Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

alf_pogs posted:

whats the general opinion on super mario 3D land on 3DS? i loved 3D world a lot
It's my third favorite game I've played on 3DS after Link Between Worlds and Shovel Knight. It's also one of the few games I've liked enough to 100%. You're in for a good time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think 3D Land is just okay and will probably be really underwhelming if you play it after 3D World since that game's basically an all-around better version of it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Augus posted:

I think 3D Land is just okay and will probably be really underwhelming if you play it after 3D World since that game's basically an all-around better version of it.

I beat 3D Land, got 3D World, played the poo poo out of 3D World, then went back and finished 100%ing 3D Land. It's not as good or inventive as World (few games are), but it's really fun and a great game in its own right.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rirse posted:

Shame they never made more of those. I remember liking G&WG4 a lot. By the way when is Super Metroid and LttP coming to the US 3DS eshop?

Super Metroid, LTTP and DKC2 are all coming out next week.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And More posted:

So, which of the older Fire Emblems are worth checking out? I figure the first one must be good, but people seem conflicted about Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon.

I've enjoyed basically every FE except awakening, but I haven't played the DS remake of the older one.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thanks for all the votes for SM3DLand; im three worlds deep and hooked. i miss some elements of world, and the tanooki suit seems to render some levels a joke, but god drat its fun and controls like a dream. great game so far

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 7):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Lovely Planet - €8.49 / £6.74 for those who downloaded the nindies@home until May 7, standard price €9.99 / £7.99
    Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus - €13.34 / £12.09
    Asdivine Hearts - €9.99 / £8.99
    Super Robo Mouse - €4.49 / £4.09
    Epic Dumpster Bear - €9.49 / £7.49
WII DOWNLOADS ON WII U
    Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - €19.99 / £17.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Fire Emblem (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £3.14 until April 14
    Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones (Wii U VC) - €3.49 / £3.14 until April 14
    Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (Wii U VC) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 14
    Steamworld Dig (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.49 until April 21
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until April 28

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - €39.99 / £34.99 (April 8)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Witch & Hero 2 - €3.99 / £3.19
3DS MENU THEMES (April 8)
    Frozen - €2.49 / £2.29
    Mickey & Friends - €2.49 / £2.29
    Stitch - €2.49 / £2.29
    The Little Mermaid - €2.49 / £2.29
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until April 14
    Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) - €29.99 / £26.49, all DLC 50% off until April 14
    Steamworld Dig (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £4.49 until April 21

NA update (week of April 7):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Star Fox Zero $49.99(pre-load, out April 22)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Emojikara: A Clever Emoji Matching Game - 2.99
    Epic Dumpster Bear - $9.99
    Super Robo Mouse - $4.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Game & Watch Gallery 4 (Game Boy Advance) - $6.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Lovely Planet (Wii U eShop) - $2.99 until April 14
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - $7.49 until April 28
    Lovely Planet (Wii U eShop) - $7.49 for those who downloaded the nindies@home demo until May 5

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden (update)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Doll Fashion Atelier - $4.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Fates Map Pack 1 - $17.99, covers 11 additional maps released weekly from February 25
    Anna On The Run (Anna, difficulty *) - $1.99
3DS MENU THEMES (April 8)
    Frozen - $?
    Mickey & Friends - $?
    Stitch - $?
    The Little Mermaid - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - $6.70 until April 14
    Legend of Dark Witch 2 (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until April 14
    Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS eShop) - $9.99 until June 1

NOA's doing a spring sale with 'up to 30% off select 3DS/Wii U games", the prices will go live here in a few hours: http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

alf_pogs posted:

thanks for all the votes for SM3DLand; im three worlds deep and hooked. i miss some elements of world, and the tanooki suit seems to render some levels a joke, but god drat its fun and controls like a dream. great game so far

Don't quit after World 8.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I still haven't finished 3D Land because my back log is absurd, but I have really enjoyed it even though I wish that one could have Luigi, the superior Mario brother, from the start. The Tanooki suit looks great but it does make some levels too easy, and sometimes not having it makes some levels too hard. I really like the Boomerang Brothers suit and I wish that they had done more with it, such as making switches that you have to hit or items to fetch. Nevertheless, a fine game. I have 3D World as well, but I am waiting to play it until after I finish 3D Land 100% for obvious reasons.

On another note, all of the fantastic SNES releases on the New 3DS are making me think about upgrading. If I do, what's the best way to transfer my data? I have a universal USB card reader, so I was hoping that I could copy my SD card to my PC and then move it back to the micro SD card when I upgrade, but I"m not sure if it's as simple as that. Any thoughts/previous experience?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It's as simple as that.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Saoshyant posted:

It's as simple as that.

Brilliant, thank you.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
oh yeah, I forgot to mention it but the DBZ Extreme Butoden update adds online multiplayer. Right on time!

