Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Jewel Repetition posted:

It means buckle up.

Kasich smashing through and winning Wisconsin would be the most glorious "wtf"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OAquinas posted:

The excitement is dead.

JEB٥৲

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Prof. Lurker posted:

Exit polls:

65% republicans
29% independents
6% democrats

this is also good news for trump iirc

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
70% of Wisconsin GOP support the Muslim ban.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Schnorkles posted:

Only 32% of Wisconsin voters are angry at Washington.

I have no idea what that means for Ted Cruz OR Donald Trump, but I don't think its good?

Maybe?

These numbers were just shown on MSNBC

53% of GOP voters dissatisfied with Washington
54% of Democratic voters want to generally continue Obama's policies
31% of Democratic voters want more liberal policies
5% of GOP voters say Immigration is most important issue
32% of GOP voters are angry with Washington
53% of GOP voters dissatisfied with Washington
56% of GOP voters want the candidate with the most votes to win the nomination in Cleveland
42% of GOP voters want the delegates to pick someone else

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
NEED TO KNOW INFO FOR WISCONSIN

Type of contest: Open primary
Last poll closes at 9 ET
42 delegates. Districts have 3 delegates each, all taken by their winner, and the 18 at-large delegates are all taken by the statewide winner.

Watch CNN or Fox News here: http://www.stream2watch.co/live-now/live-tv/us/
Watch MSNBC here: http://www.livenewschat.eu/politics/

Whew.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Slate Action posted:

70% of Wisconsin GOP support the Muslim ban.

:eyepop: where did you see this number

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

:eyepop: where did you see this number

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live-republican-primary-exit-poll-analysis/story?id=38164180

This is one of the things that will persist even if Trump is not the next president. It's just the standard Republican position now.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Narrative whickers softly and paws at the ground. The Smalldon bears the Trump standard, a golden T on a sable field. A hush falls over the battlefield.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Slate Action posted:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live-republican-primary-exit-poll-analysis/story?id=38164180

This is one of the things that will persist even if Trump is not the next president. It's just the standard Republican position now.

Robert Morrow is the future of the party and there's nothing they can do to stop it

It's loving glorious

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
A succinct way to describe Wisconsin's style of delegate allocation is that margins don't matter. Just who wins the state and who wins each district.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

NEED TO KNOW INFO FOR WISCONSIN

Type of contest: Open primary
Last poll closes at 9 ET
42 delegates. Districts have 3 delegates each, all taken by their winner, and the 18 at-large delegates are all taken by the statewide winner.

Watch CNN or Fox News here: http://www.stream2watch.co/live-now/live-tv/us/
Watch MSNBC here: http://www.livenewschat.eu/politics/

Whew.

Thanks

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

A succinct way to describe Wisconsin's style of delegate allocation is that margins don't matter. Just who wins the state and who wins each district.

Good summary, thanks. I'm excited to see how this plays out.:getin:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
New poll today.

Survey USA Poll: California Republican Primary performed 3-30 to 4-3. 356 likely Republican voters. 5.3% MOE.

Trump-40%
Cruz-32%
Kasich-17%

Nothing too surprising, similar results to RCP average.

I don't live in CA, but my guess, based on having played a lot of Grand Theft Auto V lately:

Kasich will win the "Michael" parts of the state.
Cruz will win the "Franklin" places.
Donald Trump will do well in areas that are very "Trevor".

William Bear fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 5, 2016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

William Bear posted:

New poll today.

Survey USA Poll: California Republican Primary performed 3-30 to 4-3. 356 likely Republican voters. 5.3% MOE.

Trump 40
Cruz 32
Kasich 17

Nothing too surprising, similar results to RCP average.

I don't live in CA, but my guess, based on having played a lot of Grand Theft Auto V lately:

a 7-8 point win in California for Trump is enough to win most delegates at large there.

Would be a big deal and probably necessary for 1237

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

No Mans Land posted:

Of course there is, but I never said there should be international sanctions on Mexico. You said that it is hard for nation-states to place barriers on the international movement of capital, and I brought up sanctions to show that that's not true.

Actually the political cost to sustain the Iranian sanctions have being enormous and is contingent on not just the US but the EU and also Russia/China/Arab countries around it signing on and maintain said sanctions for a few years. The big differences is that without other countries signing onto whatever you are proposing it's trivial to evade your bans by going through intermediaries (again, I bring up the example of some guy who sends $50 to his friend in Jamaica who charges $2.50 and sends the rest to Mexico). There's also the fact that you aren't doing the sort of blanket ban on forbidding business/transfer of funds to Iranian entities so there's a lot of room to disguise remittances in the form of legitimate business transactions. While it's true you can crack down on those to some extent all you are really doing is driving up cost of transfers by whatever the rate for laundering money is.

Like the Iranian sanctions are a really bad analogue for your argument.

quote:

They made do. The West has become very good at this. Mexican remittances are on the whole the same type of problem. Access can be denied if the thinking is creative enough.

Sure, now tell me how much success the US have had in stop the laundering of drug money

Typo fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 5, 2016

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Did anyone post this yet? Sorry if so...it's one of the DC madam call logs.

Highlighted portions are Cruz?

