Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Nah the only thing oral sex related that might have a coppery taste is earning your redwings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

MrSlam posted:

I always thought the pennies bit was a blowjob joke. I heard somewhere that semen tastes like sour pennies? I don't know. But symbollically Billy would have to swallow his pride either way
and all of St Cloud's delicious pennies.

I acquit this thread.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

MrSlam posted:

I always thought the pennies bit was a blowjob joke. I heard somewhere that semen tastes like sour pennies? I don't know. But symbollically Billy would have to swallow his pride either way

What does a sour penny taste like?

I've had coins in my mouth before. And... and I'm realizing now how odd that seems when it's typed out, but there it is, pennies in my mouth. They taste like metal. Neither sweet, like those wonderful white shavings my babysitters used to leave on the windowsills for us to snack on, nor sour, like 97% of the candy that came out from 1997 - 2004. Not even bitter, really. Not even salty. Just metallic.

Sour pennies? It's like when someone says that some food they hate tastes like horse poo poo covered in mustard. There's only one way to honestly make that comparison.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Yeah, I have no idea what the gently caress a sour penny's supposed to taste like. I was another kid who stuck a penny in her mouth and the nearest comparison is that it tastes like blood. Does a sour penny taste like spoiled blood? Because I've had the displeasure of smelling spoiled blood and if that's the case, :stare:.
In better news, I got my tailoring shirt yesterday. :3:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah the only thing oral sex related that might have a coppery taste is earning your redwings.

What do you mean? "Tasted a flower?" Is that a direct metaphor?

Cause I don't take many trips down south myself.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
If a person's semen tastes either sour or metallic they should probably seek medical attention, or at least improve their diet.

O. Henry O-Face
Sep 16, 2009
Alright, everyone give yourself a rusty venture so we all know if pennies taste like semen.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

MrSlam posted:

What the gently caress?

No. No it does not.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Loknik posted:

Alright, everyone give yourself a rusty venture so we all know if pennies taste like semen.

Wrong! The Rusty Venture is a straight move.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MrSlam posted:

"smell like salty coins and milk" is the Pomf Pomf Kimochi lyric.

...trap sprung?

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style
I assume guild level is not just limited to all the stuff the Monarch listed. He had all those things and was only level 6. The other part of it likely has to do thwarting enemies and successfully executing acts of villainy, the higher profile the better. Dr.Butt was suggested to the Monarch as a thwart that would raise his arching level which was why Dr. Mrs. was pushing it on him. That's the logic I used explain why the Monarch, in Gary's flashback, was fighting the hippie with the vibration lasers and robot army. Rusty probably required at least level 6 to arch at the time so the Monarch did the minimum arching to get to that point. Once he was there we can all agree he was not very successful in thwarting Venture (thank you Brock). His setup that he had was that of a 10 but his ambition only merited a 6.

That would also allow us to explain why Harangutan was a level 10. He didn't bother having all the fancy stuff and instead likely just did the work. After all, the MAL (Matched Aggression Level) is a ranking of villains ability to deal with opposition. Harangutan probably had to work harder to get his 10 than Red Death. RD works once a year to maintain his level, and of course to deal with his murder boners. Harangutan likely arched every day.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Thank you Venture Bros thread for speculating on the taste of bloody dick so that I can remember to fix any knaps in my enamel.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

MrSlam posted:

rofl

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Crazy Ferret posted:

Wrong! The Rusty Venture is a straight move.

Read this in watch's voice and laughed out loud at work.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Zasze posted:

Read this in watch's voice and laughed out loud at work.

But if you read it in Ward's voice, it's actually kind of sad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like Brock's Rusty Venture, its just when you jerk it so much your penis gets red and raw. Which sounds like a Doc thing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

twistedmentat posted:

I like Brock's Rusty Venture, its just when you jerk it so much your penis gets red and raw. Which sounds like a Doc thing.

