Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ThatSinkingFeeling posted:

So is there another place to get Ghost subs now that Over Time seems to have dropped it?
Or is that temporary?

Can it not be TV Nihon, or is that the only game in town left?

Over Time posted:

Are you guys going to sub Amazons?
gently caress off.

Thanks for dropping Ghost to work on this!
No, really, gently caress off.

Nothing here suggests they have actually dropped Ghost. It's only been a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
yeah their Ghost releases are always Wednesday/Thursday, not Monday/Tuesday. Which is good because it means you get some time to digest each one and spread your entertainment.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I enjoyed Amazons a lot. I never watched actual Amazon, so I didn't really go in expecting anything, but that first episode left me wanting more.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Darksaber posted:

I enjoyed Amazons a lot. I never watched actual Amazon, so I didn't really go in expecting anything, but that first episode left me wanting more.

Honestly, apart from some visual nods (yay, Mole Beastman) and the Rider designs, Amazons at the moment doesn't seem to have much with the original KR Amazon. It feels more to me like Shin Kamen Rider, only competently done. Mind you, there may be some more ties to Amazon original introduced later, and I did enjoy Amazons first episode a lot.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Will Amazon have a super mode called Prime?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
This week's Zyuohger villain was voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama wasn't it? I always enjoy his voice.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
This week's monster was so very "super sentai monster"...

"and everybody who hears it goes nuts and makes horn noises with their mouth":allears:

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 7, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I hope it notices me.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Poison Mushroom posted:

I hope it notices me.

God dammit. I phone-posted that hours ago and apparently I've taught my phone to auto-correct things into "senpai" :v:

I'm editing it, but here's the original text for posterity:

deadly_pudding posted:

This week's monster was so very "super senpai monster"...

"and everybody who hears it goes nuts and makes horn noises with their mouth":allears:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

God dammit. I phone-posted that hours ago and apparently I've taught my phone to auto-correct things into "senpai" :v:

nice

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mods please change my name to "super senpai monster" ty tia

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Just finished watching the first episode of Amazons. Not a bad start, though it seems a lot more simmilar in concept to Shin than it does Amazon (though I'm curious whether or not this is just a seperate reimagining or if they'll actually try to connect it to the original series later on), though I'm guessing the next episode is where things really start to get going. If all the episodes are this long then the 13 or so episode count we're getting won't be much of an issue as we're essentially getting 2 episodes at once. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Really not surprised it draws from Shin.

Shin was basically an attempt to do the concept they wanted to do with Amazon, but on an actual budget. Amazon is a Monster Rider, its why his 'helmet' has a mouth and why he has claws. That's not a robot body or anything, that's his actual true monster form. Amazon was the first of the organic Riders.

Shin was just rooted more in Grasshopper stuff and taken away from the Tarzan aesthetic.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I feel like the Ghost writers may have realized they made a mistake when they made his mid-season upgrade a completely different belt because he has to keep using his old belt because his new belt isn't compatible with his form change stuff.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stallion Cabana posted:

I feel like the Ghost writers may have realized they made a mistake when they made his mid-season upgrade a completely different belt because he has to keep using his old belt because his new belt isn't compatible with his form change stuff.

Let me let you in on a secret.

The writers didn't make a mistake. No one did. Making a mistake means that they gave a drat about the story- now before you react to that too strongly, I'll clarify further. The WRITERS didn't make a mistake because they had nothing to do with it.

If anyone had anything to do with it, it was the toy guys at Bandai. We know very well thanks to Gaim how this works. The writers might have an idea for what the Rider could be, then the toy guy comes in and says gently caress you, you're making this into fruits, you have these fuckers to introduce, these toys to doll out at these prearranged spots, and these other forms that look ugly as sin and will never ever ever be useful to throw in wherever.

The writers then have to deal with that. That's not their fault.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gaim and its upgrades were dope though you dweeb

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Burkion posted:

Let me let you in on a secret.

The writers didn't make a mistake. No one did. Making a mistake means that they gave a drat about the story- now before you react to that too strongly, I'll clarify further. The WRITERS didn't make a mistake because they had nothing to do with it.

If anyone had anything to do with it, it was the toy guys at Bandai. We know very well thanks to Gaim how this works. The writers might have an idea for what the Rider could be, then the toy guy comes in and says gently caress you, you're making this into fruits, you have these fuckers to introduce, these toys to doll out at these prearranged spots, and these other forms that look ugly as sin and will never ever ever be useful to throw in wherever.

The writers then have to deal with that. That's not their fault.

tbh the Gaim comparison is kind of Apt in some ways because it reminds me of that scene where Kaito is fighting a guy using his Sengoku Driver, then mid fight he takes off his belt, and then, while somehow still remaining transformed, put on his Genesis Driver and turned into Lemon Energy Arms.

For everything else in Gaim that's always been the scene that stuck out to me the most as being weird. Admittedly Takeru's never done that here, but it seems like a weird oversight, even from just a marketing prospective, that he can't bring out his toys in that form to use them as guns or w/e.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Literally The Worst posted:

Gaim and its upgrades were dope though you dweeb

Did I insult Gaim?

No I didn't. My complaint with Gaim has nothing to do with the aesthetics of the fruit bullshit, but instead the mandated order of when the upgrades showed up.

