones.

I figured there'd be a Supergirl dress, though. The design is probably more wearable as something other than a costume than anything but the Ivy one. Also weird from the perspective of a reader of the comic because Ivy and Harley are barely in it. (I know they're the more iconic characters than Barda or Stargirl or Mera, but still)

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

This is great. Love the colors, love the details like how the thigh and ankle holsters attach sensibly, love the fact that she has a guard on her right hand, the kevlar, the laces on the back of her mask, it's all just great. But then again I have a soft spot for costumes that look home-assembled.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

I figured there'd be a Supergirl dress, though. The design is probably more wearable as something other than a costume than anything but the Ivy one. Also weird from the perspective of a reader of the comic because Ivy and Harley are barely in it. (I know they're the more iconic characters than Barda or Stargirl or Mera, but still)

I know girls who already basically wear the Wonder Woman outfit.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Plethora posted:

This is great. Love the colors, love the details like how the thigh and ankle holsters attach sensibly, love the fact that she has a guard on her right hand, the kevlar, the laces on the back of her mask, it's all just great. But then again I have a soft spot for costumes that look home-assembled.

Don't you usually armor the right forearm because the left is protected by your shield though? Without a shield there isn't a reason to armor differentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Assuming you just want to minimize your total armor in general, you may still armor your sword hand because it is going to the most extended/vulnerable part as you fight - any time you attack you are putting it closest to your enemy. That isn't true for your off hand unless you are doing something strange, it would either be trailing or with the rest of your body (think of the stereotypical fencing stance, although that is exaggerated).

• Locked thread