Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Imagine Alex Jones being a codec call in Metal Gear Solid.

I SEE THROUGH YOUR LIES, HUEY, YOU WICKED, WICKED DEVIL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
At some point Alex just started repeating Liquid Snake's dialog back at the tv in a bad british accent.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Imagine Alex Jones being a codec call in Metal Gear Solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUK8EMX25VI

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

corn in the bible posted:

that one's specifically a hermaphrodite

What's your point, exactly?

Manky fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 6, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Manky posted:

What's your point, exactly?

the point is don't conflate trans people for hermaphrodites holy poo poo dude

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Aliens from aliens are, they got the banana and the taco.

Or maybe they are more like birds with bananas because they lay eggs.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

Corn pulled that hermaphrodite thing out of his rear end

e: don't conflate bigender with hermaphrodites jeeeez!

Manky fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 6, 2016

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

"doing better than ____ in consistent Twitch viewership"

I glad twitch can now be used as a measuring device to tell me how good a game is.

One of many metrics, and given that twitch is videogames-while-not-playing-videogames, I'd say it's entirely relevant. It's the new word-of-mouth, and helps immerse a fan into the franchise when they're not actively playing it, or it might make a sale where there wasn't one.

Then again, it might break a sale where there might have been one.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Maybe it's a complex issue that games can refer to, but people can debate argue about elsewhere? v:v:v

But that goes to the point: a lot of exposure of the issue, but comparatively little info going with it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mistle posted:

One of many metrics, and given that twitch is videogames-while-not-playing-videogames, I'd say it's entirely relevant. It's the new word-of-mouth, and helps immerse a fan into the franchise when they're not actively playing it, or it might make a sale where there wasn't one.

Then again, it might break a sale where there might have been one.

Twitch is lame, watching others play video games is lame on the internet, donating money to people playing video games on the internet is lame, donating money to people to watch people playing video games on the internet is lame.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Manky posted:

im pretty sure that character mentions havin both a penis and a vagina

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What's wrong with "androgynous"? A hermaphrodite has both male and female bits, if you don't know which they have, it's a Pat situation.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Twitch is lame, watching others play video games is lame on the internet, donating money to people playing video games on the internet is lame, donating money to people to watch people playing video games on the internet is lame.

What about couch watching someone play?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mistle posted:

What about couch watching someone play?

Couch watching is cool, so is pass playing ie changing on death or if death is basically impossible some other metric so the other people also get to play.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

im pretty sure that character mentions havin both a penis and a vagina

Oh, go plug your socket. Or socket your plug. Whatever feels right

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Couch watching is cool, so is pass playing ie changing on death or if death is basically impossible some other metric so the other people also get to play.

On that,
:agreed:

Some games are good to watch, though, and some people are good to watch play, and the internet is not the most ideal, I'll be the first to admit.

But I'll listen to their hot takes on a game over a "games journalist" paid shill any day.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Manky posted:

how about next time you include your wiki link that establishes a basis for an anime boss fight being bigender alongside the screenshot of a villain going "ho ho dear protagonist i have a penis AND a vagina!" so that anyone who hasn't played BLUE ANIME ASSAULT FORCE or whatever doesn't see a dude calling hermaphrodites transsexuals?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 6, 2016

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Am I missing something or isn't bigender:Guy (or girl) hermaphrodite:male (or female)?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm punsexual.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

how about next time you include your wiki link that establishes a basis for an anime boss fight being bigender alongside the screenshot of a villain going "ho ho dear protagonist i have a penis AND a vagina!" so that anyone who hasn't played BLUE ANIME ASSAULT FORCE or whatever doesn't see a dude calling hermaphrodites transsexuals?

Corn called the character a hermaphrodite, I never did, jfc

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

gettin real mad at the assumed gender of video game people itt

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Tenzarin posted:

Wrong. speedruns are fascinating

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Nierbo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1BHdjlM31g

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nierbo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5tyMXXDPX4

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_WqMMBBUMY

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
At this point I like the tool-assisted exploit people a lot more because being a quirky nerd who discovered parallel universes in a 20 year-old Nintendo game is way more interesting that being a quivering bundle of nerves passive-aggressively sniping people as they play through a game really quickly.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There was that one guy who was at a speedrun thing and made some really cringey "jokes" about shooting people IRL and ended up getting banned by Twitch. Not to mention the one where apparently some Twitch couple broke up because while one of them was doing the speedrun, the other was having an affair in one of the hotel rooms.

SGDQ/AGDQ is both cool and cringey at the same time.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Unfunny Poster posted:

There was that one guy who was at a speedrun thing and made some really cringey "jokes" about shooting people IRL and ended up getting banned by Twitch. Not to mention the one where apparently some Twitch couple broke up because while one of them was doing the speedrun, the other was having an affair in one of the hotel rooms.

