Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Brainwrong posted:

Also, I think someone here got married recently as I have them as a friend on facebook. However, I only know their real name and cannot remember who it was in here. So congratulations, random American facebook friend and fellow SA poster with a username I have forgtotten.

It wasn't me (although it probably would have been if the company I work for hadn't gone into administration) but I recently saw pictures of you from a few years back and drat have you lost some weight since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

krushgroove posted:

It wasn't me (although it probably would have been if the company I work for hadn't gone into administration) but I recently saw pictures of you from a few years back and drat have you lost some weight since then.

Thanks. I have lost nearly two stone since Aug 2015. I am hot now.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Lol so Bernie and Jean only agreed to go back to 2015 rules so it's not official yet and that means we have more time for Bernie and Jean fuckery.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

keevo posted:

Lol so Bernie and Jean only agreed to go back to 2015 rules so it's not official yet and that means we have more time for Bernie and Jean fuckery.

It's just a tactic to allow Bernie time to have some more cheese-dreams and come up with a better idea.

"Better"

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Brainwrong posted:

I've not read the thread for a few days. Can someone give me a brief summary of what this week's argument is about so I can join in?

I would like to tell you, but Wicka will reply 'stop this' then cry to Handknit who will then probate me, so its not worth the hassle.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

nsaP posted:

Can we drop this childish nonsense and get back to misogyny against Claire Williams please??

I CANT loving WIN CAN I? EITHER WAY IM loving PROBATED

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This is good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

You're not wrong.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

nice bruise 'lonso

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

nice bruise 'lonso

Nice.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
You see, much like Goku anytime Alonso dies he just gets stronger.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
And qualifying is back to normal.

Bernie;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_wEs9x7G3w&nohtml5=False

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I really hope this opens the floodgates to the teams thinking "Hey maybe we can work together and threaten Lucifer to get some poo poo done"

I can dream.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

dreesemonkey posted:

I really hope this opens the floodgates to the teams thinking "Hey maybe we can work together and threaten Lucifer to get some poo poo done"

I can dream.

Yeah and then Lucifer picks one of the teams and offer them an addition 50 million if they agree with him and break the syndicate. We've seen that story play out a few times before....

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

be nice wicka posted:

and the token restrictions have been greatly reduced for this year and are entirely gone next year. done.

Yes, it is gone next year. For this year, we look to be stuck with Mercedes domination. While I applaud the attempt to break out of the cycle of spend even more money to be competitive, the token system was doomed from the start.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The dumb thing with the token thing is that none of the manufacturers actually maxed it out, it's not controlling costs, the manufacturers are doing it on their own. It's just causing massive headaches because nobody can test the engine on the track.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You guy do realise that the token system is in fact being removed for 2017 right? I'd link all the sources for this but googling formula 1 token system 2017 gives 31,000 results. Baiting Wicka for lolz when he posts a fact that we all spent a lot of time discussing in the off season thread isn't cool guys.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

You guy do realise that the token system is in fact being removed for 2017 right? I'd link all the sources for this but googling formula 1 token system 2017 gives 31,000 results. Baiting Wicka for lolz when he posts a fact that we all spent a lot of time discussing in the off season thread isn't cool guys.

Please see my post.

Yes tokens are being removed, we'll have 2000hp quad turbo V8s and ground effects in 2017. I'll believe it when the regulations are posted.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
They should just allow teams do whatever the gently caress they want, Ferrari wants a V12 2000bhp monster? so be it, Mercedes wants to stick with their current engine? fine by me, Honda wants an electric engine? let them.

I don't see the problem, it'd actually be entertaining for once.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I think most people expect it gone, at least it's a rubberstamping job but with the engine restrictions and no in season testing, you're only bringing a maximum of 4 changes a year anyway to races and even then if you gently caress the reliability it's a huge risk.

I think this is where customer teams may come in handy. Mercedes can absolutely ask Manor try a new hotness, they will happily trade a couple of grid penalties a year for bleeding edge engines and Mercedes get solid data.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

Please see my post.

