Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Xolve posted:

I'm pretty sure I've told you this at least once when you were in Waffles, and once before I kicked you out of Fweddit.

Please stop posting. TIA. :fuckoff:

You're not my dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I don't understand this, there's not a single mechanics or scenario question on there. Most of their interview process is "are you active?" "are you a shitler?" and "do you have someone who knows you better than I do, who can verify that you are not a shitler?"

Literally any other PVP org out there asks stupid questions like "If you had A as your ship, and wanted to (accomplish impossible task), how would you do it?" and then you are subjectively graded based on how stupid your answer is, and or how retarded your interviewer is, people are human after all, except for Flanders, who is a walking PVP encyclopedia.

This is precisely why we rewrote the SNIGG application, it was too reliant on mechanical questions that anyone with a brain could just copy-paste from other apps/Google, which isn't necessarily a bad thing because looking elsewhere for something you don't know proves you have critical thinking abilities, BUT SNIGG is like... ungodly big right now so we can be choosy on who we want to let in.

We'd rather take cooldudes than elite fags, see this thread for such an example: https://www.pandemic-legion.com/forums/showthread.php?67219-FrEeSoUl5150

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I don't understand this, there's not a single mechanics or scenario question on there. Most of their interview process is "are you active?" "are you a shitler?" and "do you have someone who knows you better than I do, who can verify that you are not a shitler?"

Literally any other PVP org out there asks stupid questions like "If you had A as your ship, and wanted to (accomplish impossible task), how would you do it?" and then you are subjectively graded based on how stupid your answer is, and or how retarded your interviewer is, people are human after all, except for Flanders, who is a walking PVP encyclopedia.

HABIT has some gameplay/mechanic related questions. Like I said though, it's super easy to just look at other people's apps that worked and use that and nobody will really care if they notice. Plus we're the superior corp because we have A&C while SNIGG are scrubs for not having any.

Though we do have Blastx so that is a negative :smith:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Drythe posted:

I've said in Elysium multiple times, but where the gently caress is all the goon propaganda?

Enemy propaganda is really loud but it's also the only thing bringing them together. There's a lot less Imperial propaganda by comparison and I think that's due to the unspoken understanding that no meme or image is as effective as a fireside chat or SOTG from dear leader.

Most of what we publish are images of necessity like infographics and things. For every piece of meme propaganda that gets published there are five more ideas that are vetted for subtext and message.

There is also a subgroup of the Imperial propaganda team who do songs and they're constantly busy.

As long as you start with a good idea, the graphic implementation is usually very quick. The propaganda group has a lot of artists who are good with their tools. If there's a funny idea you'd like to see as propaganda, stop by the propagoonda channel on jabber.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Percelus posted:

You made a post explaining why phorde getting the short end of the stick 'builds character' and another about how they shouldn't worry about being forced to do grunt work while completely excluded from flying expensive toys with mainfleet in PL because it's totally cool they're just doing their own thing. Sorry if I wasn't convinced :shrug:

I'm not saying selling the dream of elite pvp to newbies isn't a fantastic recruitment tool, I'm pointing the nature of the beast. Sorry if this offends you, friend.

So the CFC has absolutely zero divides in any of its groups? There are absolutely no requirements to join anything at all in the CFC? Day 1 newbie can freely apply to your supercapital group? To your leadership groups? :laugh:

Sorry that divisions are required in Eve to maintain security? Sorry that PL has more stringent requirements than Horde does? I'm not exactly sure what it is you're trying to make out as being bad here.

It's funny because Horde has more to give to players than PL does in that Horde actually owns space and PL doesn't, meaning Horde can provide players a place to make money whereas PL are expected to do it on their own with alts. A member of Horde with one character has an easier time with traditional moneymaking than someone in PL does with one character.

Is being a part of the PanFam a bad thing if you're not in PL? You seem to think it does, which is unfortunate considering the pure innocent fun people in Horde (and probably to a lesser extent Waffles) seem to have.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Based on some of the sigs on your forums containing the word "human being" my guess is you guys have a very different definition of what a "shitler" is

Edit: lol then one of you just used "fag" in a post itt

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Daruna posted:

So the CFC has absolutely zero divides in any of its groups? There are absolutely no requirements to join anything at all in the CFC? Day 1 newbie can freely apply to your supercapital group? To your leadership groups? :laugh:

way to be even more disingenuous than him s m h

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I think the forum is retired now but in the thread where that Lilith guy was mauled and other threads at the time there was a lot of ship and fleet question along the lines of "You are facing a hostile MWD HAC armour fleet. What fleet comp would you choose. Elaborate on your answers" With follow up questions.

Or questions about the ships the applicant presented and how they would fare against certain doctrines and what modules he would change depending on the enemy.

All I remember at the time was that I had no idea what any of the answers were and that space Flanders probably did know.

