Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

people being excited for crackdown 3 just got way more funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oh yeah, Teddy requires you to double-tap to dash and dash jumping is really important to the platforming so it kind of annoyed the gently caress out of me. Just let me hold down a button gently caress your double tap. It feels finicky if done on a stick and it is uncomfortable to do on a d-pad.

You had to double tap to dash in Circle of the Moon and you always wanted to be dashing in that game so it would be like second nature to me now.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Awesome! posted:

people being excited for crackdown 3 just got way more funny

The first was so very good, and the second was so very awful. The designers seem to understand that so I have hope, tempered with deep skepticism, that it will turn out well. Come to think of it, that's my outlook towards Gears of War, any future Halo games and most other Xbox One franchises.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

...! posted:

Now go buy Burnout Paradise.
I have it, didn't care for it. GT6 on the other hand is pretty good, after the initial installing bullshit.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Seems like we are getting a Tom Clancy sale this week.

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Looks like the PS Plus games are up here in America

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Apparently I already own I Am Alive...I sure don't remember buying it, unless Sony is recycling PS+ games now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

KingShiro posted:

Apparently I already own I Am Alive...I sure don't remember buying it, unless Sony is recycling PS+ games now.

It showed up super briefly last month as a PS+ freebie before being replaced by something else.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Megaman Legends 2 is up but only for PS3 apparently?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Just saw this posted on Reddit. For US users, if you grab the Amplitude demo, then the full game unlocks for free (probably a mistake).

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/717374188508487680

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

voltcatfish posted:

Megaman Legends 2 is up but only for PS3 apparently?

Yeah can't test yet but can you transfer it to Vita from ps3?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Just saw this posted on Reddit. For US users, if you grab the Amplitude demo, then the full game unlocks for free (probably a mistake).

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/717374188508487680

This seems to have worked for me so far. Full game was listed as free after getting the demo, added to cart and checked out with no charge. Neat!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah can't test yet but can you transfer it to Vita from ps3?

I tried it on my end, and it didn't let me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crappy Jack posted:

This seems to have worked for me so far. Full game was listed as free after getting the demo, added to cart and checked out with no charge. Neat!

This happens with games that download the full version and lock you out of the non demo content. Tearaway did the same thing. You get all the data but cant access it until you pay

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Real hurthling! posted:

This happens with games that download the full version and lock you out of the non demo content. Tearaway did the same thing. You get all the data but cant access it until you pay

The demo and game look to be separate for Amplitude though? The demo isn't on the same page as the full game.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Does Amplitude show up as free on its pages after the demo is claimed? I tried it, but I reckon I got on board too late.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm going to just assume Shutshumi is garbage.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I don't think it's working for me either.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm going to just assume Shutshumi is garbage.

There's not a ton there but for what it is it's pretty fun.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

axleblaze posted:

There's not a ton there but for what it is it's pretty fun.

Oh, that's a surprise. I'll take a look then.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Watrick posted:

Does Amplitude show up as free on its pages after the demo is claimed? I tried it, but I reckon I got on board too late.

Yeah when I got it earlier, it showed the option to grab the full game for free like a PS+ title after I got the demo.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Stare-Out posted:

I have it, didn't care for it. GT6 on the other hand is pretty good, after the initial installing bullshit.

I was mainly referring to Burnout Paradise's installing bullshit.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Watrick posted:

Mine showed the proper price, but had a 'download' button under it. I tried downloading it, assuming it would be the demo, but after playing it appears to be completely unlocked. I imagine I'll lose access to it next time I do the 'update content ID'. Similar to when you receive a refund from Sony on a digital title, you'd still have access to the game till the next content ID update and it realizes it's not valid anymore.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I was actually able to add it to my cart and check out with it for free so who knows if that actually gives you the license.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

barren_sky posted:

Mine showed the proper price, but had a 'download' button under it. I tried downloading it, assuming it would be the demo, but after playing it appears to be completely unlocked. I imagine I'll lose access to it next time I do the 'update content ID'. Similar to when you receive a refund from Sony on a digital title, you'd still have access to the game till the next content ID update and it realizes it's not valid anymore.

