Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Someone convince me not to get the license plate "Lou Bega," it's available and I really want it. It helps that I have exactly the kind of car Lou Bega would drive (2003 Cadillac).

But then someone will think it's Lou Bega's car and just take it I mean it's legal to take Lou Bega's car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I never played Resident Evil 5 or 6, and I heard 5 is pretty terrible so I'm skipping it.

This was on sale for $15 on Amazon, so I figured why not. I'm about an hour in and I already kinda want my money back.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SgtScruffy posted:

I never played Resident Evil 5 or 6, and I heard 5 is pretty terrible so I'm skipping it.

This was on sale for $15 on Amazon, so I figured why not. I'm about an hour in and I already kinda want my money back.

I made the opposite choice recently and played 5 but not 6. It was pretty fun because I had a second human to play with.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

SgtScruffy posted:

5 is the decent one, 6 is the bad one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a Nexus 6P and signed up for Google Fi.
It's going to be quite the step up from my old and buggy Galaxy S4.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

5 is the decent one, 6 is the bad one.

they reduced the series to a mediocre corridor shooter, 5 at least had the pretense of puzzles and upgradeable guns as opposed to bogus skillsets. I still hold out hope that 7 is going to redeem the series but the bar's so low that could mean anything, like, "launched on time."

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Leon's campaign was entertaining. Everyone else's was awful.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

Preorder finally came in of Ulver's metal trilogy.

Also, because I hate money and definitely need a new expensive hobby, I purchased a PADI scuba certification course. (Not pictured).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bitchkrieg posted:

Preorder finally came in of Ulver's metal trilogy.

*Ulvernas

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I made the opposite choice recently and played 5 but not 6. It was pretty fun because I had a second human to play with.

This. I played 5 with a friend and it was a blast.

For more video games, I got Black Ops 3. After skipping like 5 COD games, it sure seems to be turning into Unreal Tournament.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Basic neutral shoes for the treadmill.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Quick reminder should anyone else wanna get in on this before it's over: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lacedrecords/hotline-miami-collectors-edition-vinyl

It's a real shame the HLM2 set is only floating around for between $2-300 now... :negative:

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Rolo posted:

You drive a Geo?

I have the 3 cylinder 1.0L EcoBoost Fiesta

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

some lower leg plates for playing foot-hockey

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

NotAnArtist posted:

they reduced the series to a mediocre corridor shooter, 5 at least had the pretense of puzzles and upgradeable guns as opposed to bogus skillsets. I still hold out hope that 7 is going to redeem the series but the bar's so low that could mean anything, like, "launched on time."

I guess I should have said: 5 is the decent one, really fun with a friend co-op.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

beefnoodle posted:

Basic neutral shoes for the treadmill.

On that: I'm looking for running / general gym shoes that will accommodate full-length orthotic inserts (without introducing any extra topography). Is "neutral" the right term to look for? If so, I'd appreciate suggestions on product lines/models. I'm pretty brand-agnostic, if that helps.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf posted:

oh and these

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scarf posted:

Lower leg plates for your lower legs.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Jerry Cotton posted:

Lower leg plates for your lower legs.

yes. technically middle lower legs.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Trabant posted:

On that: I'm looking for running / general gym shoes that will accommodate full-length orthotic inserts (without introducing any extra topography). Is "neutral" the right term to look for? If so, I'd appreciate suggestions on product lines/models. I'm pretty brand-agnostic, if that helps.

I would go to a running store with your inserts and have them help you find something compatible.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Scarf posted:

Just call them shin pads for fucks sake.

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

beefnoodle posted:

I would go to a running store with your inserts and have them help you find something compatible.

This, even without inserts the best thing I ever did for my running comfort was get fitted at a running store.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Shrapnig posted:

Just call them shin pads for fucks sake.

I thought that's what you did when you became a poo poo head soccer player. Purposefully call things by the wrong name. I.e. handegg.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Scarf posted:

I thought that's what you did when you became a poo poo head soccer player. Purposefully call things by the wrong name. I.e. handegg.

Na that's just american things

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

bummer dude posted:

This, even without inserts the best thing I ever did for my running comfort was get fitted at a running store.

I went to a running store one time to get walking shoes and they wanted me to run around the parking lot. I was like, "no you guys I just want walking shoes, if you want to watch me walk I'm game." I didn't get shoes that day. Welp that's my story.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Just bought ~2,000 sq.ft. of this:

Wood look ceramic tile. I tore up the old floors myself with one of these bad bitches:

I can't feel my hands anymore, my back and legs are killing me, what a terrible mistake. I'm having a professional install the floors.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

blarzgh posted:

Just bought ~2,000 sq.ft. of this:

Wood look ceramic tile. I tore up the old floors myself with one of these bad bitches:

I can't feel my hands anymore, my back and legs are killing me, what a terrible mistake. I'm having a professional install the floors.

