Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

i always knew yorick was sleeper op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

AHH FUGH posted:

Shhhh... Say nothing

They might take away our freelo

I like freelo but not like this. Never like this :negative:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, their idea to make Rod of Ages a better item... was to cut it's mana in half and cut a 435g amp tome worth of AP out of it for a 500g discount, making it a stat stick that doesn't have the stats to be worth taking up a valuable item slot compared to Rylai or one of these new items, Cool.

Spirit Visage

Combine Cost: 900 >> 800
Total Cost unchanged
MR: 70 >> 55
HP Regen: 150% >> 200%
Passive Healing: 20% >> 25%

Someone get Mundo on the phone.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Apr 7, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't get how 80 AP 10% cdr and a 300 unit dash doesn't hit riot as maybe a bit too strong? Like, a lot of champs are balanced by the idea they have no mobility or have to burn flash to get in like that. I know 300 units isn't a lot, but it really doesn't take much to send poo poo over the edge in this game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
rod of ages is a poo poo item anyway and i hate picking it up even if it's optimal

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kashuno posted:

I don't get how 80 AP 10% cdr and a 300 unit dash doesn't hit riot as maybe a bit too strong? Like, a lot of champs are balanced by the idea they have no mobility or have to burn flash to get in like that. I know 300 units isn't a lot, but it really doesn't take much to send poo poo over the edge in this game

I think they justify it by being 100 units less than Flash and being blocked by walls (which also means no belting out of J4 ults, Azir walls ect) but as someone pointed out earlier in the thread: for champs that are already using Flash as an engage tool like Annie and Ali it's a loving back up flash at worse.

Tired Moritz posted:

rod of ages is a poo poo item anyway and i hate picking it up even if it's optimal

Same. It's boring as gently caress and you don't even feel like it does something useful till its at max stacks. Also Catalyst feels lovely and honestly the current hp/mana on level up thing is fairly unnoticeable in non-ARAM modes.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
lmao if that goes into the game (it will) im glad i've been working on my lux and ziggs so i know how to passive waveclear for an eternity

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gridlocked posted:

I think they justify it by being 100 units less than Flash and being blocked by walls (which also means no belting out of J4 ults, Azir walls ect) but as someone pointed out earlier in the thread: for champs that are already using Flash as an engage tool like Annie and Ali it's a loving back up flash at worse.

Yeah and while it's not a huge escape tool, there are champs who if they use their ability to go in, don't have a reliable way out besides flash. This may be short, but sometimes just getting out of AA range a second earlier is all you need to live. Not to mention, this is a mini flash that does some pretty decent damage. I don't get it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kashuno posted:

Yeah and while it's not a huge escape tool, there are champs who if they use their ability to go in, don't have a reliable way out besides flash. This may be short, but sometimes just getting out of AA range a second earlier is all you need to live. Not to mention, this is a mini flash that does some pretty decent damage. I don't get it.

A lot of the time getting out of AA range for one or two hits is all you need.

I think maybe just go "but its an item therefor an extra button, more complexity" but really if you know what you're doing its not THAT big an issue.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

it'd be fine i think if there's a brief delay like trist's rocket jump that can be exploited

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't playing when they did the ADC update, was their original itemization change plan for that update half as wild as this one is?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tired Moritz posted:

Start Mana Crystal and 3 biscuits on Malzahar

Get Catalyst ASAP

Congratualtions, you won the game through pure sustain and mid lane pressure

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AHH FUGH posted:

Start Mana Crystal and 3 biscuits on Malzahar

Get Catalyst ASAP

Congratualtions, you won the game through pure sustain and mid lane pressure

isn't malz on the midyear rework thing?

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
with the removal of spell vamp Vlad is going to get a rework on his E and ult and will be given a unique resource called phylactery of blood or some poo poo, where he gains some every time he Qs an enemy champion. when the bar is full he can ult and it'll be an AoE max health percent damage booster. Phreak will say that he's great in skirmishes and protracted fights but doesn't do well in hard engages. he will be bad at first but then he'll get a small buff, people will figure out how to play him and he'll be overpowered for two patches before being hit with a double nerf to his items and abilities and sent back to unviability for another two years.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

I'm hoping that Unholy Grail might be a transformative pickup - but there's a good chance that they'll just kind of both be bad.