Edit: Damnit, sorry. I should have gotten all the way to the last page before posting.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
^^^^^^^^^^^

is hilarious because the logic is that a call from texas, a state of 26 mil ppl has to be from cruz

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Has anyone tried dialing those numbers?

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 18, 2016

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
I panicked and voted Jim Gimore.. Woops.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Has anyone tried dialing those numbers?

brb if not arrested

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Upside Potential posted:

I panicked and voted Jim Gimore.. Woops.

I don't think I've ever heard of anybody accidentally inducting themselves into the illuminati before, but voting for Jim Gilmore (yes, even now) is actually the code. I'm not sure what they're doing for caucuses, maybe meeting up in the parking lot beforehand?

Anyway, enjoy Bohemian Grove, I hear it's nice

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
oh yeah, someone called the Wisconsin map of https://www.berniepb.com/ the "firebombing of Dresden" with how much it was lighting up yesterday, anybody have a gif?

or failing that, random gifs of any of those states with lots of activity?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

William Bear posted:

Is this an Arrested Development thing??

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Apparently its over an hour lines in Wisconsin right now. Still can't beat my state of AZ :coal:

Also I found out my guardian is one of those republicans that is glad Ted Cruz is trying to ratfuck Trump out of votes and believes that if Trump is the nominee it will be the death of the party but doesnt think ittl be a big deal if trump is ratfucked out of it.

edit: is the cuban mistress scandal dead now or has anything new popped up for it? I had to take a break of like a week or so from everything

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Finding somebody who takes scott alexander seriously always makes me lol

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Chrpno posted:

Is this an Arrested Development thing??

He literally says Grand Theft Auto in the sentence before your quote begins

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
GOP national poll - Ipsos/Reuters
4/1 - 4/5 - 568 RV

Trump 40
Cruz 35
Kasich 19

"More than 70 percent of likely women voters said they had an "unfavorable" opinion of Trump, according to a rolling poll average for the five-day period ended April 5."

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Epic High Five posted:

Robert Morrow is the future of the party and there's nothing they can do to stop it

It's loving glorious

Robert Morrow is an anti-war anti-big business conspiracy theorist who wants to keep Austin weird.

He does in fact own.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Oh thanks well that cleared that right up, best to get all that squared away

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

Slate Action posted:

4/1 - 4/5 - 568 RV

Trump 40
Cruz 35
Kasich 19

"More than 70 percent of likely women voters said they had an "unfavorable" opinion of Trump, according to a rolling poll average for the five-day period ended April 5."

More unfavorable then the guy that wants them to die for having pregnancy complications

Priorities.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Slate Action posted:

4/1 - 4/5 - 568 RV

Trump 40
Cruz 35
Kasich 19

whats cruzs unfavorably numbers? i assume he is on the same level as trump.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

RACHET posted:

More unfavorable then the guy that wants them to die for having pregnancy complications

Priorities.

I mean, trump's alternative is that women who get abortions should face whatever the legal penalty for murder is, up to and including the death penalty (?) in states that offer the death penalty, if roe v wade can be over turned. so being forced to die from pregnancy complications is kind of splitting hairs over your specific terms of fatality

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

homeless poster posted:

I mean, trump's alternative is that women who get abortions should face whatever the legal penalty for murder is, up to and including the death penalty (?) in states that offer the death penalty, if roe v wade can be over turned. so being forced to die from pregnancy complications is kind of splitting hairs over your specific terms of fatality

Trump doesn't believe in that, he's pandering to idiots (religious conservatives) and took the republican stance to the logical conclusion and everyone blew up because he exposed what the Republican Party actually believes instead of whistling it. Cruz actually believes in that poo poo.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

No lesser evil here. The Republican primaries. A choice between the actively malicious and the evils of ignorance.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

remusclaw posted:

No lesser evil here. The Republican primaries. A choice between the actively malicious and the evils of ignorance.

which is which. they seem to be a mix of both depending on the issue.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

More like a hop-on really

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Lum_ posted:

have you considered that imperialism failed for a reason

i don't mean trendy-left "The US is imperialist because McDonalds is everywhere"

i mean historical "Great Britain tried to impose a mercantilist empire on half the planet and failed"

Seems like it was incredibly successful since it lasted for almost a century with little to no meaningful resistance

for the class whose interests the empire was ruled in, everything worked out fine and dandy

I don't understand what point you're making with regards to ending remittance payments and illegal immigration though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

RACHET posted:

Trump doesn't believe in that, he's pandering to idiots (religious conservatives) and took the republican stance to the logical conclusion and everyone blew up because he exposed what the Republican Party actually believes instead of whistling it. Cruz actually believes in that poo poo.

it's so weirdly inconsistent because when he says things that are the logical conclusion of other conservative stances (build a wall across the border, ban muslims from America) he's heralded as the One True Conservative and every other GoP candidate trips all over their dick trying to play catch-up, but when he says that women who have abortions should be punished, somehow that's the thing that's unforgivable and even trump has to release 5 further statements clarifying that whoops he didn't really mean that.

you know he has to be mega pissed that he could call Mexican immigrants drug-dealing rapists but his comments on abortion aren't immediately met with the most glowing praise

• Locked thread