Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

The UW Man-o-war looks great for a peasant cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
edit: nvm

Bot 02 fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 10, 2016

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pontius Pilate posted:

Worked fine for me recently. Also the new price function on cubetutor is both fun and alarming.

Any cards people have their eyes on from the new set? I wish, wish, wish that flickerdrazi didn't require colorless mana and there doesn't seem enough reason to support colorless really. I also wish that flashback goblin didn't have to compete with Siege Gang, Thundermaw, Zealous Conscripts, Sarkhan, and Kiki-Jiki in my cube. Will probably try him anyway.

For peasant, I've got my eyes on Reflector Mage, Baloth Null, Void Grafter, and Embodiment of Fury for sure. I'm also considering Corpse Churn, Pulse of Murasa, and Seed Guardian to strengthen graveyard stuff. Wall of Resurgence, Reckless Bushwhacker, and Relief Captain might make it.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 11, 2016

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Pontius Pilate posted:

Any cards people have their eyes on from the new set?

I only run a Modern Peasant cube, but I like a few of the cards:
Wall of Resurgence (Value!)
Reckless Bushwhacker (Boros tokens loves this guy).
Reflector Mage (since the Modern limitation on my cube cuts out Man o' War, this will just have to do.)
Umara Entangler and Stormchaser Mage (U/R "spells matter" archetype wants these).
Void Grafter (been thinking about a U/G redesign around flash creatures, this might make it viable; if not, a creature/counter hybrid is still pretty sweet).

Possibly also Void Shatter, Embodiment of Fury and Embodiment of Insight, though I might have to do a little bit of fiddling to get some more land-creatures for the Embodiments to play with.

Death of Rats fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 11, 2016

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Death of Rats posted:

I only run a Modern Peasant cube, but I like a few of the cards:
Wall of Resurgence (Value!)
Reckless Bushwhacker (Boros tokens loves this guy).
Reflector Mage (since the Modern limitation on my cube cuts out Man o' War, this will just have to do.)
Umara Entangler and Stormchaser Mage (U/R "spells matter" archetype wants these).
Void Grafter (been thinking about a U/G redesign around flash creatures, this might make it viable; if not, a creature/counter hybrid is still pretty sweet).

Possibly also Void Shatter, Embodiment of Fury and Embodiment of Insight, though I might have to do a little bit of fiddling to get some more land-creatures for the Embodiments to play with.

I think Embodiment of Fury is probably fine without dedicated support. That said, I'm already running Ghitu Encampment et al. I'm not sure how I feel about Stormchaser Mage since it's sort of like Wee Dragonauts.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
wtwlf's review is in.

For regular cubes, he has:

3) Kalitas
2) Sylvan Advocate
1) Oath of Nissa

For ones with colorless support:

3) Bearer of Silence
2) Reality Smasher
1) Kozilek, the Great Distortion

Not sold on Oath of Nissa quite yet, but I suppose the effect warrants keeping an eye on it.

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>
I've finally gotten my first list together!
http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/42236

A friend and I sat down today and went through it. We think we've got it to a playable point, but as always, there is room for improvement.
I'm not looking to do too many busted things with it, so the power level is pretty low. I wanted to try and make a cube with some interaction, and relatively creature-focused.

At this stage, I am looking for suggestions for improvements - what to take out, what (potentially) to put in, if it works, etc.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Man_alive posted:

At this stage, I am looking for suggestions for improvements - what to take out, what (potentially) to put in, if it works, etc.

