Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Leninboarrir posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/b2zzv

-Has girlfriend saved in his phone as "My Beautiful Sunshine"
-Interjects memes into casual text conversation with said girlfriend
-Draws memes on himself in lipstick

loving kill me

When imgur is calling something out as STDH, you know it's really beyond the pale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

poo poo that's probably happening

http://imgur.com/gallery/VruNjlT

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I'm sorry, there's just so much STDH tumblr

YOU GUYS

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Like you can just look up Sam and dean in the phone book

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't get the Sam and Dean part

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Jay Rust posted:

I don't get the Sam and Dean part

Here, let me help.

It's a variation on Dr. Who STDH.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh okay. Thanks

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

cash crab posted:

I'm sorry, there's just so much STDH tumblr

YOU GUYS

Okay, so, I already know the answer but...

why do so many of these tumblr (stdh)posts do both full capitalization AND a single run-on "sentence"? It can't just be an attempt at a sort of "stream-of-consciousness" writing style, right?

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

why do so many of these tumblr (stdh)posts do both full capitalization AND a single run-on "sentence"? It can't just be an attempt at a sort of "stream-of-consciousness" writing style, right?

OMG its so REAL and EMOTIVE because they LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN!!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Postal Parcel posted:

oH MY GOD I AM JUST SO EXCITED AND FREAKING OUT HERE BECAUSE THIS IS SUCH AN AMAZING EVEN THAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT loving NOW YOU GUYS, I LIKE LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN i'M CRYING

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I wish I lived in STDH-Land, where people just up and give you money when you do something they like

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet

Pththya-lyi posted:

I wish I lived in STDH-Land, where people just up and give you money when you do something they like

thats pretty much how art works though

and who are we to say that stdh isn't art?

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Indeed, Christians have suffered too long with not hearing music with their religious themes in retail/food establishments. They sure showed that guy who didn't want to hear it!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
He was probably offended because in general Christian Rock is just terrible music overall.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Joey Freshwater posted:

He was probably offended because in general Christian Rock is just terrible music overall.

One of the few times I agreed with a King of the Hill ep: "You're not making God cooler, you're making rock worse."

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

MariusLecter posted:

One of the few times I agreed with a King of the Hill ep: "You're not making God cooler, you're making rock worse."

Even South Park was right about Christian music.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Regarding the 'Jody' STDH, I was under the impression (though I'm not Amercian myself), that Army recruiters were pretty gung-ho? Like, lying and exaggerating to get people on board? I mean, that poo poo obviously did not happen, but wouold they really can/ditch a guy over an easily faked screencap?

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

GreenMetalSun posted:

Regarding the 'Jody' STDH, I was under the impression (though I'm not Amercian myself), that Army recruiters were pretty gung-ho? Like, lying and exaggerating to get people on board? I mean, that poo poo obviously did not happen, but wouold they really can/ditch a guy over an easily faked screencap?

I'm also not American but I think they lie about all the great benefits of being in the army. They wouldn't like someone who does something basically behind the back of other army dudes. Sleeping with the wife/girlfriend of one of your brothers-in-arms would be a big no-no.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Je suis fatigue posted:

I'm also not American but I think they lie about all the great benefits of being in the army. They wouldn't like someone who does something basically behind the back of other army dudes. Sleeping with the wife/girlfriend of one of your brothers-in-arms would be a big no-no.

Maybe, but just based on my admittedly anecdotal experience with the military men and women stationed in my state they loving love to cheat once they're past the recruiters.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Terminal Lance goes into it a good deal in his blog posts about how they promote marriage for the enlisted when they're still basically just a bunch of horny teenagers trying to save a buck.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm AOL

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Rick_Hunter posted:

Terminal Lance goes into it a good deal in his blog posts about how they promote marriage for the enlisted when they're still basically just a bunch of horny teenagers trying to save a buck.

But doesn't that cost the military more in dependent costs? Why would they promote something that costs them more?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

walrusman posted:

But doesn't that cost the military more in dependent costs? Why would they promote something that costs them more?

Intentional or not, it is exactly this cost, namely the various benefits and liberties that come from matrimony, which promotes it regardless of whether the soldiers in question are ready for it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GreenMetalSun posted:

Regarding the 'Jody' STDH, I was under the impression (though I'm not Amercian myself), that Army recruiters were pretty gung-ho? Like, lying and exaggerating to get people on board? I mean, that poo poo obviously did not happen, but wouold they really can/ditch a guy over an easily obviously faked screencap?

FTFY.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

walrusman posted:

It's a huge boon for retention. A military spouse is unlikely to find any meaningful employment when the household is forced to relocate every 2-4 years. Then it's easy to leverage the family's well-being against the soldier's selfish, selfish desire to enter the civilian world.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Intentional or not, it is exactly this cost, namely the various benefits and liberties that come from matrimony, which promotes it regardless of whether the soldiers in question are ready for it.

That is true if you took that "promotion" as unintentional, but Rick_Hunter makes it seem like a deliberate and nefarious scheme. I couldn't figure it out, except...

moths posted:

It's a huge boon for retention. A military spouse is unlikely to find any meaningful employment when the household is forced to relocate every 2-4 years. Then it's easy to leverage the family's well-being against the soldier's selfish, selfish desire to enter the civilian world.

...this makes a ton of sense and aligns with my observations. Thanks!

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
my gay thoughts stopped

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Nonviolent J posted:

my gay thoughts stopped

Along with all my other thoughts, thanks to the lobotomy.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nonviolent J posted:

my gay thoughts stopped
I love my dead gay thoughts.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Splicer posted:

I love my dead gay thoughts.

dead gay, son what

Mullitt
Jun 27, 2008
Have you guys ever met a real life Beastmaster?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mullitt posted:

"I was singing and deer came over and chilled with me"

Where does he go to find these crunk rear end party deer?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Mullitt posted:

Please help my dog is my only meaningful interaction every day

Golden Goat posted:

Literally disney princess

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Mullitt posted:

Frank is just some poor dude who came over for what he thought was going to be sexy bondage fun until her hallucinations convinced her that he was actually a dog. He hasn't figured out a way to escape yet without provoking her, so he tries to keep her happy in the hopes that he can escape into the Appalachian Trail during her poorly planned "live off the land" trip before she starts missing her stable office job and bed.

Enfys has a new favorite as of 17:21 on Apr 7, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Somehow I can believe that this guy's dog is just as smart as he is :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mullitt posted:

Dogs are wicked smart, some guy taught his dog like two dozen words and can even talk to him in simple sentences and the dog seems to get it.

Not this guy though, this guy's a moron. So much cognitive bias. And lol at "I'm a scientist, I test with more vigor than most!"

Golden Goat posted:

I live in Austin and the deer around here simply don't give a gently caress. They'll walk right up to you and eat corn out of your hand. They'll much on your bushes while you yell at them. They'll even eat roses and thorny plants that are supposedly "deer safe". They've gotten really used to living next door to humans and simply don't give a gently caress anymore.

• Locked thread