Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Mr. Neutron posted:

I wish the next update let you select which hero you want to borrow, itīs depressing that all my 35 allies offer for DS missions are Phasma or Sid :(
It's almost like.... this video game has terrible balance and is made by retards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
In more positive news, my all-Jedi team reached a record rank of 24 on my (admittedly not overly competitive) shard. That is most likely itīs limit though since the top 20 is a Dooku-led, 7* Rey and RG land of terror :v:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
EDIT: My code is 534-661-235

I'm lost as to what I should be doing. I'm around L48 now and with it seeming to be so hard to add stars to characters I've been focusing on getting the primary teams up to equipment L4 and boosting their skills. Here's my lineup:

Talia - 3 stars 21/30 shards
GS - 2 stars 6/25
Jawa - 3 stars 0/30
IG-88 - 3 stars 0/30
Phasma - 3 stars 5/30
Storm Han - 3 stars 0/30
RG - 2 stars 6/25
Ewok Elder - 2 stars 2/25
JC - 2 stars 5/25
IG-86 - 1 star 12/15
Magma - 1 star 12/15

I have a couple of hangers on like the clone trooper, snow trooper, etc. but they aren't in the lineup when I try to do the Arena or GW matches.

Inactive characters with the highest shard counts:

Sidious 40/80
Vader 39/80
Res Trooper 9/25
Rex 20/80

I don't understand what the ally currency is for. I have about 20k there.

EDIT EDIT: I forgot to mention I burned some crystals on a chromium card and got Cad Bane. I haven't touched him yet so he's still at L1.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 7, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Dick Trauma posted:

EDIT: My code is 534-661-235

I'm lost as to what I should be doing. I'm around L48 now and with it seeming to be so hard to add stars to characters I've been focusing on getting the primary teams up to equipment L4 and boosting their skills. Here's my lineup:

Talia - 3 stars 21/30 shards
GS - 2 stars 6/25
Jawa - 3 stars 0/30
IG-88 - 3 stars 0/30
Phasma - 3 stars 5/30
Storm Han - 3 stars 0/30
RG - 2 stars 6/25
Ewok Elder - 2 stars 2/25
JC - 2 stars 5/25
IG-86 - 1 star 12/15
Magma - 1 star 12/15

I have a couple of hangers on like the clone trooper, snow trooper, etc. but they aren't in the lineup when I try to do the Arena or GW matches.

Inactive characters with the highest shard counts:

Sidious 40/80
Vader 39/80
Res Trooper 9/25
Rex 20/80

I don't understand what the ally currency is for. I have about 20k there.

EDIT EDIT: I forgot to mention I burned some crystals on a chromium card and got Cad Bane. I haven't touched him yet so he's still at L1.
You get ally currency from borrowing/lending toons to your allies when they run something. You then spend it only on the last data card which usually gives you garbage but can give you a character or shards. Don't hoard that currency, spend it.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I switched my darkside leader to be Daka, as help for folks who might not have her.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

How exactly do you pick which leader shows up? Is it the last one you used in GW or the last one you used in PVP or the last one you used on a mission or ?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Syrinxx posted:

How exactly do you pick which leader shows up? Is it the last one you used in GW or the last one you used in PVP or the last one you used on a mission or ?

I think it's the last one you used in a particular area, so you actually have the potential to donate 3 different characters: dark side, light side, cantina. Maybe challenges too?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

I think it's the last one you used in a particular area, so you actually have the potential to donate 3 different characters: dark side, light side, cantina. Maybe challenges too?

I wish it'd just let you either pull from their team, or their entire roster. Or, heck. Let the player decide "Five" characters people can pull from. That'd be cool.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Created a google spreadsheet. Link in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

It's easier to read a spreadsheet than a series of posts. Everyone with a link can edit it, so the link is hidden in private game servers.

I just added my # to this, and then added everyone in it. If you are going to do this, I would highly recommend installing Andy/Bluestacks on your computer...numpad is great. Anyways, if you're not on it, here's mine: 313-466-624

I usually run Dooku for DS and Barriss/Lumi LS, I'll try to swap that to Daka (6*) and Barriss (6*), since those will help the most.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Did a much more aggressive purge of any allies who weren't on the spreadsheet and I have 20 slots open now, added a couple but feel free to add me from said spreadsheet (e: esp if you're not running Sidious lead like 99.9% of players)

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 7, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I just ran a DS mission with Daka lead, and an LS with Barriss. Could someone who I've just added see if they what heroes they get from me?

