Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It always drives me nuts when a question like that comes up during recording and we don't answer it. One of the nicer things about having a small group like ours is that one of us can disappear for a minute to check facts while we are live, and it doesn't harm the final product at all. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Well that's part of what makes your LP's so Cool guys.

Orv
May 4, 2011
And of course when someones dog goes apeshit we can just pretend nothing is wrong. :v:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The fact that Daud breaks timestop is such a loving rad detail. I never noticed it during my runs.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

The fact that Daud breaks timestop is such a loving rad detail. I never noticed it during my runs.

"And now we will have a fight that only we two can have!"

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Neat little thing, but anyone marked by the Outsider doesn't care about bend time. Some don't even have to be marked, just have to have been taught, like the royal interrogator.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I think there's some document in the game that says that one of Daud's powers is the ability to lend some of his power to others, hence all the teleporting minions. But none of them are quite as powerful as he is, so, they aren't immune to time stop.

And he's got at least one power we don't, the Tether ability that freezes someone in place (they used it on us during the Empress's assassination)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Daud is so interesting, as opposed even Corvo he really seems to be in it for the art of it all.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Speedball posted:

I think there's some document in the game that says that one of Daud's powers is the ability to lend some of his power to others, hence all the teleporting minions. But none of them are quite as powerful as he is, so, they aren't immune to time stop.

And he's got at least one power we don't, the Tether ability that freezes someone in place (they used it on us during the Empress's assassination)

Yeah, Daud is the source for the Whalers, just like the Outsider is the source for him and Corvo. It's kinda hard to talk about the full extent of his powers right now though.

Stormgale posted:

Daud is so interesting, as opposed even Corvo he really seems to be in it for the art of it all.

Hence why he's the subject of the dlc campaigns.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Speedball posted:

The Knife of Dunwall dlc lets you play as Daud and all of them are different from Corvo's. Some are very similar (e.g.: void gaze is blue instead of sepia and has rune/bonecharm detection) and others are unique to him.

Of the two, Corvo is the only one who can wind blast, summon rats or possess people/animals. Does this say anything about Corvo as a person? Probably not but it's fun to speculate.

double nine fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 6, 2016

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I really, really liked the DLC. Daud's perspective is very interesting, and playing as him was different in a very fun way. I even liked the challenge stuff.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
derp, i am dumb

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
I feel like I remember one of you saying you hadn't played the DLC before, right? If so, are you going into it completely blind, or not? If you are, I cannot wait for the first level :allears:

Also, re: the dude practicing his stealth, if you take out the teacher while the student can't see you, as soon as he sees that the teacher is gone he goes on alert. They planned for so much in this game and it is wonderful.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 7, 2016

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
This sewer level is somewhat more tolerable than the one in VtM Bloodlines, but this is definitely the Bloodlines sewer of Dishonored.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

IMJack posted:

This sewer level is somewhat more tolerable than the one in VtM Bloodlines, but this is definitely the Bloodlines sewer of Dishonored.
It lacks the wonderful abominations made out of stitching a group of corpses weepers together though.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Finished recording the last two missions for the main playthrough today! Yeah, technically revisiting the pub is its own mission and gives you a mission over screen. Go figure.

Had a really weird problem pop up where the framerate just could not handle... something going on at the pub when I was running FRAPs. Nothing I tried was really fixing it but thankfully I did get one recording where it was playable and relatively brief.

Lprsti99 posted:

I feel like I remember one of you saying you hadn't played the DLC before, right? If so, are you going into it completely blind, or not? If you are, I cannot wait for the first level :allears:

Coolguye hasn't, and technically since High Chaos goes first he will be a little spoiled on what happens. This of course won't help him too much since Daud's missions can get way more involved in a lot of ways when you're figuring it all out. The first mission alone is actually pretty flexible in what you can do or what the game will do based on your actions, and the ramifications of those decisions down the line. It's nice, not just a clear case of "Do X or do Y".

Poil posted:

It lacks the wonderful abominations made out of stitching a group of corpses weepers together though.

Megaweeper should have been a thing.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Well he wouldn't be blind playing it anyway because he replays a bunch routing it, right? So if anything High Chaos first just means he's commentating more blindly. :)

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

Well he wouldn't be blind playing it anyway because he replays a bunch routing it, right? So if anything High Chaos first just means he's commentating more blindly. :)

Indeed, and I think that'll be fantastic because there's definitely some amazing set-pieces that will be great for him to see for the first time for everyone to get an honest reaction of. That's one of those things I like doing in LPs, when you do or show something to your buddy and they go "Woah!" like every time I brutally murderfy someone and Coolguye audibly winces.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Or your laughter every time he whiffs a chokehold?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Stormgale posted:

Or your laughter every time he whiffs a chokehold?

Or violently ejects a guard into orbit.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Or violently ejects a guard into orbit.