Curve looks good, but red seems light on creatures (I'm not super knowledgeable about peasant, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt). Some suggestions on that front:

2CMC: Borderland Marauder, Lightning Mauler, War-name Aspirant, Gore-House Chainwalker, Goblin Bushwhacker
3CMC: Fire Imp, Manic Vandal (there's also 2CMC shatter-on-a-stick creatures worth looking at)

I'm also a giant :spergin: for color balance, so I'd work towards that (Barbarian Ring is red in my cube, for example).

edit: as for cuts in red: Kamahl's Desire, Roast, Empty the Warrens (what do you expect storm to be?), Vandalblast, Rise to the Challenge

aborn fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 15, 2016

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

aborn posted:

Curve looks good, but red seems light on creatures (I'm not super knowledgeable about peasant, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt). Some suggestions on that front:

2CMC: Borderland Marauder, Lightning Mauler, War-name Aspirant, Gore-House Chainwalker, Goblin Bushwhacker
3CMC: Fire Imp, Manic Vandal (there's also 2CMC shatter-on-a-stick creatures worth looking at)

I'm also a giant :spergin: for color balance, so I'd work towards that (Barbarian Ring is red in my cube, for example).

edit: as for cuts in red: Kamahl's Desire, Roast, Empty the Warrens (what do you expect storm to be?), Vandalblast, Rise to the Challenge

I think red in peasant still tend to be >=50% creatures. I recommend manually reclassifying cards like Dragon Fodder and Hordeling Outburst as creatures to give you a better idea of the functional balance; however, even with this I think there are too few creatures (Fewer than blue!) The 2 CMC shatter on a stick that I run is Torch Fiend, but I also have Ingot Chewer as an additional option at 450 cards. Dedicated shatter/demystify spells aren't great in Peasant so you tend to stick with creature based effects like Reclamation Sage, Conclave Naturalists, and Leonin Relic Warder, and Kor Sanctifiers. I'm not a huge fan of Kuldotha Rebirth.

I would also recommend balancing colors. I'm not going to go through to figure out half-hybrid, but I'm going to assume that you're using it and not just counting your hybrid cards as multicolor. If half-hybrid works out to balance the regular colors that's fine. I think the multicolor section can use some work at least in formatting. Given that you seem to be pushing flying creatures in U and W, I would suggest at least Thunderclap Wyvern with some combination of Lyev Skynight, Arctic Aven, Skymark Roc, and Reflector Mage for Azorius (the last is just as a good card). I'll take a closer look later tonight. Selesnya also needs some help. One option which I've gone to is cutting Loxodon Warhammer from the cube to bring in Behemoth Sledge. Trostani's Summoner is also quite good. I'll take a closer look later tonight.

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

Thanks guys. Appreciate the extra sets of eyes on it. I took another look at what I had after reading your suggestions and made a couple of adjustments based on them. I might actually take it to the LGS one day and see if we can't get a draft going and see how it fares there!

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Does anyone know of any cool Equipment-heavy cubes? I'm kind of interested in slow games where you suit creatures up and smash them into each other.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Foreskin Problems posted:

Does anyone know of any cool Equipment-heavy cubes? I'm kind of interested in slow games where you suit creatures up and smash them into each other.

I don't know of any, but your typical cube is pretty hostile to the "pants" strategy just because of how efficient and prevalent the removal tends to be.

If you wanted to build a cube that heavily supports the "buff your guy/team" playstyle, you want to limit the quality of removal available.

However, while doing that, you need to make sure there are ways to stabilize - you don't want an Avacyn Restored situation where you can never get off of your back foot.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
You could just make sure the efficient removal is sorcery speed while the instant speed removal is over costed- that lets you spend your turn putting pants on a mans without getting blown out in combat while still enabling interaction.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Welp, I went and did it :toot:

PS: don't get one now, they're dropping fast since WotC just mailed out a bajillion of them

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

Took my cube out last night and myself and six others drafted it. We didn't actually play the decks, just drafted and built them. The feedback I got back was positive, however there was a theme of "no consistent archetypes to build to" and "no distinct bombs" this is even after mentioning that I wanted to have back-and-forth games more than one guy masturbating himself to a turn one win every game.
While drafting, it was entertaining to hear the others talk about how they haven't seen X card for a while, were enjoying drafting 5c nostalgia, and the general laughter and outbursts of "wtf?!" as packs were passed.