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Purged list of anyone not on spreadsheet, added myself to it and sent some invites out. No idea who my leads are right now, but try to avoid the typical ones.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Malgrin posted:

I just ran a DS mission with Daka lead, and an LS with Barriss. Could someone who I've just added see if they what heroes they get from me?

Assuming you are "Mal" in game, the request showed a 4* Barriss but in my list you show as a 6* Rey

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

Assuming you are "Mal" in game, the request showed a 4* Barriss but in my list you show as a 6* Rey

Funny. I just ran a challenge with Rey lead...but the last mission I ran in LS was definitely Barriss. I'm thinking it just uses whatever hero you last used in any mode. This is particularly frustrating because of the AGI/INT challenges, where you're most likely going to want Phasma and Chewie.

E: Also, I previously had Sid in there, but am trying to remove him, Lumi, and Phasma from lead in any mode because that doesn't help anyone.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 7, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I think the leaders for challenges are pulled from gold/droid/mat teams, since you can't borrow from str/ago/int teams.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

I think the leaders for challenges are pulled from gold/droid/mat teams, since you can't borrow from str/ago/int teams.

The only mode I've ever used Rey as lead is in the attacker's challenge, and she showed as a leader in LS mode (if I understand Syrinxx right).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I said gently caress it and I am farming for Grievous now. My Cantina energy is going to Barriss but pretty much everything else is going to start going towards Grievous. I really don't have the need for anything else right now and I wanna see how long its going to take to get him to 7* (I assume forever)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I said gently caress it and I am farming for Grievous now. My Cantina energy is going to Barriss but pretty much everything else is going to start going towards Grievous. I really don't have the need for anything else right now and I wanna see how long its going to take to get him to 7* (I assume forever)

Malgrin posted:

Assuming you earn 2.25 Arena purchases and 3 GW purchases per day, that works out to 26.25 shards per day (we're going to assume you're still putting cantina/regular energy and cantina shipments to other heroes for now). This is 2.625 Grievous shards per day. This is 126 days of putting every arena and GW token into GG. When you think about it, that's not SO bad, because at the rate they are adding heroes to Arena/GW shipments (one for each since I started in December), you will eventually run out of heroes to spend these tokens on. I mean, I'm really close to just throwing GW at GG anyways (after Teebo, of course).

However, if you wanted to throw every resources you had at Grevious, you could speed that up by a bit. Spending 200 crystals per day, you would have 240 cantina energy and 480 (+135) regular energy per day. At the estimated 1/3 Cantina and HM farm rate, this works out to 17 HM shards, 10 Cantina shards, and 5 Cantina Battle shards per day, bringing our total up to 58 shards per day, or 5.8 GG shards per day. This brings our time down to 57 days farming. So, once you max everything (including gear) at level 80, you can have GG maxed in just 2 months.

e: subtracting the 10 cantina shards per day and you're looking at 69 days of farming.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Malgrin posted:

The only mode I've ever used Rey as lead is in the attacker's challenge, and she showed as a leader in LS mode (if I understand Syrinxx right).
Rey shows as your icon in my ally list. Your LS leader is showing a 6* Barriss

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Malgrin posted:

e: subtracting the 10 cantina shards per day and you're looking at 69 days of farming.

gently caress it I wont assume they will be releasing anything worth a poo poo in those 69 days.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

Rey shows as your icon in my ally list. Your LS leader is showing a 6* Barriss

Cool, well, this confirms LS/DS leaders. Whoever you want as your LS/DS leader, just run a mission with them and it will update pretty quickly -- since endgame all you do is auto these, it won't really matter. Still no clue on challenges -- could take from your most recent challenge, or only your most recent xp/$$/mat challenge. I'm guessing for the icon it shows whoever you most recently used as a leader, regardless of mode.

MarcusSA posted:

gently caress it I wont assume they will be releasing anything worth a poo poo in those 69 days.

I think this is a fair assumption. I still have a lot of heroes I want access to (like droids) that could be good OP after literally any update. Most of the heroes I'm working on right now I'm not even going to bother with gear, I just want their shards so I can fairly quickly transition to a new meta.