Good call. I've done floors twice, but opted out for the most recent bamboo addition since it involved a hell of a lot of glue. Plus the installers did 1,200 square feet across 4 rooms in under 10 hours. It would have taken me insanely longer and it was one of the main floors with high traffic. If you can afford it - go professional.

Wood tile also looks cool - nice choice!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ragequit posted:

It would have taken me insanely longer and it was one of the main floors with high traffic. If you can afford it - go professional.

Yeah, last time I redid my floors, I essentially said "well I can plug away at this for an entire weekend or I can just call the guys up the street and they'll be done by lunch." It wasn't very expensive but was worth every drat penny.

I bought Sid Meier's Railroads! from GOG.com. GOG is pretty much my favorite website ever, ever :toot:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

Wood tile also looks cool - nice choice!
Thanks! The previous owners of the house had... really really bad taste. cheap carpet in the bedrooms, super-cheap linoleum in the kitchen and bathrooms, super-cheap laminate wood in the living room and guest bedroom (my office) and a terrible, textured roman ceramic tile walkway from the front door to the guest bedroom.

Oh, and stick-on wood print plastic tiles on top of the lovely linoleum in the laundry room. Thats right, 5 different kinds of lovely cheap floors in a 3/2.

thethirdman
Aug 8, 2007
Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins. Leave death to the professionals.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Bought a book written by the infamous Saparmyrat Turkmenbashy, one of the most infamous, totalitarian, and weird dictators of the late 20th century, titled Rukhmana. He later went on to rename a month of the year after it.

Wow, awesome, where'd you find it?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Skulpt Chisel, because I am a fat rear end and I like to see numbers go down / up.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I found a copy of this at a rummage sale for $1:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
LG 34UC98-W

That thing is amazing. My last monitor was a Dell U2710 from 2010 (also a great 2560x1440 monitor at the time), and that thing blows it away in nearly every way. Things really improved a lot in the last 5 years with higher-end IPS screens. IPS Glow is basically gone, everything looks a lot sharper and less smuged because of the better coating, backlight bleeding gone too, superthin bezels, bigger but lighter than my old one, LED instead of fluroscent light means less heat and less energy consumed. On the other hand it has "only" 10bit LUT instead of 12bit LUT, but in reality that doesn't matter at all outside of publishing or professional photo editing.
Games are absolutely amazing at 21:9 - I didn't think it would be that spectacular, but it really is.
Only downside is that Freesync only works in a very limited, basically useless range (55-75 Hz) and that 60 Hz apparently has become bad over the last 2 years and only scrubs have less than 144 Hz. Since I play very few FPS and even fewer competative multiplayer games I don't really care that much.

Also, dear manufacturers, don't pack supershort (< 1.5m) cables, that simply sucks. Had to buy a couple of new DP 1.2 and Dual-Link DVI cables (for the second monitor, apparently I only have Single-Link DVI lying around) to connect the stuff to my PC, which is under the table.

Decius has a new favorite as of 06:25 on Apr 6, 2016

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Moniter looks cool!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Syma X5-C Quadcopter

Surprisingly good for $45. Goes pretty fast, and high/far. It's fun to put on a show for people at the park.

Got a 5 pack of batteries so I can fly it for nearly an hour. I took off the prop guards and landing gear, and spray painted the back propellers to help orientate the direction.

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 07:01 on Apr 6, 2016

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

ChocNitty posted:

Syma X5-C Quadcopter

Surprisingly good for $45. Goes pretty fast, and high/far. It's fun to put on a show for people at the park.

Got a 5 pack of batteries so I can fly it for nearly an hour. I took off the prop guards and landing gear, and spray painted the back propellers to help orientate the direction.

Super good call on the spray paint. What I did with my old model plane was use purple for the bottom and orange for the top - it was 90's as gently caress and made it very easy to determine orientation. With a quadcopter, it might be good to leave the front half white as you did, and use different colors on the back half top and bottom to determine orientation and direction.

We sell multiple variants of these at work, with multiple price points, and they are definitely popular.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Picked up Fallout 4 for 50% off.

Couldn't really pass it up for that.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

Etrips posted:

Skulpt Chisel, because I am a fat rear end and I like to see numbers go down / up.

Are those in production/for sale yet? my understanding is that there was a huge backlog, but I haven't looked at them in 6 months or so.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Etrips posted:

Ooh, I hadn't heard about these. Grabbed one just now. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Fozzie Bear posted:

Are those in production/for sale yet? my understanding is that there was a huge backlog, but I haven't looked at them in 6 months or so.

They just started shipping a bunch out this month. I know a lot of people in one of my Facebook groups that I am in have received theirs already.