But a quick glance at a few of the later threads and none of that seems to be applicable any more. Now it's about the vouches and some shitposting to see if they can get the applicant to lose his temper. More about how he answers the questions and not the answers.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Unfunny Poster posted:

HABIT has some gameplay/mechanic related questions. Like I said though, it's super easy to just look at other people's apps that worked and use that and nobody will really care if they notice. Plus we're the superior corp because we have A&C while SNIGG are scrubs for not having any.

Though we do have Blastx so that is a negative :smith:

What would you do if your super was tackled by a gang of 50 roleplayers

Roleplay my way out of it, duh

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Tusen Takk posted:

Based on some of the sigs on your forums containing the word "human being" my guess is you guys have a very different definition of what a "shitler" is

Tokyo Sexwhale is a goon :ssh:

I forget which one though

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

Tokyo Sexwhale is a goon :ssh:

I forget which one though

Oh

Well still my point stands :colbert:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

I think the forum is retired now but in the thread where that Lilith guy was mauled and other threads at the time there was a lot of ship and fleet question along the lines of "You are facing a hostile MWD HAC armour fleet. What fleet comp would you choose. Elaborate on your answers" With follow up questions.

Or questions about the ships the applicant presented and how they would fare against certain doctrines and what modules he would change depending on the enemy.

All I remember at the time was that I had no idea what any of the answers were and that space Flanders probably did know.

But a quick glance at a few of the later threads and none of that seems to be applicable any more. Now it's about the vouches and some shitposting to see if they can get the applicant to lose his temper. More about how he answers the questions and not the answers.

The Lilith thread is a bit of a bad example. People already knew who he was from his stint in Waffles and Horde and knew he wasn't a good fit based on his behavior. ChickenWing can attest that he's a lovely whiny baby that nobody wants around and the fact that nobody in PL over the course of like a year was willing to say "yeah he's alright" sort of proves it.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm too oldfashioned to get on board with this SJW thing people have going on v0v

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
The cultural revolution never made it to PL, although Horde is clean and non-hostile internally.

I think that eve is poised to get better and better over the next year or two - aegis sov seems to be working as intended, jump fatigue sucks rear end but is a necessary evil (and blops are gonna get another round of insulation there), and there's going to be a metric poo poo ton of new stuff in space to shoot, and pos code will finally be a thing of the past. Yay seagull.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Endie posted:

Yeah In the last couple of weeks I've had about 12 or 14 really good Eve players (judging by their kbs and in some cases what I know of them) approach me who didn't have vouches, and whom I had to advise not to apply. If PL recruited on just ability criteria then they'd mostly be in. But they didn't have vouches, so a couple of them were probably spies, maybe another couple would have been prone to starting poo poo in alliance irc or sulking when someone shouted at them for anchoring on the FC in an inty or something like that. The vouch isn't "hey this guy is good at eve" it is "hey this guy is good company and won't make movie night a misery."

I'm just curious, when is the last time PL let in a :shobon: newbie because he was a chill dude?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

The Lilith thread is a bit of a bad example. People already knew who he was from his stint in Waffles and Horde and knew he wasn't a good fit based on his behavior. ChickenWing can attest that he's a lovely whiny baby that nobody wants around.

The worst sort of pubbie scum. Any and every excuse to poo poo on him should be taken with extreme prejudice

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Percelus posted:

I'm just curious, when is the last time PL let in a :shobon: newbie because he was a chill dude?

DJ Leadboy.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

pugnax posted:

although Horde is clean and non-hostile internally.

Based on the source, I doubt the hell out of this.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Percelus posted:

https://www.pandemic-legion.pl/forums/index.php?/topic/3158-dj-leadboy/

He also proved very useful in Horde as a director.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Percelus posted:

You really just aren't listening to what anyone is posting are you?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Daruna posted:

This is precisely why we rewrote the SNIGG application, it was too reliant on mechanical questions that anyone with a brain could just copy-paste from other apps/Google, which isn't necessarily a bad thing because looking elsewhere for something you don't know proves you have critical thinking abilities, BUT SNIGG is like... ungodly big right now so we can be choosy on who we want to let in.

We'd rather take cooldudes than elite fags, see this thread for such an example: https://www.pandemic-legion.com/forums/showthread.php?67219-FrEeSoUl5150

To be fair, a lot of people in Hard Knocks are high on their own farts.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

Don't doubt, we actively servicepurge any PL or Waffle member who is a toxic shitflinger to Horde or in Horde channels.

People joining PL or Waffles (should) know what they're getting into, but Horde are newbies and casuals and don't deserve to be exposed to what we normally act like. They get plenty of warnings about this if they actively decide to try to "move up the ladder" if you wanna use the hyperbole that other guy is spouting.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Daruna posted:

Sorry that divisions are required in Eve to maintain security? Sorry that PL has more stringent requirements than Horde does? I'm not exactly sure what it is you're trying to make out as being bad here.

