Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Man whenever I hear about that lake house I always think of that party he threw that Robin showed up at and him telling that awful story about the chick that gave him a lapdance and how he just wanted to take a shower the entire time the party was going on. Only he was really just doing drugs in his room. I remember rolling my eyes while he told that story for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Artie said on his show a couple weeks ago that he sold that place, unless this isn't his beach house.

Former Human posted:

Doesn't Artie do his podcast from his house? Or is this a different one?

He has a condo in Hoboken he does it from.

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 2, 2016

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Doesn't Artie do his podcast from his house? Or is this a different one?

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
Speaking of Todd Packer compilations, I was listening to the Sal one and within the first minute of his first ever in studio appearance, he claims he is "personal friends with the Beastie Boys." Good ol Boiler Room bullshit Sal

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Snark posted:

Speaking of Todd Packer compilations, I was listening to the Sal one and within the first minute of his first ever in studio appearance, he claims he is "personal friends with the Beastie Boys." Good ol Boiler Room bullshit Sal

A buddy of mine spent 3 months as a roadie for a local rock band that was only popular in the town we grew up in. Even today he acts like he's BFFs with all of them even though they broke up 20 years ago. Some of the guys own a music store now and he doesn't know why they won't give him "friend prices" on gear.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Isn't there a goon in here that lives in the same town as Artie's shorehouse?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Was Artie's lake/shorehouse that McMansion that was part of a really cramped neighborhood that was jammed out on some really tiny peninsula on the Atlantic? The one he bought and then a few years later just couldn't sell because nobody would buy it and it was really crampled on the inside as well?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Found perusing the gifs subreddit under the title "I dont know what this is or why it exists but I wanted to share it."

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Was Artie's lake/shorehouse that McMansion that was part of a really cramped neighborhood that was jammed out on some really tiny peninsula on the Atlantic? The one he bought and then a few years later just couldn't sell because nobody would buy it and it was really crampled on the inside as well?

Yup, its like way overpriced for the neighborhood too.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I remember him being so mad that the guy wasn't an "official" measurer, like the company that makes Realdolls needs to employ an in-house full-time measurer for some reason.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Those loving hands

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jose Oquendo posted:

Those loving hands

like squeezing a rotten plum

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
His bitterness towards people with not-hosed-up fingers really shined through when he threatened to fly to New York and break all of Fred's fingers.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JB50 posted:

Yup, its like way overpriced for the neighborhood too.

I wonder how much of a loss he took on it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I wonder how much of a loss he took on it.

He listed it at like 3.5 mil and came all the way down to 1.5 years later, so between that and taxes and upkeep he probably lost his rear end on it.

Found this on Dawgshed so take it with a grain of salt:

quote:

Friend of mine is connected in the Jersey Shore Realty. Says it will sell for low to mid 900,000. House is located below the flood plain, suffered damage from Sandy. Property Taxes are 40,000.00 per year.

Sounds like he hasnt even sold it yet.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 4, 2016

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JB50 posted:

He listed it at like 3.5 mil and came all the way down to 1.5 years later, so between that and taxes and upkeep he probably lost his rear end on it.

Found this on Dawgshed so take it with a grain of salt:

Sounds like he hasnt even sold it yet.

Hope he didn't pay it off at once. Let the bank take it at that point.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

WE
SPEAK
YOUR
NAME

(Thanks)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

2006-06-05:

ETM: Howard, I'm not (sleeping with Tabitha Stevens). I don't want to be with someone who has a list of partners longer than 'War and Peace'.

So... yeah, that totally explains The Bunny Ranch. :colbert:

EDIT: Oh poo poo, that clip from that day is also the very first time 'flying with balloons' was ever brought up. Wow :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 4, 2016

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That was also the period in his life where he thought he could bag Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood if the show set up a date for him. He was beyond delusional back then and I think Fratto eventually pounded it into his head he was never going to get laid ever because even nice girls aren't that generous when it comes to loving horrible monsters so he just resigned himself to whores or virgin-for-life and the choice became easy.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Good Jackie the puppet video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfV4mTzhQg8

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Tom is the best here.

"well Nancy and I discussed it, and if I have to back to the mattresses then I will"

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Anytime Billy says "weeed" with such glee is my favorite.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

jase1 posted:

Anytime Billy says "weeed" with such glee is my favorite.

His deadpan Jackie "Jimsen" gets me every time

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Here's the above video in something more than 4 colors and also the original presentation of the puppet from a fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agF66h4ZrYg

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

2006-06-05:

ETM: Howard, I'm not (sleeping with Tabitha Stevens). I don't want to be with someone who has a list of partners longer than 'War and Peace'.

EDIT: Oh poo poo, that clip from that day is also the very first time 'flying with balloons' was ever brought up. Wow :allears:

To be fair, he's saying this from the perspective of someone who's never had pussy.

