Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

Preferable to machine-pressed ones, that's for sure.

Why just press them when you can :nws: electrify them as well? Probably not the worst kind of electricity, but good for people wanting a warmup before moving to the Stimpire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Star Marine "was never promised. It is merely a part of the overall promise. Which means they haven't failed to deliver i tt because 1. It is subject to change 2. They haven't failed at making the game yet."

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6534160/#Comment_6534160

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sunswipe posted:

Why just press them when you can :nws: electrify them as well? Probably not the worst kind of electricity, but good for people wanting a warmup before moving to the Stimpire.

I can't decide whether the product itself or the “also bought”-list is worse. In combination, it certainly qualifies as tripling every second.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

someone make the "b'tak" chicken gif!!!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

I can't decide whether the product itself or the “also bought”-list is worse. In combination, it certainly qualifies as tripling every second.

quote:

The Zeus Electrosex Urethral Sound is not for beginners. Many men have discovered an incredible wealth of pleasure in urethral insertions. For a long time sounds have been available for this purpose. The electrical urethral sounds takes it all one step further. Split into two poles, it runs a current from one end to the other through the penis of the user for an incredible experience. At 5/16 of an inch wide and 7 inches long it is not a toy for beginners. For advanced users it is said to create unparalleled orgasms. It is bipolar toy, so it is ready to use without any other accessories.
There's a bit in the James Bond book "You Only Live Twice" where the character Tiger Tanaka explains to Bond how sumo wrestlers train from puberty to be able to retract their testicles into their body. I remember years later seeing on QI that this is a myth. Now I have to write to Stephen Fry and tell him he was wrong, because my genitals just shot back into my body so fast they nudged my tonsils.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

There's a bit in the James Bond book "You Only Live Twice" where the character Tiger Tanaka explains to Bond how sumo wrestlers train from puberty to be able to retract their testicles into their body. I remember years later seeing on QI that this is a myth. Now I have to write to Stephen Fry and tell him he was wrong, because my genitals just shot back into my body so fast they nudged my tonsils.

:golfclap:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
That post Daztek linked to earlier has produced a huge amount of discussion.

Not a peep from /BanditLoaf. But of course, what can he say? It's dead on arrival-- and backers are just going to have to accept it. Yes, it's really going to suck that BDSSE-pretender Elite is going to completely own this, and that Frontier will deliver Immersion while CIG can only muster up "immersion". But them's the breaks, man. They have to pick their battles and this is one they'll never win.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sperglord posted:

Question: does anyone here think that CIG has a full list of the ships it has promised backers?

the list is never full, as it is still being written

the list is infinite

here is the list

http://libraryofbabel.info

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

hakimashou posted:

someone make the "b'tak" chicken gif!!!

here's a template

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
:nws: http://www.amazon.com/Zeus-Electrosex-Frenum-Electro-Stimulator/dp/B019QWR23U/

I like this one. It's really to the point of what it is. Two bare wires attached to your dick. Très Stim.

edit: Holy poo poo. I keep clicking through and there is just more poo poo I could never fever-dream of existing.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

Stephen Fry is never wrong. He is just occasionally woefully betrayed by his research staff — staff that will obviously suffer if you choose to expose that betrayal. So be careful in what you do.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tippis posted:

Derek Smart is never wrong. He is just occasionally woefully betrayed by dumb goons and the restraining hand of legal.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 7, 2016

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

G0RF posted:

Not a peep from /BanditLoaf. But of course, what can he say?

"I don't see the draw".

:ghost:

I thought GOONS were already permanently tainted for ruining EVE. Just add this transgression to the list.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

The only thing better than people trying to own Derek Smart Forums Master on a technical matter based entirely on the ambiguity of a sentence structure is Derek Smart's responses to them.

Seriously, if it's one thing that I hate the most, it's when someone makes a mistake, and simply doesn't have the balls to own up to it.

Then, instead of just walking away, they double down.

Look at this poo poo and you be the judge:

@dsmart

quote:

And, no, you shouldn't be using email encrypted comms because as long as it is stored, it can be cracked. Plus, you can't rely on the other party to have an end-point (e.g. PGP) key.

@Iglocska

quote:

That's not how PGP works. Both you and the other person have to use PGP or PGP doesn't work at all. There is no "it won't be secure" it simply won't work if both parties don't use PGP, you need your partner's public key to encrypt your message. It also won't be in plaintext when it lands in the inbox of the recipient - if you use PGP to encrypt it. If you mean TLS/SSL then indeed you are correct.

