Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It's about 5 times higher without the shiny charm if you use the Masuda Method, which is breeding pokemon from two different countries/regions. The best way to go is getting a 6IV Ditto from japan or whatever to be your ditto daddy.

Easier said than done. Most Japanese Dittos are 6IVs for 6IVs on the GTS and I'd feel awful for taking advantage of those trades, and I'm otherwise not really interested in giving up my rares/legendaries. But, if any foreign Ditto will do, I'll keep an eye out on the GTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm egg farming while watching Scarface and now I wanna storm the Battle Maison with a Tony Montana pokemon and his cronies

I have no idea which 'mon could fill the shoes for the role, any ideas?

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Pollyanna posted:

Easier said than done. Most Japanese Dittos are 6IVs for 6IVs on the GTS and I'd feel awful for taking advantage of those trades, and I'm otherwise not really interested in giving up my rares/legendaries. But, if any foreign Ditto will do, I'll keep an eye out on the GTS.

I lucked out and got a shiny japanese 6IV ditto from wondertrade, myself. I'm on the last legs of completing my living dex, too - all that's left is a few evolutions, breeding a single egg, and two trade evo's, all from Kalos 'mons, not counting Mythicals. Soon, I'll be able to start looking for shinies at maximum efficiency!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just had a Hawlucha do a round trip on Wonder Trade. :shepface: I think I'm done for the night.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
Is using QR codes to get Pokemon still a thing? My wife just got Alpha and I wanted to play around with that.

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

Pollyanna posted:

I can clone you one if you want
0490 8248 4605

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Geostomp posted:

They seemed to forget about the patch full off wild Riolu's right outside the first gym, didn't they? That whole sequence was poorly thought out.

Yeah. "No you can't use the pokemon you raised from a child and literally evolved through friendship. Instead use this spare that I just had lying around and you've already bonded with for reasons."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That whole game was poorly thought out.

Before Victory Road, the useless timewasters tell you the rival's training at the Tower of Mastery. Well I went back and checked and not only are they not there, everyone still has the exact same dialogue from when you left, now hopelessly out of date.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
To the two guys who wanted the Tododile, I haven't forgotten about you I added you both. Just combination of spotty Internet and sickness has been keeping me from logging on.

I also have 4, and 5 Iv pichu, goodra first form whose name I can't remember right now, houndour, sentret, and geodude. I think ther might be a few 6 iv but wrong ability. They for the most part have the right nature though. I'll try logging in later tonight.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

kirbyabc posted:

I can clone you one if you want
0490 8248 4605

Haha, I'll totally take one. :v: As long as it's Japanese, it's all good. 4983 5050 7377. Find me via PSS whenever.

e: thank uuuuuuuuuuuuu

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 5, 2016

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

Pollyanna posted:

Haha, I'll totally take one. :v: As long as it's Japanese, it's all good. 4983 5050 7377. Find me via PSS whenever.
it just needs the foreign tab on it for shiny breeding, it's german which works just as well. enjoy

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder what the odds are on SunMoon saddling you with even more useless lumps the game wants you to call human friends.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder what the odds are on SunMoon saddling you with even more useless lumps the game wants you to call human friends.

Ugh, please not. I want a rival who i hate, but love crushing. That is all.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

i mean it's what every rival has been since RSE i don't see it changing anytime soon

it's a shame, Silver had a character arc even, he was the best rival

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

platinum barry is my friend

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Barry and all 3 of the Gen 5 Rivals were 100x cooler than Silver "No gently caress You Dad" Giovanni.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Barry and all 3 of the Gen 5 Rivals were 100x cooler than Silver "No gently caress You Dad" Giovanni.

You including Hugh or N as number 3 there?

Either way, we can all agree that any of the characters mentioned are better than the cardboard cutout Friendship Brigade.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I'll take the Friendship Brigade any day over "PURRLOIN!!! WHERE IS PURRLOIN?!"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Brendan just feels like kinda of a sad sack who really wants to ride your coattails.

Gen 6 was just a whole pile of losers who couldn't hack it.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
im sure most people are aware of this by now but holy crap powersaves is awesome. gently caress being a pokemon breeder, be a pokemon geneticist!

forget about the hours of working on all that IV/EV crap you can press a button and do it all instantly.

plus playing through a game with whatever pokemon you want instead of the lovely zigzagoon equivalents it saddles you with for the first 20+ hours.

oh and you never need to deal with nintendo's retarded marketing crap ever again. you can just create whatever legendaries or version exclusives you want AND you can name them too since they're not traded over from anywhere god that poo poo was the worst.

ps N and Gary are the only good rivals so far. silver is just gary but not as good. N was something different. all the "hey we're your pals!" rivals are so dull.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also if any of you have any young relatives you want to be a hero to forever here is probably the best toy you could ever get them for their bday or xmas or whatever:

get a copy of one of the 3ds pokemons and play the first 5 mins or so to get to the pokemon center, then make them a few hundred custom pokemon. find out their favorites beforehand obviously and you can share all the ones you like as well.