SGDQ/AGDQ is both cool and cringey at the same time.

IIRC she jacked off a bunch of dudes and smashed pissers with one of the speedrunners, who then posted something on reddit that everyone expected to be an apology but ended up being him going 'DON'T GET ME WRONG, WE DEFINITELY HAD SEX'

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

quote:

Hey Sam,

So a lot of things have happened this week. I swear to you that I never had the intention of doing any of these things. I'm not going to speak for the other guys. I will just say that I, out of everyone, committed the most of what happened...I'm sure you know. I will be honest and admit that I like Tolki a lot. I always thought she was awesome, and seeing her at sgdq just solidified it more. I also was just high on sgdq hype, and was pretty drunk when the cheating first happened, but those aren't good excuses at all. The fact of the matter is that I gave into temptations. I am a good person with good values and have respect for people who deserve it, and in this particular instance I completely removed myself from that persona out of selfish desires. It doesn't matter how much I like her or was tempted to do anything. She is your wife, and out of respect for someone who was one of my best friends, I should obviously have not done what I did. Speaking of her being your wife, I just want to say that I strongly advise you to not take her for granted. She is something special, always remember that.

Let me just say that this was the worst thing I have done to someone in my life; the lowest I have ever been. I blatantly betrayed you for no good reason. After all of the talks we had, all of the advice we exchanged, and all the fun we've had together as friends, I went ahead and ruined everything.

I'm not expecting a response to this. I'm assuming you want nothing to do with me anymore, which is understandable. But I just wanted to apologize to you as best as I could. Just know that I still consider you my friend, even though you don't consider me yours. If you are willing to talk, I am always open to.

I am so unbelievably sorry. This is going to stay with me for the rest of my life.

Good luck with everything in the future, and I hope things work out for you in life.

All the best,
Stiv

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Apparently, her husband just left her without a ride home at the hotel (This is before she cheated on him). So basically everybody involved was an rear end in a top hat.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I thought GamerGate stuff was verboten here.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I doubled checked to make sure I wasn't in the speedrun thread.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Guy Mann posted:

I thought GamerGate stuff was verboten here.

If every time gamers act like giant morons counts as gamergate we'll never talk about anything funny ever again.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Manky posted:

Corn called the character a hermaphrodite, I never did, jfc

Uh, you seem to be confused as to what I'm pointing out.

Corn was correct and reasonable to say "hey that character's a hermaphrodite" in response to the picture of the character going "I've got a dick and a pussy if you know what I mean".

You were calling the character bigender which, while arguably true based on what you've since posted, is WAY different from the biological state of being a hermaphrodite.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

Uh, you seem to be confused as to what I'm pointing out.

Corn was correct and reasonable to say "hey that character's a hermaphrodite" in response to the picture of the character going "I've got a dick and a pussy if you know what I mean".

You were calling the character bigender which, while arguably true based on what you've since posted, is WAY different from the biological state of being a hermaphrodite.

No, corn made an assumption based on a badly written metaphor and called me wrong. But he was wrong instead! He conflated hermaphroditism with being bigender, again, based on an image and not what I said. I called the character trans, which is correct if you take bigender as under the umbrella of transgenderism (which seems to be the norm!). The in game script calls the character bigender. Sorry this was confusing for you, but if you read things/experience time linearly, it should make sense!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furnok Dorn posted:

IIRC she jacked off a bunch of dudes and smashed pissers with one of the speedrunners, who then posted something on reddit that everyone expected to be an apology but ended up being him going 'DON'T GET ME WRONG, WE DEFINITELY HAD SEX'

:yikes:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Guys, you're all idiots, it's okay.

Come on, let's drink! We're drinking now, get your warm rear end beer. gently caress this beer is warm and it is rear end.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Transgender doesn't mean what you seem to think it means, dude. It's got a very specific meaning

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Manky posted:

but if you read things/experience time linearly, it should make sense!

As a Tralfamadorian I find this offensive

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Guys, you're all idiots, it's okay.

Come on, let's drink! We're drinking now, get your warm rear end beer. gently caress this beer is warm and it is rear end.

Nice part of the mountains is having an outdoor fridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Transgender doesn't mean what you seem to think it means, dude. It's got a very specific meaning

Actually it has more than one, and I prefer not to be narrow minded!

e:

Regy Rusty posted:

As a Tralfamadorian I find this offensive

Oh jeez, sorry about that. Talk about narrow minded! I'll try to avoid that bias in future posts :doh: there I go again!

Manky fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 6, 2016

• Locked thread