Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Shaggar posted:

cars are the opposite of transportation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what could this ambulatory stick of chalk possibly be arrested for

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

tbh i was a lot like this in high school but i grew out of it. never carried a gun, but i do like having my useful tools and things with me. my bag today has a vernier caliper, an ANSI flowchart symbol template, and a butane soldering iron

Salt Fish posted:

Go for a 30 mile ride in full leather and get back to me on that opinion.

i don't ride a bicycle in full leathers but i do wear perforated leather armored gloves.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

tbh i was a lot like this in high school but i grew out of it.

didnt you admit you bodychecked people on the street with your hidden motorcycle armor yesterday

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
no, people sometimes bodycheck me on the sidewalk while i'm wearing my hidden motorcycle armor and i don't feel it cause that's what armor is for. i'm not going around elbowing old chinese ladies.

(in my experience old chinese ladies are the worst about moving on the sidewalk, though. two of em coming at you side by side, you will be walking in the street. i'm happy to move over for old folks but cmon)

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 5, 2016

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

no, people sometimes bodycheck me on the sidewalk while i'm wearing my hidden motorcycle armor and i don't feel it cause that's what armor is for. i'm not going around elbowing old chinese ladies.

Polite people step to the side

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Sagebrush posted:

(in my experience old chinese ladies are the worst about moving on the sidewalk, though. two of em coming at you side by side, you will be walking in the street)

you didn't rule out kneeing them, how could you do that to a little old lady

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

surebet posted:

lol getting arrested with entry tools (the pick set) demonstrates intent and all the rest of the mall ninja stuff would act as sentence multipliers

dude look at the guy the cops will give him a wedgie

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

http://i.imgur.com/9f6Sdhg.webm

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

i dont care if you ride a bike on the road just dont wear tights because it makes you look like a massive loving tool.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

keyboard vomit posted:

Polite people step to the side

right. and assholes know this, so they walk straight through and expect you to step aside for them. if two assholes encounter each other, you get an impact

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

right. and assholes know this, so they walk straight through and expect you to step aside for them. if two assholes encounter each other, you get an impact

Do you walk around with your rolley backpack out in front of you like a vacuum too

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Linux Pirate posted:

i dont care if you ride a bike on the road just dont wear tights because it makes you look like a massive loving tool.

hmm no sorry tights are real comfortable and they don't get caught up in your bike like baggier clothes sorry you can't handle shapely legs

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

El Gar posted:

hmm no sorry tights are real comfortable and they don't get caught up in your bike like baggier clothes sorry you can't handle shapely legs

cool, why you justify looking like a clown to yourself everyone else is making fun of your lame rear end.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Linux Pirate posted:

i don't care if you ride a bike on the road just dont wear tights because it makes you look like a massive loving tool.

i was once riding my bicycle and stopped at a stoplight behind a guy in all the spandex. there was a bro truck beside him, and the guy leaned out and yelled "HEY LOOK, IT'S NEIL ARMSTRONG!"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

keyboard vomit posted:

Do you walk around with your rolley backpack out in front of you like a vacuum too

rolly backpacks are for tools, or decrepit old geezers.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Linux Pirate posted:

cool, why you justify looking like a clown to yourself everyone else is making fun of your lame rear end.

he sounds like a grown rear end man and doesn't care about people talking poo poo?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i was once riding my bicycle and stopped at a stoplight behind a guy in all the spandex. there was a bro truck beside him, and the guy leaned out and yelled "HEY LOOK, IT'S NEIL ARMSTRONG!"

haha,

well at least their heart was in the right place

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom
you can get cycling knicks that still have all the comfort poo poo like a good chamois and tights to stop you getting chafed from the seat with an over-pant that just looks like boardshorts (or even long pants if you want?)
also get a chainring cover, there's reasons other than not wanting to get clothes caught not to have your chainrings exposed, like, for example, wanting to keep your tendons intact

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

its a hobby for everyone. bicycles do not belong on the road as they are not transporation
:goonsay:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

he sounds like a grown rear end man and doesn't care about people talking poo poo?

oh yeah, a like grown rear end man who wears a fedora or a naruto head band and doesn't care about people talking poo poo.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

rolly backpacks are for tools, or decrepit old geezers.

So I'm guessing you own several

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

El Gar posted:

tights also show off my considerable genital bulge, which quickly establishes my dominance over everyone near me

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Linux Pirate posted:

oh yeah, a like grown rear end man who wears a fedora or a naruto head band and doesn't care about people talking poo poo.

what is a naruto headband

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/E_I_T/status/717444236388360192

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what is a naruto headband

something anime dorks wear

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Linux Pirate posted:

if you got time to worry about some fuckin schmo wearing a fedora or like bike spandex or whatever you need to check yourself

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

God drat what a dumbass set of conversations about poo poo that doesn't matter.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

if you got time to worry about some fuckin schmo wearing a fedora or like bike spandex or whatever you need to check yourself

no not really, if you look like a clown i laugh and move on, simple as that friendo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

keyboard vomit posted:

like a vacuum hahhahaha

i do when travelling with my luggage on escalators :shrug:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
bikes are good and i ride mine to and from work every day in my jeans. lycra has its place but unless your work is like 50km+ away i don't reckon commuting is it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

from here

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

surebet posted:

lol getting arrested with entry tools (the pick set) demonstrates intent and all the rest of the mall ninja stuff would act as sentence multipliers

yeah but he's pretty much the whitest

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I personally find a lot of satisfaction in looking at and judging other people.

It's why I post here, on the somethinga wful internet forums.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

cool

thong district
Jun 28, 2006
Selling dangerous liquids to idiots since April '06
I hate it when you guys argue!.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

KoRMaK posted:

same, but i would be afraid to laugh at them in person

quote:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

KoRMaK posted:

that's why there's a whole subforum for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

"meddle not in the affairs of dragons"

• Locked thread