Dunwall's space program has surprising launch success, surviving re-entry is the problem

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Poil posted:

This is digressing a bit from this game, but those weren't corpses, those people were alive before (and technically, after) the Tzimisce got it's hands on them and fleshcrafted them into those horrors :v: It's more like being able to manipulate flesh and bone like clay than stitching.

Super creepy.

As for the Flooded District, I actually liked this level. The assassins were fun enemies to deal with, and Daud is just great. The training section is great. The variety this level allows for in your actions is also great.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 7, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The rats Corvo can conjure up are plague rats, right? He could blink in and infect anyone with the plague, provided the rats didn't just eat them.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Megaweeper should have been a thing.
Only if it was part hound too to maximize the horror. Not sure it would fit with the game though. None of the outsider powers in the game would allow it.

apostateCourier posted:

This is digressing a bit from this game, but those weren't corpses, those people were alive before (and technically, after) the Tzimisce got it's hands on them and fleshcrafted them into those horrors :v It's more like being able to manipulate flesh and bone like clay than stitching.

Super creepy.
:stonk:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I vote for Megaweeper just having a load of Krusts growing all over it and shooting you with spit like Mega Man.

e:Krust

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 7, 2016

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Need hounds with krusks for heads.

E: Krusk grenade, spontaneously grows a gigantic pod of krusks, enemies can randomly have one.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

As for the Flooded District, I actually liked this level. The assassins were fun enemies to deal with, and Daud is just great. The training section is great. The variety this level allows for in your actions is also great.
Running the level on Low Chaos, I had forgotten how much it changes the level. Like there's a literal day and night difference. I'm really looking forward to recording commentary tonight.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Zomborgon posted:

I vote for Megaweeper just having a load of Krusks growing all over it and shooting you with spit like Mega Man.
No. Megaweeper is phase 1 of the fight.

Phase 2 is a smaller weeper with a krusk chestburster as its method of attack.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
This is going to make me sound like an absolute pedant, but the proper name for the acid clams is "krust", not "krusk". Because that grow out of the scummy crust on the river, you see.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

This is going to make me sound like an absolute pedant, but the proper name for the acid clams is "krust", not "krusk". Because that grow out of the scummy crust on the river, you see.

This was actually driving me nuts during our last episode but I didn't want to be 'that guy' on camera. :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

The Battle of Krust just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Fun facts about river krusts:

You can set a spring razor down near/on a krust and when they open up it'll activate and kill them. On a clean hands run, it's one of the few legitimate uses for them.

You can possess them. It is entirely pointless as you cannot move anywhere, but you can do it. They die afterwards too, so it arguably has a purpose for killing krusts that won't open up for you. Maybe lure dudes after you and then possess a krust and watch him get showered with acid to death while safely hiding inside one of them. Be the krust, Corvo.

Supposedly the elixirs you've been drinking all game have river krust goo as an ingredient. The krust has been inside you the entire time.

They're really loving gross.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
You can POSSESS them?!

This game has some Hideo Kojima level details sometimes I loving swear.

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015

Lunethex posted:

You can POSSESS them?!

This game has some Hideo Kojima level details sometimes I loving swear.

that sounds like a job for coolguye

coolguye posted:

If you think I'm getting any closer to those revolting sacks of bile and croaks than throwing distance you're crazy.
ORV ..ORV I change my answer to orv

skullhead tethyis fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 8, 2016

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

If a krust won't open up, just poke it with an explosive of some sort. Grenades and explosive darts are basically the easiest way to take out clusters with minimal effort.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Orv posted:

The Battle of Krust just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Means they can all eat burgers at the family resteraunt

The Krusty Krab

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
I have to ask, are you avoiding the mask zoom function intentionally? It's key for those long shots, or it is for me. Your marksmanship is frankly stunning.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ArcMage posted:

I have to ask, are you avoiding the mask zoom function intentionally? It's key for those long shots, or it is for me. Your marksmanship is frankly stunning.

Don't mistake his insane luck for marksmanship. :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

skullhead tethyis posted:

that sounds like a job for coolguye

If you think I'm getting any closer to those revolting sacks of bile and croaks than throwing distance you're crazy.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The Tzimisce are basically the only reason I would even consider playing Vampire with the kind of people that want to play Vampire.

Also every time RoboKy said "Krusk" I kept picturing the iconic D&D barbarian hurling acid flasks at Corvo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Orv wants me to defend myself regarding the me goofing up Krust thing but honestly I screw the names of everything up so consider it par for the course. I mean fair cop I have to be corrected on things every episode.

ArcMage posted:

In a lot of games, I tend to find the "zoom in" key for a lot of weapons to be irritatingly placed and often can't be bothered to remap them or a different key, or alternatively can't find a good key/mouse button to map them to. As a result I tend to prefer to snipe without using a zoom unless the gun mandates it. I think I did a little of this in Space Marine too.

• Locked thread