Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rolo posted:

I feel like sniping just isn't a thing anymore

:lol::lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Am I wrong? I've only been playing a few hours and haven't played cod since like 2010, maybe I just need to get used to it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Just teasing you dude, but seriously- there's pretty much always one-to-three assholes with a Locus/Drakon/P-06, regardless of map size, level of competence, or feasibility.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ok cool, I was thinking going rifle/smg at some point but I'm so ridiculously new I'm just running and gunning to unlock the basics.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Nimec posted:

My wife loves zombies but won't play regular multiplayer. Why do the Blops gods not take pity on me and include an easy mode with no achievements or xp? It's inhuman what they expect you to do to survive after round 10. People have laser guns and poo poo and actually use those gum balls even though they all seem terrible except the limited ones you buy in the lobby store. :negative:

Blops 2 used to have an easy mode. But uh, it's Blops 2 Zombies, so only two-three maps are worth it.

Do you have the season pass? Only because The Giant is a thing that you can get to high rounds on real easy. It's a remake of one of the best WaW Zombies maps, so ofc it's easy.

And I will be honest, getting set up on maps like Shadows of Evil and Der Eisendrache can be tedious. Basically aim for Jugger-Nog(Juggernaut), Speed Cola(Sleight of Hand), Staminup (Lightweight/Marathon in one), and maybe Double Tap 2/Widow's Wine/Electric Cherry. Stay the gently caress away from Mule Kick unless you got a Perkaholic going. And for DE, either finish the Pack-a-Punch machine in either of the two spots in the larger portion since gently caress having to spend 500 to spend 5000 more points to maybe spend 2500 more points if you got 'em.

RE: The gum. You'd be surprised what the stock ones can do for ya. 10 secs of no zombie touchy? Filling your ammo supplies by shooting zombies? Fast Hands minus reload speed? Fuckin' Gung Ho? Yeap. You got a few that are worth it. Shame most of 'em feel like hot poo poo, so.

Other than that, have-a-fun. Also that offline Zombies lets you kit your guns out completely. Fast Mags stacks with Speed Cola. :getin:

Unrelated, but somehow I got some CODO footy. Two Nuketown rounds, a Rust round, and a Highrise round. Also a bit that shows off some weapons. Lime green .44 and that psychedelic Intervention are some wants. Unfortunately, I have definitely seen the worst the game has, plus another bad point.

The game has the loving Combat Arms system for loving every bit that goes into a loadout. Including killstreaks. :stonk: At least perks can be bought with the free currency permanently? But god loving drat if that ain't a dealbreaker I dunno what is.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Rolo posted:

Ok cool, I was thinking going rifle/smg at some point but I'm so ridiculously new I'm just running and gunning to unlock the basics.

No problem. The SMGs and ARs have enough variety to fit just about anybody's playstyle, including guns which are almost hybrids between each class.

Or you can grind the Drakon until you get the ELO (low profile red dot), and then just spam fire it like the M21/Dragunov/M14 in various CoD games, like Coltron does. :supaburn:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Do any of you do Zombies rounds? I love the mode but feel they're best enjoyed when you have 1-2 people who know what they're doing and don't mind assisting uninformed idiots i.e. me

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I do on PC. Any excuse not to go right for Quick Revive is fine by me I guess.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Rolo posted:

Am I wrong? I've only been playing a few hours and haven't played cod since like 2010, maybe I just need to get used to it.

You don't see many snipers since Treyarch effectively killed quickscoping. There's no aim assist on the 2 snipers that would be used for quickscoping, the Locus and SVG, and there's little aim assist on the Drakon and P-06. Sniping is also difficult because of the size of the maps, and speed of the game. The only sniper I recall seeing with any regularity is the Drakon, but that's just an AR with more sway and a higher ADS time. But if you're good at sniping, the sniper rifles are all pretty good in this game (although the P-06 takes some adjustment.)

BTW for all the spreadsheet fans out there, here are the recoil plots for BO3. It confirms a few things I've thought, namely the Weevil's recoil being disgustingly bad (worse than the VMP!)

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Godzilla07 posted:

BTW for all the spreadsheet fans out there, here are the recoil plots for BO3. It confirms a few things I've thought, namely the Weevil's recoil being disgustingly bad (worse than the VMP!)