To improve the cube a bit, is it feasible to theory-craft 40-card singleton decks and then put them together?
If I went down this path, I'd obviously like to include cards that would go between archetypes.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Man_alive posted:

Took my cube out last night and myself and six others drafted it. We didn't actually play the decks, just drafted and built them. The feedback I got back was positive, however there was a theme of "no consistent archetypes to build to" and "no distinct bombs" this is even after mentioning that I wanted to have back-and-forth games more than one guy masturbating himself to a turn one win every game.
While drafting, it was entertaining to hear the others talk about how they haven't seen X card for a while, were enjoying drafting 5c nostalgia, and the general laughter and outbursts of "wtf?!" as packs were passed.

To improve the cube a bit, is it feasible to theory-craft 40-card singleton decks and then put them together?
If I went down this path, I'd obviously like to include cards that would go between archetypes.

Try to design straightforward archetypes within single colors (e.g. white tokens and/or weenie, red burn and/or aggro, etc.) in your cube first. Then, look for cards that are complimentary to those archetypes in other colors (e.g. green or black tokens, green and blue aggro/tempo). Then start to strip away cards that don't really seem to fit in with other archetypes (e.g. don't run a ton of 2 and 3 drop ramp spells if you're not planning to support a big green/colorless ramp payoff). Gold cards you include don't necessarily need to fit into archetypes, but should be complimentary to decks that would play those colors (e.g. Lightning Helix is efficient is good removal in base white, but another efficient burn spell to go to the dome in base red).

If part of your process is theorycrafting decks then totally do it. But don't craft them with the idea that you need just those cards to make it work - this is where multiple cards that fill a similar niche in an archetype (e.g. green ramp spells in mono-G ramp) are important. Even if you wouldn't run every single one, it's important to have enough that they'll come up enough to draft/support the archetype.

Beyond that, it seems like you've got a good start on some things. One of the best part of cube is seeing old cards you haven't played with and going "Oh man I remember this thing! It's so good!" Get a good feel for the kind of archetypes people in your playgroup enjoy playing and try to tune to that.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Man_alive posted:

Thinking up specific decks and going back to a cube list seems exactly backwards to me. This old-rear end wtwlf article (specifically the "Archetype Support Philosophy" section) explains how to think about archetypes and why you need different densities for different things (e.g., way more aggro cards than control cards):

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/articles/15289-cube-design-philosophy

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Man_alive posted:

Even if there are bombs and powered cards the games go back and forth. I feel like cube runs into stand still issues more than constructed decks because of the fact that cards are singleton. You need to have ways for games to end or else you may get two people with slower decks who just play for loving ever.

Besides, it's fun as gently caress to see somebody go off and do something crazy. Cube is all about watching each side of the board and being like dang this person is gonna win and then bam the other guy is gonna win and back and forth.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I had the most enjoyable draft of my life today. We drafted my friend Carlo's cube, I usually draft mono-red aggro and beat everyone except Carlo. Today I was looking at Young Pyromancer in the first pack but then consciously decided to play something else, so I chose Tasigur. My next packs contained a Goblin Guide and Hellrider, but I kept taking good black cards until a pick 6 Worldknit. I drafted without concern for colour and got great picks, wheeling a ton of powerful gold cards.

I won my first game with Land Tax and using extra lands to buyback Forbid. Then I won a game against that opponent when he tried to stay under my Land Tax, and I hit his land with Vindicate and his signet with What.

Second match felt close. I won the first by Incinerating a Metalworker that my opponent needed to play his hand out, and eventually destroying other cards with a Woodfall Primus that I sacrificed to Natural Order for double the value. I lost the second to the Precursor Golem/Crystal Shard combo. The third was very close, but I won it after answering his board state with When, Vindicate, Banishing Light, Searing Spear, and Blast from the Past over three turns.

Third match came against Carlo, who had drafted Lands. I opened with Land Tax, so he played Molten Vortex. We sat at one land each until I got to eight cards in hand. I played lands, cast Ashiok, then Kitchen Finks and Edric. Carlo pitched three land to kill Ashiok, so I won by beatdown with Forbid backup. The last game was long and involved my threat of milling him out with Ashiok, until he wiped out Ashiok and I stole his 4/2 Duplicant with Sower of Temptation. He was out of cards to effectively answer me, I showed him the Yawgmoth's Bargain in my hand and he conceded.