Yes tokens are being removed, we'll have 2000hp quad turbo V8s and ground effects in 2017. I'll believe it when the regulations are posted.

But they have been, It was part of the deal that put a cost cap on customer power units, along with an agreement that they would stick to v6 hybrids for the next 4 season.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

But they have been, It was part of the deal that put a cost cap on customer power units, along with an agreement that they would stick to v6 hybrids for the next 4 season.

he's right, the latest draft of the 2017 regs still includes the token limit. the "agreement" to remove them was made afterward and isn't official yet.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

They should just allow teams do whatever the gently caress they want, Ferrari wants a V12 2000bhp monster? so be it, Mercedes wants to stick with their current engine? fine by me, Honda wants an electric engine? let them.

I don't see the problem, it'd actually be entertaining for once.

Except when something like that is allowed you either end up with A) The Manufacturers converging on one design B) Can-Am.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

I don't trust a bloody thing in this sport unless it's on paper saying "these are the rules". I desperately want the token thing removed but I also think it's highly likely some party is proposing it as part of an ulterior motive. Every two months something is " going to happen" for 2017, I'm not trusting anything at this point.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

Baiting Wicka for lolz when he posts a fact that we all spent a lot of time discussing in the off season thread isn't cool guys.
This is not the The Worst Thread I once knew

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This thread is perfectly capable of batshit insanity when it's been too long between races all on it's own, don't really need to manufacture the drama, or get together to wind people up because you know they will crack first tbh.

The quali change still has 2 votes to go through guys, there still is time to gently caress this one up me thinks.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I have read a lot of comments that basicly amount to "The racing has been good this year" and while I agree it is better than last year, there really hasn't been much competition for the lead.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Anyone can go to the FIA's website and read the rules. It's one of the nicer things about this sport, you can just go to their website and look up stuff like the listed parts when all the teams were bitching about Haas.

It wasn't winding up Wicka it was a genuine "I know it's been said in passing, but where is it in the regs". During the day I'm on my phone cause my work hella locks down the internet otherwise I'd search for it myself.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Also, they officially are going back to last years qualy system now.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Human Grand Prix posted:

Except when something like that is allowed you either end up with A) The Manufacturers converging on one design B) Can-Am.

It'd still be better than what we have today.

daslog posted:

I have read a lot of comments that basicly amount to "The racing has been good this year" and while I agree it is better than last year, there really hasn't been much competition for the lead.

Mercedes keep loving up their starts, but once they fix that then it's back to boring 1-2s with them lapping the whole field and people getting excited over Max Verstappen passing Bottas for 6th place.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't trust a bloody thing in this sport unless it's on paper saying "these are the rules". I desperately want the token thing removed but I also think it's highly likely some party is proposing it as part of an ulterior motive. Every two months something is " going to happen" for 2017, I'm not trusting anything at this point.

I'm not sure I would trust the rules even if they were on paper.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

In what fantasy world do you have Bottas running as high as 6th this season?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
The only team that wants everything to stay exactly as it is are Mercedes and since they provide engines to other teams they can influence their decisions as well.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

1500quidporsche posted:

In what fantasy world do you have Bottas running as high as 6th this season?

He qualified 6th last race dude

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
From the official FIA statement.

quote:

Jean Todt and Bernie Ecclestone welcomed the idea put forward by the teams to have a global assessment of the format of the weekend for 2017.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

This is a false dilemma. You have other options — making good posts, for example.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

learnincurve posted:

From the official FIA statement.

what a non-statement

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hand Knit posted:

This is a false dilemma. You have other options — making good posts, for example.

:iceburn:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

What happeend to the adventure time avatar anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Anyone can go to the FIA's website and read the rules. It's one of the nicer things about this sport, you can just go to their website and look up stuff like the listed parts when all the teams were bitching about Haas.

It wasn't winding up Wicka it was a genuine "I know it's been said in passing, but where is it in the regs". During the day I'm on my phone cause my work hella locks down the internet otherwise I'd search for it myself.

they are kind of difficult to search on mobile bc they're only in pdf form and not well indexed

• Locked thread