Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Those elf booties are awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

CelticPredator posted:

Positive feelings are really good. Being excited and hugging is good.

2 young adults embark on a difficult undertaking where they are not sure if they will succeed or fail or if they have been prepared enough for the journey. After showing the drive to succeed, establishing their ability to do so, and working together to find victory, they excitedly praise each other and make a genuine connection over the skills they never realized they had.

Old Chat Bot: Get off my lawn!!! :freep:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nah, I want a piece of that space worm.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

jivjov posted:

Attack of the Clones has a handful of moments I really enjoy...but it is overall my least favorite of the saga thus far. It was the one I almost fell asleep during at the theatrical marathon.

phantom menace is still the worst imo. "clones" is boring, but it doesn't have an annoying kid and has minimal jar-jar. at the very least it doesn't feel like it's trying to be an annoying kids movie frankenstein-ed together with a boring trade politics lecture.

that said, i can completely understand hating aotc more, particularly given hayden christensen's absolutely execrable performance. gently caress him and lucas forever.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

CelticPredator posted:

Positive feelings are really good. Being excited and hugging is good.

Of course everyone likes friendship. But the result is that the concept itself is quite neutral.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Those elf booties are awful.
Yeah they almost make it look like her left foot is broken.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what it must be like to live in SMG's head for one day.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Anakin in the Clone Wars show is so goddamn good. I went to watch RoTS after to bridge the gap to Rebels and he is just so loving terrible. The whininess and being totally unbelievable in all his actions is annoying. The movies did a terrible job of showing him to be a proper and strong general.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

TFRazorsaw posted:

what it must be like to live in SMG's head for one day.

Speak of the devil.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

Anakin in the Clone Wars show is so goddamn good. I went to watch RoTS after to bridge the gap to Rebels and he is just so loving terrible. The whininess and being totally unbelievable in all his actions is annoying. The movies did a terrible job of showing him to be a proper and strong general.
I don't think he's supposed to be a proper and strong general in RotS.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Speak of the devil.

Yeah man. I know the size of a character's eyes are what drew me to a cartoon character. I just can't relate to somebody whose eyes aren't 75 % of their skull.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

Yeah man. I know the size of a character's eyes are what drew me to a cartoon character. I just can't relate to somebody whose eyes aren't 75 % of their skull.

Big Sonic fan?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I enjoy it? That's not really the point here, in case the sarcasm has gone unnoticed.

It's not even about defending Sonic. The whole thing SMG's been going on about regarding the TFA characters is bizarrely nonsensical.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, he certainly feels more in-keeping with what Obi-Wan describes in "A New Hope." He's just a whiny teenager in ep.3, and I still can't for the life of me understand how Lucas could have thought that was a good performance.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Respectfully you may not um get Star Wars. The movies.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

You're mixing up two different things here.

TFA may have fuckable characters, but that fuckability is not a result of the dialogue. TFA's dialogue frankly sucks. It's the second-biggest liability in the film after the editing; there's not a single good line in the film.

"That [ship]'s garbage. [But] the garbage will do." It's white noise that people tune out.

The prequels, on the contrary, have extremely well-written dialogue that's delivered by unfuckable characters.

Now, you being a chatbot designed to write truthfully and accurately and all... means that for you, BB-8 is the fuckable character, right? 🤗

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

euphronius posted:

Respectfully you may not um get Star Wars. The movies.

From my point of view...

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Speak of the devil.

Hahahaha

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Majorian posted:

Yeah, he certainly feels more in-keeping with what Obi-Wan describes in "A New Hope." He's just a whiny teenager in ep.3, and I still can't for the life of me understand how Lucas could have thought that was a good performance.

Disliking something doesn't make it bad.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I enjoy it? That's not really the point here, in case the sarcasm has gone unnoticed.

It's not even about defending Sonic. The whole thing SMG's been going on about regarding the TFA characters is bizarrely nonsensical.

It should be about defending Sonic, imo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fight for Sonic as he would fight for you.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Whatever amuses you, friend.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

net cafe scandal posted:

Fight for Sonic as he would fight for you.

Ride or die Sonic fans are very chill imo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The Clone Wars is canon, but Lucas did not sell the transition from the show to ROTS. TCW is such a huge event in the universe its a shame Lucas didn't just start the prequels with AOTC, have Episode 2 be the clone wars, and ROTS could be the sameish plot with some better anakin characterization.

The Anakin in TCW show just doesnt seem to fit what Hayden/the script portrayed in ROTS.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

computer parts posted:

Disliking something doesn't make it bad.

No, that's true, but given how universally disliked the prequels are...:wink:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Majorian posted:

No, that's true, but given how universally disliked the prequels are...:wink:

ROTS is higher rated than ROTJ.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

computer parts posted:

ROTS is higher rated than ROTJ.

critics are idiots, news at 10.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

TFRazorsaw posted:

That is likely the case. People just generally don't know why they like or dislike things. That's why people are attributing like or dislike to the writing of the characters without looking at how writing actually contributes to characterization.

As an example: the line about how "the garbage will do!" contributes to Rey's characterization as a classist: her repeated assertions that she isn't scavenger scum like them. We soon learn that she's been working on this 'garbage' ship for years - and her attitude towards it suddenly changes at the moment that she learns that it's a famous ship.

"This is the ship that made the Kessel Run in fourteen parsecs!"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Majorian posted:

You are out of your element, Donnie.

I say this as a friend .

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Seems like Rey needs to watch Repo Man

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

euphronius posted:

You are out of your element, Donnie.

I say this as a friend .

you're no fun.:colbert:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Rey is a working class slob. She has every right to malign her social class.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Seems like Rey needs to watch Repo Man

Repo Man is about lower class people desperately trying to escape their lot in life. That works!

Yaws fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 8, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Majorian posted:

An excellent rebuttal for the idea of the PT being universally hated.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

As an example: the line about how "the garbage will do!" contributes to Rey's characterization as a classist: her repeated assertions that she isn't scavenger scum like them. We soon learn that she's been working on this 'garbage' ship for years - and her attitude towards it suddenly changes at the moment that she learns that it's a famous ship.

Or she says it's garbage because her existence depends on finding high-tech gear to sell for gruel, and the kind of tech the Falcon looks like would leave her starving.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

That is likely the case. People just generally don't know why they like or dislike things.

You're generally not very good at figuring it out for them is the thing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

computer parts posted:

An excellent rebuttal for the idea of the PT being universally hated.

The corollary to your current "argument" is that the OT is universally hated.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Yaws posted:

Rey is a working class slob. She has every right to malign her social class.

Can you elaborate on this please?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Zoran posted:

Or she says it's garbage because her existence depends on finding high-tech gear to sell for gruel, and the kind of tech the Falcon looks like would leave her starving.

Well that's explicitly contradicted in the writing. The ship is owned by the same guy who controls the food supply.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Well that's explicitly contradicted in the writing. The ship is owned by the same guy who controls the food supply.

She and her fellow worker Finn rise up and seize the means of production from the bourgeoisie, then.

e: actually on reconsideration I see that you're trying to say the ruler owns the ship and therefore it must be seen as good. But it does look like an old clunker next to the other ship parked nearby—like it's the rich guy's vanity project, his '50s classic that actually stinks and runs like crap.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

You're generally not very good at figuring it out for them is the thing.

ding ding ding

• Locked thread