Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
$108? Jesus Christ. How big is this? Standard 1:12 scale, or...?

That said, it looks really loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Reinanigans posted:

$108? Jesus Christ. How big is this? Standard 1:12 scale, or...?

That said, it looks really loving good.

According to Anime-export, 24cm tall. Anime-export just put up their pre-order for it, and their discount knocks it down to 75 dollars - http://www.anime-export.com/product/31054

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Huh. That's pretty good then. The Maximals and Predacons are all kinds of screwy in regards to size compared to real animals anyway. loving Waspinator is like 7" tall, and Ratrap is short, but no where near the size of even a prehistoric rat. I can pretend Optimus is 9" tall because he's a loving robot gorilla rather than a real one.

Is any of this Optimus die-cast? :swoon:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Derp, didn't refresh thread.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys newest Ant-Man figure has a bit of a wonky facesculpt.... as in it looks straight up like Ben Affleck in BvS. :3:

Suit looks cool tho.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
god their head on a pike pictures are so loving creepy, but only because their head sculpts are mindbogglingly amazing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cool that he gets a full head sculpt now though. Is Don Cheadle still stuck with helmeted ones?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I don't really know anything about Ahsoka since I've never read/seen anything that she is in so don't really care about the figure but what is the one that you are referring to?

It's the cartoon-style one with the same outfit / lightsabers as the "realistic" vintage series figure.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

If you're into TMNT or you really like mousers, Mondo is doing a 48 hour release of their new 1:6 scale mousers with 3 rats.
http://mondotees.com/products/mouser-2-pack-1-6-scale-collectible-figures-mondo-exclusive

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Speaking of destroying action figures, a screwdriver, when punched with a hammer, will produce a hole of perfect width to fit your standard firecracker or cheap bottle rocket. RIP Big Van Vader.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Rirse posted:

Yeah, much I mentioned Hux up there, I am not that worry about tracking him down, unlike IG88 and Leia as Bouskh, who I had to order from ebay (thankfully legit copies and not Stur Wurs bootlegs) because their wave never appeared due to all the stores not selling the Obi-Wan and Han Solo they got in.

Several of the stores in my area still have Obi Wans.

Which I may snag another, actually. Casting Cave just started selling some casts of other Jedi heads done in a 6" scale, so I may grab a 6" scale Plo Koon head, paint it, throw it on Obi Wan and have a custom Plo Koon.

http://castingcave.ecrater.com/c/1678486/6-scale-heads-and-body-parts

They also have a head cast for Dooku, Saesee Tiin, Old Ben, AOTC Anakin and buns Leia.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

ShimSham posted:

Several of the stores in my area still have Obi Wans.

Which I may snag another, actually. Casting Cave just started selling some casts of other Jedi heads done in a 6" scale, so I may grab a 6" scale Plo Koon head, paint it, throw it on Obi Wan and have a custom Plo Koon.

http://castingcave.ecrater.com/c/1678486/6-scale-heads-and-body-parts

They also have a head cast for Dooku, Saesee Tiin, Old Ben, AOTC Anakin and buns Leia.

I've been sprucing up their Old Ben head and it's coming together really nicely. I'll post pics when I'm finally done.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It's the cartoon-style one with the same outfit / lightsabers as the "realistic" vintage series figure.

It was rare because it was one of those stupid end of line releases and she was single packed again. Vintage Ahsoka got this same bullshit. Ended auctions show you can get her (CW44 that is) for around $75 loose or $100-$150 carded.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Reinanigans posted:

Huh. That's pretty good then. The Maximals and Predacons are all kinds of screwy in regards to size compared to real animals anyway. loving Waspinator is like 7" tall, and Ratrap is short, but no where near the size of even a prehistoric rat. I can pretend Optimus is 9" tall because he's a loving robot gorilla rather than a real one.

Is any of this Optimus die-cast? :swoon:

Just an update for you since you were interested, turns out AE is wrong and MP Primal is 19cm tall. Also, I don't think there's any diecast.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone still need a spider gwen? Found one at wal mart this morning.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread, but I need to show off how good Masterpiece Optimus Primal looks.

Wow, this is dope. Are they doing any other Beast Wars characters in this line? I would love a Waspinator or Blackarachnia.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I do! PM me and we can work something out I'm sure.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

Wow, this is dope. Are they doing any other Beast Wars characters in this line? I would love a Waspinator or Blackarachnia.

Word is there will also be a Megatron, Rattrap, and Cheetor in the MP line after primal. They already did a really good Waspinator in Generations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

If RevKrule explodes or something, I also still need a Spider-Gwen!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think there was another one there, so I can go check later on.

Also, found a Captain Phasma, so if that's still needed I grabbed her too.

Got a Venom for myself though. :spidey:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I think there was another one there, so I can go check later on.

Also, found a Captain Phasma, so if that's still needed I grabbed her too.

Got a Venom for myself though. :spidey:

Did Phasma get packed into another wave or something? The stores around me are a barren wasteland of peg warmers for Black Series and Legends, but suddenly 2-3 Phasma have shown up at both TRU an Target. No other figures (not even more copies of pegwarmers or anything). I guess maybe it's just returns or something... but it's really strange.

