Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
follow you'are dreams

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2599651258/203495682

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I don't play League much anymore, but I hope the Taric rework is everything I hope it'll be. He was the third character I ever bought and I was always so disappointed with how the fantasy of "melee healer" never panned out.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I stand by Speed Taric. Boots 5 and Dead Man's Plate just running around the map stunning fools. It doesn't work for anything seriously but it's super fun to gently caress around with.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

do not take cinderhulk on amumu please. runic echoes is way better. my early game build on amumu is runic echoes, boots, and haunting guise. gets you relatively tanky but makes you hit like a truck to assist in easy ganks. this lets you transition into more main line sunfire abyssal pretty easily or you can go for an ap ryliandries type of thing. aside from that look into gragas, zac, nasus, and malphite. poppy is also pretty good right now.

Yeah, Trundle went Triforce first item and said he wasn't going to build any tank items so I went cinderhulk because I'm a loving moron and try to adapt to the idiots on my team every game when I know it is never going to work.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
soraka is great with draven and jhin and graves and other carries that specialize in dealing big damage trades and then backing off. nami is alright with jhin although obviously not ideal since the slow on blessing will wear off between his slow rear end shots. janna's obviously excellent, like what do you even have to be smoking to think she pairs badly with any carry

these are the correct opinions, please update your jhin notes accordingly

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
but what about the research on putting tacquitos in the oven versus the microwave? do you have any notes for me at this time?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
couldnt tell you, i've upgraded to pizza rolls

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
How do you be aggressive with janna in lane? How do you not die horribly

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Servaetes posted:

but what about the research on putting tacquitos in the oven versus the microwave? do you have any notes for me at this time?

The microwave is fine if you like soggy bullshit. The rest of us like to fully cook our food like men who walk upright.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I even put my frozen waffles in the oven

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

The Missing Link posted:

The microwave is fine if you like soggy bullshit. The rest of us like to fully cook our food like men who walk upright.

Dolphincop went on a twenty or thirty minute rant about this revelation without a shred of irony in his voice. I still to this day am unsure if he was stoned, though he affirms he was not.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Tank ekko is loving busted play it now before they nerf it again

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You heat up pizza rolls and taquitos in the oven, they're gross otherwise

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

NTT posted:

I take exhaust about 70% of the time as marksman because heal doesn't work against Talon, kassadin, rengar, or about 70 other champions

especially now that ignite cuts heal in half, but only if you take it. It doesnt cut ally heals.

Yup. If there's no assassin on the enemy and you don't have a windspeaker support then there's a case to be made for keeping heal as ADC for the on-demand speed boost. If either of those is true it's situational but if both are then bot should definitely swap summoner spells. It takes some getting used to though, which you don't always want to risk with randoms.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
So I gambled with skins in the hextech poo poo and got yellow Akali. I've been trying her out and what the gently caress is the secret behind her? I've done marginally alright as tank Akali but I still struggle during the laning phase even post-6 unless my jungler shows up to help.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
max e first, build tank and zzrot, clear like a motherfucker and if anyone comes to gently caress with you, just beat them to death

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I still remember the 2 weeks of taric top/jungle being viable before they crunched down on that and made it so nobody played him again.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

can this be the next OP

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Servaetes posted:

^ Bond, Jhin Player http://plays.tv/video/56e982ad5e60bbad76/-good-

Yeah, that fourth shot + shield thing is about all Janna offers it feels like to me.

I've had extremely good success with Nami (mostly because the Nami I play with is really drat good) with the whole temp speedup fourth shot + bouncing heal or waterhands or bubble > root, Leona also really good, Alistar really good. Naut and Braum I've not played with but I totally can see how it'd be legit. Basically anyone that can set you up a root on demand and block some heat for you to do your ~*art*~ is a great pick with you. Anyone else is just uncivilized uncouth idiot moron scum trash.

