Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Dolash, I have not followed this thread in its first days, so I cannot know for sure, but I mantain that you are the best poster in it. By a wide margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

Dolash, I have not followed this thread in its first days, so I cannot know for sure, but I mantain that you are the best poster in it. By a wide margin.

Actually that's me

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

Probably

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Regy Rusty posted:

Seriously though this thread's not just gonna disappear

I always assumed that once Homestuck ended, this thread would be removed and everyone in it banned, in one of the longest-running honeypots the forum has ever seen.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Regy Rusty posted:

Seriously though this thread's not just gonna disappear

I'm going to blast this thread with mouth lasers until it does.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

YggiDee posted:

I always assumed that once Homestuck ended, this thread would be removed and everyone in it banned, in one of the longest-running honeypots the forum has ever seen.

No no, that's not until 2030 when the game comes out

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

YggiDee posted:

It would be fair and just.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YggiDee posted:

It was worth it and I regret nothing.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So MSPAdventures website will go down. Will we see Newgrounds eat poo poo again like in Cascade?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

At this point Tom Fulp would not lend Hussie a tissue, let alone his website.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think way fewer people care at this point also.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think way fewer people care at this point also.

Well, comparatively, but

even during gigamegawhatever pause, interest only dropped a little bit compared to the time around Cascade, and it's spiking right now

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Can someone who understands web traffic better than me explain how the size of the flash would impact bandwidth issues? So if the number of people desperately trying to open the flash at once is half as great but the file size is twice as large, is that the same net effect? If I recall Hussie also had to break Cascade down into pieces that were shuffled by a manager, so that could be a problem again (or even worse of a one, if it's bigger).

Also, I suppose we don't have any more information on when it'll be posted aside from "On 4/6", right? I suppose he could soften the blow with a late night/early morning release, although so far the updates last week were at a variety of regular daytime hours.

I just know it's going to drop right before my two-hour afternoon lab meeting tomorrow so I'll spend the whole time fidgeting.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He did move the site to a new host/servers between Cascade and now, so there's a small hope the site won't burn to the ground. I imagine he has a backup host just in case.

He may also drop the flash around 3am to minimize the damage of that initial rush as well.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

He may also drop the flash around 3am to minimize the damage of that initial rush as well.

ah, just like the good ol days

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Rorus Raz posted:

He did move the site to a new host/servers between Cascade and now, so there's a small hope the site won't burn to the ground. I imagine he has a backup host just in case.

Honestly, he should just prerender it and dump it on youtube as a backup. If his fans manage to bring that down I would legitimately be impressed. And worried. That's like nuclear levels of power over the internet.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

But how would that handle the part where the viewer is suddenly handed control 4 minutes in?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

If it's anything like recent animations, it'll probably gently caress around with elements of the site itself (like Game Over jumping between Acts, complete with swapping between normal MSPA site design and the Caliborn style).

I think Hussie is the kind of person who feels people can wait a bit longer for the rush to die down, as opposed to tossing it on YouTube and giving people a diminished experience.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

paradoxGentleman posted:

At this point Tom Fulp would not lend Hussie a tissue, let alone his website.
Deets?

Also, is there any reason other than combined bitterness not to keep this thread open in case of impending Hiveswap? If Homestuck actually ends, anything is possible. (throws pixie dust)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Don't worry Oxxidation will make the game thread in games when it comes out.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It might be good to let this thread pass once post-finale discussion dies down, if only for historical reasons. There'll probably be a decent chunk of time between now and Hiveswap anyway, so once that starts to look close (if it ever does) it'd warrant a new thread.

We've kept this one running under the "Final Acts" title for close to five years now, the lion's share of Homestuck's existence. It's served its time.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Don't worry Oxxidation will make the game thread in games when it comes out.

No point in making a thread for a game I won't play.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Deets?

Also, is there any reason other than combined bitterness not to keep this thread open in case of impending Hiveswap? If Homestuck actually ends, anything is possible. (throws pixie dust)

Because Hiveswap is video game, so I assume there'll be a new thread over in the games section of the fourms and we'll all just migrate over there.

I look forward to several more years of poo poo posting with you guys!

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
i have a post on the first page of this godforsaken fuckin thread somehow

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Doyle/Watson question: Did Dirk offer Dave one final question because Dirk expects to die? Or was it just to give Dave a chance to be cool?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Probably three of one, nine of the other.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Doyle/Watson question: Did Dirk offer Dave one final question because Dirk expects to die? Or was it just to give Dave a chance to be cool?

Can't it be...both things?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm hyped, lads.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dolash... paranoid randroid... oddium. Its been an honor posting with you. The rest of you insane freaks that arent as good, thank you for supporting Homestuck.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm hyped, lads.

This but unironically, unless it was already unironic, in which case, just this.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

paradoxGentleman posted:

I mantain that you are the best poster in it. By a wide margin.

This would actually be Ammat if gets around to posting the Waifu Tier list.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

net cafe scandal posted:

The rest of you insane freaks that arent as good.

Hey! I'm trying my best :saddowns:

Who else is hoping for a midnight release?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

CuddlyZombie posted:

This but unironically, unless it was already unironic, in which case, just this.

It's very sincere.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Vriska sitting on the chest is alive, right? That's alpha Vriska back from the dead.. what did she plan on doing again?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

net cafe scandal posted:

It's very sincere.

hell yeah

net cafe scandal posted:

The Vriska sitting on the chest is alive, right? That's alpha Vriska back from the dead.. what did she plan on doing again?

I think she plans to use the treasure in the chest to kill Lord English but i might be remembering wrong.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yeah, she's the living one. She's going to open that chest and let the juju do whatever it's gonna do.

Edit: beaten

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Dolash... paranoid randroid... oddium. Its been an honor posting with you. The rest of you insane freaks that arent as good, thank you for supporting Homestuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8yweQSVCu4

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The juju is the thing that detached John from continuity, yes?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

net cafe scandal posted:

The juju is the thing that detached John from continuity, yes?

Yeah, the house icon thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Honestly it's just a shame this thread will never surpass 9000 posts