Dunno, Sony pretty good at letting you keep freebies like this. I still have the Warrior Orichi 3 for the Vita I got from buying a costume, or God of War 1 & 2 on the Vita for 'owning' the PS3 versions from the PS+ trials.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

I was actually able to add it to my cart and check out with it for free so who knows if that actually gives you the license.

I'm guessing you're good, because you actually were able to put it in your cart and check-out at that price of $0. I got an error while trying to put it in my cart, and if I go to play the game from my main dashboard, it still gives me the option to buy it for $19.99. That's what I had when I got my refund for Littlebigplanet 3. It had the price to buy it, but it also had the option to play it. That worked for a couple of months, till my licenses were checked and I could no longer launch it.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Thanks, too bad I it missed it.

On the plus side, Shutshimi is way more fun that it should be. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's not the best game ever made, but it manages to be captivating.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

barren_sky posted:

Yeah this happened to me as well. Was able to download the game but not "purchase" it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Yeah sounds like it was only working like that for a split second. You need to be able to check out with it.

I think demos get added to a games main page and they're not usually separate. So hitting download on a page of a game you don't own is usually the demo.

But the demo just somehow made the price free and you need to check out so you get the license.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Only was able to find the demo on PS4 which I don't have but I figured I just have to "buy" the demo so it shouldn't matter now it says the PS3 version of the actual game is unavailable for purchase.

edit: So I dug a little and it says the reason I can't buy it on PS3 is I own it (probably from the demo) but it isn't giving me the option to download it and it doesn't show up in my download list except for on PS4 which I can't use since I only have PS3.

edit2: Not gonna complain about not being able to play a game I only maybe own because of a gently caress up though.

edit3: Now it says it's $19.99 on PS3 so I think they got everything sorted out.

juliuspringle fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 5, 2016

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Hey guys, I saw MML2 was listed only for PS3. Does it run on Vita?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

No

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

juliuspringle posted:

Only was able to find the demo on PS4 which I don't have but I figured I just have to "buy" the demo so it shouldn't matter now it says the PS3 version of the actual game is unavailable for purchase.

edit: So I dug a little and it says the reason I can't buy it on PS3 is I own it (probably from the demo) but it isn't giving me the option to download it and it doesn't show up in my download list except for on PS4 which I can't use since I only have PS3.

edit2: Not gonna complain about not being able to play a game I only maybe own because of a gently caress up though.

edit3: Now it says it's $19.99 on PS3 so I think they got everything sorted out.

I just pulled up the mobile app and it looks like it might be working. I purchased the Demo, didn't download it. Then I opened the PS4 version and there was a "download" button below add to basket. It's downloading now.

Edit: Nevermind, it's just the demo. Says purchase the full game to unlock all but the first two songs.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 6, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

mrEkli posted:

Hey guys, I saw MML2 was listed only for PS3. Does it run on Vita?

I see it on the Vita store now so it should maybe

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

I see it on the Vita store now so it should maybe

Yeah it works now. I don't know why it didn't before but hey whatever.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
That Tron Runr game is 50% off (for PS+ members) in the EU now.

Also, the Valkyria Chronicles remaster thing is up on Amazon for pre-order (£20). And yeah, I know, I am a bad person for pre-ordering video games I want, but I tend to do it on Amazon for the price guarantee then cancel closer to the time if I'm unsure or change my mind.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 6, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shopto.net has Valkyria Chronicles for £18 at the moment if you don't care about it being a disc version. You usually get stuff a day or two early from them as well.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Nice! Thanks. I always forget to check them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't know if they do it outside of the US, but if you have Amazon Prime, it also gives you 20% off of pre-orders. I have it on order there, and my price is gonna be $24, and I think release-date delivery. Prime is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Gravy Jones posted:

That Tron Runr game is 50% off (for PS+ members) in the EU now.

Also, the Valkyria Chronicles remaster thing is up on Amazon for pre-order (£20). And yeah, I know, I am a bad person for pre-ordering video games I want, but I tend to do it on Amazon for the price guarantee then cancel closer to the time if I'm unsure or change my mind.

at least with VC you know its going to be a good game

• Locked thread