Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

IronicDongz posted:

As far as I can tell you only pull up trash if you miss the '!' prompt, it's just that the lava snakes have a really really slim window when you can actually get em. stonefish/ghostfish are also harder than normal but not as much and they're not as tricky once you get to the bar minigame

No, if you miss the ! you get nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
why the heck is there a huge chance to get trash in this pool of lava then

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

IronicDongz posted:

Because there's only two varieties of fish there.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Paul.Power posted:

Wait, when was Penny suicidal?

Penny occasionally tells me that she used to have nightmares but doesn't any more, since she moved in with me.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

eating only apples posted:

Who hates Clint? Clint's great. That dorky idiot :3:

STOP loving CLOSING AT 4PM YOU COLOSSAL DICKHEAD

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Coolguye posted:

STOP loving CLOSING AT 4PM YOU COLOSSAL DICKHEAD

This isn't nearly as bad as that loving annoying tendency storeowners have of leaving their store for an entire day. Looking at you Robin! Do aerobics on your own time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zephyrine posted:

Isn't Shane like 17? What does he know of life?

You, uh, you can see a lot of poo poo when you're young, man.

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I would be more inclined to fish in the mines if 90% of what I pulled up wasn't trash (and not even the good broken glasses/broken CDs type of trash, mostly it's algae and soggy newspapers...) Who goes down 100 stories in a mine and dumps a bunch of trash???
Soggy newspapers are the best though

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Are you making a joke or are they actually useful because they only ever convert to wood or a torch when I recycle them

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They have a chance to turn into cloth, which is both handy for the community center and also sells for a nice chunk.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I'm going to store cauliflowers and give Pam only Cheese Cauliflower from now on. You're gonna die from cheese overdose, Pam.

Are there actually 4-, 6-, 8-, and 10-hearts events for every characters or only for the single peoples?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

Isn't Shane like 17? What does he know of life?

Take it from me, kid. When you're as old as I am and you've seen some poo poo, you realize your life is pretty much over. Shed no tears for us old, lonely souls.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Captain Invictus posted:

You, uh, you can see a lot of poo poo when you're young, man.

The stardew valley race riots of 88?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Take it from me, kid. When you're as old as I am and you've seen some poo poo, you realize your life is pretty much over. Shed no tears for us old, lonely souls.

I need to get back to that as well.

Edit: double post.

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
I found a good and quality mod for this game, you are welcome.

Cleavage Linus mod

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

toanoradian posted:

I'm going to store cauliflowers and give Pam only Cheese Cauliflower from now on. You're gonna die from cheese overdose, Pam.

Why are you not feeding her early death from alcoholism due to Gus' cheap beer like God intended

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

GotLag posted:

Penny occasionally tells me that she used to have nightmares but doesn't any more, since she moved in with me.
Well yeah, but there's a jump between that and suicidal thoughts.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Captain Invictus posted:

Double gems, double geodes

So you went for this because of the artifacts right? And maybe presents?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Artificer posted:

So you went for this because of the artifacts right? And maybe presents?

And geodes are the best way to get irridium that I've found

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I don't quite get the point of the Slime Hutch. If you get the black slimes from the witch do they keep breeding black slimes? I guess that might make it worth it?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Other Barry posted:

I don't quite get the point of the Slime Hutch. If you get the black slimes from the witch do they keep breeding black slimes? I guess that might make it worth it?

the slime hutch is the gently caress you got mine building

it's really not more complicated than that.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

because fishing is rng garbage

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

I found a good and quality mod for this game, you are welcome.

Cleavage Linus mod

Installed

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Does the game automatically patch? I'm not seeing an update option anywhere.