He's good with Morg, too. Black Shield can stop him from getting cc'd for an easy pick, and her pool gives him an on-demand snare with his W. Plus she harasses like mad.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
in the words of a great poet

im taric

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Dad Taric, so what.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Hello my name is R. Lazz and I'm insanely bad at this game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I enjoy Taric's pecs but I'm more of an rear end man.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Shield yourself, auto attack the other guys.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

A) Shield yourself. Your shield isn't just for protecting your carry it gives you fantastic defensive capabilities yourself. You'll win trades just by doing damage and taking none. Your auto attack becomes a significant harass tool.
B) You can ghost through minions once you have a point in W. Your enemy can't. Guess who comes out ahead there?
C) If an enemy tries to go all-in to punish tornado and walk away.

Seriously, your shield has a trivial mana cost, a short cooldown, and absorbs a shitload of damage. You have fantastic harassing ability. If your ADC is getting harassed enough that you need to shield them constantly they need to position less terribly. It means you have to play defensive but Janna is good at that too.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 5, 2016

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I've been queueing as top/mid to increase the rate I get top and finally got mid. Talon is really fun. I was able to just jump in an nuke someone, even a poppy once when I misclicked. Any tips for his early game?

blitzkreig.bmp
Aug 7, 2008

Rottin' and Rollin'

This is my first Bard game.

This is S rank.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah, Trundle went Triforce first item and said he wasn't going to build any tank items so I went cinderhulk because I'm a loving moron and try to adapt to the idiots on my team every game when I know it is never going to work.

now instead of having one guy with an inefficient build your team has two!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Had an easily winnable game where our Bard would stasis everyone on purpose either in critical fights or when we'd be about to take the Nexus.

So glad Lyte's exciting toxicity research where no one ever gets banned so he can write papers is paying off.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That bard sounds cool

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

henkman posted:

That bard sounds cool

I like Bard more when I am playing him and am 6/0/0 and my ADC is complaining about how I'm stealing all his kills rather than the Bard that loses us the game.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

too lazy to screenshot and then photoshop my screenshot but i went 15/5/19 as amumu and did over 20 thousand more damage to champions than our adc and the moral of the story is believe in goku because holy poo poo was that game a nightmare at the start and i must have declined like a dozen surrender votes

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

So I gambled with skins in the hextech poo poo and got yellow Akali. I've been trying her out and what the gently caress is the secret behind her? I've done marginally alright as tank Akali but I still struggle during the laning phase even post-6 unless my jungler shows up to help.

I actually don't think she matches up that well in the top lane against current meta champs -- Trundle steals her tank stats, Poppy 1v1s her throughout the game, others are too tanky to kill etc.

Play the laning phase to survive in a lot of matchups, unless you see gank kill pressure/the enemy misplays. Afterwards, where Akali really shines is being a huge disruptive force on the backline in teamfights imo. The top laner on my 5s team plays her a lot and generally he can either get to the carries and kill them or distract them long enough to take the fight. TP/roam timings are very important imo.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Bard is one of those supports where if you know how to land a Q and when to use your ult then you'll be super annoying and win games. If you can't then you're annoying your team and holding them back. Oh, and if you know when you can roam then you're golden.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

honestly its crazy how good soraka continues to be for like months in a row now

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
He's so beautiful

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I was trying to think what it was that I liked so much about nu-Taric splash and I think it's the fact that he has an entirely unnecessary popped collar in between his warcraft shoulders.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

pog boyfriend posted:

too lazy to screenshot and then photoshop my screenshot but i went 15/5/19 as amumu and did over 20 thousand more damage to champions than our adc and the moral of the story is believe in goku because holy poo poo was that game a nightmare at the start and i must have declined like a dozen surrender votes

The number of games where I started off something like 0/3/0 and behind by 30CS but have come back to dominate the mid-late game also make me believe in Goku.

Being ADC Quinn also helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
As someone who main'd Taric for a long time, I'm really excited for the rework. I hope they don't remove is ability to make enemy poke lanes look like chumps while supporting. Honestly, his in lane sustain is better than Soraka's if you can force the enemy to split their damage at all, and if your ADC is going to outscale their ADC by the late game, then Taric is an A+ pro pick.

• Locked thread