Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I thought god's not dead 2 would take the cake for shirty Christian movie, this year. Holy poo poo, how do you take columbine and make it all about you?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

"Well, there were bullies, you see, so all the shooters needed was Christ!"

I find this movie more offensive than a million bum fight clips

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
here's some stdh

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

A Classy Ghost posted:

here's some stdh

Are you contesting that she is not a bird, or that she has in excess of, or less than, 99 problems?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

cash crab posted:

Are you contesting that she is not a bird, or that she has in excess of, or less than, 99 problems?

I think anyone with even a casual interaction with any birds ever would tell you they're a problem, so I think the lie is that none of her 99 problems are a bird.

At least 3 of mine are Canada Geese.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Elblanco posted:

I thought god's not dead 2 would take the cake for shirty Christian movie, this year. Holy poo poo, how do you take columbine and make it all about you?

Christians have been making Columbine all about them since it happened. Martyrs, persecution and all that. They do that with everything. it's sort of their lifesblood.

This one looks good. Christians make good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2eSj37_dHU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

A Classy Ghost posted:

here's some stdh

It's okay, Classy Ghost. We can move past this and heal.

e: birdception

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Apr 4, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
E:f, too late.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I feel like this is total bullshit.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/03/europe/uk-kids-human-arrow/index.html

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

:stonk:

stay safe poverty birbs

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I guarantee that s did happen. That bird is a poo poo machine

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

:stonk:

stay safe poverty birbs
You have summoned the poverty 'burbs and will soon be forced into negative equity.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

NESguerilla posted:

Christians have been making Columbine all about them since it happened. Martyrs, persecution and all that. They do that with everything. it's sort of their lifesblood.

This one looks good. Christians make good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2eSj37_dHU

These pandering movies are more shameful than a Hogan's Heroes style sex tape

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Elblanco posted:

I thought god's not dead 2 would take the cake for shirty Christian movie, this year.

:agreed: there were a lotta shirts in that one :v:

I wonder how the people involved in making those movies feel. Are they all on board with the Christian message or is it just a weird job.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fathis Munk posted:

:agreed: there were a lotta shirts in that one :v:

I wonder how the people involved in making those movies feel. Are they all on board with the Christian message or is it just a weird job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtKue9f459A

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

I was just about to post this. I saw this movie last week and didn't think movies could get any more sanctimonious. I guess I've been proven wrong.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Aw man I remembered they planned a movie about that book but I think I didn't know Cage was in it :eyepop:

E: Hahaha a 2% rotten tomatoes score and 12% metascore.

Huh I also didn't know it's from 2014?

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 14:46 on Apr 4, 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I wonder if they'll touch on the evil Satanist music of Marylin Manson and Devil-made video game DOOM.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Fathis Munk posted:

Aw man I remembered they planned a movie about that book but I think I didn't know Cage was in it :eyepop:

E: Hahaha a 2% rotten tomatoes score and 12% metascore.

Huh I also didn't know it's from 2014?

It's a remake. There's also the awful Kirk Cameron one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's a Kirk Cameron left behind movie from the 90s as well.

E: whoops left the reply window open.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

Sadly even Cage couldn't turn the movie from 'bad' to 'amusingly bad'.

And it's obvious 90% of their budget went to him.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

My personal "favorite" christian fundie movie has to be one where the Anti-Christ is played by loving Basil Exposition from Austin Powers.

Another had Mr. T in it, and I don't think he was doing it for the paycheck.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Tunicate posted:

Sadly even Cage couldn't turn the movie from 'bad' to 'amusingly bad'.

And it's obvious 90% of their budget went to him.

If Nicolas Cage has the best, most subtle acting in a movie, its a bad sign.

Hardcordion has a new favorite as of 18:33 on Apr 4, 2016

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kay Kessler posted:

My personal "favorite" christian fundie movie has to be one where the Anti-Christ is played by loving Basil Exposition from Austin Powers.

Another had Mr. T in it, and I don't think he was doing it for the paycheck.

The one with Mr. T is Judgment, and is the only one I half-way watched. I don't remember much other than Mr. T being with some Christians who were being oppressed, also there was the Sign of the Beast they were refusing. It was in the background while I was doing something else.

Leninboarrir
May 11, 2006

stupid monster
http://imgur.com/gallery/4JFPj

quote:

Made it to the front page! I guess, send boobs or whatever. Actually, how about you all reach out to someone you haven't talked to in a while. It may make a huge difference in their life!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

quote:

Ultermarto 208 points : 12 replies : 7 hours ago reply
This conversation seems pretty drat artificial.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
that's an edited version of one where the mom is texting the military guy. the same mom that Jody.....hosed?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

?????????
Okay, maybe I missed it, but how did he find out his name was Jody? And how did he find his dad(I guess if you know which recruiting station and know the name, you can narrow the results down...)
At any rate, the biggest red flag to me was the 17 minute gap between telling him the recruiting post and the guy getting the call and reacting. That is probably fastest I've ever seen something get replied to and carried out. Military efficiency I guess

e: Like, I realize this is STDH, but there are so many plot holes

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Postal Parcel posted:

?????????
Okay, maybe I missed it, but how did he find out his name was Jody? And how did he find his dad(I guess if you know which recruiting station and know the name, you can narrow the results down...)
At any rate, the biggest red flag to me was the 17 minute gap between telling him the recruiting post and the guy getting the call and reacting. That is probably fastest I've ever seen something get replied to and carried out. Military efficiency I guess

Hint: "Jody" is a term, not a given name.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Postal Parcel posted:

?????????

ImPunningWithImPunity 863 points : 17 replies : 9 hours ago reply
FYI: Jody. n. A male civilian who romances a military man's wife or girlfriend in his absence.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
It's a Facebook message btw that's how he found he dad

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hint: "Jody" is a term, not a given name.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

ImPunningWithImPunity 863 points : 17 replies : 9 hours ago reply
FYI: Jody. n. A male civilian who romances a military man's wife or girlfriend in his absence.

Ok, at first I thought it was just a nickname but then the title of the page is "Jody gets destroyed" making me think it was a proper name

And I guess I automatically thought it was text messages because of the format

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Though in this case everyone's an rear end in a top hat actually.

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 08:01 on Apr 5, 2016

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

I know nothing about legislation in the US but giving away chat logs to an outside party is a violation of secrecy.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

A Classy Ghost posted:

here's some stdh

cash crab posted:

I contest both :colbert:

No way has her bird not pooped on her shoulder, and that's a problem.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Watch my convoluted own of a man we can all hate! :freep:

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

You can tell it's STDH because it's a long-rear end conversation about cucking on the internet and no one used the word "cuck".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

RNG posted:

You can tell it's STDH because it's a long-rear end conversation about cucking on the internet and no one used the word "cuck".

e: beaten, disregard

• Locked thread