\/\/\/Thanks, I bought it through steam so I'm good then.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 5, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Soonmot posted:

On steam mine does.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

TheCog posted:

And geodes are the best way to get irridium that I've found

Once you're able to get pretty far down in the skull caverns the +1 ore ability is going to vastly outclass the amount of iridium from omnigeodes. Before that point I'd agree that the geodes are better, but by the time you're 10 mining you may already be able to get pretty far down in the caverns.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Soonmot posted:

Steam updates all games by default. No fuss, no mess. Welcome to the future.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Germstore posted:

Once you're able to get pretty far down in the skull caverns the +1 ore ability is going to vastly outclass the amount of iridium from omnigeodes. Before that point I'd agree that the geodes are better, but by the time you're 10 mining you may already be able to get pretty far down in the caverns.

Skull cavern is so annoying to deal with i quit as soon as i was able to. It's nice you can buy a weekly sprinkler.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Mazz posted:

My farm as an example:

How did you build the silos right next to the greenhouse? It won't let me do that.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

CVagts posted:

How did you build the silos right next to the greenhouse? It won't let me do that.

Just ignore the red tiles and click anyway.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Germstore posted:

I just ended up FINALLY finishing the day out and finally making the decision to go with Gemologist. I feel that eventually the increase in artifact finding and other things from Geodes and such will be a decent investment. The level 10 Prospector profession doesn't seem appealing since dust sprites exist and I sure as hell don't plan on selling bars.

The slower acquisition of Iridium and Gold and such will be sorely felt but at least that's less RNG reliant than finding Gems and especially Geodes right?

Plus hey if the other poster is right about the Skull Caverns being super annoying then anything that lets me avoid that will be good.

Edit: That being said I'm still fairly resource locked for bee houses and lobster pots. Glad I got Trapper so I only have to deal with finding copper ore for the pots, and iron ore for the bee houses.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 5, 2016

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's been my experience that combat in the Skull Cave is the way to go for Iridium. Purple slimes drop both Ore and Bars, and if you have the Lava Katana they die pretty quick. Also those lovely flying lizards drop Spicy Eel food which is pretty solid for a day in the mines.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Winter. A time for reflection and reorganisation. Also a time for Operation "Fences? Who needs fences?"

(other than the hardwood ones holding the gates up, I guess...)

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 5, 2016

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Mzbundifund posted:

Just ignore the red tiles and click anyway.

It just says "Can't Build There" no matter how many times I click.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

CVagts posted:

It just says "Can't Build There" no matter how many times I click.

Make sure there is nothing on those tiles, like run around and pickaxe them just to be sure. If that doesn't work, he may have fixed it in 1.07 or something.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Mazz posted:

Make sure there is nothing on those tiles, like run around and pickaxe them just to be sure. If that doesn't work, he may have fixed it in 1.07 or something.

It must have been patched, because I can't place the stable in the grass in the top-right either.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Seriously. How loving long does it take slime eggs to hatch? It's been nearly a month in game, still no slime in my slime hutch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
IT BEGINS

Doesn't show stumps, logs or boulders apparently. But the beerening is in its infancy!

Hit the bottom of the mines in the first spring, got a copper watering can and hoe, got enough iron, quartz and gold for like 24 quality sprinklers, and now my crops are fully automated, no support required. A second patch of crops for blueberries, a jojamart membership purchased, and oh my, those prices to fix things are quite affordable! 15k for the minecarts? 40k for the bus? Why, Jojamart is simply the best for convenience and price!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

MisterBibs posted:

I don't know if this works, but this is my end-of-Spring2-farm. Probably won't be changing the layout too much.

Somebody explain these stumps to me.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

drunk asian neighbor posted:

It's been my experience that combat in the Skull Cave is the way to go for Iridium. Purple slimes drop both Ore and Bars, and if you have the Lava Katana they die pretty quick. Also those lovely flying lizards drop Spicy Eel food which is pretty solid for a day in the mines.

Combine that spicy eel with a cup of coffee and you have a pretty amazing speed increase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'm just gonna hold out hope that eventually someone makes a "build anywhere on your farm" mod so I can override the red squares at my own risk.