I've always wanted to draft Worldknit and I've confirmed it is the most fun thing ever. Put it in your cube.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.
So after tinkering with my cube for a while, it can be found here:http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/46242

Having looked at length, I think That I'll have to remove the metalcraft cards. I'm not sure if there's enough artifacts to support it. There's also a few cards that seem to have limited value (mostly the Akroan Skyguard, probably because I don't have enough combat tricks).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

Torchlighter posted:

So after tinkering with my cube for a while, it can be found here:http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/46242

Having looked at length, I think That I'll have to remove the metalcraft cards. I'm not sure if there's enough artifacts to support it. There's also a few cards that seem to have limited value (mostly the Akroan Skyguard, probably because I don't have enough combat tricks).

If you are wanting to keep the metalcraft cards in, would running the artifact lands help?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Chamale posted:

I've always wanted to draft Worldknit and I've confirmed it is the most fun thing ever. Put it in your cube.

I have worldknit in my cube and while I love it a newer player always uses it as a crutch to avoid having to build a more focused, synergistic deck so I'm on the fence about it. But for most everybody else: put it in your cube.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Worldknit is actually one of the few cards removed from my friend's cube for being too powerful.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Torchlighter posted:

How many artifacts do you need in your deck to expect to hit metalcraft? I'd say 10 at the very least, which is nearly half of all the artifacts in your cube. That being said, Galv Blast without metalcraft is serviceable, but Dispatch, Champ, and, to a lesser extent Brigade are pretty miserable.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
The problem with Worldknit as an archetype, imo, is that it incentivizes the Worldknit drafter to pick up bombs and nonbasics they don't need (but other people do) so you have one hyper-efficient incredibly powerful deck and then another couple that have mana problems all night. It's definitely fun but it's not something I'd leave in my Cube, more something I'd add for a deliberate Conspiracies night.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

aborn posted:

How many artifacts do you need in your deck to expect to hit metalcraft? I'd say 10 at the very least, which is nearly half of all the artifacts in your cube. That being said, Galv Blast without metalcraft is serviceable, but Dispatch, Champ, and, to a lesser extent Brigade are pretty miserable.

The rule of thumb in SoM draft was 16 minimum, for whatever it's worth.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

So, I'm building a Modern Peasant Cube, and I'm struggling right now on what to do with the colorless cards from oath.

Right now I'm thinking I'll tend to put them in blue and black, and add in some artifact support, the B U Myrs and a few more colorless lands like sea gate wreckage and crumbling vestige to help with making wingdings. I figure I could also include wastes in the land box, or include like, 3 copies of wastes in the cube, with taking one giving you access to the wastes in a larger quantity.

Do you all think it's better to limit the devoid and colorless stuff to U/B, or still include the other stuff from G/R?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Dunno if there's really enough of a payoff to run a colorless matters theme at peasant, but if you include it I'd for sure just let people have unlimited Wastes.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Torchlighter posted:

There are cards to "cheat" up your artifact count. There are creatures like Ghirapur Gearcrafter, Pia and Kiran Nalaar as well as Whirler Rogue who all poo poo out Thopters and are excellent standalone cards. Others like Crystal Shard and Erratic Portal are cube favorites which are often included in the type of decks that strive toward Metalcraft. And, of course, there are mana rocks like Signets, Cluestones, Talismans and the like which often see support in cube lists.

However, before you look too deeply into how to support Metalcraft I think that you have some major issues involving weird duplicates that will really swing players in drafting. Is this a multiplayer cube? Like a 1v1v1v1 like Conspiracy? If so, I'd include way less filler and far more of the Conspiracy-style cards.