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOA's doing a spring sale with 'up to 30% off select 3DS/Wii U games", the prices will go live here in a few hours: http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

Sales are up now, but aren't great. I really don't think Nintendo understands digital pricing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

most of those sales choices seem random as gently caress and not that great, I always mistake steamworld dig for Heist and get excited. Butoden was a pretty fun demo for a kind of sequel to those old DBZ snes games so getting 10 bux off that is actually a good deal, at the very least.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am excited for Super Dodge Ball for $3.49 and also uhh

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

MinibarMatchman posted:

I always mistake steamworld dig for Heist and get excited.

I saw Codename STEAM in there and got excited for a second for the same reason :smith:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Happy to see Kirby's Dreamland 2 dropped from the price of a cup of coffee to the price of a slightly cheaper cup of coffee

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I vaguely remember enjoying a few of the G&W Gallery games, anyone know if 4 is worthwhile?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Not a Children posted:

I vaguely remember enjoying a few of the G&W Gallery games, anyone know if 4 is worthwhile?

Probably the most worthwhile of the bunch; you can play the games you unlock in the museum so it has a good amount of G&W games, like at least 20 if I remember correctly.

But it's not mobile so there's that?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The best Game and Watch minigame is the one where Mario and Luigi make cakes in a factory where Wario is the delivery truck driver + Bowser is their mean boss

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Didn't G&W4 have a boxing game where it has Luigi fighting Wiggle and I think Waluigi?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PAL update (week of April 7):

NA update (week of April 7):

Epic Dumpster Bear

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rirse posted:

Didn't G&W4 have a boxing game where it has Luigi fighting Wiggle and I think Waluigi?

yeah, that's the one. Has a bunch of bonus games and even a Zelda G+W you can unlock later.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Game & Watch Gallery 4 is pretty great. Not every game in it is that fun, including some of the modern versions, but there are so many of them that it barely matters.

I do hate how the version of Fire seems way harder to me in it compared to the first game, probably due to the screen being wider and thus making it really hard to judge between two falling babies in the first and third positions at times.

Mario's Bombs Away is one of the Museum games (which don't give stars or have a Modern remake) and it's pretty rad. Bomb Sweeper and Climber also took up a lot of my time.

If it had Oil Panic and Turtle Bridge from the earlier games it would be almost perfect.

Discount Viscount fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 7, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
How long is this spring sale running for?
EDIT: Found the actual article announcing the sale; runs til the 21st!

jivjov fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 7, 2016

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Super Metroid, LTTP and DKC2 are all coming out next week.

I'm glad I arbitrarily chose to read this thread when I did, or I'd have missed this news.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are the NA spring sale games/prices, ends in a couple weeks:

Mario Kart 8 - $41.99
Mario Party 10 - $34.99
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash - $34.99
Wii Party U - $28.19
Wii Fit U - $20.99
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $13.99
Ducktales Remastered - $4.99

Art of Balance - $6.29
Teslagrad - $9.99
Steamworld Dig - $6.99

Duck Hunt - $3.49
Mach Rider - $3.49
F-ZERO GP Legend - $4.89
Final Fight One - $5.59
Konami Krazy Racers - $4.89

Mario Kart 7 - $20.99
Puzzle & Dragons Z & SMB - $20.99
Codename STEAM - $28.19
Mario & Luigi Dream Team - $28.19
Paper Mario Sticker Star - $28.19
Mario Tennis Open - $28.19
Shin Megami Tensei 4 - $13.99
Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden - $20.99
Story of Seasons - $29.99
The LEGO Movie Game - $13.99
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - $11.99

Inazuma Eleven - $13.99
Steamworld Dig - $5.99
Mighty Switch Force 2 - $4.19
Gunman Clive - $1.39

Kirby's Dream Land 2 - $2.79
Punch-Out!! - $3.49
Mach Rider - $3.49
Super Dodge Ball - 43.49
Galaga - $3.49

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Don't buy Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I assume that's laid out same way as usual? WiiU Retail, eShop, Virtual Console, then repeat with 3DS?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Is there a reason why Nintendo has different Virtual Console discounts for each system? Most of the games are on both systems

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VLR for 12 bucks is tempting even though I already own it on Vita.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vita has trophies, which is the only reason to play a game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VLR was my first platinum lol. I got a platinum trophy for reading every chapter.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

Don't buy Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

Don't buy Mario Tennis Open either

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gamestop has Codename STEAM for $10 right now (or did yesterday) so don't buy that either.

nerdman42 posted:

I assume that's laid out same way as usual? WiiU Retail, eShop, Virtual Console, then repeat with 3DS?

Yup.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Will Tekken Tag Tournament 2 disappoint me, given that the first TTT is one of my most played games ever but is the only Tekken game I ever really got into?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It has a Snoop Dogg stage so you tell me.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

TTT2 is really fun but I can't imagine there's really anyone online at this point (especially on the Wii U version)

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Do not even ask posted:

Don't buy Mario Tennis Open either

are they both that bad? i was considering picking up both because i've generally enjoyed mario sports games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mario Tennis Open has very little to do outside of standard matches and Ultra Smash is literally just tennis with Mario characters.