Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

This is a game where allegedly the guy who started this whole beef with IWantIsk ripped his skillpoints out and biomassed that character to make it seem like he quit the game entirely.

Nobody really quits this game, they just get too bitter to play (but not too bitter to post).

Hell, Marlona Sky biomassed years ago, and we can't get rid of his shitposting no matter how much you fumigate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Unfunny Poster posted:

This is a game where allegedly the guy who started this whole beef with IWantIsk ripped his skillpoints out and biomassed that character to make it seem like he quit the game entirely.

it's pretty 2016 that the current "big war" is the result of someone getting in a feud with a gambling webapp

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Landsknecht posted:

it's pretty 2016 that the current "big war" is the result of someone getting in a feud with a gambling webapp

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Friends, please tell me this rumor about people on GF.com wanting to, and talking about how to, "troll" that CrassKitty streamer girl over her grandpa dying recently is untrue.

If not, please tell me at least someone called them stupid for wanting to do that. That poo poo ain't cool.

ullerrm posted:

Nobody really quits this game, they just get too bitter to play (but not too bitter to post).

Hell, Marlona Sky biomassed years ago, and we can't get rid of his shitposting no matter how much you fumigate.

I was more so poking fun at the fact that someone went through all that effort to try and fool the bankroller of the enemies in a war.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Friends, please tell me this rumor about people on GF.com wanting to, and talking about how to, "troll" that CrassKitty streamer girl over her grandpa dying recently is untrue.

If not, please don't. That ain't cool.

I was more so poking fun at the fact that someone went through all that effort to try and fool the bankroller of the enemies in a war.

Frozenpussy was the one that started it I think. Not gonna lie I lolled at a few of the trolls

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Never mind different pubbie

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

If not, please don't. That ain't cool.

lol you think that wouldn't be true

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lol you think that wouldn't be true

I try to maintain a positive view on how things are ran over there. :unsmith:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah all of those are lame and boring

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

I try to maintain a positive view on how things are ran over there. :unsmith:

you'll note that im the former mod and vyst is the current one

i dont care about Making Fun Of The Dead but I want poo poo to be funny, nahmean?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you'll note that im the former mod and vyst is the current one

i dont care about Making Fun Of The Dead but I want poo poo to be funny, nahmean?

I think you can find better things to use to troll her over than "lololol your grandpa died hahaha" you know?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

If not, please tell me at least someone called them stupid for wanting to do that. That poo poo ain't cool.

Making fun of Fire59's dad killing himself used to be an eve-o tradition so I don't' know why you'd think that would be outside of our realm

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I registered for SA for long gone subforums. Stayed because I love this gosh darned place.

I stayed for your mod abilities

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goatman Sacks posted:

Making fun of Fire59's dad killing himself used to be an eve-o tradition so I don't' know why you'd think that would be outside of our realm

Probably because I think that stuff is dumb and gets too close to personal poo poo that you honestly shouldn't do over a video game. That's just me though.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

yeah those jokes arent good. also her chat is like 80% people just typing SHOW US UR TITS and dumb memes and poo poo over and over. i dont think GF is responsible for those guys too but hey maybe

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do we still have that spyad thread post itt every day royofca is still dead?

come on dude you must realize by now eve goons are terrible people

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Probably because I think that stuff is dumb and gets too close to personal poo poo that you honestly shouldn't do over a video game. That's just me though.

If you're effectively a video game streamer that plays games for $ you should know better than to divulge extremely personal information to the unwashed masses over the Internet especially to most likely shill for more subscriptions or whatever moon bucks currency twitch uses. I'm not saying what he did was right, but something like that happening doesn't surprise me in the least because she of all people should know that people generally speaking are hosed up.

And no this isn't a "She was asking for it" analogy, it was just a situation I'm not surprised happened.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Unfunny Poster posted:

that stuff is dumb and gets too close to personal poo poo that you honestly shouldn't do over a video game.
we're talking about the space guild whose leader promised to post personal details about the other runners for space council in exchange for some thousand votes
and also the guild which harbors digi but that's cool because he's been told not to publicly post the stuff he does anymore

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

also remember that the whole feud between BoB and Goonfleet started because people were trolling Eve-O making fun of somebody who died

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Except you get the killmail either way, and empty or not it doesn't say poo poo beyond "SCAA down". Unless the idea is that people are even taking down the SCAAs ahead of time - but that's just silly.