It's funny because Horde has more to give to players than PL does in that Horde actually owns space and PL doesn't, meaning Horde can provide players a place to make money whereas PL are expected to do it on their own with alts. A member of Horde with one character has an easier time with traditional moneymaking than someone in PL does with one character.

Is being a part of the PanFam a bad thing if you're not in PL? You seem to think it does, which is unfortunate considering the pure innocent fun people in Horde (and probably to a lesser extent Waffles) seem to have.

A better example would have been some of the gsf SIGs like reavers and whatever they call their blops group now. Those require vouches from insiders and that kind of thing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

Nah he's pretty much right. We try to keep the typical PL stuff that's getting brought up out of Horde for the obvious reason that a new player group shouldn't have that sort of thing. Some of the Euros have this really hard time understanding that "fag" isn't really something you say, especially the britbongers who try and pull the "but i'm talking about a cigarette." That said, it generally takes a warning and it's fine. There's been really rare cases where people had to be told more than once.

There are a few PL people who are basically denied access to Horde services because we know they'll be trouble.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 5, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

god I just looked at /r/eve

it literally is just portraits shopped onto macros

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

2011 character and former member of the CFC is a :shobon: newbie now? I stand corrected.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

SperginMcBadposter posted:

A better example would have been some of the gsf SIGs like reavers and whatever they call their blops group now. Those require vouches from insiders and that kind of thing.

I don't pretend to know the inner workings of GSF or its SIGs so v0v

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Percelus posted:

2011 character and former member of the CFC is a :shobon: newbie now? I stand corrected.

Because nobody makes characters on trial and then quit after 2 weeks :rolleyes: From my terrible memory of the guy he'd joined Horde after being inactive for a long time, looking at his history it seems I'm misremembering him being a born-again trial, but for the purposes of PL he was a shobon newbie straight outta Horde. My mistake.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Daruna posted:

Don't doubt, we actively servicepurge any PL or Waffle member who is a toxic shitflinger to Horde or in Horde channels.

People joining PL or Waffles (should) know what they're getting into, but Horde are newbies and casuals and don't deserve to be exposed to what we normally act like. They get plenty of warnings about this if they actively decide to try to "move up the ladder" if you wanna use the hyperbole that other guy is spouting.

We probably have fundamentally differing opinions on what an acceptable culture is. Just because hordies can't spew racist/homophobic epithets left and right doesn't mean they're still not unrepentant dogwhistling MRA shitheels.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Unfunny Poster posted:

The Lilith thread is a bit of a bad example. People already knew who he was from his stint in Waffles and Horde and knew he wasn't a good fit based on his behavior. ChickenWing can attest that he's a lovely whiny baby that nobody wants around and the fact that nobody in PL over the course of like a year was willing to say "yeah he's alright" sort of proves it.

Yes we were both in Razor at the same time and he was insufferable.

I'm surprised that pilot still exists. It should be extracted and biomassed. No matter how much it changes owner. No one can really go anywhere with it on an API.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Daruna posted:

Because nobody makes characters on trial and then quit after 2 weeks :rolleyes:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

SperginMcBadposter posted:

It still is false equivalence because all those SIGs want is for potential recruits to hang out on comms and fleet with them for a bit before formally joining. At no point is anyone inside our coalition ever barred from the opportunity to do so because of their alliance tag.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Yes yes I edited my original post I am not above eating crow

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

I'm surprised that pilot still exists. It should be extracted and biomassed. No matter how much it changes owner. No one can really go anywhere with it on an API.

He sold it.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

We probably have fundamentally differing opinions on what an acceptable culture is. Just because hordies can't spew racist/homophobic epithets left and right doesn't mean they're still not unrepentant dogwhistling MRA shitheels.

The entirety of Horde? That seems a bit excessive don't you think?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

There's nothing along those lines that I've seen, but I could be wrong in that regard. I've been a bit afk from Horde stuff the past two months.

Zephyrine posted:

I recall him trying to "sell it" to himself to trick people into thinking it was a different person.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Probably because you're either vouched as being a non-shitter, or you did your time in waffles and proved that you're a non-shitter.

Asking pointless questions on a space guild app doesn't prove anything other than you can view other apps and take a few minutes to discreetly paraphrase the other answers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

Not in PL, never been in PL, nor Snigg or anything else that tracks killboard activity, because I am way too inactive to expend the effort to put up some retarded amount of kills to prove I play EVE. Looking at my killboard, I have a whopping 310 or so PVP kills since 2011. I do like to take multi-year sabbaticals from EVE though, so that may be a part of that problem.

Speaking of which, I unsubbed again, maybe I'll get back into it once I'm not living in AUTZ. Years of having little to 0 activity in my TZ has soured me on EVE and it's gonna take a lot to break that.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.
The Reddit :fap: over killing a ratting carrier in Deklein is surely a sign that we are doomed and losing this war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My point was you're probably a shitter if you're "old fashioned and not above using homophobic slurs" and obviously those shitters haven't been weeded out yet

• Locked thread