Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

So, I've been meaning to ask - why exactly is Jerry Lawler cameoing in this arc? Did the wedding need heel commentary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Jerry's appearance is a tie in to a previous story where The Mole was re-introduced to the comic. It involved a wrestler named Thunderchild who planned to steal the proceeds of a charity fundraiser for the homeless people that Mole was helping. Jerry King stepped in to defeat Thunderchild and became friends with Mole.

As to why Jerry Lawler was included in the strip in the first place, it's because Mike Curtis is a wrestling fan.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Holy poo poo Thunderchild is a quadriplegic or dead.

Museum of Morbid Anatomy sounds kinda neat, wish somebody had told me that existed. Everyone told us the Museum of Sex was a huge tourist trap, though.

I guess for Luann it would have a certain novelty value. "That's how it works? You mean touching Quill's hand that one time wasn't losing my virginity?"

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 7, 2016

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

If he doesn't go out to a heat ray I'll be pissed.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

My Lovely Horse posted:

No kidding. For those who don't watch wrestling, you aren't actually supposed to drive your opponent's head into the ground when you piledrive him, you're supposed to keep his head tucked in a way that your rear end and thighs take the impact.

In a famous incident Owen Hart and Steve Austin botched a piledriver (WAY less than in that Dick Tracy comic) which legit broke Austin's neck and put him on the sidelines for ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKYYsg-jMf

Wrestling tactical realism!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

While we are on wrestling talk, is this an actual reference to WWE-invested social network flop Tout? :psyduck:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

No kidding. For those who don't watch wrestling, you aren't actually supposed to drive your opponent's head into the ground when you piledrive him, you're supposed to keep his head tucked in a way that your rear end and thighs take the impact.

In a famous incident Owen Hart and Steve Austin botched a piledriver (WAY less than in that Dick Tracy comic) which legit broke Austin's neck and put him on the sidelines for ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKYYsg-jMf

Wrestling tactical realism!

Wait a-are you saying that wrestling... is fake?!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Good Listener posted:

While we are on wrestling talk, is this an actual reference to WWE-invested social network flop Tout? :psyduck:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/tout

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm not saying Jerry Lawler raped a girl and used his reputation to shield himself from conviction, I'm just saying Jesse Ventura is a significantly better heel commentator.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Haha I guess due to all the other social media in there my brain went past an obvious use of the word. It sounded a little weird reading it out loud though.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Grandpa's World!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Man, I saw Lawler wrestle at a local show a few weeks ago and he didn't even do a piledriver. I thought that was the whole reason you brought him in!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Man, I saw Lawler wrestle at a local show a few weeks ago and he didn't even do a piledriver. I thought that was the whole reason you brought him in!

He still pulled down the strap and did the fistdrop from the second rope, right?

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

If we'd actually been allowed to bond together over stuff like that, my call center job probably wouldn't have been so hellish. Where I was at they did pretty much everything they could to keep us from fraternizing, lest we remember that we were human beings :v:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Endless Mike posted:

Piledrivers are banned in a lot of feds these days, so it's possible that was the case.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

I like the art in the Phantom a lot

but i also like the goofiness of "man who thinks purple spandex outfit with skulls and a mask isn't subtle instead walks around in his LARP cloak like nobody'll think that looks weird either"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Strontium posted:

So I was thinking about posting these daily, with some other strips to pad out the content of my posts. But my Imgur plug-in stopped working because they ended API 1.0 support and that broke it. Does anybody know of any other Firefox extension I could use so I could rehost images with just a right click? Having to save them to my hard drive and upload manually feels like an unnecessary step.

You don't need an extension for that, just right-click on the image, copy it, and hit ctrl-v on the imgur home page. You can even load up a bunch at once before you hit submit. Really helps when you only come into the thread a few times a week to post Catch-Up Comix.

Pooch Café

Childhood is Hell, Poncho. Pay attention.

Ballard Street

Some weirdo is posting a bunch of Islamic calligraphy in the comment thread for this one. Go check it out, it's neat. http://www.gocomics.com/ballardstreet/2016/04/07

Lost Side of Suburbia

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Julet Esqu posted:

Oh, please please please give us yoga in Mary Worth. I really want to see this.
Looks like your getting your wish!

Rex Morgan MD

Man she really turned the tap on full there.

Secret Agent X-9

"Operator? Yeah get me Klondike 8554! Hello, ice cream cone delivery? Get me two cones, toot sweet! A dime each? Why that's highway robbery what do you think I am a Rockefeller? Take a powder, ya mug!"

Apartment 3-G

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 15, 1951)

Barnaby (August 20, 1942)

Nancy (April 29, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 10, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 8, 1923)

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Wanamingo posted:

I had the same problem, and something called Rehost Image is working fine for me.

Thanks! This gets the job done.

I saw it has some resize options that could be useful, and I was thinking of setting them to the largest size you're allowed to post. However, it looks to me like the forum rules haven't been updated since 2006, and the official word is you shouldn't post images larger than 800x600 pixels. Almost every comic in this thread breaks one if not both of those dimensions. Is there some unofficial rule, guideline or recommendation regarding file size I should abide by? Or should I just post everything in timg tags?

Intelligent Life quality options!

800 width

1000 width

1,440 width, full size

Full size in timg tags

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Try this image size.

Intelligent Life

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Andorra posted:

Try this image size.

Intelligent Life
Yeah this seems like the best option to me.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Andorra posted:

Try this image size.

Intelligent Life

Intelligent Life

Feels better that way, but it's still legible, so it's not perfect.

Bloom County

Skippy (February 7, 1929)

Peanuts (April 10, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 23-24, 1929)

Thimble Theater (October 25, 1929)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 7, 2016

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Strontium posted:

1000 width

Correction - The gym revoked his membership for being a dangerous piece of poo poo for not using a weight collar.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Rand is Rand

I also just want to say as a wielder of an art degree, and a resident of NY, the current arc of Luann is incredibly painful.

DC Money
Feb 24, 2007
I'm a fancy lad.

Well, gosh darn them for being botanically correct! (a palm "tree" is in fact not a true tree, and while terms like "tree" or "grass" are too overly general, most palms are more like grasses than they are like trees).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set prepares food hygienically.

Working Daze commits loving sacrilege.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix butts.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Evil Mastermind posted:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Evil Mastermind posted:

That's it, this far and no further. Shut this fucker down.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze commits loving sacrilege
:frogout:
I've seen some pretty horrible things in these threads. But this? This is just sick.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Rand is Rand

I also just want to say as a wielder of an art degree, and a resident of NY, the current arc of Luann is incredibly painful.

This is inspired.

And you know Evans just used Tripadvisor to find touristy things slightly further down the list to sound marginally more legitimate. I hate when people get all uppity about doing touristy things while on a trip. I live right next to Disneyland, and if you wanted to do non-touristy things here your options are "wait in line for a donut at 9:00 pm" or "visit a hipster food court".

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Trickjaw posted:

That's it, this far and no further. Shut this fucker down.

SomeMathGuy posted:

:frogout:
I've seen some pretty horrible things in these threads. But this? This is just sick.

Who gives a poo poo? I mean honestly.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Now, I'm sure you're all asking, "who the hell finds this entertaining, rather than an completely joke-lacking insult to one of the industry's greats?"

This. This is who. This is the target audience.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Oh no someone is imitating the style of a comic strip I like as a one-off joke! :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
Sometimes it's fun to get hyperbolically mad about stuff on the internet! Funny gifs can even be involved!

Did Zakour already parody Calvin and Hobbes and I just missed it? I figure that one might even get some of the ol' GoComics posters up in arms.

• Locked thread