I'm not saying you don't get a killmail. I'm saying people have done this, not that it was effective.

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

Blazing Zero posted:

so the reddit guys were right? wow what's happening here. are we losing or winning?

When the meme flow stops, all eyes will turn to Deklein. The Baron and the Emperor himself will be forced to deal with us.

Your time has come. A storm is coming. Our storm. And when it arrives, it will shake the universe. Emperor...we come for you!!

Long live the fighters!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Digi hasn't even been a part of counter Intel actively in quite some time. Other people are doing it

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

pseudanonymous posted:

Then you too would be a tactical genius on the same level as an HVAC repair man.

Alas I'm not at that level, so I can only dream of deliberately invoking Poe's Corollary with cleverly crafted bait statements, letting others convince themselves they've completed their intended objective of demonstrating their superior wit without following up with a "trap sprung" as if a buffoon getting the last laugh has accomplished something of ephemeral value.

I also might have fun occasionally writing or saying something mildly absurd and trying to guess whether respondents took it seriously or as a joke. In this case it seems like it could be both, but I can't tell. You've beaten me at my own pointless game, hooray! :toot:

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 8, 2016

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
best km of all time, jesus this was before i even had a SA account i'm still surprised i didn't get kicked for it. I think we had carriers and stuff tackled but they were logging out and the bomb mechanics were pretty new and I had no idea he was on top of them.

I remember him screaming on TS, "Bombs are worthless never bring them on an op again!"

2009.05.30 21:19:00

Victim: Dabigredboat
Corp: Merch Industrial
Alliance: GoonSwarm
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Buzzard
System: HZFJ-M
Security: -0.7
Damage Taken: 2032

Involved parties:

Name: Pnuka (laid the final blow)
Security: 5.00
Corp: GoonFleet
Alliance: GoonSwarm
Faction: None
Ship: Manticore
Weapon: Concussion Bomb
Damage Done: 1342

Name: LawrenceNewton
Security: 5.0
Corp: The Collective
Alliance: Against ALL Authorities
Ship: Moros
Weapon: Dual 1000mm Railgun I
Damage Done: 388

Name: AK Archangel
Security: 3.4
Corp: Warhamsters
Alliance: Against ALL Authorities
Ship: Phoenix
Weapon: Warrior II
Damage Done: 302

Destroyed items:

Combat Scanner Probe I (Cargo)
Cynosural Field Generator I (Other)
Combat Scanner Probe I, Qty: 2 (Other)
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I (Other)
Co-Processor II (Other)
Small Ohm Capacitor Reserve I (Other)
5MN Microwarpdrive II (Other)

Dropped items:

Combat Scanner Probe I, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Warp Disruptor II (Other)
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II (Other)
Expanded Probe Launcher I (Other)

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

vyst posted:

Digi hasn't even been a part of counter Intel actively in quite some time. Other people are doing it

There is no more counter intel activity of note, not that it was ever particularly good in the first place.

The Imperium is completely, and totally compromised, but particularly the FC cadre. This explains why we are losing so bad.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

vyst posted:

If you're effectively a video game streamer that plays games for $ you should know better than to divulge extremely personal information to the unwashed masses over the Internet especially to most likely shill for more subscriptions or whatever moon bucks currency twitch uses. I'm not saying what he did was right, but something like that happening doesn't surprise me in the least because she of all people should know that people generally speaking are hosed up.

And no this isn't a "She was asking for it" analogy, it was just a situation I'm not surprised happened.

Twitch- a veritable font of maturity and encouraging yet intellectually stimulating conversation.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cygni posted:

also remember that the whole feud between BoB and Goonfleet started because people were trolling Eve-O making fun of somebody who died

The greatest war in eve's history started over a gif of a dead guy getting hit by a truck lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
beep beep

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Venom Snake posted:

The greatest war in eve's history started over a gif of a dead guy getting hit by a truck lol

yup. tetsujin is eve's gavrilo princip. except i guess the guy was already dead but still im trying to make a funny ww1 analogy here ok

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Can someone confirm that the micro jump field generator will still jump everything around you even if you get scrammed while it's spooling up?