@dsmart

quote:

You're kidding me, right? I think you should READ - slowly - what I've written before you continue along this path. It's not too late to save yourself.

ps: I use PGP every day.

And the point of my PGP comment is that BOTH you and the person, MUST be using PGP for it to be secure. And if the person doesn't use PGP, or know how to, then you have a problem.

@Iglocska

quote:

I use PGP every day too.

@dsmart

quote:

So then why are you confusing...

this:

you can send email that's encrypted while in transit, but it ends up being plain text when it arrives

with this:

And if the person doesn't use PGP, or know how to, then you have a problem

They are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS

@Iglocska

quote:

Derek I am not confusing anything. You said that PGP is only safe if both parties are using it, which is a requirement to use PGP in the first place. There is no "it's only safe if" - you can either use it or not.

@dsmart

quote:

No. I. DID. NOT.

Here is everything I said:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...0#post458366473

As if THAT wasn't bad enough, look what the cat dragged in...

@Hav

quote:

Dunno, I enjoy his posting for it's inaccuracy.

He seems to conflate 'encryption in motion' with 'encryption at rest'.

@dsmart

quote:

No, only a complete moron would arrive at that conclusion.

I didn't say ANYTHING about encryption methodologies, tech or ANYTHING of the sort. The point of my missive was tell people to use encrypted services for sensitive material, and that while email is encrypted in transit (SSL, TLS etc), it CAN still be READ in plaintext at the start (sender) and end (receiver) points. So ANYONE with access to EITHER of those, CAN read the email. Either through hacking, forensics data dumps etc. THAT was the POINT.

Again, here is the complete text of my missive. And it was ONE SINGLE loving LINE which I even wrote in plain layman terms. Yet, here we are.

This poo poo is why we fight.

e How to Encrypt Your Email

"What to Encrypt
To secure your email effectively, you should encrypt three things: the connection from your email provider; your actual email messages; and your stored, cached, or archived email messages."

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 7, 2016

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah let's get this party started.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Birds - why waiting is good

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

That post Daztek linked to earlier has produced a huge amount of discussion.

Not a peep from /BanditLoaf. But of course, what can he say? It's dead on arrival-- and backers are just going to have to accept it. Yes, it's really going to suck that BDSSE-pretender Elite is going to completely own this, and that Frontier will deliver Immersion while CIG can only muster up "immersion". But them's the breaks, man. They have to pick their battles and this is one they'll never win.

That was a good read.

Pwned.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Master Series Cock Shock Remote CBT Electric Cock Ring

Verified Purchase
Wow what a device, not for the faint at heart but a great training device. My keyholder has really enjoyed using it on me. With vibrate, audio, visible light, and shock buttons many types of training can be performed with this product. Trust me it will make you or your wearer jump.

Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed

Master Series The Enforcer Black Wooden Humbler

Learn something new every day, like a remote control dog collar for your peen exists.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

no_recall posted:

That was a good read.

Pwned.

That was a really good analogy. On reddit.

I'm really scared right now…

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

no_recall posted:

That was a good read.

Pwned.

That's harsh, at least the Sega Saturn existed in a playable state.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

FrankieGoes posted:

That's the thing. That's what people that can't believe the 40k aren't understanding: there are many people that are so spergy and OCD that they basically give Croberts every spare cent they make. Combine that with all the convoluted melt/unmelt/ccu/CCu token/merch/buying accounts for your friends/12 month old daughter/for two boxing/etc and I find it very easy to believe the 40k a day.

The only reason it even dropped down to 19k or whatever last year was because it was right before their massive three month long nerd milking sale.
I'm not surprised there's a baseline -- though it does beg some questions. What's the split between new backers getting in vs. old backers buying ships, for example.

One thing that remains surprising to me is that -- for all the presumed new backers streaming in daily, we just don't see any corresponding increases in Twitch streamers playing the game. It seems like we'd see some growth here, but last time I checked it was the same middling performer it's been for months.

It's not, obviously, going to correlate exactly or necessarily even closely. But there's no growth there at all, to my last recollection. It's strange.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

"Well what about Playstation, can you play Star Citizen on that system???"

"NOPE, only on Nintendo Sixty-Four!!!"