If it's singleton then:
-There are three Squadron Hawks that, best case scenario, one player will sacrifice three draft picks to get. Most people who include Squadron Hawk just give a player two to three more post-draft so that their 45 isnt affected during the draft.
-Three Eldrazi Skyspawner because? Aether Adept and Man-o'-War are dying to be included.
-Three Reassembling Skeleton. I just don't see why.
-Three Rage Extractor.... uhhhh. Lightning Strike, Searing Spear, Incinerate, Arc Lightning, Arc Trail, etc. All are infinitely superior and accomplish the same task.
-Three Birthing Pod. How is this deck just not absurd with three copies? I'd love to have three copies of Show and Tell, Sneak Attack, Reanimate, Tinker, etc in a cube deck but the fun comes in that it's singleton (limited resources!) and you have to draft a way to make the utilization of one copy of any card synergistic. I have got to imagine people who have previously drafted your cube who know there are three copies almost certainly compete for these because of how powerful they are.
-Three Cogwork Librarian. Neat. In my perspective the thought of having three of these in a draft is ridiculous because of how powerful just one has been in my cube, but I think that having two more copies is maybe a little overboard.

I'd head over to the cube subforum of mtgsalvation.com (http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/the-cube-forum) and spend some time looking at people's lists. You're on the right track with, well, whatever it is you're trying to do. I'm just trying to take a stab in the dark with advice because it's a pretty unconventional list.

Null1fy fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 18, 2016

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I have a friend who's a huge Conspiracy fan that wants to make a Conspiracy cube. I've told him to do 1 of each Mythic, 1 of each Rare, 2 of each Uncommon, 5 of each Common so that it'll be close to the actual ratios of cards in the set. He thinks he might do 1x/1x/3x/4x because uncommons are more fun. Is this a good idea or not?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Chamale posted:

I have a friend who's a huge Conspiracy fan that wants to make a Conspiracy cube. I've told him to do 1 of each Mythic, 1 of each Rare, 2 of each Uncommon, 5 of each Common so that it'll be close to the actual ratios of cards in the set. He thinks he might do 1x/1x/3x/4x because uncommons are more fun. Is this a good idea or not?
Like most cube distribution questions the answer is do whatever is fun.
If your friend wants the as close to conspiracy as possible experience trhen your distribution might be a bit closer to true (depends on how many people will be cubing regularly for totals), but if they're just zeroing in on the wacky fun multiplayer aspect of conspiracy then their distribution might be better for the group.

Heck, he may find (As a group I used to play with did) that there's a few cards no one enjoys and they'll cut entirely.

The sad truth is they can't draft like I did once with double-birds of paradise conspiracy alongside 5 copperhorn scouts 4 sakura tribe elders and 4 pelakka wurms. Those are the best moments in that format. :allears:

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Null1fy posted:

There are cards to "cheat" up your artifact count. There are creatures like Ghirapur Gearcrafter, Pia and Kiran Nalaar as well as Whirler Rogue who all poo poo out Thopters and are excellent standalone cards.

However, before you look too deeply into how to support Metalcraft I think that you have some major issues involving weird duplicates that will really swing players in drafting. Is this a multiplayer cube? Like a 1v1v1v1 like Conspiracy? If so, I'd include way less filler and far more of the Conspiracy-style cards.
It is a Multiplayer Free-for-all Cube. It's designed for playing with my friends, who don't really have the same level of experience that I do with playing Magic.

Null1fy posted:

If it's singleton then:
-There are three Squadron Hawks that, best case scenario, one player will sacrifice three draft picks to get. Most people who include Squadron Hawk just give a player two to three more post-draft so that their 45 isnt affected during the draft.
-Three Eldrazi Skyspawner because? Aether Adept and Man-o'-War are dying to be included.
-Three Reassembling Skeleton. I just don't see why.
-Three Rage Extractor.... uhhhh. Lightning Strike, Searing Spear, Incinerate, Arc Lightning, Arc Trail, etc. All are infinitely superior and accomplish the same task.
-Three Birthing Pod. How is this deck just not absurd with three copies? I'd love to have three copies of Show and Tell, Sneak Attack, Reanimate, Tinker, etc in a cube deck but the fun comes in that it's singleton (limited resources!) and you have to draft a way to make the utilization of one copy of any card synergistic. I have got to imagine people who have previously drafted your cube who know there are three copies almost certainly compete for these because of how powerful they are.
-Three Cogwork Librarian. Neat. In my perspective the thought of having three of these in a draft is ridiculous because of how powerful just one has been in my cube, but I think that having two more copies is maybe a little overboard.

