Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can't wait to use this logic to bamboozle some idiot into believing his army is not legal due to clerical error, while i play one of two legal armies in the game: solar auxilia or questoris knights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

DrPop posted:

No, it's not. It appears to be just copy-pasted from the book each legion's appendix first appeared in. For example, EC is the third appendix in Book 1, so it was copied from that. The Death Guard is the fourth appendix in Book 1 and was copied from that, so it's "Appendix IV" in the AoD book despite not being the actual fourth in order in the AoD book.

The appendix headers are literally just copy-pasted from elsewhere and not edited to reflect their actual position in the AoD book.

Somehow I'm not surprised. "Appendix III? Legion III? Makes perfect sense!"
It was not meant to be.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Lord Twisted is our winner for "saddest 30k story we can all laugh at"!

Lord Twisted posted:

In my first ever use of Vulkan in his spiffy Spartan with 10 Firedrakes in an apocalypse game I disembarked them on turn 1 to deal with the hated Xenos scum charging headlong at our lines.

It was pretty glorious as we had titans behind him and it was all very heroic. I was excited and placed them in a cool arrowhead formation.

The enemy used a strategic asset in our subsequent shooting phase to turn the guns of our lynch pin, the Reaver Titan, onto Vulkan and his boyfriends. 16 hits from D weapons later, Vulkan was on one wound with one Firedrake left.

15 Boyz then assaulted him next turn and killed him through some poor rolls. He killed 3 Orks.

I had to go have a sit down in a cafe next door.

He wins my extra copy of the AoD legions red book!

For the low, low cost of shipping gently caress it I'll cover most of the shipping.

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
Wait is the Mhara Gal 305 pts or 235 pts based on that errata?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
What are the updated stats for Emperors Chilren Kakophoni? Did we get Heavy 2 on the sonic weapons?

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm looking at the Day of Revelation RoW and I'm not quite seeing how to make it work. Unless there's some hefty investment, you're only going to get one Dreadnaught drop pod into play on turn one to do the 3+ cover save trick for your infantry. To make the deep strike work with that kind of narrow placement window, you need a nuncio-vox or some other scatter reducer (command rhino?), which probably means at least an overcosted infiltrated recon squad that possibly has to survive for a turn if your opponent gets to go first or seizes. There's potential for a lot of synergy here, but I can't quite make it happen. Any thoughts?

(Quick overview: mandatory troops and HQ must have jump packs, there has to be one flying or deep-strike capable fast attack choice.)

quote:

+++ Day of revelation (2000pts) +++

Legion Astartes [IX: Blood Angels, Loyalist]

+ HQ (290pts) +

Legion Centurion (110pts) [Combat Shield (5pts), Jump Pack (20pts), Power Armour]
····Consul (35pts) [Primus Medicae (35pts)]

Legion Praetor (180pts) [Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition (20pts), Digital Lasers (15pts), Iron Halo (25pts), Jump Pack (20pts)]

+ Troops (945pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (375pts) [14x Legion Assault Space Marines (210pts), 3x Power Weapon (30pts)]
····Legion Assault Sergeant (20pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Power Weapon (10pts)]

Legion Assault Squad (375pts) [14x Legion Assault Space Marines (210pts), 3x Power Weapon (30pts)]
····Legion Assault Sergeant (20pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Power Weapon (10pts)]

Legion Reconnaissance Squad (195pts) [Cameleoline (25pts), 4x Chainsword/Combat Blade, 4x Legion Space Marines (60pts), Melta Bombs (25pts), Nuncio-Vox (10pts), Replace Power Armour with Recon Armour]

+ Elites (480pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (240pts)
····Dreadnought Talon
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought (240pts) [Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod (65pts)]

Legion Terminator Squad (240pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist (10pts), 4x Combi-Weapon (28pts), 4x Legion Terminators (120pts), 3x Power Fist (15pts)] (Embarked in a Storm Eagle)

+ Fast Attack (285pts) +

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship (285pts) [Armoured Ceramite (20pts), Twin-linked Multi-melta (15pts), Two Twin-linked Lascannons (40pts)] (carries the terminators close enough to assault any heavy targets I need taken out)

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Hooray! DW I'm happy to cover all shipping. Just PM me! Currently building rhinos.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

In the spirit of our upcoming murder-suicide on Sunday I'd like to remind everyone of their ABCs.

A Always
B Be
C Cheating

Always be cheating

Always be cheating

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Recoome posted:

What are the updated stats for Emperors Chilren Kakophoni? Did we get Heavy 2 on the sonic weapons?

Looks like Heavy 2

Do the D6 wounds stack for each failed test? If they don't then your better off spamming them

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
They also become troops and relentless with the new row in books. It seems like a no brainer. Especially since you can then purchase sonic shriekers

Also don't spam stuff in 30k

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
spamming stuff is cool and good actually. spam the glam rock drug marines

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I've got a planned ZM force which is taking 2 squads of Kakophoni, and a Tactical Squad wit CCWs and Sonic Shriekers. It'll be great running those dudes around and kicking rear end in assault.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

BULBASAUR posted:

Looks like Heavy 2

Do the D6 wounds stack for each failed test? If they don't then your better off spamming them

Every unit that's taken at least one wound gets d6 automatic wounds if they fail a Ld test, with a penalty for each hit they took. So a better chance of those extra hits going off with larger units of Kakaphoni but I imagine diminishing returns after a point. Then again noise marines are all about excess and that jazz so go full size.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Finished my leviathan. lovely photo, the black isn't all messed up

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the blue is very confusing to me

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I think there's a bit too much going on in that scheme, I'd make the upper legs purple, maybe lose the yellow kneepads too, or the feet. Basically there's too much yellow, it works as an accent but not as a third colour.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Yea it's gold, not yellow, gold is on all my regular empies kids. Blue is just like, a power weapon effect

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
am i insane? the bulk of that model is surely blue?

