Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

And I beat Tokyo Xanadu.

Now to play the epilogue and get the true ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That game good or what

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

lets hang out posted:

That game good or what

it's a falcom game, so it's probably at the very least pretty neat

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lets hang out posted:

That game good or what

As far as I can tell it's Falcom taking the Cold Steel engine and making an aRPG that's even more Persona-esque.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope tokyo xanadu at least has fun combat, since ys 8 is being modeled off of it

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

lets hang out posted:

That game good or what
It's a fun game. I suggest that you should wait until Xseed, or someone else, localizes it since there's a lot of text and of course, it still has Trails of Cold Steel system of "speak with every NPC to update their info" and hidden quests. I missed one in chapter 6 because I'm an idiot but it's ok, I'll do it in a New Game Plus. :argh:.

Trying to get an S Rank in each dungeon is surprisingly fun since it turns the entire dungeon in a giant puzzle to get your hit combo up to 200 (or maintain it as long as you can). Nightmare mode is a good challenge until you get to the end-chapter bosses, they can burn in hell for all I care.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Txn posted:

It's a fun game. I suggest that you should wait until Xseed, or someone else, localizes it since there's a lot of text and of course, it still has Trails of Cold Steel system of "speak with every NPC to update their info" and hidden quests. I missed one in chapter 6 because I'm an idiot but it's ok, I'll do it in a New Game Plus. :argh:.

haha, sounds kinda like nayuta no kiseki in that regard

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

teethgrinder posted:

Haven't noticed it mentioned here, but Axiom Verge is coming to Vita April 19: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/31/axiom-verge-comes-to-ps-vita-april-19-2/

Played through it on PS4, just loved it. Total love letter to the original NES Metroid game, with better controls.

About loving time! I've been waiting for a long time for this.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I see Sony's come out with a new firmware update, probably to coincide with the one PS4 gets today. Anyone have any idea what's in it aside from the usual screw you to the six people holding out for Vita as a home brew machine?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

I see Sony's come out with a new firmware update, probably to coincide with the one PS4 gets today. Anyone have any idea what's in it aside from the usual screw you to the six people holding out for Vita as a home brew machine?

You'll never see a stability more upgraded than with this update.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

According to elsewhere, the homebrew PSP stuff is still working fine. No idea what changed, though. Nobody's listed it yet and it doesn't seem obvious.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/GkWIwjadJCs

Blanc VS Zombies will have an LE. Orders start April 11th, $64

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I didn't realize that Blanc and U were different bad beatemup nep spinoffs.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Motto posted:

I didn't realize that Blanc and U were different bad beatemup nep spinoffs.

Blanc is being developed by Tamsoft's Onechanbara team (I think), so I have faith in this one!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

Blanc is being developed by Tamsoft's Onechanbara team (I think), so I have faith in this one!
Blancran Kagura: Zombie Versus

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is Neptunia U not good?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Tamsoft's Onechanbara team (I think), so I have faith in this one!

i have some bad news for you

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

voltcatfish posted:

is Neptunia U not good?
It's an even more minimalistic version of a Senran Kagura Versus game. It's alright but only really worth it if you're into the franchise.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

voltcatfish posted:

is Neptunia U not good?

Imagine a Senran Kagura game only with even less to it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i kind of like the hack and slash senran kagura gameplay...

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

voltcatfish posted:

i kind of like the hack and slash senran kagura gameplay...
Cool. Take that, water it down, and add Nep. That's Neptunia U.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

You've convinced me. I'll buy it!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

It's not even a Wii U game. That's false advertisement is what it is.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

voltcatfish posted:

You've convinced me. I'll buy it!

It's good, it's got costume damage, and it's got Dengeki and Famitsu, who are great additions. It's good.

I'm going to make that Nep thread this week.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Is Famitsu an unreliable journalist?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Saoshyant posted:

It's not even a Wii U game. That's false advertisement is what it is.

The U is for University. I majored in Nepping with a minor in MAGES.ology.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
You get all the whacking not very interesting hordes of enemies of Senran Kagura with the enemies generally being even less aggressive somehow, but unlike Senran Kagura there are no sidestories where Noire decides to find the finest butt sushi in all the land or whatever. There aren't really any boss battles to speak of (aside from the final boss) though there is an arena mode where you can pick a character and fight one on one against the other CPUs. The story and humor is perfectly fine for a Nep game, and the game is open about the fact that it can be sillier than usual because it isn't canon. It's not a bad game if you like Nep stuff, but even then it's really just okay. Otherwise I would stay away.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I majored in Nepping with a minor in MAGES.ology.

Yikes! Get better soon, friend.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Blanc does... not improve on U's formula much, sorry. They did redid the combo systems which is nice and all but they made the levels even shorter and enemies, outside of variety, don't behave that that different.
The multiplayer mode can get fun with 4 players fighting against a bigger more aggressive boss but it'll either die out quickly or get boring. Surprisingly stable international servers though.

Motto posted:

Is Famitsu an unreliable journalist?
For some reason Dengeki's the tabloid reporter and Famitsu's the respected senior reporter.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

HGH posted:

For some reason Dengeki's the tabloid reporter and Famitsu's the respected senior reporter.

Hyperdimension Neptunia U (PSV) – 7/7/7/6 [27/40]

Didn't help any.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

thats downright ruthless by famitsu standards

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Also Dreamcast's theme seems to be a ripoff of the Sonic 06 theme?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HGH posted:

You weren't joooooooooooooooooking.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Takoluka posted:

It's good.
Stop lying to this poor soul.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

HGH posted:

Huh, weird that it's not a Crush 40 parody if it's the Dreamcast.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Motto posted:

Huh, weird that it's not a Crush 40 parody if it's the Dreamcast.
Live and learn

Whoa yeah

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Some news on Dragon Fin Soup: Apparently they ditched their previous PSN port developer for a new studio, are working on a Revamp, though it's unclear whether that will be a separate product or simply an update, and promised some free keys to people who bought on PSN: https://t.co/PeRhoAuPq7

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mithaldu posted:

Some news on Dragon Fin Soup: Apparently they ditched their previous PSN port developer for a new studio, are working on a Revamp, though it's unclear whether that will be a separate product or simply an update, and promised some free keys to people who bought on PSN: https://t.co/PeRhoAuPq7
Gonna laugh when they don't really make it much better and trick people to pay them who got it for "free"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mithaldu posted:

they should bury that turd forever and work on a game that doesn't look bad in comparison with the 30 year old games with no graphics that its trying to emulate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nooooooo, they killed the account! loving Youtube.