Here's my hero rundown:
GW: Lumi, RP, 86, Poggle. (Phasma and Teebo in progress)
Arena: Sid, Eeth, Asajj (88, Han, Ackbar in progress)
HM: (Rey, JC, RG, FOTP, Ewok Elder, Barriss, Poe in progress -- I'm spending a lot on refreshes anyways for the xp)
Cantina credits: QGJ (Daka in progress)
Cantina Battles: Luke (whoops), Dooku (Barriss/JC in progress, Kylo, GS at 4*, working on Chirpa or GS next -- I just don't like GS, and I want some Ewoks)

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yoda owns.

Of course enemy Kylo did his AOE and then everyone just murdered his rear end.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Nice

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 8, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Savage is now 7*. Who next? IG88, hk47 or stormtrooper han? Eeth, Asajj, Sidious are also 7*.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Savage is now 7*. Who next? IG88, hk47 or stormtrooper han? Eeth, Asajj, Sidious are also 7*.

I think I'd go 88 or Han.

Also, until they fix the QGJ/Savage thing, Savage is pretty bad -- if QGJ uses his buff removal on Savage, it triggers Savages buffs, which then get cleared, and QGJ gives his whole team offence up. It's a pretty brutal t1, especially if Yoda gets his stupid dodge thing t1, then gives everyone another couple turns of dodge, offence up, and tenacity.

EA_Jesse posted:

More Guild update stuff tomorrow, Balance Update stuff on Monday or Tuesday (yes, the Balance update is next week). Lots of info coming still!

Uhh...ok. Thought we had a month on this? This was from yesterday, so, we'll get the community update today with info on guilds.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 8, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Currently running phasma/lum/ig86/sid/kylo for arena. What's a better team given the following: 7*:Poggle, Eeth, Lum, Sid, Kylo, IG-86, Asajj, Phasma, Savage; 6*: Yoda, QGJ, Dooku, JC, Ahsoka; 5*: Daka, Chewie, Barriss, Obi-Wan

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Currently running phasma/lum/ig86/sid/kylo for arena. What's a better team given the following: 7*:Poggle, Eeth, Lum, Sid, Kylo, IG-86, Asajj, Phasma, Savage; 6*: Yoda, QGJ, Dooku, JC, Ahsoka; 5*: Daka, Chewie, Barriss, Obi-Wan

Honestly, Phasma, Lumi, Sid, and Kylo are really not scary right now. I would probably run Dooku (L), QGJ, IG-86, Lumi, +1. I'm really not sure who. I mean, I guess you could run Phasma in there. His advantage up is really good on offence. The problem on defence is that he uses speed down first, so you can usually snipe the heavy hitters before there's a problem. Also, I generally run Dooku and Daka, which means I frequently stun 2, and sometimes 3-4 heroes right at the start. There's almost always a QGJ or a Lumi, where I've got a 90% proc on a Dooku stun, and he has pretty absurd Potency, so, really good chance there. Then Daka comes in with a decent stun chance, so...suddenly people proccing extra attacks isn't too scary because there's a high chance they're going off a stunned hero.

I think probably the two best all around team comps are:

Dooku, QGJ, GS, Rey, RG/Han

QGJ, Yoda, GS, Rey, RG/Han

RG/Han can also be replaced by another glass cannon, but, they're really good at soaking up damage right now, and Han's turn meter manipulation is pretty sweet. Poe's also not bad in that slot, but he's a lot worse than he used to be. Also, Dooku/Rey/RP has some really good synergy with Foresight/Offence up. If Foresight is up, then QGJ can't proc offence up with his ability because it always gets dodged.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Besides siduous, who should I buy with my arena stuff? I made it to the 750 a day bracket pretty easily, and so I have a leftover 350 after buying each days Sid.

My team currently sucks a lot, I'm struggling to get through the 4th area on lighrside and the 3rd on dark, but my hard mode shard gathering is going really bad. Got a single JC shard today over six Sims, so he is still rank 2.

My current line up is:

Lighside:

Chewie ***
Jawa ***
JC **
Ewok Scout **
Clone phase 1 **

Darkside:

Talia ***
Greedo **
Royal Guard *
Snowtrooper *

Been spending my cantina energy trying to get chewie shards in hopes that 4star is a big boost to him. Also have been trying to get luminara and dooku from hardmodes, and am 10 on lumi and 13 on dookie.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

Besides siduous, who should I buy with my arena stuff? I made it to the 750 a day bracket pretty easily, and so I have a leftover 350 after buying each days Sid.

My team currently sucks a lot, I'm struggling to get through the 4th area on lighrside and the 3rd on dark, but my hard mode shard gathering is going really bad. Got a single JC shard today over six Sims, so he is still rank 2.