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Here is a better pic not in like, late day snow light. It's black.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Do regular iron for those joints, paint the shoulders purple aswell.

A trick for doing decent looking black is edge highlighting with Dark Reaper followed by a fine extreme edge highlight of Fenrisian Grey.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I am a post-citadel painter :agesilaus:

But yeah I see the point of not using a tricolor scheme next time

muggins fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 8, 2016

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i still think the black is out of place. it's not a condemnation of the painting quality, i just don't know why a; there's black and b; it's one of the primary focuses of the model.

Germ
May 7, 2013

muggins posted:

This pic looks a hell of a lot better! I think the back shot really highlights how good the purple/gold/steel can look. The blue (and to a much lesser extent, the black) do look more out of place this model than the other colors, but honestly it depends on the rest of the army. If black and blue are consistent throughout the rest of the models, I could see this working really well.

Regardless, that's more paint than I have one any other dreadnought, so I say well done!

Edit: I think I like the black. It's just the blue power weapon effect that stands out. I'd be more inclined to paint it metal or gold.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i still think the black is out of place. it's not a condemnation of the painting quality, i just don't know why a; there's black and b; it's one of the primary focuses of the model.

Black and white are sorta accent colors for EC; mostly for more experienced dudes. Since this guy is kingshit dread I wanted to make him less monochrome purple

The lightning I'm painting now is just purple and silver metal parts, since it's kinda just a workhorse

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Here is an elites heavy World Eaters build that looks fun to play and not many models to build. How do elites heavy Pride lists play out?

+++ New Roster (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (165pts) +

Legion Praetor (165pts) [Artificer Armour, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs]
··Caedere Weapon [Excoriator Chainaxe]
··Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops (1165pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (515pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Heavy Flamer, 4x Legion Terminators]
··Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Frag Assault Launchers, Multi-melta]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Grenade Harness, Thunderhammer]

The Red Butchers (650pts) [4x Butcher Terminator, 4x Second Power Axe]
··Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Frag Assault Launchers, Laser Destroyers, Multi-melta]
··The Devoured [2x Chainfist, Second Power Axe]

+ Elites (445pts) +

Rampager Squads (445pts) [9x Excoriator Chainaxe, Jump Packs, 9x Rampagers]
··Rampager Champion [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

+ Fast Attack (225pts) +

Xiphon Interceptor (225pts) [Armoured Cockpit, Chaff Launcher, Ground-tracking Auguries]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Traitor, XII: World Eaters]

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Red Butchers are covered by Pride of the Legion. They'd stay elites. It specifically applies to veteran squads and "legion terminator squads" only. It's mentioned in the Betrayal FAQ and the entry claims that any future squads that would be covered by this Rite of War would be marked in future books. I can't think of a single example of this so far. :v:

Here's what I'm talking about :
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Betrayal_FAQ_Errata_V2.pdf

quote:

Q: In the case of the ‘Pride of the Legion’ Rite of War, Veteran and Terminator squads are Troops choices in the force; could you clarify the exact squads which fall into these categories?
A: In this case specifically this means Veteran Tactical squads and Legion Terminator squads only, so Justaerin and Deathshroud Terminators are not included in this. Any Legion-specific units in future Horus Heresy books which do qualify for this Rite of War will have this fact explicitly stated in their unit description.

Also, just give your praetor a paragon blade. It'll do way better than any of the dumb gladiator weapons.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that was changed; elites specific terminators can be taken as troops as of CAL1 with potl

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that was changed; elites specific terminators can be taken as troops as of CAL1 with potl
Welp. There are so many goddamned clarifications floating around at this point...

\/\/\/\/\/ Very true.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 8, 2016

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Arguably better than none at all.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Counterpoint, I like the black, it just needs more purple.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Thousand Sons Contemptor is live on FW, along with the TS not-poo poo-shoulderpads and sick helmets!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I am quite erect.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Now we just need the wolves. And book VII. Ah, who am I kidding. GW will cancel 40k before it gets that far.

:negative:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Finally getting around to starting into some of my BaC models, if only to break up the monotony of all the cultists I'm wading through. Maybe I'll have a small army done by the time the new book arrives.

Might add the transfer onto the shoulder or just freehand it. Not sure--I always think transfers look a little too neat if everything else is handpainted.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That dreadnought is sick

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

BULBASAUR posted:

That dreadnought is sick

It's clean and simple and fluffy. The antithesis of every Sigmar mini made.

How do they get that bright, shiny red metal effect?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Tamiya clear red probably.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Black base -> Mid-silver zenithal -> Light silver zenithal -> Multiple coats of Angron Red (or before they had their own paints, Tamiya Clear Red).

The dread also got hit with clear blue and clear green after the silver and before the red to further shade it; I actually think it's a bit too much for it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

muggins posted:

I actually like the black. I am doing Emperor's Children so my opinion matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

How stupid would it be to have some Blood Angels breacher marines? Or should I just stick to Ultras and paint the shields red for my red fix?

I just love red is all.