Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Mithross posted:

10 Levi and ramuh EX clears per drop, 5 drops needed from each.

That would actually be fairly painless so long as they dropped unsynced. Plus you'd only want 3-5 people so it would be easier to organize too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

vOv posted:

It's a good thing you've all been saving up your Mhachi Matters, right?
Well, obviously. No sense selling those material for gil when the beast tribe money train is a-rolling. And somehow it still manages to roll, though prices on IV are definitely dropping.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Relatedly, I picked up a Eikon Leather Corselet of Casting, and the stats are...incredibly good for an i220 item for BLMs. Melded to hit the crit cap (which is easy, two Vs and a III) it's weighted higher than even the Augmented Hailstorm Coat, though not as high as the Midan Coat. So if you're a BLM and you aren't planning to do A8S any time soon, it's the next best thing!
Yep. Lore pants and ring are great but pentamelded Eikon beats everything below 240 in every other slot, and the coat in particular is really good! (Mostly because its competition suuuuucks - stupid Hailstorm Coat stats.)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
LeviEX isn't that bad unless you take a couple dummies. Ramuh EX though...gently caress off. I don't think I knew what was going on at any point.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SonicRulez posted:

LeviEX isn't that bad unless you take a couple dummies. Ramuh EX though...gently caress off. I don't think I knew what was going on at any point.
If you get shocked, get someone else to hit you with the lightning circle attack. If you get tethered, pick up three shock balls. If you're a tank, also pick up three shock balls, you "need" to resist his tankbuster (dunno if you still do with i230 gear). Kill adds before Judgment Bolt. Isn't that it? What am I forgetting?

e: RIGHT. Also, water conducts electricity.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 6, 2016

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If you get shocked, get someone else to hit you with the lightning circle attack. If you get tethered, pick up three shock balls. If you're a tank, also pick up three shock balls, you "need" to resist his tankbuster (dunno if you still do with i230 gear). Kill adds before Judgment Bolt. Isn't that it? What am I forgetting?

You forgot the shockingly difficult "don't stand in the water when lightning circles go out".

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone can tank ramuh easily now with 3 stacks, but he'll still blow up anything, including tanks in i230 gear, if you don't get the resistance.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Hey, TPT, can we get someone in to fix the sinkhole under the stable?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Leofish posted:

Hey, TPT, can we get someone in to fix the sinkhole under the stable?

You put enough chocobos in that stable, and the problem solves itself eventually.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ramuh is easily the most annoying EX boss, and it doesn't have to be. Stuff that ruins it:

- Tank not getting surge protection right away
- Melee DPS deciding to fight next to the tank and getting hit by the tankbuster
- A SMN forgets to move their pet off Ramuh at the add phase and pushes him into engrage
- People being assholes about not shocking people out of fear (thankfully you can adlo / stoneskin a feared person and they can usually survive the shock attack at 60)

That said, if the next phase included Heavensward primals, I'd probably be okay with that. Ravana and Bismarck are pretty easy now.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Next phase involves HW ex primals, but you have to solo queue for them.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mymla posted:

Next phase involves HW ex primals, but you have to solo queue for them.

And Thordan will be the most efficient.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Another common Ramuh pain point is people being overaggressive about cleaning up orbs, resulting in not enough orbs for tanks (esp. when dual tanking) or tethers. This wasn't that big a deal even at 50 until you had like 6+ lying around, and unsynced you hardly need to worry about it at all. Generally leave at least one orb lying around in the vicinity of the tank, and maybe 3 or 4 lying around otherwise for any other purposes that are needed, and clean up extras beyond that. Unsync, you can leave even more lying around than that, it won't be a problem.

You still run into this pain point in HM, which is extra amusing since orbs lying around either do nothing or basically nothing in HM, and they're really just used for breaking tethers since the tank buff also isn't a thing there. And there are only 2 orbs per round in HM, so if you have some well-meaning dipshit who's too used to EX cleaning them all up, and tether people grabbing orbs before seeing if there are even 3 to grab... Granted, of course, it's HM so that won't kill you even if two people stay tethered the whole fight, but it's still annoying.

Zapping is much easier to coordinate with more like 3-5 people instead of 8, since it's more likely that any given person gets a thunderstorm circle to zap with. Both zapping and tether-breaking benefit appreciably from voice chat, though you can always go with the old numbering method if you really want.

For tether-breaking, it helps to know the sequence of events:
- Tether goes out
- People get marked for terror
- Terror goes out
- Thunderstorm goes out, terrored people hopefully get zapped
- Thunderstorm creates 4 orbs, break tether with those

It is possible to break tether with pre-existing orbs right after it goes out, but it seems like half the time when someone tries to do that, they get marked for terror and (unless they're very quick about grabbing orbs) just waste 1 or 2 orbs and have their stack fall off before they get to 3 anyway.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Was there ever a reason to run Ultima EX over and over?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

seiferguy posted:

Was there ever a reason to run Ultima EX over and over?