My current line up is:

Lighside:

Chewie ***
Jawa ***
JC **
Ewok Scout **
Clone phase 1 **

Darkside:

Talia ***
Greedo **
Royal Guard *
Snowtrooper *

Been spending my cantina energy trying to get chewie shards in hopes that 4star is a big boost to him. Also have been trying to get luminara and dooku from hardmodes, and am 10 on lumi and 13 on dookie.

Shipments refresh every 6 hours, so theoretically you can buy 20 shards per day of the same hero.

I would stop farming Chewie. He is pretty bad and you will stop using him completely in anything by 55ish. Use cantina energy on Geo Soldier.
Dooku is a great HM use, probably the best. At level 40 you will get access to galactic war, which will net you up to 15 Lumi shards per fay, so farming her in HM isn't great. Talia is worth getting to about 5* off hard mode because she is one of the only dark side healers.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
They posted this weeks Dev comments, with notes about next weeks balance update but I am not going to bother linking to the post because the update is 100% identical to the update from 3 or 4 weeks ago when they announced what they were planning for balance changes. No joke, this weeks update is a copy and paste of an update from about a month ago. It also has some raid info, but come on, how loving low effort can they get.

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
Are droid teams still viable? Thinking of setting up a 88/86/hk/gs/poggle team. Which I assume is the standard droid lineup.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Rearden posted:

Are droid teams still viable? Thinking of setting up a 88/86/hk/gs/poggle team. Which I assume is the standard droid lineup.

Still pretty scary in Arena. However, a lot of people replace HK with a tank like RG, Poe, or Han.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

RG is kind of amazing? Enemy Dooku and Sidious had a turn, no enemy attacked after that thanks to Hoth Rebel Scout, Daka, and Royal Guard.

Next patch they're going to buff the poo poo out of CUP and then it will be stuns vs. tenacity teams.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Rearden posted:

They're somewhat slow for the current meta, but that's all up in the air once the balance patch hits next week.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Malgrin posted:

Still pretty scary in Arena. However, a lot of people replace HK with a tank like RG, Poe, or Han.
IG88 is an absolute shitwrecker with Poe if he lands a few exposes on turn 1, I have gotten erased by droid teams with 2500 power lower than me due to that combo

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

IG88 is an absolute shitwrecker with Poe if he lands a few exposes on turn 1, I have gotten erased by droid teams with 2500 power lower than me due to that combo

The scariest thing I've ever seen happen...Opponent team was IG-88 (L), Poggle, Poe, Sidious, and maybe GS? I'm running a fairly normal comp of Dooku, QGJ, and then probably Lumi, RP, and Daka. Might not have been Daka, could've been someone else though.

Anyways, My dooku goes first, fails to stun IG-88 (he's one of those heroes I will always hit with QGJ/Dooku first). Sid goes, lands 1-2 debuffs on my whole team. Poe goes, lands at least two exposes. IG-88 goes, I have Dooku and Lumi still standing.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Just started playing this and finally unlocked Allies. My ally code is 472-872-134 if anyone has room for a scrub.

Is it just me, or is Savage Oppress pretty good? I got him in some starter deal and his finisher really makes short work of my enemies.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

GlitchThief posted:

Just started playing this and finally unlocked Allies. My ally code is 472-872-134 if anyone has room for a scrub.

Is it just me, or is Savage Oppress pretty good? I got him in some starter deal and his finisher really makes short work of my enemies.

We've got a spreadsheet in the last couple pages, add yourself to it, and then add anyone in there.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Oh snap. That's what I get for skimming. Thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

GlitchThief posted:

Oh snap. That's what I get for skimming. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm adding you though, and I'm level 73, so that should help.

Also, Savage is not very good right now (in arena), but literally anything could change next week, they are doing a balance update. His biggest problem is that he triggers offence and defence up when he takes damage. The problem with this is that everyone is running QGJ right now. His third attack removes all buffs from an enemy, and then if he does, gives his team offence up. The way that triggers stacks, QGJ deals damage to Savage, he gets his buffs, QGJ steals his buffs, QGJ's team gets offence up. It's pretty brutal. At some point, this might get fixed. Until then Savage is not very good in arena. However, he's a slower, tankier hero with turn manipulation, and if this next update goes as they are suggesting, heroes fitting that description are going to be better.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 9, 2016

• Locked thread