Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i will follow up as another poster named after a character to say that the posts about how people should read the manga are 50% just an excuse to make funny pictures and 50% a roundabout way of saying that people should also keep the manga in mind because reading it in no way diminishes the excitement one gets from watching the anime and in some cases even makes people more excited.

the anime covers 1-3 pretty well though, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
On the topic of Part 3, I can't help but feel bad for the nurse that got possessed by Hierophant Green and the random guy who got controlled by Angelo's Stand. Both of them were forced to act out of character and harm people, but they're going to take the fall for something they don't even understand.

Even if they end up in a trial with Stand users as members of the jury by some off chance, there's no trace of either Stand left on either of them, so they'll be found guilty. :(

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I went to batoto and read about 20% of Part 4 in like an hour, it's a super easy and fast read.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

On the topic of Part 3, I can't help but feel bad for the nurse that got possessed by Hierophant Green and the random guy who got controlled by Angelo's Stand. Both of them were forced to act out of character and harm people, but they're going to take the fall for something they don't even understand.

Even if they end up in a trial with Stand users as members of the jury by some off chance, there's no trace of either Stand left on either of them, so they'll be found guilty. :(

Yeah, hoping that Josuke goes 'poo poo, sorry, bud' offscreen and takes that knife out of that guy's torso.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"... I'll take it out but it's going to hurt a lot"

Unrelated, but does remind me of an oddly not explicit but certainly adult themed doujin comic where a character asks Josuke to restore her hymen with Crazy Diamond. It's a pretty hosed up fanbase, you know.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Why would you post about that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Because it exists and if I have to live knowing that, others should too.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Ah, the scorched-earth approach to fandom. Inelegant, but I respect it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Reminds me that I need to make a "it's not All Star" celebratory image to put on tumblr after the JP broadcast ends which also spoils everything about part 4.

Just for you, I hope it's "Walkin' On The Sun".

El Hefe posted:

I still don't get how Joseph went from swinging around Cairo like Spiderman to being unable to take a plane to Japan because of how old and frail he is in just 10 years.

He's over 80 now, give the dude a break. Old age isn't always a uniform thing, sometimes hits people hard.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm sure the Speedwagon Foundation helped them. Probably.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That also reminds me

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll_PT/status/717365761661145088

Portuguese Crunchyroll says the ED is second half of the 90's.
I find it sort of hard to believe that Crunchy have the episode for subbing already though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

That also reminds me

Portugues Crunchyroll says the ED is second half of the 90's.
I find it sort of hard to believe that Crunchy have the episode for subbing already though, though they could do.

Bah, that shoots down my pocket theory that it was gonna be "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They should probably have the episode a few days early so they can get their subs out in a reasonable time frame.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Momomo posted:

I'm sure the Speedwagon Foundation helped them. Probably.

The Speedwagon Foundation is the single most competent group of supernatural investigators in any fiction. Any other series, Santana would have escaped by now because of a power outage, or an inside mole, or a stupid scientist. But 50 years later, and the SPWF is like, "Yeah, he's still down there. Because were're goddamned professionals".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

hoobajoo posted:

The Speedwagon Foundation is the single most competent group of supernatural investigators in any fiction. Any other series, Santana would have escaped by now because of a power outage, or an inside mole, or a stupid scientist. But 50 years later, and the SPWF is like, "Yeah, he's still down there. Because were're goddamned professionals".

I find it hard to believe that they didn't just have Joseph come down and Ripple his rear end.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I'm seriously going to die laughing if the ED actually ends up being All Star.

I'll totally be fine with any cheesy late 90's pop, but god, please. Please.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

regardless of fan memes I have faith that they'll pick fitting tunes. "walk like an egyptian" was obvious in retrospect; had I heard "last train home" before the show I don't think I would ever have pegged it for the show, but drat if it wasn't fitting quite often.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

Bah, that shoots down my pocket theory that it was gonna be "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

AAAUGH I HADN'T EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THIS and I would have been over the moon had it happened. Nooo

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Unrelated, but does remind me of an oddly not explicit but certainly adult themed doujin comic where a character asks Josuke to restore her hymen with Crazy Diamond. It's a pretty hosed up fanbase, you know.

I'm definitely getting that impression, Josuke Higashikata.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeaaaaaaaaaah

You are... my fire
The one... desire
Believe... when I say

~~~I want it that way~~~

But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way

Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never wanna hear you say
I want it that way

and the Duwang Gang do the moves

.jpg posted:

I'm definitely getting that impression, Josuke Higashikata.
guilty as charged

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If there's a Backstreet Boyz ED, it should be Backstreet's Back. :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

That also reminds me

I find it sort of hard to believe that Crunchy have the episode for subbing already though.

poo poo, i went '91 for my guess on their contest. I knew I should've gone with '99.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

"... I'll take it out but it's going to hurt a lot"

Hmm.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
lmao what if it's MMMBop

Think about it. Think how well that would go with like a fancy series of pans across Morioh locations in that bright-rear end episode 1 color scheme with the yellow sky.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

That also reminds me

drat that also confirms it's not my personal pick, Stand by REM.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Smack My Bitch Up

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's not my Under the Bridge guess either. It could still be RHCP tho, Californication is 1999.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

On the subject of first-time reactions, I'm now watching ep1 of part 1 right now. I've read the manga up to the start of part 5, but never watched the anime outside of the first ep of part 4.

I just wanna scratch the JoJo itch, and see how they changed it from the manga.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Late 90s? There goes my dream ED of Achy Breaky Heart.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

rock your body right
back street's back, alright

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
the ed is "the next episode" by dr. dre

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

On the subject of first-time reactions, I'm now watching ep1 of part 1 right now. I've read the manga up to the start of part 5, but never watched the anime outside of the first ep of part 4.

I just wanna scratch the JoJo itch, and see how they changed it from the manga.

the first couple parts are definitely scrunched down a little but they get all the good parts in. other than that they've basically recreated absolutely everything the way it was in the manga, even down to iggy's weird art shift, so you won't have to worry about much. the art and soundwork are also topnotch.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Livin' La Vida Loca (diamante)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, I'm watching ep2, and I'm amazed at how much they've shortened down part 1. I wasn't expecting Speedwagon or Dio testing the mask this early.

Still, the voice acting is great, and I love how a lot of the shots are just shot-for-shot remakes of the manga, like Speedwagon spinning the hat on his shoulders.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah parts 1 and 2 had a lot of stuff cut to make them way more streamlined.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for a frame of reference, arc 1 is the first 9 episodes and the rest of the season is 2.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Late 90s? There goes my dream ED of Achy Breaky Heart.
Maybe somewhere down the line we can get Achy Breaky Heart 2.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Livin' La Vida Loca (diamante)

Nice try, but that's a part 6 ED.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jonathan using his belt to pull Dio into the fire would be immensely improved if his pants just fell off immediately.

Also, Dio's VA is satisfyingly hamming it the gently caress up, like he should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

That also reminds me

AW YEAH. ALL STAR IS STILL IN IT, BABY!

• Locked thread