Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mistaya posted:

I was trying to think what it was that I liked so much about nu-Taric splash and I think it's the fact that he has an entirely unnecessary popped collar in between his warcraft shoulders.

i think my favorite part is the massive erection it gives me that will no doubt be blueballed when riot teases him being a standard laner then promptly dumpsters his ratios and shoehorns him into obscure support position once again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

As long as they return to the days of 1v2 hulk taric, I am fine with the rework.

Seriously those were the best days of taric ever. You would get 200 armour at level 9 and casualy 1v2 or 1v3 the botlane and the jungler. It was hilarious.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Luna Was Here posted:

i think my favorite part is the massive erection it gives me that will no doubt be blueballed when riot teases him being a standard laner then promptly dumpsters his ratios and shoehorns him into obscure support position once again

Poppy, Naut, and Trundle do just fine as top and support, so it's perfectly doable. We'll just have to see.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Jeezy petes! Four people on my team got an S rank. Slacker Jinx.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I rerolled 3 skin shards into 1 permanent skin and got 100 orange dust. What's that about?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Parallel Playa posted:

I rerolled 3 skin shards into 1 permanent skin and got 100 orange dust. What's that about?

They give you some essence if you reroll into a skin worth less than the ones you rerolled iirc

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
It never said I also received a skin though. I guess this means I should check every champion to see if there's a skin somewhere that I didn't have before?

e: it does say what I got in the purchases tab in the store. I got traditional Lee so yay :)

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Apr 5, 2016

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol skin shards wtf is this crap how did they make this game even dumber

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i hate hextech crafting, please stop making videos of you opening chests, no one cares

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tired Moritz posted:

i hate hextech crafting, please stop making videos of you opening chests, no one cares

There seems to be a weird subset of stream viewers who do. I've seen Hearthstone players do long blocks where they just open a couple hundred packs for their audience.

It's kinda weird, but, hey, I guess I'm just not their target audience for that stuff. :shrug:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

AHH FUGH posted:

The worst part about playing Janna is that she's such a passive laner. She's the support that people who don't know how to support pick and will therefore just sit there and maybe shield you if the enemy ADC tries to harass, but is otherwise a useless XP soaking lump of peel (maybe).

Give me something with some actual engage potential that can eat some cooldowns without dying instantly.

Who needs a jungler when they can have jannaa
http://plays.tv/video/57039b52298d0c727c/jannaaa

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Tired Moritz posted:

Definitely don't YouTube search for "unboxing" videos because there's literally a metric fuckload of them.

I've never understood it either.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

please don't kinkshame

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I'm now 20-3 on Nautilus this season. Why are people still not banning him every game?????

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

henkman posted:

Tank ekko is loving busted play it now before they nerf it again

This and banner/portal heimerdinger are my least favorite gimmicks right now.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Sexpansion posted:

banner/portal heimerdinger

This sounds like a fun build if you're getting impatient waiting for the new Pokémon games to come out.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Libertine posted:

Definitely don't YouTube search for "unboxing" videos because there's literally a metric fuckload of them.

I've never understood it either.

the people of the internet lust for loot in all forms.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Zz'rot spawns kill zac during passive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K11mtRYAL1c

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Hermetic posted:

This sounds like a fun build if you're getting impatient waiting for the new Pokémon games to come out.

yuck

e: to be fair we only lost because Ezreal decided to not take a free baron with the rest of the team, it was pretty close. But an awful laning experience. Bottom tier.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Sexpansion posted:

yuck

e: to be fair we only lost because Ezreal decided to not take a free baron with the rest of the team, it was pretty close. But an awful laning experience. Bottom tier.

The only thing worse than laning against Heimerdinger is laning against a trash-talking Heimerdinger.

My favorite was one who kept poo poo-talking about Darius being a no-skill champ as he stood back and let his turrets CS and poke for him.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Man, I'm getting old. My thoughts on unboxing are that when I was a kid, we had to play Dungeons and Dragons to see what a RNG would turn up.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I'm now 20-3 on Nautilus this season. Why are people still not banning him every game?????