Yeah that sounds like the most accurate one to me

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah that sounds like the most accurate one to me

Ghost Abe totally saw Rusty giving himself a Rusty Venture in the Lincoln bedroom.

Speaking of that, is the general consenus that Guess Who's coming to State Dinner is the weakest episode? Honestly I think Mama's Boys is weaker.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

twistedmentat posted:

Ghost Abe totally saw Rusty giving himself a Rusty Venture in the Lincoln bedroom.

Speaking of that, is the general consenus that Guess Who's coming to State Dinner is the weakest episode? Honestly I think Mama's Boys is weaker.
Mama's Boys is in my top ten episodes, though it has been a while since I've last seen it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

twistedmentat posted:

In my opinion the weakest episode is the Dr Quym one, although I'll admit I'm one of the few people who doesn't like the Prom episode very much either

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Careers in Science, hands down.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Mama's Boys has Hank as a Hank themed villain, 24 finally being The Viceroy for a bit and Dermot being mistaken for their sidekick.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

In my opinion the weakest episode is the Dr Quym one, although I'll admit I'm one of the few people who doesn't like the Prom episode very much either
Spoken like someone who got their rear end handed to them by a f*¢king orangutan.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I personally don't like the Doc half of Mid-Life Chrysalis and I don't care much for Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean., but Careers in Science and Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner? are my least fav mostly because of Colonel Bud Manstrong.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Teddy was sent to the asylum for hugging Ronald Reagan too hard.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Has any one tried making one of Rusty's gross cocktails? because they sound awful.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Has any one tried making one of Rusty's gross cocktails? because they sound awful.

I want there to be a Doctail of the week club for next season. Post a recipe the day before the episode airs, see who drinks it. I won't, but I want it to exist.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There was a video posted in the thread of someone making a red moco cooler.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Machai posted:

... I don't care much for Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean. ...

If that cold open doesn't make you laugh your rear end off I don't know what to tell you.

I think someone in here said a small bar near them made some around the season 5 premiere. IIRC reports indicated that, yes, they were pretty bad.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cernunnos posted:

I think someone in here said a small bar near them made some around the season 5 premiere. IIRC reports indicated that, yes, they were pretty bad.

What was the episode where he talked about making "a dirty bottom" or something? I can't remember what was in it, but i remember thinking it sounded disgusting.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

It hasn't even been a year and we're already talking about the taste of coins and semen?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

What was the episode where he talked about making "a dirty bottom" or something? I can't remember what was in it, but i remember thinking it sounded disgusting.

The "Ruddy Bottom" is a new drink from season 6. Before that it was almost always Red Moco Coolers (Kaluha, something I can't remember, and red Kool-Aid :barf:) except in the Halloween special. I can't remember what the drinks in that were.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'll be the one with the plastic dome with tubes coming out of it.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

The "Ruddy Bottom" is a new drink from season 6. Before that it was almost always Red Moco Coolers (Kaluha, something I can't remember, and red Kool-Aid :barf:) except in the Halloween special. I can't remember what the drinks in that were.

Kaluha, chocolate syrup, and red Kool-Aid.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Darkman Fanpage posted:

:barf::barf::barf:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cernunnos posted:

That's right!

Wait, no, I don't think it was "ruddy bottom" I think it was "runny bottom"

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Presumably because this drink probably looks like diarrhea.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

That's right!

Wait, no, I don't think it was "ruddy bottom" I think it was "runny bottom"

It's Ruddy Bottom. Rum, tomato juice and grenadine. His drinks are always something brown, something red and a syrup.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cojawfee posted:

It's Ruddy Bottom. Rum, tomato juice and grenadine.

Oh, still pretty gross.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Ketchup and bourbon. I call it a "Hunchback".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Machai posted:

Mama's Boys has Hank as a Hank themed villain, 24 finally being The Viceroy for a bit and Dermot being mistaken for their sidekick.

Oh crap, I've forgotten that was in that episode. Well, I guess I change my mind about that episode, then yea, the Dr Qymm one is the weakest.