Notice his galavanting around the Ranch after that happened!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cliche Guevara posted:

To be fair, he's saying this from the perspective of someone who's never had pussy.

Man, I wish he was still around for more ball busting.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

2006-06-05:

Crotch Bat posted:

That was also the period in his life where he thought he could bag Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood if the show set up a date for him. He was beyond delusional back then and I think Fratto eventually pounded it into his head he was never going to get laid ever because even nice girls aren't that generous when it comes to loving horrible monsters so he just resigned himself to whores or virgin-for-life and the choice became easy.

Note that this is another occasion where Eric can go for a bad situation, refuses, and goes into an even worse one before. Keep in mind that when someone was finally suckered into loving the loser, it was Air Force Amy and he even went down on her. Guess that big ol' list doesn't matter when he's in breathing distance of getting some.

He was delusional as hell. He was stupid enough to think that going for a meet-and-greet was the same as going on a first date. And there was really no choice for Eric: he was going to jump at any woman who offered. Just nobody wanted to because emotionally and mentally he was a greasy pervert.

Cliche Guevara posted:

And recall that he got upset when someone brought up that the two hookers didn't really care for him. That was loving hilarious: "I don't want to gently caress her, she has slept with so many guys that DON'T TELL ME THOSE HOOKERS DIDN'T LOVE ME!" It would be a Louie DePalma level of sad if Eric wasn't such a loathsome little bag of fat.

Man, I wish he was still around for more ball busting.

I get the feeling that if he had pulled through for another decade we would have finally gotten some real gem that his family is glad never made it on the air. Maybe something about the lakehouse or Eric being a failed abortion from a rape or something.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

To be frank, if you were eric, and exceeded every life expectancy prediction given to you, what would stop you from giving oral sex to a bunny rancher?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

parthenocarpy posted:

To be frank, if you were eric, and exceeded every life expectancy prediction given to you, what would stop you from giving oral sex to a bunny rancher?

Dignity?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

parthenocarpy posted:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Yeah I think after he enthusiastically engaged in phone sex with "Carrie Underwood" after speaking on the phone to her for all of two minutes, and had that played endlessly on the air, a lot of his concern about dignity had to have disappeared.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Artie has no new jokes or stories at all, right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxuoDU0mllk

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

While I agree...
The whole show is about comedians telling stories....and this is Artie's best story. (Well, ash Wednesday maybe)

He does seem sober and pretty with it...so theres that I guess..

Its so much better with Fred's drops...the car screeching away in particular.

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 5, 2016

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

Yeah I think after he enthusiastically engaged in phone sex with "Carrie Underwood" after speaking on the phone to her for all of two minutes, and had that played endlessly on the air, a lot of his concern about dignity had to have disappeared.

I think Eric was told was dignity was but didn't know what it was. This is a guy who raised holy hell about being a realdoll and flying with balloons but never thought that taking pics of his dick or allowing pics of himself on the Bunny Ranch website were that big of a deal (his main objection to the Bunny Ranch pictures was that the show promoted them instead of them being there). Then again, this plays into how his empathy was poo poo.

He wasn't a very bright person at all. In any other case, having the show unleashed on him would seem senselessly cruel. But he was so obnoxious and arrogant that he got everything he deserved.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

FogHelmut posted:

That show asked him to do that story specifically, so he did it. :shrug:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I'd rather listen to Artie tell old stories than hear him do any new stand up, considering he literally put my brother to sleep when we saw him.

I've been listening to the Gary Sleeping saga and man, if Scott Depace wasn't putting it on for the show in that, he truly is a piece of garbage. For those who don't remember the story, Gary had a camera in his office that was always on because Depace and Goodstein couldn't figure out how to make a camera turn on and off when his mic was on for the show. They caught him napping on the job and gave the footage to Howard. They had made a agreement that they could have the camera running at all times as long as they only use footage when he is speaking on the show. This blew up into a big thing where it gets diverted from how Gary slept on the job, to how Depace is a complete lowlife.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Scott Depace isn't just a piece of human garbage, he thinks he is one of the good guys.

Always unapologetically parroting Fox News on a wide variety of topics that he didn't understand.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I had heard that whole thing before, but a refresher is always appreciated, boff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQzbgzG7yIg

gently caress Scott Depace. And what the gently caress was up with him not thinking that there's ANY value in learning to play an instrument? :psyduck:

GodDAMN, man.

EDIT: Hahaha, I had never seen this before. Fuuuuuuuuuuck Depace. Jesus loving christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek-G_TYvyck

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
My favorite DePace story was in 1994 (when he joined) - he wandered into Lucky Chengs, a notorious drag bar in NYC and was caught smooching a dude in drag. It was great because he was pissed yet, defensive in that 'if you saw what she looked like' as if it was not a dude...hilarity. Someone find that clip!

edit hahahah!
http://youtu.be/sPokDsfhWI8