Oh wow that's loving cool

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Just stole someone's care package in HC TDM. It was RAPS. I don't think a single person had a rocket launcher.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Sandwolf posted:

Do any of you do Zombies rounds? I love the mode but feel they're best enjoyed when you have 1-2 people who know what they're doing and don't mind assisting uninformed idiots i.e. me

I never liked zombies because the few times I played it in past CODs it felt like it was made for people who would follow a rigid strategy and not have any fun.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Lets shoot mans tonight.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

P06 with elo is the best gun in the game

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

You don't see many snipers since Treyarch effectively killed quickscoping. There's no aim assist on the 2 snipers that would be used for quickscoping, the Locus and SVG, and there's little aim assist on the Drakon and P-06. Sniping is also difficult because of the size of the maps, and speed of the game. The only sniper I recall seeing with any regularity is the Drakon, but that's just an AR with more sway and a higher ADS time. But if you're good at sniping, the sniper rifles are all pretty good in this game (although the P-06 takes some adjustment.)

hell yeah; LMGs have some of the best recoil patterns in the game CHUGGACHUGGACHUGGACHUGGACHUGGA :getin:

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things

widespread posted:

Zombies info

Thank you for the advice! I have the pass but her favorite is City of the Dead because Jeff Goldblum makes love to your ears. I should really look up how more information on how the mechanics work. I still have no idea if enemies scale depending on how many people are in the game, for example. It seems the same whether it's two or four.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Anyone playing on PS4 tonight?

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

jase1 posted:

Anyone playing on PS4 tonight?

I am right now. PSN: Kizurue

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Hello my name is BostonZombie and sometimes I get mad at video games

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Well the HG40 isn't bad but it does feel subpar compared to a few of the other SMGs. Still stupid happy I got it though since it's the first gun I've gotten from crates.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Lots of fun battling the pubbies for last place. It's been awhile since I have played a COD game on the regular. One day I will make the winners circle while rolling with you guys. Still figuring out what weapons I like.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
jase won. I'd love to play with you sometime.

PSN - poooM

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Godzilla07 posted:

I ended up getting my Overkill card and doubling up a Drakon with a shotgun, now I'm having a ton more fun.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Nimec posted:

Thank you for the advice! I have the pass but her favorite is City of the Dead because Jeff Goldblum makes love to your ears. I should really look up how more information on how the mechanics work. I still have no idea if enemies scale depending on how many people are in the game, for example. It seems the same whether it's two or four.

I'd question why the fundamentally hard map is her favorite, but I will admit that Jeff Goldblum is a viable and possibly the best reason. The Goon is a close second.

Some things to know about that map: You should do the rituals. They activate the gun upgrading portal thingy. Also when you see a big-rear end three headed monster, shoot the head :siren:ONLY WHEN ITS GLOWING YELLOW:siren: I am not kidding, that fucker will no-sell any shot not into its mouth. Also said fucker will come when you finish two rituals, and then when you finish the other two rituals. Also comes at Round 8 and at certain points of the quest on that map. But after reading through a walkthrough, it's safe to say you probably should just unlock Pack-a-Punch and continue on normally.

And finally, get to know the box that costs 950 dollars. It will be your life if you don't have Wall Power, since both the Haymaker and the Man-O-War are box-exclusive and loving amazing here, plus gambling at cheaper wall weapons and getting the ever-popular Monkey Bombs. :shepface:

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
A question for those of you who loved ghost because of extinction, would you buy :siren:SPACE COD:siren: if it had a new extinction mode tied to it?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

BobbyBaudoin posted:

A question for those of you who loved ghost because of extinction, would you buy :siren:SPACE COD:siren: if it had a new extinction mode tied to it?

I wouldn't buy it solely for Extinction, but I'd at least consider it more of a value towards the cost of the game than I do with Zombies.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I would/will buy the gently caress out of the next cod with extinction.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

BrokenKnees posted:

I consider it more of a value towards the cost of the game than I do with Zombies.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I did a little thing for Cod Zombos sorta.

Would have had that whole session but uh, it's 2.8 GB at 10 Mbps and my net's not that bueno.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is anyone planning on buying the new map pack ?

Also, let's shoot mans tonight.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

1.) :lol: Not unless I get every DLC gun, so... never.

2.) Sure. One Purifier double to go.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Well I'll be damned

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Javes posted:

Well I'll be damned

:stare: Well poo poo.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Oh shiiiiii

Time to get them dlc guns.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Javes posted:

Well I'll be damned

BOOM, baby

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok I might come back to play this weekend.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Javes posted:

Well I'll be damned

So we get four to six cryptos versus two to three. Cool.

Wish this meant I can play stuff like Safeguard and SND outside of Chaos Moshpit though. :smith:

Also that double Divinium sounds great but uh, keep in mind it's actually pretty rare to get a Divinium somehow, Gotta keep buying everything.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Has anyone tried a XIM with Remote Play?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Javes posted:

Well I'll be damned

What is Liquid Divinium? Is that a vape e-liquid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

What is Liquid Divinium? Is that a vape e-liquid?

Essentially alien :catdrugs:.

Further explanation: Divinium is actually what makes the zombies in the Zombies game mode, and is the 115th element on the periodic table of that universe. Those vials you can earn are spent making gum-shaped drugs that are way better than most of the ones you get.

tl:dr Liquid Divinium = German manufactured alien :catdrugs:

Edit: Here's the wikia page if you wanna know more.

widespread fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 7, 2016

• Locked thread