Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm not currently using the kettles because every goddamn monk on the server started using them after I did and I have to be a special snowflake damnit.

And also because my glamour for the longest time had been Sphairai Nexus and they look p similar mid fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Isn't there an emperor's new fisticuffs?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So, there's really no reason to keep the robots separated in M4N. They don't cleave, and Swindler has that proximity buff but I don't think it actually buffs her in normal. So I tried stacking them today, and people completely lost their poo poo. We wiped because people were too busy typing angry words at me. I think this is my new Bone Zone.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fister Roboto posted:

So, there's really no reason to keep the robots separated in M4N. They don't cleave, and Swindler has that proximity buff but I don't think it actually buffs her in normal. So I tried stacking them today, and people completely lost their poo poo. We wiped because people were too busy typing angry words at me. I think this is my new Bone Zone.
You are the wind beneath my wings and I wish I was a tank so I could do this.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
There is a reason to keep them separate: the tanks are valid targets for Hailstorm/Magma missiles.

That's it though, but I've had more luck not stacking them than stacking them (especially in Melee heavy parties.)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Any scholar / summoner should absolutely want their tank to stack them. That's free dps right there.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

my biggest peeve is how people don't loving kill vortexer first

those aoe pools are SO ANNOYING

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

ilifinicus posted:

Seriously. Brawler only does single/double buster there which is practically harmless.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

killstealing posted:

What's the eta on getting a 230 relic with zero relic stuff done?

If you have your 2.0 beast tribe rep maxxed out, a month or two without heavy grinding. Otherwise, months without some fun-killing super poopsocking. The 210 relic step is more grinding than the Nexus step of the Zodiac weapon.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ilifinicus posted:

For the first couple weeks your chances of getting a tank who understands brawler was a 50/50 so people would rush to kill it before it gives the tank many chances to gently caress up, and I guess it stuck.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

If there is no point in keeping them separated, why not let one tank take both and let the OT focus on DPSing? I don't remember them hitting especially hard.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
I'm almost certain the robots get some buff if they're too close to one another in M4N

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Warren posted:

I'm almost certain the robots get some buff if they're too close to one another in M4N
Swindler has Allied Arithmetics which does basically nothing in casual mode

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Tenik posted:

If there is no point in keeping them separated, why not let one tank take both and let the OT focus on DPSing? I don't remember them hitting especially hard.

Tank Buster + 2 Auto's does hurt really hard actually. It's around 22k damage before CD's on a PLD.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Bobfly posted:

Isn't there an emperor's new fisticuffs?
There indeed is.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

a kitten posted:

If you subscribe for three years you apparently get some sweet jeans.

I just ran into this person or someone else dressed exactly like this in A8N although they were a Warrior. Inspired by the recent talk I made sure to mark vortexer to be killed first and the tanks kept the robots close to eachother for the most part. It actually worked out really well, I think.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 6, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

That's actually how this line of thought started for me. I was wondering why people always kill Brawler first, and then I thought, hey wait, why do people keep the robots on opposite sides of the room?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
There's zero reason to tank them together if you're killing Vortexer first (letting the Brawler tank stay stationary is very helpful), but it's basically the same pile of poo poo if they're being tanked together vs killing Brawler solo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There's a great reason to tank them together, it's called AOE damage. Even if you're focusing one down, there's a lot of incidental splash damage that almost every class uses as part of their single target rotation, like geirskogul or elixir field.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

[20:57]Unable to obtain the Midan ring of slaying.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nice!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I noticed that the 230 BLM anima weapon still doesn't have spellspeed; does that make it worse than the lore weapon? It's like 80 spellspeed vs 109 det or something.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's slightly worse than the lore weapon. If you already have the 210 anima, you might as well do it because this step is easy and they say the next step will involve stat customization.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

It's slightly worse than the lore weapon. If you already have the 210 anima, you might as well do it because this step is easy and they say the next step will involve stat customization.

Oh, I'm definitely going to do it, just wondering if it's worth buying the lore weapon as well or if I should spend it on other stuff.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

vOv posted:

Oh, I'm definitely going to do it, just wondering if it's worth buying the lore weapon as well or if I should spend it on other stuff.

Buy lore weapon for a different job.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Fister Roboto posted:

:suicide:

BETTER START STOCKPILING THAT MATERIA, FOLKS.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It's a good thing you've all been saving up your Mhachi Matters, right?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Relatedly, I picked up a Eikon Leather Corselet of Casting, and the stats are...incredibly good for an i220 item for BLMs. Melded to hit the crit cap (which is easy, two Vs and a III) it's weighted higher than even the Augmented Hailstorm Coat, though not as high as the Midan Coat. So if you're a BLM and you aren't planning to do A8S any time soon, it's the next best thing!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

They said in the live letter that it wont involve Alexandrite or Materia.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Tamba posted:

Watch it require Huge Materia, made from a fusion of 10 Level V Materia and Dark Divinity Matter, won from doing Odin and a ton of other Hard Mode bosses 10 times.

Nah, too easy, they'll think of something, though.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

vOv posted:

It's a good thing you've all been saving up your Mhachi Matters, right?

Actually, yes. In this one particular instance, my indecision is serving me well, ironically.

Tamba posted:

I'll believe it when I see it.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 6, 2016

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

The Grimace posted:

Watch it require Huge Materia, made from a fusion of 10 Level V Materia and Dark Divinity Matter, won from doing Odin and a ton of other Hard Mode bosses 10 times.

Nah, too easy, they'll think of something, though.

10 Levi and ramuh EX clears per drop, 5 drops needed from each.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Mithross posted:

Don't. Just loving don't.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

They'll require a pony materia, which you can only get by winning a 2.0 primal pony, bonding with it by going on a 2.0 style sightseeing log road trip, then sacrificing it.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Uhmm the obvious answer is that we're gonna create aether training biscuits out of soulglazed light aether for the anima

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
No. They're going to send us back to.... Diadem.

And not just any Diadem. BUT HARD MODE.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Nah, they're going to make it as an item that's a prize for coming first place in both Triple Triad and Lords of Verminion tournaments.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
How can I add all the +10'ers in here in game?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Nah, they're going to make it as an item that's a prize for coming first place in both Triple Triad and Lords of Verminion tournaments.

Woah, calm down, Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

I still need my Levi pony so I could dig this

• Locked thread