Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
With the exception of Ichijo being unconscious, this is basically exactly what I thought would happen. Right down to the eye of the storm poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

OneDeadman posted:

also RIP Y-San from chiba prefecture

Y-san from Chiba got some votes too.

EDIT: Yeah, he got 19th place, while the creator Komi was in 20th. Mama Onodera is in 21st.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 29, 2016

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Allarion posted:

Heh, 159 people remember Double Arts.

Raku, the protagonist, is so bland and uninteresting that a character from another manga who was never featured in Nisekoi surpassed him in the rankings.

And it doesn't look like he realized this.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Allarion posted:

Heh, 159 people remember Double Arts.

Double Arts needs to come back

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I Love Annie May posted:

Raku, the protagonist, is so bland and uninteresting that a character from another manga who was never featured in Nisekoi surpassed him in the rankings.

And it doesn't look like he realized this.

ALSO

Erg posted:

:siren: Double Arts reference spotted :siren:

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Sorry, my mistake. He's so bland he got surpassed by a one panel homage in the rankings.

Teix
Nov 5, 2009

You want to touch me?
Chapter's up.
https://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-212?id=269354

Onodera... wins?

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I think this the first chapter in a while where I've been surprised at what happened.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHH?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
No, that's Onodera losing.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Angry Grimace posted:

No, that's Onodera losing.

Pretty much this.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
It's actually a TURNABOUT VICTORY TO MOMADERA

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
And IN COMES TSUGUMI FOR THE FINISHER! IT'S A SLOBBERKNOCKER!

So anyway. I'm gonna lay odds that Chitoge's gonna eventually vanish back to America. And hey, guess what other character is currently in America ... ?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
This is just the tee-up for the "Raku you have to go find her and tell her how you feel!" finale. Maybe or maybe not backed up by finding something out about the locket.

Basically if we're writing characters out of the story they need to be present, and if Onodera's the only one left in arms reach she's next on the chopping block.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Yeah, it's basically going toward the "I never knew how much I needed her until she left" sort of ending. Can't say it's unexpected.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Him liking Onodera at this point feels like a perfect example of the sunk cost fallacy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ethiser posted:

Him liking Onodera at this point feels like a perfect example of the sunk cost fallacy.

It's a ploy. There are 3 Onodera women, but only 1 of them qualifies for best girl, and that's Nanako / Momdera.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz
*dera is only best girl if you get all three for the harem end.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Sometimes I hope we get Clue or Married Life With Archie-style endings before the real one.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Skychrono posted:

Sometimes I hope we get Clue or Married Life With Archie-style endings before the real one.

We kind of already did with all the omake chapters featuring Raku and [insert girl here] being happily married in a dream sequence.

Not coincidentally, the only main girl we didn't get one of these for was Chitoge.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

We kind of already did with all the omake chapters featuring Raku and [insert girl here] being happily married in a dream sequence.

Not coincidentally, the only main girl we didn't get one of these for was Chitoge.

Oh, I haven't seen those... I guess they're not part of the official SJ release. Bummer.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

In case anyone wants to spoil themselves on a jankity-rear end second-hand translation from the Korean scans.

Odds that Onodera is about to tell Raku to stop being so depressed 'cause she's about to rock his world: 1 in 1,000.
Odds that Onodera is about to indirectly confess by telling him she suspects Chitoge heard her during the meteor shower: 1 in 3.
Odds that there will be blushing and stammering involved in the upcoming conversation no matter what is said: NO BET.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
loving :laffo:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter is out with non-janky translation - kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-213?id=270202

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The scuttlebutt is that this is ending in 3 chapters.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Angry Grimace posted:

Good.

e: Also, not surprising.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Why is Chitoge's dad still a criminal if his wife owns a billion dollar business?

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Angry Grimace posted:

Meh.

Given that the only characters I care about are Ruri and Tsugumi my reaction is unsurprising.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

buzmeg posted:

Meh.

Given that the only characters I care about are Ruri and Tsugumi my reaction is unsurprising.

I just don't want them to rush it. End anytime, but end well.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Insh'Allah

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

buzmeg posted:

Meh.

Same, but replace Ruri and Tsugumi with Minidera and Mamadera.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Angry Grimace posted:

Why is Chitoge's dad still a criminal if his wife owns a billion dollar business?

Yakuza is still a business and not that much different from regular fortune 500

all about the connections

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Skychrono posted:

I just don't want them to rush it. End anytime, but end well.

That horse has long bolted.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 17, 2016

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

You guys could try moving on to an actually good shonen romcom that just started a while ago:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hatsukoi-Zombie

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

I do really like Hatsukoi Zombie but I'm too busy sunk-cost-fallacy-ing on this one.

Speaking of, the Korean scans for chapter 215 are floating around now and I spoiled myself on it. For once there's actually kind of a twist:

Possible appearance of Raku's mom on the horizon

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-215?id=271257

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Algid posted:

You guys could try moving on to an actually good shonen romcom that just started a while ago:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hatsukoi-Zombie

Except that it's just kind of "meh" right now. It's moving really slowly--probably too slowly and is likely gonna get canned if it doesn't pick up the pace.

Contrast with "The World God Only Knows". By Chapter 18 we had four arcs: Ayumi, Mio, Kanon, Shiori and starting the Kusonoki arc along with random Elsea stuff thrown in.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

C'mon, Chitoge! You're better than this. :mad:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Wark Say posted:

C'mon, Chitoge! You're better than this. :mad:

She really isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Mirage posted:

Possible appearance of Raku's mom on the horizon

Now I really want to see who gave birth and raised a boy as dense as Ichijou.

• Locked thread