Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

So today I was a PL for a VBS3 stryker mission, basically a lovely simulator/video game. I got my platoon in formation and suddenly my stryker stops working for some random reason. It then magically teleports 2km away and somehow starts working again. I drive back to my platoon and seconds after telling the CO we're good to go two of my strykers, 100m apart, levitate 15 feet in the air and then collide at like mach 2 and of course both of them explode killing all occupants. The MGS attached to my platoon then starts sinking into the ground until only the turret is above ground. I'm assuming the Army spent a shitton of money developing this steaming turd of a simulator.

Also noticed today on facebook that a guy I went to basic with is now an E2, he was a SPC while we were in basic. He's some medical MOS, wonder what the gently caress he did.

arma

arma never changes :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Aranan posted:

Don't loving forge anything. Get a profile and laugh at the unit.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Ace of Baes posted:

Yeah i wasnt planning on it, despite my psg wink wink nudge nudging about "producing one" right after I told him I didnt have a current one. Im wondering if they can use lack of a current pt card as a reason to deny my terminal leave, because it would gently caress me over as my terminal ends a week before my first semester at the uni i got accepted into.

Leave is a right, not a privilege. Terminal or not. They can't do poo poo.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
Is anyone else old enough to have used that super nintendo army shooting trainer? It was basically a less fun version of duck hunt with an M16.

edit: http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=0901

M.A.C.S. multi-purpose arcade combat simulator hooooooooooah

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yep, had it in our platoon bay for most of basic training. I've related the story before, we had one very loving stupid guy named Cousins who looked like a caveman. Incredibly book smart but no clue about people or any common sense. Thinking about it now I'm pretty sure he was a sperg or mildly autistic. He didn't understand that you had to line up the front AND rear sight posts. We found this out because the idiot couldn't loving qualify with his rifle to save his life. So he was forced to play that game every single day to make sure he could get a passing score when we went to the range again.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mike-o posted:

Yep, had it in our platoon bay for most of basic training. I've related the story before, we had one very loving stupid guy named Cousins who looked like a caveman. Incredibly book smart but no clue about people or any common sense. Thinking about it now I'm pretty sure he was a sperg or mildly autistic. He didn't understand that you had to line up the front AND rear sight posts. We found this out because the idiot couldn't loving qualify with his rifle to save his life. So he was forced to play that game every single day to make sure he could get a passing score when we went to the range again.

One thing I'll say about COD is that teenagers these days know what a sight picture is supposed to look like.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

RichieHimself posted:

Is anyone else old enough to have used that super nintendo army shooting trainer? It was basically a less fun version of duck hunt with an M16.

edit: http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=0901

M.A.C.S. multi-purpose arcade combat simulator hooooooooooah

yeah

it was really lovely

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

spacetoaster posted:

One thing I'll say about COD is that teenagers these days know what a sight picture is supposed to look like.

:lol::lol::lol:

Every range I got dragged to begs to differ.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

spacetoaster posted:

Dude I knew in Pensacola was having the hardest loving time at the range for no perceivable reason, then one day a few of us were playing (a newly pirated) game of Delta Force: Blackhawk Down when dude is running around with the M16 and says "What the poo poo, it doesn't look like this when you aim?!" The rest of us in the room just stared at him and argued with him that this was most likely why he was lucky to get the pizza box

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

Every range I got dragged to begs to differ.

Well, I didn't say it made them shoot great. They at least understand what it's supposed to look like.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Well, I didn't say it made them shoot great. They at least understand what it's supposed to look like.

Aiming is for scrubs 360 noscope e'eryday son

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Had that bitch in a cabinet at basic training in TYOOL 2003.

real bad

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I was a first time qualifier but you know when you're an SOF like me who also got EXPERT on GRENADE then it's just kinda expected that I am good at whatever I do.

Except feelings.... I'm still only marksman with feelings...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I have a pizza box right now because I got a double feed twice in one iteration and it jammed like 3 times after that. Ended up not having enough time to fix both the loving feeds and shoot the targets. I qualified pizza boy, and said gently caress it to trying to go back to change it.

I got 2 german schutzenshnurs and a dutch pistol marksmanship badge. So it's not like I don't have the ability.

That Netherlands pistol badge was hardcore. Essentially you fire twenty rounds, you miss twice and you fail. You do it from all types of situations but the one that was hardest was lying in the prone, pistol holstered but not locked. In 3 seconds you had to pull the pistol out, chamber a round, and then shoot at a target twice and hit it. You'd think it sounds a tad easy but I saw a couple of dudes who literally could not get it out and chamber in those 3 seconds.

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Shuttle of joy never forget.

Mustang posted:

I looked at Tacoma on google street view and immediately thought "gently caress that place". As much as I'd like to live closer to Seattle Tacoma is too lovely.

Narrowed it down to some apartments and townhomes I want to check out once I get in the area, all located in either Lacey or eastern Olympia.

Don't rule Tacoma out. Tacoma sucks below Division Ave/6th Ave but is pretty nice above it. Plus 6th Ave has tons of good bars and restaurants. When people think of Tacoma being sketchy they're usually thinking of south Tacoma (which is basically Lakewood 2). There are nice places downtown, too, and you've got easy access to I-5 to get down to post from there or 6th Ave. I live in North Tacoma and it takes me about 25 minutes to get to work and about 35 with the JBLM traffic in the afternoon.