I'd head over to the cube subforum of mtgsalvation.com (http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/the-cube-forum) and spend some time looking at people's lists. You're on the right track with, well, whatever it is you're trying to do. I'm just trying to take a stab in the dark with advice because it's a pretty unconventional list.
It wasn't originally designed to be singleton, but you're right. Taking the duplicates out and replacing them with other cards that both support metalcraft or have other uses seems like it makes a much better drafting experience, at least with the limited drafting on CubeTutor. The only duplicate I'm especially concerned about is Birthing Pod, and that's because someone told me that, with only one copy, it might be a little too unreliable. Thanks for the help.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Multiple Birthing Pods have been sweet but not oppressive in my cube.

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

Aston posted:

Multiple Birthing Pods have been sweet but not oppressive in my cube.

Agreed. It depends on the exact power level and how much creature-based combat math you have going on in your cube, but drafting a Pod line is actually a pretty serious undertaking. When you build the deck you're almost always including suboptimal stuff or pushing your mana base to get a few 2s, 3s, and 4s.

I've actually never seen Pod used in the MTGO cube (I have a lot more experience with the powered version though). In my own powered cube, Pod is a draft-1-get-2-free and it's sweet but not oppressive. That's almost certainly overkill for a cube that's not running a lot of cards at the highest power level, but Pod really isn't on the same level as (say) Rofellos, or Upheaval, or Sulfuric Vortex, or Memory Jar, or...

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Thinking about some swaps in the peasant cube:

In:
Pale Rider of Trostad OR Heir of Falkenrath
Duskwatch Recruiter
Hermit of the Natterknolls
Village Messenger
Stitched Mangler

Out:
Dauthi Horror
Jade Mage
Abzan Beastmaster
Reckless Waif
Frost Lynx

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

ShaneB posted:

In:
Duskwatch Recruiter
Village Messenger
Stitched Mangler

Out:
Dauthi Horror
Jade Mage
Abzan Beastmaster
Reckless Waif
Frost Lynx

Heir makes into most powered cubes, and Pale Rider almost does too (I've seen it in 720), can't you run both?

In a more general comment, SoI is looking amazing for cubes, jeez.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ShaneB posted:

In:
Duskwatch Recruiter
Village Messenger
Stitched Mangler

Out:
Dauthi Horror
Jade Mage
Abzan Beastmaster
Reckless Waif
Frost Lynx

I keep a peasant list, and I honestly want both R werewolfs. R in peasant wants every good 1-drop it can get.
Recruiter I love, but Jade mage has been a solid performer for me, Not sure on that one.
Unless you have discard/graveyard synergy, I'd pass on Pale Rider. Heir is much more flexible.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

aborn posted:

In a more general comment, SoI is looking amazing for cubes, jeez.

Seriously. Three cubeable black two-drops? Shoring up that shallow slot alone would've made me happy but hey why not have another dozen considerations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

I keep a peasant list, and I honestly want both R werewolfs. R in peasant wants every good 1-drop it can get.
Recruiter I love, but Jade mage has been a solid performer for me, Not sure on that one.
Unless you have discard/graveyard synergy, I'd pass on Pale Rider. Heir is much more flexible.

I think I decided to keep Abzan Beastmaster over Hermit of the Natterknolls because Beastmaster rewards green drafters for having big dudes while Hermit is more conditional and doesn't synergize with the color in the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

So...this may seem like a weird question, but what do you all do about Double Faced Cards in your cube?

I often play a lot with players on the newer side of mtg, and my Modern Peasant Cube is finally finished and in the process of being double sleeved (KMC Hyper Mattes and Perfect Fits), but I'm worried about people pulling out the cards to see the other side during a draft or what not.

Am I over thinking this whole thing, or is it best to clear sleeve them and give out checklists? I guess I could just get extra copies of the DFCs too, it's only peasant .