Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

TRUMP 2016

JUST DEAL WITH IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Jeb! posted:

It looks like everyone has forgotten about the Joyful Tortoise.

It's no biggie because everyone will remember me when they parachute this trusted conservative in to accept the party's nomination on July 18.

I can't wait to take it to Hillary Clinton and I will whup her.

https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/673196846106341377

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Patter Song posted:

The dozen Baltimore Republicans are just too small a group to guess.

They're white people in the middle of Baltimore. They're voting Trump.

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

John Q. Quarterback posted:

The conservative IK is handing out free stuff.
The leftist IK is wantonly restricting speech.

Amazing

These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with MAGA hats. These people we shitposted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After the General Election, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth pissing off.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

I just did a bunch of math and I think Trump is going to get between 1180 and 1200 delegates.

Unless he wins Indiana, in which case I think he sneaks the nomination outright.

Indiana is going to be the defining state for the entire primary.

Interesting, that's closer than I expected - how optimistic were you for east coast states like MD, CN, etc? And what was your CA estimate?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The first Vine I've actually had to turn up the volume to hear. Such low energy.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

thethreeman posted:

Interesting, that's closer than I expected - how optimistic were you for east coast states like MD, CN, etc? And what was your CA estimate?

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/can-you-get-trump-to-1237/

If he wins IN the likeliest outcome is 1220-1240. It looks like some of the individual CA CDs might keep his CA totals too low for 1237 even if he wins the state by decent margins, but the sample error for individual district polling is yuge.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Of course, it's worth noting that there are exactly zero (0) laws preventing Trump from just giving a briefcase full of cash to every uncommitted delegate for their vote

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

Epic High Five posted:

Of course, it's worth noting that there are exactly zero (0) laws preventing Trump from just giving a briefcase full of cash to every uncommitted delegate for their vote

A briefcase of cash maybe some vouchers to stay at his luxuriously yuge hotels across the U.S, and some cases of Trump water and Trump wine. I seriously want to see some delegates walk in sporting a shitload of Trump swag.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

still debatable whether or not he can actually afford it though!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Boosted_C5 posted:

What is my mod approval rating so far. This is important.

I need a focus group. I have to keep my position.

This is it. This is what it's like to be a politician. JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO TO STAY IN POWER, I'LL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!

You should probate this guy http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735135&userid=71849 for making GBS threads up the Trump thread. I don't think he actually wants to Make America Great Again.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Epic High Five posted:

the problem is that the delegates have already being bought in all likelihood and the combined wealth pool of the GOP party elite is a lot bigger than the wealth of donald j trump

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Okay Lion King was also great and Beauty and the Beast probably wasn't but I still enjoy it

No others though

Oh come on; have you never seen Wicked?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine how powerful Trump will be if he decides to put his delegates into an index fund

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

radical meme posted:

or "spamalot" "or "book of mormon" for that matter.:colbert:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

radical meme posted:

he's 12 y.o.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I like the book Wicked a lot and so far have not wanted to sully it by having to deal with actual, decent dialogue and exposition being replaced by insufferable showtunes

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

Reince stops to point out that Hillary's house has some paint flaking while his own house is burning down

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:stare:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I like the book Wicked a lot and so far have not wanted to sully it by having to deal with actual, decent dialogue and exposition being replaced by insufferable showtunes

Everyone I know seems to think that the book is pretty bad and the musical is very good, so you're probably missing out.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

reminds me of when someone at the national review tried to say that "won't get fooled again" by the who is a conservative song.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Kasich better buckle up for some indigestion, jeez!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

reminds me of when someone at the national review tried to say that "won't get fooled again" by the who is a conservative song.

reminds me of people trying to describe Millenials

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Majorian posted:

You mean, like obvious right wing groups David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, The Rolling Stones, Blue Oyster Cult, and CCR AND THE loving CRANBERRIES?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Paul Ryan's office is making some totally-not-campaign-ad videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxH4uIswiA

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

i miss Jeb!.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Joementum posted:

Paul Ryan's office is making some totally-not-campaign-ad videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxH4uIswiA

the bored lady on the phone in the thumbnail for his own self promotion video

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Fox Ironic posted:

Eh, white is questionable. Caucasian, definitely, but people are pretty divided on whether Ethnic Jews are white or not.

I mean, as little as 70 years ago we were *emphatically* Not White, but then the Holocaust happened and after that, suddenly we were. Then there's the whole thing that DNA markers can be tracked as being endemic to Jewish populations for dozens of generations coupled with a Cultural Identity very much distinct from Mainstream White Identity, not to mention the existence of Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews who are definitely not White and still share more culturally and genetically with Ashkenazi Jews than any other ethnic group and the whole thing gets super complicated.

For posterity, I tend to say Ethnic Jews (especially when culturally, if not religiously observant) fall in the Non-White Caucasians category, which includes Armenians, Arabs, Levantines and Romani.

Jews get to be white in the eyes of other minorities, but still a protected minority in the eyes of whites.

It's pretty cushy to be Jewish ever since that whole thousands of years it really, really wasn't ended recently!

Edit: Jesus Christ, Paul, could you be any more obvious

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 7, 2016

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
The NYT national map is extremely helpful, but it could be even better. I wish someone would make a population-adjusted map like this

but for the primary elections. Even better if it took into account the county-level vote like this

I do not have the knowledge or time required to make one myself :negative:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Adar posted:

I bet urban-dwelling Republicans are almost certainly going to be Kasich supporters out of the 3 remaining candidates. They're likely to be either college educated yuppies or well-off empty nesters.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Adar posted:

Plus don't forget the riots and protesting that occurred only a year ago. It's Trump all the way.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

I think Kasich pretty much has his convention plan details worked out now - whatever longshot it may be - and now knows the rest of the contests really can't impact his plan.

He really should just continue to enjoy himself while Cruz and Trump fight it out because it'll honestly make him look like a natural Biden-style veep.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Adar posted:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/can-you-get-trump-to-1237/

If he wins IN the likeliest outcome is 1220-1240. It looks like some of the individual CA CDs might keep his CA totals too low for 1237 even if he wins the state by decent margins, but the sample error for individual district polling is yuge.

oh yeah, i've played around with that thing a lot. schnorkles just sounded confident in his #s so I was wondering what he was assuming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
From a March 15 Kasich rally:

• Locked thread