If you're not married/have a family I don't know why you'd live in Lacey or Olympia. Not a ton to do. Tacoma has much easier access to Seattle, Crystal Mountain if you want to ski, good paths along the sound to run/bike, and much more in the way of nightlife. Same with Dupont - you might as well live on post if you're living there, as literally every single person in Dupont is from JBLM.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Tacoma is the armpit of Washington. Smdftb if you think otherwise. Lived there for a year.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It is the armpit, but he's not wrong in that the north area of Tacoma (Ruston Way) is actually pretty nice. Parkland, Pacific Ave, anything that borders Lakewood is a shithole. Lakewood is also a shithole for the most part, but Steilacoom is nice (I grew up there) and University Place is too.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

If you do go t Tacoma, check out Dukes chowder house. Place is loving awesome.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Soulex posted:

I have a pizza box right now because I got a double feed twice in one iteration and it jammed like 3 times after that. Ended up not having enough time to fix both the loving feeds and shoot the targets. I qualified pizza boy, and said gently caress it to trying to go back to change it.

maybe you should clean your loving rifle you shitbag!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Double feeds are more likely due to lovely mags than the rifle. :eng101:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Just found out the first female combat arms officers will start showing up in June, almost wish I could be here to hear all the bitching.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mustang posted:

Just found out the first female combat arms officers will start showing up in June, almost wish I could be here to hear all the bitching.

Based on the unchecked bitching about it in the echo-chamber of the infantry smoke pit, it will be an utter poo poo show for everyone involved.

It's glorious how pissed off and "I'm not sexist but..." type bitching you get.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I can't wait for the next war :allears:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I can't wait for the next war :allears:

We gotta finish this forever war first.

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Soulex posted:

If you do go t Tacoma, check out Dukes chowder house. Place is loving awesome.

Agreed. Place has good food and is right on the water. The rest of the places on the water near it suck though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The Rat posted:

This. I switched rifles at one point with the same issue. I also like keeping my rifle clean but not spotless cause that poo poo can cause issues too.

Kikuchiyo posted:

Agreed. Place has good food and is right on the water. The rest of the places on the water near it suck though.

For real. I'd avoid the Ram. It's supposed to be the "Micro Brew and Burger" joint but I always feel like a greasy mess after I eat there. And their "Oktoberfest" beer was a goddamn travesty.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Army phasing out sit-ups due to spine injuries. The moment the first person complains about my profile I'm going to link them to that and tell them to SMDFTB.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

psydude posted:

Army phasing out sit-ups due to spine injuries. The moment the first person complains about my profile I'm going to link them to that and tell them to SMDFTB.

Yes! Finally.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

The Rat posted:

That's why you hoard favors like Smaug and have the ammo detail guys load the PMAGs the armorer gave you.

psydude posted:

loving horse bolted long enough ago that its descendants have evolved a space-faring society, and now you think to close the barn door...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

quote:

DECEMBER 23, 2015

http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/03/army-times-50th-apft-cover-story/

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

True, although this was posted not on Army Times, but the blog of an actual medical research institute so I'm slightly more inclined to believe it. Especially now that SMA Chandler has been put out to pasture.

psydude fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 7, 2016

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

That's why you hoard favors like Smaug and have the ammo detail guys load the PMAGs the armorer gave you.

Gotta say, it's pretty awesome not having to use beat up old GI mags that have been passed around since the Vietnam war.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
APFT is never gonna change, no matter how stupid it is.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
All right so looking at Tacoma, it's the 6th Ave on that little peninsula? Been looking at apartments in that area that are pretty nice.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Aranan posted:

APFT is never gonna change, no matter how stupid it is.

Do you not remember the run, dodge, jump?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

For real. I'd avoid the Ram. It's supposed to be the "Micro Brew and Burger" joint but I always feel like a greasy mess after I eat there. And their "Oktoberfest" beer was a goddamn travesty.

The Ram is like the Sam Adam's of micro brew burger joints. Take that as you will

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

The Rat posted:

Gotta say, it's pretty awesome not having to use beat up old GI mags that have been passed around since the Vietnam war.

I felt bad for the poor motherfuckers that got the black follower mags somehow, I didn't even know they still existed until I saw someone have a full on mental breakdown at the firing line because of one after his poo poo just jammed non-stop.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Soulex posted:

This. I switched rifles at one point with the same issue. I also like keeping my rifle clean but not spotless cause that poo poo can cause issues too.

how many rounds were you loading in them bad boys?

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Mustang posted:

All right so looking at Tacoma, it's the 6th Ave on that little peninsula? Been looking at apartments in that area that are pretty nice.

Yeah, North of 6th Ave (or division east of Sprague). Most of the stuff on 6th Ave is centered between Pine and State St., although stuff continues to the west. If you look on google maps it'll say North End over the area, and all the roads will have "North" as a prefix. Like I said, downtown has some decent apartments, too. It's a bit shady in some spots because the courthouse is down there as well as a bunch of bail bond places, etc, but as long as you get a place with a garage you'll be fine. I lived there for a few months and enjoyed it.

Just be ready for the disaster that is the I-5 gate to North Fort every morning. They only have 2 lanes as opposed to the 4 for main post, so it gets backed up to the exit off the highway if you cut it too close to PT hours. You can avoid that, I think, by living in Steilacoom or University Place and taking the back gate in, but I don't really know how well that works. On the plus side you won't have 70s era buildings for your company like on main post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how many rounds were you loading in them bad boys?

The right number.

• Locked thread