Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

It is either rain or snow, sun only shines when I am at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yep. The weather report from here until July 4th will go something like this...

check forecast Monday: looks beautiful and sunny through the weekend.

check forecast Thursday: rainy through the weekend, but sun on Monday!

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
gently caress this last storm to death for ruining my riding weekend in the Denver foothills

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Oh no, how brutal is it? I was gonna try to take a good canyon ride tomorrow.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Oh no, how brutal is it? I was gonna try to take a good canyon ride tomorrow.

Pretty sure everything is freshly sanded, and I think there may still be a patch of ice or two on PtP between Ned and Estes Park. I think I overreacted though, today's warm temps should help a lot. (I live off of Bear Creek Rd and we had 4-5" on the ground yesterday morning, but the local roads were clear this AM)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

quote:

The Smart Windshield concept is a transparent screen placed beneath the windshield and above the instruments of a scooter. It connects wirelessly to a smartphone and, with the help of a dedicated application, displays the phone's notifications in a similar fashion to a head-up display system. The information displayed on the Smart Windshield can include calls, messages, email, browser data and possibly a lot more.

Hmmm...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Here are all the things that you go riding to get away from. Now available on the thing you go riding on!!!!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Gotta sell bikes to millenials somehow

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
That's just all sorts of a bad idea.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

I don't get it. Everyone who uses a cell phone while riding a scooter is already holding it in one hand so they can use Line to talk to whoever. This isn't really going to help keep their eyes more forward, I don't think.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Don't want to get branded as some oldie against progress, but one of the biggest enjoyments of riding is lack of outside interaction. "sorry, was riding and couldn't answer your call/text/email" is one of the sweet things about riding, as well as the tranquility of riding.

Make that screen display waypoints and such, and we are talking.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

gently caress that, I use my sena to call my parents while ripping wheelies

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Why not just have a smartphone clamp attached to the windscreen? :crossarms:

I mean I think I get that it's supposed to be like a streamlined MFD you'd get in a modern car, but shouldn't that be something you could do directly on a phone via an app?

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 2, 2016

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Coydog posted:

Don't want to get branded as some oldie against progress, but one of the biggest enjoyments of riding is lack of outside interaction. "sorry, was riding and couldn't answer your call/text/email" is one of the sweet things about riding, as well as the tranquility of riding.

Make that screen display waypoints and such, and we are talking.

I'm with you. It's nice to get away from the phone while riding.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
When someone calls me on my bike it fucks up my music and its such a pain in the dick and ruins my good mood

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

M42 posted:

gently caress that, I use my sena to call my parents while ripping wheelies

How hard was that to install on your helmet? I got one for christmas and I'm a giant baby wuss that's afraid of messing up my helmet.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

EX250 Type R posted:

When someone calls me on my bike it fucks up my music and its such a pain in the dick and ruins my good mood

So why do you even have the call capability enabled/set up? Turn it off you doofus.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

rotaryfun posted:

How hard was that to install on your helmet? I got one for christmas and I'm a giant baby wuss that's afraid of messing up my helmet.

Not hard at all. Had to swap one of the rubber cushions on the latch thing, but that's it. You're not gonna mess up your helmet.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I'm waiting on a on-windscreen Bluetooth HUD to display the GPS.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Retarded Pimp posted:

I'm waiting on a on-windscreen Bluetooth HUD to display the GPS.

You can give this a try already if you want: http://www.sygic.com/gps-navigation/addon/head-up-display Not a standalone HUD like you want, it's just a reflection of your phone but the app is pretty good for navigation in general so worth a try.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Ola posted:

You can give this a try already if you want: http://www.sygic.com/gps-navigation/addon/head-up-display Not a standalone HUD like you want, it's just a reflection of your phone but the app is pretty good for navigation in general so worth a try.

Thanks, I'll take a look at how I'd mount the phone over the instrument cluster to see if it's feasible.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

hot sauce posted:

You guys are baka. Anime is awesome.

Team Kamasaki!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ah yes the famous kamasaki dohc triples

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Enough cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKEnn8w3Tbw

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Holy drat. I think Sidecar and Motocross are the best 2.5 words ever put together.

Unless it's Rollercoaster and Motocross. Or Sidecar and Marksmanship.

e: or rollercoaster and marksmanship

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

:stare:

Dat distance.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I went back and bought a few photos from a track day I did at COTA last year. I swear, if they were $200 instead of $500 a pop I'd go to every one they held.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MetaJew posted:

I went back and bought a few photos from a track day I did at COTA last year. I swear, if they were $200 instead of $500 a pop I'd go to every one they held.

Let me pretend this picture was taken at a stop and you're about to tip over.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwZQRdGHscg

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Chichevache posted:

Let me pretend this picture was taken at a stop and you're about to tip over.

Rude

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

If it helps, first time I saw it I didn't notice the rumble strip and thought you were backing it in GP-style.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
That would be pretty sick.

I need to go take that sumo school in LA... or pony up some big money and go to Colin Edwards' Texas Tornado bootcamp.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Asshattery and Road Rage: Florida Edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHbh2l9eoHE

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

EX250 Type R posted:

Download your poo poo, put it in airplane mode.
gently caress The World.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Coredump posted:

Asshattery and Road Rage: Florida Edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHbh2l9eoHE

There's so much about this that bothers me.
Most of it is done on the wrong side of the road.

Edit: sorry for the doublepost.

The top comment explains it pretty well though

quote:

Please understand everyone, that I'm not an experienced rider, I will admit when I am wrong. all of this stuff wasn't on purpose but an attempt to get away, I didn't chose to get on to on coming traffic, he blocked my path on both lanes, I didn't want to harm myself or other people, which is exactly what happened, no one got hurt, everyone, even the guy goes home. a police report is the most I will do. no one got hurt everyone goes home. that's the end goal. if I was more experienced then yes it could have been differently. but I was in fear of my life, and panicking.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 6, 2016

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Maybe if you're not an experienced rider, just hang back and don't flip people off.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

In a civilized country you'd think you should be able to overtake someone without having them try to murder you in return.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Collateral Damage posted:

In a civilized country you'd think you should be able to overtake someone without having them try to murder you in return.

I'm skeptical that this is in the US, particularly the south.
There's no guns.

Also, how sweet would it have been if the rider smacked that guys phone out of his hand?

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Should have just pulled over and headbutted the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
If the road had been made of guns none of this would have been a problem.

What the gently caress there though - I wonder what happened to set the guy in the car off. I'm assuming the rider made some questionable pass and thusly the car driver felt like he had to record it all? I don't know.

I was gonna mock the guy for going slow enough a Ford Taurus can keep up with him but hey, new rider.