they'll think they're just getting a regular copy of the game til they start it up then all of a sudden WHAM they've got this entire personal pokemon collection right from the get go! it's basically the most mind blown a 10 year old can get lol they wont even know this poo poo is possible it's the best! you can get really creative with the moves and names and stuff too it's a fun little project.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Tierno was a cool dude and was the best partner.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Barry was the best rival and anyone that says otherwise will be fined a million dollars. :colbert:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

:yeah:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't know if I have the stamina or time to invest for Masuda method shinies. :( Even at ~35 Ralts eggs, it feels like way too much effort for a single shiny. It's very muda, and I'm happier with the pokeys I end up with by just playing the game. Sorry for wasting your time kirbyabc :(

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mr. Unlucky posted:

im sure most people are aware of this by now but holy crap powersaves is awesome. gently caress being a pokemon breeder, be a pokemon geneticist!

forget about the hours of working on all that IV/EV crap you can press a button and do it all instantly.

plus playing through a game with whatever pokemon you want instead of the lovely zigzagoon equivalents it saddles you with for the first 20+ hours.

oh and you never need to deal with nintendo's retarded marketing crap ever again. you can just create whatever legendaries or version exclusives you want AND you can name them too since they're not traded over from anywhere god that poo poo was the worst.

ps N and Gary are the only good rivals so far. silver is just gary but not as good. N was something different. all the "hey we're your pals!" rivals are so dull.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

also if any of you have any young relatives you want to be a hero to forever here is probably the best toy you could ever get them for their bday or xmas or whatever:

get a copy of one of the 3ds pokemons and play the first 5 mins or so to get to the pokemon center, then make them a few hundred custom pokemon. find out their favorites beforehand obviously and you can share all the ones you like as well.

they'll think they're just getting a regular copy of the game til they start it up then all of a sudden WHAM they've got this entire personal pokemon collection right from the get go! it's basically the most mind blown a 10 year old can get lol they wont even know this poo poo is possible it's the best! you can get really creative with the moves and names and stuff too it's a fun little project.

i c

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i c

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ill muda your face

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

ill muda your face

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, unfortunately I don't know if I have the stamina or time to invest for Masuda method shinies. :( Even at ~35 Ralts eggs, it feels like way too much effort for a single shiny. It's very muda, and I'm happier with the pokeys I end up with by just playing the game. Sorry for wasting your time kirbyabc :(

I only got shinies because I have more free time than I know what do with. Nobody will blame you for being sane and not going through with it.

Most of the time I just accidentally breed shinies when I breed mons to pass the time. And then it's just like "Oh I guess somebody on WT will like this 5IV HA shiny I guess".

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Geostomp posted:

You including Hugh or N as number 3 there?

Either way, we can all agree that any of the characters mentioned are better than the cardboard cutout Friendship Brigade.

I meant N. I forgot Hugh existed.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Getting pretty close to giving up on this shiny dragonite folly until I have the shiny charm. I've been at it for about a week and I've set a hard out. I've gotten to the point where I can't think of any more names so they're just assigned letters.

Any dratini with the right 5IVs and HA is kept, anything else is released and its letter goes back into the name rotation. Once I get a box full of successful specimens from A Z without a shiny, I'll settle for one of the 6IV studs I've managed to get from this process.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

"Eugenics" isn't what most people think of when they hear "Pokemon", but it's what they should hear.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Pollyanna posted:

"Eugenics" isn't what most people think of when they hear "Pokemon", but it's what they should hear.

Yeah, it's blatantly eugenics, and I struggled with it for a little while. I hated the thought of releasing mons for just not being strong enough, its gross! But man, you know what's grosser? DISORDER. IT MUST BE STOPPED AND THE SUPERIOR SPECIMENS MUST TAKE ALL THE LIVING SPACE AVAILABLE IN MY BOXES!

Sacrifice must be made for perfection.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
Well that's probably because eugenics focuses on the genetics of humans, not magic animals or sentient keyrings.

Genetic Modification is probably a more accurate term, but that depends on the series. Consider that in most media Pokemon are treated as feral animals (Farfetch'd being used as food for example) but in games like Mystery Dungeon the same Pokemon can show intelligence and create civilizations easily comparable to that of humans (The same Farfetch'd eaten for lunch is one series is a Teacher in another).

I wouldn't think about it too much, personally.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ice_Mallet posted:

Well that's probably because eugenics focuses on the genetics of humans, not magic animals or sentient keyrings.

Genetic Modification is probably a more accurate term, but that depends on the series. Consider that in most media Pokemon are treated as feral animals (Farfetch'd being used as food for example) but in games like Mystery Dungeon the same Pokemon can show intelligence and create civilizations easily comparable to that of humans (The same Farfetch'd eaten for lunch is one series is a Teacher in another).

I wouldn't think about it too much, personally.

its a joke

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
We can always count on Ruddington.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ruggington posted:

its a joke

those are illegal

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Ruggington posted:

its a joke

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

My gen 7 wish list is that the idle animations for Pokemon are cooler in battle. They're probably using the same models again, right?

• Locked thread