Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Christo posted:

Is anyone else having issues receiving replies from your friends? I can see their likes and comments on my recent activity tab but when I click on my own mii or visitors, I only get more questions. I know one particular friend has answered at least a dozen questions but when I visit them it reports 1 seen, 0 unseen.

My friend and I saw some pretty severe delays a few evenings ago when he signed up, and we did the face-to-face friend thing...
He answered over a dozen questions, but only two were showing for me—and a bunch of his comments on my answers weren't showing up, either. I didn't see his activity until the next morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

MisterAlex posted:

My friend and I saw some pretty severe delays a few evenings ago when he signed up, and we did the face-to-face friend thing...
He answered over a dozen questions, but only two were showing for me—and a bunch of his comments on my answers weren't showing up, either. I didn't see his activity until the next morning.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with mine, too. I mean, I know I'm pretty unfunny, but I've answered tons of questions and have gotten zero hearts or comments in the last 24 hours. I leave hearts and comments everywhere, too, but I'm not sure if anyone has gotten them either. My wife also said she left a couple of comments that I haven't seen. I'm barely halfway to lvl 2 as a result.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Fryhtaning posted:

I'm wondering if something is wrong with mine, too. I mean, I know I'm pretty unfunny, but I've answered tons of questions and have gotten zero hearts or comments in the last 24 hours. I leave hearts and comments everywhere, too, but I'm not sure if anyone has gotten them either. My wife also said she left a couple of comments that I haven't seen. I'm barely halfway to lvl 2 as a result.

Well, the strangest part was that it was only his activities that were delayed for me. I continued to get stuff from others. What's your Twitter handle and Mii name? I can try testing on your answers.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I added everybody on that list. And a good chunk of you guys were nice enough to add me back but here's my Twitter to get my lame rear end on the list.

https://twitter.com/DJFatPlatypus?s=09

Spellman
May 31, 2011

MisterAlex posted:

For my friend, we had to delete him and readd him to see his 30+ answers that were hidden. If you have some mutuals, you should be able to readd him from someone else's friend list.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

This has probably been mentioned, but I don't really like how you can't see a given person's real-life account, outside of when you're first adding them (assuming that they're already on your FB/Twitter). I get not seeing mutual friends' stuff, but if I added someone that I'm friends with on FB, and then they change their look and their nickname, I have no idea who they are. It'd be nice if I could go to their Mii and then it would show <Person's name on FB>. It does it once, why not continue that?

Yesterdays Piss
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/VeraPausch

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

I am the ocean's grey waves.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Fryhtaning posted:

I'm pissed that all of this came out like two weeks after I ponied up for FE:Fates, and I had just bought Revelation last week. I want my points :argh:

like 1 day after i bought tphd =/

also i know i have been awake for about 22/23 hours because of work shift shens
but i was looking to be tempted by that majoras mask 3d discount code and uh

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/game-guide#filter/-%7C-%7Czelda%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7Cfeatured%7Cdes%7C-
what

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
Buying the Trilby was definitely a sound investment.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

masteraero posted:

Buying the Trilby was definitely a sound investment.

This guy gets it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want to talk more about chicken and potatoes.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
That potato bread thread is up to like 50 replies omg

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
potato

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Potato is not bread

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I wish people would stop posting about obviously-fake types of bread like potato and garlic on Miitomo.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Come on, jokesters, we know you like sourdough. Stop lying.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Sourdough is great in small amounts, sure.

FOODCHAT REIGNS :unsmigghh:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There's a sour dough thread that has at least as many replies as this mythical potato bread thread that I don't think I've seen.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sourdough is a no go for this mofo.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

~Coxy posted:

I wish people would stop posting about obviously-fake types of bread like potato and garlic on Miitomo.

i'm done hearing about how many flowers that hundreds of people saw on the grassy knoll / in the window of the building
it looks like they're setup to not change any of those except for once every several weeks though

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Day 2 of being unable to access my friends list. They have to know about this issue by now.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

zolthorg posted:

i'm done hearing about how many flowers that hundreds of people saw on the grassy knoll / in the window of the building
it looks like they're setup to not change any of those except for once every several weeks though

Yeah I'm real sick of the flowers question lol

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Bass Bottles posted:

Yeah I'm real sick of the flowers question lol

When asked that
silly flowers question
to find out
how many people
a person is
supposedly
going to
go out with
in their
lifetime
FUK BOI
answered

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

~Coxy posted:

Garlic bread is real. It is the proper way to prepare most breadtypes. If you did nothing but eat it, though, you'd get fat. Bread makes you fat. Butter makes you fat.

Bread makes you fat.

This potato bread thing is getting out of hand though.

zolthorg posted:

Ugh that question is worse than the bread one, but not by very much.

Serious question: how many different music/personality combos are there? My fiancé is an "Easygoing Dreamer" and I'm an "Outgoing Trendsetter. Would, say, an "Easygoing Trendsetter" have a completely different tune, or is each combo a mix of both personality bits?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 5, 2016

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Day 2 of being unable to access my friends list. They have to know about this issue by now.

Mine worked up until about 2 days ago, when i was having no problem managing like 800 friends and people were complaining it broke at like 50 for them. I convinced myself that about 24 hours of downtime was reasonable but now i'm convinced its just the Nintendo seal of buying some "Next Gen" quality server space in the toaster section of the staff kitchen at the data centre/colo

e: I see a new bread type at least a few times a day so that one's not old
but there are apparently a bunch of kids on this app so every time they ask me about stress relief I have to come up with a new lie :rolleyes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Nintendo did shoddy QA and didn't take into account people might have more than 10 friends or requests at a time. And used lovely servers. This is just really bad all around. I must have at least 100 friend requests waiting and somewhere between 8-900 friends. Two full days being down is awesome.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Serious question: how many different music/personality combos are there? My fiancé is an "Easygoing Dreamer" and I'm an "Outgoing Trendsetter. Would, say, an "Easygoing Trendsetter" have a completely different tune, or is each combo a mix of both personality bits?

One guide said there are 4 main personality types and 4 subtypes each. Makes me wonder if they based it off Myers–Briggs or something similar. But I don't know how room/music changes are done.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 5, 2016

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

It's dumb to allow 800 friends if it isn't going to work, but that's also an insane amount of friends to have.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Every morning I have all the "missions" that require others to do thing done. So that's a benefit of a lot of friends.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Not me. The two that depend on others went unfinished today. I guess I could load up an Android emulator and Heart my own stuff...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://www.twitter.com/mutatdjellyfish is me. There's the added bonus that I occasionally post art from whatever my current project is, too!

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

MisterAlex posted:

Not me. The two that depend on others went unfinished today. I guess I could load up an Android emulator and Heart my own stuff...

If you do this, tell us so we can mock you forever.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/luiz_alfonso

Where's the B&W filter for the Miifoto? :(

https://twitter.com/luiz_alfonso/status/717227595964801025

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 5, 2016

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/jellyomelet

I would like some more miitomo friends.

Jelly Omelet fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 7, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/MechaLemming/status/717242413220110336

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

#thefuture

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RealShigeruM/status/717166121280020480

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

rude
playing splatoon
join a random room
could not connect to partners device
twice
and then put into a lobby where i have to wait 50 sec
the struggle is real
nintendo diverting server architecture HARD to miitomo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

~Coxy posted:

You can pry my garlic bread from my cold, dead hands. :colbert:

• Locked thread