It's amazing you've gotten to play him so often, in plat+ he's the 4th most banned champ in the game. I'm honestly not sure when he was last open in one of my draft games. I guess just keep picking him -- there are a lot of really strong champs at the moment, but sometimes ban rates just don't make sense (i.e., why is Raka not p/b every game? Why is Fiora banned 20% of the time) and there's a pretty big disconnect/lag between champ power and ban rates.

Godspeed.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Zz'rot spawns kill zac during passive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K11mtRYAL1c

that's easy to counter. just tp to one of the blobs to make it invincible

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Teammate (after losing a normal draft game): Ugh ... I hate silver ...

Me: Wow I'm in silver???

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

mistaya posted:

I was trying to think what it was that I liked so much about nu-Taric splash and I think it's the fact that he has an entirely unnecessary popped collar in between his warcraft shoulders.

Nothing is unnecessary about that collar. It reminds us that Taric is both fabulous and truly, truly outrageous.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

foutre posted:

It's amazing you've gotten to play him so often, in plat+ he's the 4th most banned champ in the game. I'm honestly not sure when he was last open in one of my draft games. I guess just keep picking him -- there are a lot of really strong champs at the moment, but sometimes ban rates just don't make sense (i.e., why is Raka not p/b every game? Why is Fiora banned 20% of the time) and there's a pretty big disconnect/lag between champ power and ban rates.

Godspeed.

1. Soraka got "nerfed" in the last patch so the current player perception is that she is not absurdly OP enough to be banned every game (she is)

2. Fiora has that annoying stigma, like Zed, where players remember the games she was two shotting ADC's with her ultimate and forget the 20 other games the Fiora got Exhausted and died instantly to the enemy assassin or ADC getting 2 seconds of free damage on her. She is also really difficult to play compared to poo poo like Nautilus and Graves but I guess 24 second CC blocking cooldown and extremely conditional true damage is OP.

edit: like seriously look at this poo poo http://champion.gg/champion/Fiora/Top

46% winrate and 24% banrate :psyduck:

she doesn't break 50% winrate until she is played at least 125+ games

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 5, 2016

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How hard is Fizz or Ahri to learn? I just want options when I get stuck with mid

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Pressing R isn't conditional really

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

Pressing R isn't conditional really

It's absurdly easy to position yourself against a wall and block off at least two of the vitals from her, especially after her slow and bonus range on E got massively nerfed.

Bads won't realize this and try to slapfight her directly instead of neutering her offense completely and then murdering her if she goes all in

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That's great but 2 vitals instagibs anything building damage and not tank so you dont need 4 anyway

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
uh implying that everyone isn't building tank anyway (or the ADC isn't an idiot and buying QSS and ignoring her ult completely anyway)

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
ahh yes, that 10 minute QSS rush on the adc that's all the rage...

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Fiora isn't going to be two shotting anything at 10 minutes...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Fiora is fine. She's definitely balanced now, probably overnerfed/undertuned. She's really fun to watch when someone at the absolute skill cap of playing her is on her, and she can be really sad if someone new gets behind early on her.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I ban fiora or lb every game. ama

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So what's the fat karma top build? I usually go iceborn gauntlet and spirit visage, then zzrot

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

foutre posted:

Godspeed.

I queue top/mid in gold and if I get top and he's open, I pick him without a second thought. Even if you get poo poo stomped in lane (which is like, how???), you just auto anything near your carries in teamfights, ult someone, and poo poo out your E and OOPS the enemy team just got clean aced.

It seems like the only time he gets banned super consistently is when I am either like last pick top or mid.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kashuno posted:

So what's the fat karma top build? I usually go iceborn gauntlet and spirit visage, then zzrot

Take ASPD Reds and Quints, AP glyphs, scaling HP seals. Rush sheen and bully the enemy melee champ with endless auto attacks and R -> Qs. Take tanky AP itemization, don't rush only resists. Rod of Ages/Abyssal Scepter/Liandry's Torment/Zhonya's etc. Spirit Visage is fine but ZZrot is excessive.

This gimmick is dumb and bad but fun. Also items with flat penetration/MR reduction like Haunting Guise Sorc Boots and Abyssal are extra effective on Karma because she has high base damage on Mantra Q

How Rude fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 5, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Play top ekko Instead by using the exact same build but good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-update-taric-shield-valoran

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...t2=&authorName=

oh and patch
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-67-notes

Bholder fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 5, 2016