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Man now I want Star Citizen ads where Ben dresses up as Segata Sanshiro.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

G0RF posted:

I'm not surprised there's a baseline -- though it does beg some questions. What's the split between new backers getting in vs. old backers buying ships, for example.

One thing that remains surprising to me is that -- for all the presumed new backers streaming in daily, we just don't see any corresponding increases in Twitch streamers playing the game. It seems like we'd see some growth here, but last time I checked it was the same middling performer it's been for months.

It's not, obviously, going to correlate exactly or necessarily even closely. But there's no growth there at all, to my last recollection. It's strange.

cant stream nothing

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Derek, your autism is awe-inspiring.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

G0RF posted:

By the time you're proficient enough to be entertaining while flying you're bored of the 3 cut & pasted tasks & janky engine?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Star Citizen

Every single stream is either a give away, or some dude talking about what WILL BE in the game, or the game crashing. There is one guy in there right now begging for money basically.

Meanwhile,

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Stardew Valley

People are actually playing....

edit : urls got messed up.

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 7, 2016

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Solomonic posted:

Man now I want Star Citizen ads where Ben dresses up as Segata Sanshiro.

No Segata is awesome and Ben is not.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Mirificus posted:

TGS mentions he has ex-girlfriend who agrees with him on the nature of promises. TGS is also fine with their $1250 Idris being rendered useless to them "Because I understand that things are subject to change".

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6534006/#Comment_6534006

:capitalism: God drat this is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Punch up, not down you dumb mother fucker - expect more from the people taking your god drat money

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/325690/what-does-f-u-d-really-mean

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6541651/#Comment_6541651

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
E.L.E has begun?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Kakarot posted:

E.L.E has begun?

maybe, also maybe it's invisible

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Sillybones posted:

:nws: http://www.amazon.com/Zeus-Electrosex-Frenum-Electro-Stimulator/dp/B019QWR23U/

I like this one. It's really to the point of what it is. Two bare wires attached to your dick. Très Stim.

edit: Holy poo poo. I keep clicking through and there is just more poo poo I could never fever-dream of existing.

I found out about that poo poo existing in a remarkably disturbing way.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

D_Smart posted:

So, how can you tell (from the data), that it was a single purchase?

I can't tell for sure. What I can do is look at the size of the funding spike versus the background activity shown by neighboring data points, and cross-reference against the fleet numbers to estimate the number of ships involved. If those two numbers line up with one of the whale megapacks, especially in a time with low background activity, then I'm comfortable labeling that a whale purchase. Call it an educated guess.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Kakarot posted:

E.L.E has begun?

That's what we keep hearing-- but as it looks right now, it's still a steady state first-person universe making its slow, inexorable way towards the Big Freeze...

(Derek will no doubt correct me on this though.)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Derek, your autism is awe-inspiring.

LOL!! I know, right? :smug:

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

Master Series Cock Shock Remote CBT Electric Cock Ring

Verified Purchase
Wow what a device, not for the faint at heart but a great training device. My keyholder has really enjoyed using it on me. With vibrate, audio, visible light, and shock buttons many types of training can be performed with this product. Trust me it will make you or your wearer jump.

Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed

Master Series The Enforcer Black Wooden Humbler

Learn something new every day, like a remote control dog collar for your peen exists.

Mods please:

Star Citizen - Master Series Cock Shock Remote CBT Electric Cock Ring

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
I'm not sure whether I hope 8Ace is pulling an Ovaltine or that he isn't. Entertainment-wise it's sweet info versus guaranteed thread drama.

G0RF posted:

That's what we keep hearing-- but as it looks right now, it's still a steady state first-person universe making its slow, inexorable way towards the Big Freeze...

Derek has been lost to us, cursed by Gypsies to forever argue about PGP with those other guys. The endless wheel of contention will spin on until one party or the other collapses onto their keyboard(s) in cardiac arrest. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

It's been in progress for the past two weeks. This week has been particularly interesting. And tomorrow even more so here in the US.

Lots of crazy stuff also going on in the UK that I can't talk about. Yet. Maybe EightAce may think it's safe to post about that, but I hinted at some of it this morning, without elaborating.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/717741338196840448

I'm trying very hard not to tip our hand, or compromise sources, but seriously, EVERYONE is talking. And the more they try to clamp down on that, the worse it gets because then people just get paranoid and start asking questions, whispering etc.

• Locked thread