I haven't seen anyone from the Venom/Gwen wave in person, but there are WolfCaps for miles.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No clue, the local wal mart just restocked a lot of the stuff. They had a POE OMG DAMERON as well as Kylo and the red helmeted dude and the alien mushroom guy, and about 5 Finns.

I was honestly tempted by the Poe but enh, the only other BS I have at the moment is the walgreens Zappin' Vader.

I remember phasma was kinda hard to get though, so I thought I'd snag her for someone in case they needed her. If not, it's not like it's hard to return poo poo to the store.

No Wolfcap at ALL though, which sucked because I was hoping for a WolfCap and a Taskmaster. A few Sentry, Beetle, Machine Man and Hawkeye though. No Superior Venom :(

Something like 8 diff Reillys though, even one in the old school sweatshirt getup.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

No clue, the local wal mart just restocked a lot of the stuff. They had a POE OMG DAMERON as well as Kylo and the red helmeted dude and the alien mushroom guy, and about 5 Finns.

I was honestly tempted by the Poe but enh, the only other BS I have at the moment is the walgreens Zappin' Vader.

I remember phasma was kinda hard to get though, so I thought I'd snag her for someone in case they needed her. If not, it's not like it's hard to return poo poo to the store.

No Wolfcap at ALL though, which sucked because I was hoping for a WolfCap and a Taskmaster. A few Sentry, Beetle, Machine Man and Hawkeye though. No Superior Venom :(

Something like 8 diff Reillys though, even one in the old school sweatshirt getup.

I can snag you a WolfCap if you want one. Every TRU by me has multiple copies of him. Enough that you'd think the entire box/wave was just WolfCaps, lol.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Agrias120 posted:

I can snag you a WolfCap if you want one. Every TRU by me has multiple copies of him. Enough that you'd think the entire box/wave was just WolfCaps, lol.

Having opened the box with that wave, it one of each characters, except Wolf Cap, who has two in the box.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

Did Phasma get packed into another wave or something? The stores around me are a barren wasteland of peg warmers for Black Series and Legends, but suddenly 2-3 Phasma have shown up at both TRU an Target. No other figures (not even more copies of pegwarmers or anything). I guess maybe it's just returns or something... but it's really strange.

I haven't seen anyone from the Venom/Gwen wave in person, but there are WolfCaps for miles.

She did, I believe she got repacked in the recent Jango wave. Also, I'm still looking out for a Gwen/Venom for you. No luck so far.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I have a spare Venom if anyone has a Gwen to trade, or if they find a Black Series Ahsoka.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Aren't they shipping full cases of Venom and Gwen? I would think they would be easier to find soon.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Louisgod posted:

She did, I believe she got repacked in the recent Jango wave. Also, I'm still looking out for a Gwen/Venom for you. No luck so far.

One of my local targets had a whole bunch of Jangos and Phasmas as part of their TFA DVD displays. I'm limiting myself to one Black Series per trilogy, so I picked up FN-2187. Nearly all of the Finns and Old Hans had pretty good face paint applications, so maybe there's hope for the Black Series after all. :shrug:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Now that the movie is out on bluray, I wonder if the spoiler related figures for Rey, Kylo, and Luke will come out now. Mostly because I really like Rey's outfit from the end of the movie.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rirse posted:

Now that the movie is out on bluray, I wonder if the spoiler related figures for Rey, Kylo, and Luke will come out now. Mostly because I really like Rey's outfit from the end of the movie.

Conversely, I wonder if the deleted scenes on the blu-ray will finally clue us in about who Constable Zuvio is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's just a guy from Jakku whose scene was cut.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

He's just a guy from Jakku whose scene was cut.

Yeah but who is he? I could explain more about the Guavian Enforcers than Zuvio, and they don't even have names.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Conversely, I wonder if the deleted scenes on the blu-ray will finally clue us in about who Constable Zuvio is.

I have Rey in her resistance outfit and lightsaber, and I picked it up about a week ago so I don't think it is timed for the bluray release.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

I watched the deleted scenes last night and didn't see the supposed cut Zuvio screen.

I personally sense a conspiracy. They're obviously trying to make us forget he ever existed.

What I'm saying is that Zuvio is Snoke.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

ShimSham posted:

I watched the deleted scenes last night and didn't see the supposed cut Zuvio screen.

I personally sense a conspiracy. They're obviously trying to make us forget he ever existed.

What I'm saying is that Zuvio is Snoke.

So he's a character that only exists as promotional items and that one super high-res shot of his face? He's going to be a fan-favorite obsession within the next 5 years, mark my words.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So he's a character that only exists as promotional items and that one super high-res shot of his face? He's going to be a fan-favorite obsession within the next 5 years, mark my words.

Swing by the Redmond Target and buy the 10 Zuvios they have so I can get a new case and you can flip those later.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

Swing by the Redmond Target and buy the 10 Zuvios they have so I can get a new case and you can flip those later.

Hey now, you collect hot toys and I don't, you're clearly the better candidate for speculation warehousing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Rage posted:

Also stop by my work and get all the ones there, as he the figure we have outside of a random Finn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His name is Constable, he's some kind of cop.

Originally he helped Rey when she's escaping the trader guy's thugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Spider-Gwen and Venom up on Hasbro Toyshop:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-b6417as00
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-b6414ax00