Didn't it have BiS accessories for a while?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Let's see, it came out in 2.1 when the cap was i90. It offered i80 necks and rings, while the first trio of ex primals offered i90 rings (Garuda), earrings (Titan), and bracelets (Ifrit). Notably, all of these were in unlimited supply - setting aside the difficulty at the time of actually killing them - while other i90 options from tomes and coil were still subject to weekly limits.

That said, your main would have had all of 2.0 to stockpile tomestones (and maybe run some coil), so chances are they were already geared in i90 accessories as it was. But it was still useful for a. gearing alt jobs and b. possibly better secondary stat options than the competition.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Verranicus posted:

Didn't it have BiS accessories for a while?

Nope. It only dropped i80 accessories when all of the other accessories in the game (first coil, Myth, and from the first three extreme primals) were i90.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
As I was telling people last night, with Levi EX, yo, you need to freaking slow your roll post 51%. Otherwise he just pushes through three mechanics, phase changes, and you die.

Getting people to ease up on their DPS? Surprisingly hard. Telling them to just stop DPS entirely, much easier.

There's a reason why farm parties of it tend to go with 5 or 6 people instead of 8 these days.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Nah, they're going to make it as an item that's a prize for coming first place in both Triple Triad and Lords of Verminion tournaments.

if SE did this the tears would be endless

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I got my weapon drop the first time I ever cleared Levi Ex in 2.4(?) and my pony drop the second time, later that same day. I've never stepped foot back in it. :laugh:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

As I was telling people last night, with Levi EX, yo, you need to freaking slow your roll post 51%. Otherwise he just pushes through three mechanics, phase changes, and you die.

Getting people to ease up on their DPS? Surprisingly hard. Telling them to just stop DPS entirely, much easier.

There's a reason why farm parties of it tend to go with 5 or 6 people instead of 8 these days.

It's easy enough synced to 50 that running it unsynced just overcomplicates it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Unsynched you can run it with a light party though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
To get stat allocation items you will have to get them from coming in first place in chocobo races and the drop is not guaranteed.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I did some Chocobo races for MGP to finish off my Tortoise and I was blown away by how awful and janky the whole experience is.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The clear solution is to run with an all-tank party.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

nuru posted:

I did some Chocobo races for MGP to finish off my Tortoise and I was blown away by how awful and janky the whole experience is.

It used to be worse. They neutered NPC AI in races with the latest patch. At least the experience boosts allow your chocobo to rank up pretty dang quickly. About 45 minutes of racing for me got me from 1 to 20.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Chocobo Racing with a fair skies blend rather than the Seattle rain-friendly blend is night and day. And the nights are painful and rainy and your stamina is 0 mid-course.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

nuru posted:

Part of that awfulness is by design. There's a stat that makes your chocobo actually respond when you tell it to do things. This doesn't make it less awful, but at least you know now that someone actually planned out your suffering.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Also it's the only thing in the game where your commands are read server-side instead of client-side. Which means people are actually where they appear to be, since that's important for racing, but there's some input lag involved.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Nah, they're going to make it as an item that's a prize for coming first place in both Triple Triad and Lords of Verminion tournaments.

Luckily since the golden saucer is straight up not in the Chinese version of the game, it's never going to be required for relics.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What happened China? You used to be cool.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

Mithross posted:

Part of that awfulness is by design. There's a stat that makes your chocobo actually respond when you tell it to do things. This doesn't make it less awful, but at least you know now that someone actually planned out your suffering.

This is not true, said stat does not exist.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ohtsam posted:

Luckily since the golden saucer is straight up not in the Chinese version of the game, it's never going to be required for relics.

Interesting. Did they say why that was?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gambling is illegal in China, even fake gambling in fake games.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
The PAX East schedule is live and Yoshi-P and Koji Fox have a panel. Guess they're not blowing off PAX (or at least PAX East) in favor of Fanfest.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The FF14Forums.txt account is starting to show up in more places.

https://twitter.com/FFXIV_Memes/status/717679162337599488

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/716475457764519937

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

EvilElmo posted:

How can I add all the +10'ers in here in game?

Create a Linkshell, give it a stupid Aussie themed name then ask ppl to identify themselves in FC chat, then invite them to said linkshell. or, add them to your friends list, but there is no friends only chat.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Does this Midan gear business mean that it takes 7 weeks to get your Lore weapon?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I might be wrong, but I feel like you can still hammer it in as long as people intelligently stop for adds and push the button. I remember in farming my LeviPony there was a tank who was ultra insistent on not pushing phases and I rolled with it because it made sense. I helped someone get a clear a little while back and no such thing happened though. We made it through.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

SonicRulez posted:

Does this Midan gear business mean that it takes 7 weeks to get your Lore weapon?

That is exactly what it means. A lot of us will be getting our weapon at some point this week. Or if you're crazy like me you earned yourself over 300 lore yesterday to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

SonicRulez posted:

Either that, or you head into Midas Savage to get your tomestone early, yes.

• Locked thread