I feel like something is wrong if you're calling your changes bad before they even happen

re: Rocket belt

quote:

I'm betting that Annie breaks the game in half with it. That's not even a bet - the bet is more like - is there an iteration that allows this and Annie to coexist

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 7, 2016

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I wasn't playing when they did the ADC update, was their original itemization change plan for that update half as wild as this one is?

aside from numbers tweaks i think everything from the adc update made it to live, so not really. people had a similar reaction to death's dance at the time though, saying that it was going to break [list of champions] and then no one bought it for months when it hit live. the community is not always great at evaluating things.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Are there any galio enthusiasts out there? I can imagine having a guaranteed way to dash>ult would help him out a lot since his biggest issue is getting more than a one man ult without flashing

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It could help, but it won't break him by a long shot. It might not even be good on him because of the stats.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
300 dash isn't jack poo poo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Flash is 400 range, 300 range + no terrain passage isn't as big of a deal as it sounds

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
It is if it's animation cancellable.

If it's not, or if there was a brief 0.1 second silence after using the dash, i think the item would be ok

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the 300 range dash is less than nidalee pounce, its pretty underwhelming. the damage on it is what you have to focus on, someone like leblanc or diana that are already on top of you will easily hit the full nova on someone depending on where the projectiles originate from. if they don't come from the center of your champion it would actually be fine, since someone like vlad or swain would be in the middle of poo poo but not in melee range so they can make good use of it.

pretty big AP cho buff imo

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
^^^^^
Flash feast 2.0.

Hopefully it will have a similar travel speed as LeBlanc w or even Ahri ultimate so I can make those sick flay denies. This is definitely one of those items that'll be tough to judge until it comes out.

It does seem interesting but definitely a prime candidate for "strong on X champ, let's nerf champ and then the item" as people have suggested.

foutre fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 7, 2016

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

foutre posted:

^^^^^
Flash feast 2.0.

Hopefully it will have a similar travel speed as LeBlanc w or even Ahri ultimate so I can make those sick flay denies. This is definitely one of those items that'll be tough to judge until it comes out.

It does seem interesting but definitely a prime candidate for "strong on X champ, let's nerf champ and then the item" as people have suggested.

It's listed at 1200 dash speed which is a bit slower than leblanc W

It's really pretty conservative for a mobility item, I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it through testing especially if the item's stats are undertuned to account for it like on zhonya.

edit: did the math and it's about at 100% stat efficiency so it's not like zhonya where you're paying 500 gold for the active.

Tales of Woe fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 7, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
It's a Vayne tumble with three quarters of an Ahri W at the end. Because Riot design goals vs results usually don't quite match up I'm gonna bet against them and say Rocket Belt becomes an item that buffs "dive/initiate harder" champs more than "initiate without flash" champs who will still suck and need an instant, wall jumping blink to accomplish anything. I bet it will be built on the likes of Ahri Akali Fiddlesticks Diana Katarina Leblanc and any other already mobile "get-in" AP assassin I forgot or appears because of reworks or is released.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I don't like new Grail. I feel like it's going to make solo lane Lulu even more of a problem in competitive and be completely underwhelming on everyone else, except MAYBE Karma.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like how they said with new grail it will likely be poo poo but :effort:

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Sona might find it usable against a comp that sucks at engage. Bard too. Comedy option: Lux and Orianna.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

their reasoning of "we cant leave grail as it is because it undermines our itemization changes so we'll try something experimental with it to gather data and see what works" is probably fine. it isnt similar at all really to the old item so they could just remove it and make a new item but well, already got the icon i guess.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Do y'all think the ibg sunny cape combo would be good on Darius

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

its fine but you cant really go back for the cleaver at that point and you don't really have the mobility to abuse the build

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
oh ok

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn-_tST17bs

Yes, perfect.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Let's combine force staff and damage

What could go wrong

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

This is truly fantastic.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

ZenVulgarity posted:

Let's combine force staff and damage

What could go wrong

Force staff used to have damage on it, until they were like, derp OP

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
where is his nipples

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Where is Choo Choo Sion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

• Locked thread