Multiple times now I have hit it, gotten scrammed, and then watched as the enemies drones appear 100k away, but I've never 100% seen it do this to other ships.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cygni posted:

yeah those jokes arent good. also her chat is like 80% people just typing SHOW US UR TITS and dumb memes and poo poo over and over. i dont think GF is responsible for those guys too but hey maybe

I've hung out in her chat and haven't seen the "show us your tits" thing personally but honestly I wouldn't be surprised. Regardless, that stuff is also dumb as gently caress to do. I'm just saying it's dumb and bad to go out of your way to harass someone over their personal life because it has little to do with the actual game being played.

vyst posted:

Fair enough. I doubt she intentionally did it to get subscriptions but that's a difference of opinion. Laz mentioned his grandmom or whatever being ill on stream, so mocking him over it would be just as bad imo. I just dislike the whole "let's use personal things about this person over this game" stuff that happens from time to time. I'd much rather mock Laz for his fits than his personal life.

In the SC thread Lowtax had to come in and stop people from talking about one of the CIG staffers personal life that had nothing to do with the game or it's development. It was bad and was rightly told to stop being done, so that's sort of the mindset I'm coming from. Regardless thanks for the civil response Vyst.

abigserve posted:

Can someone confirm that the micro jump field generator will still jump everything around you even if you get scrammed while it's spooling up?

Multiple times now I have hit it, gotten scrammed, and then watched as the enemies drones appear 100k away, but I've never 100% seen it do this to other ships.

No, if they're held down by ewar they don't get booshed including the CD. That's why in the vid I posted I was asked if I was scrammed. If I was the MJFD would've thrown the other guys forward but not me.

I think. I haven't really ever had that happen to me yet.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 8, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Venom Snake posted:

i found the thread

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

cravius posted:

We have karmafleet dudes unironically advocating for this over on GF dot com

If you have an equally active enemy, wolfpack FW stuff is some of the best content this game has.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

no respect and no honor left

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Unfunny Poster posted:

No, if they're held down by ewar they don't get booshed including the CD. That's why in the vid I posted I was asked if I was scrammed. If I was the MJFD would've thrown the other guys forward but not me.

I think. I haven't really ever had that happen to me yet.

I meant if you are scrammed but no one else is while it's spooling but you just answered that for me. When I first started using it I thought being scrammed in the middle cancelled the effect entirely but it doesn't, it just stops YOU from moving (which makes sense given that it's a field generator).

In other words, if you've got a mate in a command destroyer, and you are in a marauder, you literally cannot be stopped from being jumped 100k away. That is pretty fuckin sweet.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

dragonstalking posted:

If you have an equally active enemy, wolfpack FW stuff is some of the best content this game has.
being reduced from sov-holding entity to fw ~wulfpax~ will also reduce your membership by about 90% and I'll put money on the kf people advocating for it not being part of the remaining 10%

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

crew posted:

no respect and no honor left

Confirmed: none on contract in staging. Truly the end of days.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

They were doing this the night I gave my super amazing interview and I did say "this is p not cool and I'm not going to participate in it even though I'm also going to troll her in an actually funny way that doesn't cross the line." That being said, i was sorta confused as to why someone would make that call on their loving stream.

It was no doubt viewer whoring at best and a blatant fabrication at worst. I lean towards the latter actually because at one point it was her grandpa and at another it was her great grandpa. Also it was a response to her mods being loving ridiculous, for example the night I gave that interview I ate a week ban from chat for saying "man this stream chat is a poo poo show" in response to Securitas Protector saying hi to me in chat.

That being said it still was not cool or good that they did that. :eonwe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

1) A person did something horrible
2) Goons are known for being horrible
3) That person must be a Goon
4) Goons should disavow that person

This concludes Concern Trolling 102. Homework is a one-page essay on why Eonwe is a better person than you, due at the start of class tomorrow.

• Locked thread