This was something every one acknowledges was a mistake with Gaim. Dude should not have gotten his final form as early as he did, but he did because that's the formula as mandated by Bandai.

Which again, is not a writing mistake- just something the writers have to deal with.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Stallion Cabana posted:

tbh the Gaim comparison is kind of Apt in some ways because it reminds me of that scene where Kaito is fighting a guy using his Sengoku Driver, then mid fight he takes off his belt, and then, while somehow still remaining transformed, put on his Genesis Driver and turned into Lemon Energy Arms.

For everything else in Gaim that's always been the scene that stuck out to me the most as being weird. Admittedly Takeru's never done that here, but it seems like a weird oversight, even from just a marketing prospective, that he can't bring out his toys in that form to use them as guns or w/e.

He does summon his ghost friends who use the toys though

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Literally The Worst posted:

He does summon his ghost friends who use the toys though

Yeah, letting Takeru summon Heroic Ghosts to use the toys for him was a pretty good move on that particular front. Now all the weapons can be out at once, theoretically.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Honestly, I just took that one as something that of course Professor Ryouma would spend hours trying to develop a way for that to be possible. It seems entirely in his ballpark, see the entire reason for bizarre belt sayings in that series being him feeling like it. (I love that the other Genesis belts besides his and Kaito's lack that, presumably because his co-workers told him to knock it the heck off.)

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, letting Takeru summon Heroic Ghosts to use the toys for him was a pretty good move on that particular front. Now all the weapons can be out at once, theoretically.
Even given Wizard's issues, the DragoTimer was a pretty neat upgrade concept, so I'm glad to see them use something like that again.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
What is the airing schedule for amazons, anyway?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

What is the airing schedule for amazons, anyway?

Every Friday it looks like, the second episode just aired on the 8th.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 10, 2016

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Amazons was really really good. Thank god Over-Time is subbing it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Amazons being weekly is a nice surprise. I figured it was an ova-type deal and would take a while.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I just wish Amazon Alpha was Amazon Prime.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Serious Frolicking posted:

Amazons being weekly is a nice surprise. I figured it was an ova-type deal and would take a while.

It still KINDA is, but all of the 11 episodes will be coming one after another.

I am curious if episode 2 will be as long as episode 1

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Catching up with Zyuohger and I just finished Larri's introduction episode. Larri is Fantastic. Gorilla mode is fantastic. The fact that Gorilla mode appeared again is fantastic. :allears:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Oh Snapple! posted:

I just wish Amazon Alpha was Amazon Prime.

Amazon Prime is the original Amazon.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Burkion posted:

I am curious if episode 2 will be as long as episode 1

It's 40m long

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Good news bad news time.

OT has the second episode of Amazons up!

Unforunately the HD subs are messed up as of last night.

The patch is correct though, so if you can't wait, check that out. After the first episode, I'm really looking forward to this one.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Amazons 2 is: Good.

I hope they take a moment to explain the belts, because it feels like kind of a weird rear end-pull in a show that's otherwise pretty detail-oriented:v:
At any rate, Exterminator Mercenaries continue to be my new favorite toku characters, and I really appreciate the show's commitment to the old ultra-violence.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The torrent is already fixed, download away.

There's also a new Garo show, which is being touted as a collection of side stories that take place in the Garo universe. The series is an oddity because Garo Pro has been oddly tight-lipped about it; any new stories to come are a mystery, there's no previews anywhere we can see and the promo material was strangely scarce days before it premiered.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Ignis posted:

The torrent is already fixed, download away.

There's also a new Garo show, which is being touted as a collection of side stories that take place in the Garo universe. The series is an oddity because Garo Pro has been oddly tight-lipped about it; any new stories to come are a mystery, there's no previews anywhere we can see and the promo material was strangely scarce days before it premiered.

Excellent thank you for fixing that!! I will start seeding tonight.

As for Garo, it seems like this series is a good way to spike interest in the property in general, I seem to remember that the overall feeling on it was it is a rather hit or miss based on the season/writer

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Amazons 2 is: Good.

I hope they take a moment to explain the belts, because it feels like kind of a weird rear end-pull in a show that's otherwise pretty detail-oriented:v:
At any rate, Exterminator Mercenaries continue to be my new favorite toku characters, and I really appreciate the show's commitment to the old ultra-violence.

Liked the episode too, but the belts feel like Marketing's one concession for the series. They really shouldn't be saying "Alpha" or "Omega" given the feel of the rest of the show.

Also, calling the not-Big Slice finisher the Violent Punish is just absurd and made me laugh so hard. I do like how chipped and beat up Alpha's driver is though.

gourdcaptain fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 13, 2016

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's a thing that's tangentially related to this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRIwlEBjuw

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Burkion posted:

Here's a thing that's tangentially related to this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRIwlEBjuw
I like the detail of having a sign interpreter at the press conference.

I also like how hosed up big G looks.

The tail flopping all over the place in that last wide shot looks kind of goofy, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wanna see 2016 Godzilla fight 2014 Godzilla.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
His tail is as big as the rest of him.

Also, looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Wanna see 2016 Godzilla fight 2014 Godzilla.

No lie, that would be beautiful

They contrast each other so loving well

• Locked thread