Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Everyone in the world is a selfish liar if you think about it
Lying to ourselves at least

But loving anime is inexcusable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jay Rust posted:

Everyone in the world is a selfish liar if you think about it
Lying to ourselves at least

But loving anime is good

ftfy

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Anime belongs in the trash

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ahundredbux posted:

Anime belongs in the trash

Turn your monitor on

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
This thread is blood

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I like some animes but dislike other animes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's everyone's favourite anime hairstyle?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Drill hair

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jay Rust posted:

e:

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 7, 2016

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jay Rust posted:

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 7, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Broseph Brostar posted:

I like how the game is almost directly designed to make you dislike Alphys the first time you play, then the second playthrough you find even more reason to hate her. She's almost like an inverted Papyrus, where instead of being immediately lovable, you have to really get to know her before you can appreciate her, much like that kind of person irl.

And you don't even get to kill her in a Genocide run.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Jay Rust posted:

edit: oh haaaair whoops

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How long will the artists keep drawing brand new ones

As long as their haircuts are big spiky blue ones

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Pomps are the top tier anime haircut

I'd post more but I'm insanely busy at work today

E: bonus pomp

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 7, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

su pa

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'll be honest, I wasn't actually interested in people's favourite anime haircut

I finished Portal 2 over lunch. It holds up real well. I guess it's not that old of a game though. But minus the whole "find the specific patch of white paint in the distance" parts, it's just such an enjoyable game. Had some genuine chuckles too.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I'll be honest, I wasn't actually interested in people's favourite anime haircut

I finished Portal 2 over lunch. It holds up real well. I guess it's not that old of a game though. But minus the whole "find the specific patch of white paint in the distance" parts, it's just such an enjoyable game. Had some genuine chuckles too.

I think a lot of the charm with Portal 2 was the good voice acting and silly background banter.

I am now starting Digital Devil Saga 2. The first one was pretty amazing and I hope the second one stays just as crazy.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is cod5 decent in singleplayer if you liked cod4 but not the later games

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

This thread is brave, in my experience when a thread gets lots of anime that's when it gets gassed :ohdear:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

StashAugustine posted:

Is cod5 decent in singleplayer if you liked cod4 but not the later games

you probably will not like it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ninja gaiden sigma is so good so loving good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

it is. i'd like to play black sometime but i like sigma a lot even if you win most fights by spamming flying swallow and the difficulty disappears after like the first third

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Is Dungeon of the Endless any good? It's on my steam wishlist for some reason and is now on sale.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It really is. I like Sigma 2 also, just not as much.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i was playing razors edge and i was thinking like man maybe im just bad at videogames and yeah, i am, but also more enemies is not more fun!!!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I kind of want to try a hex build in DS2 but boy it seems intimidating.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 8, 2016

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

i was playing razors edge and i was thinking like man maybe im just bad at videogames and yeah, i am, but also more enemies is not more fun!!!

Unless it's a Platinum game.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of Platinum, I saw some footage from that new TMNT game coming out and it looks loving sweet. There's a huge city that looks open-world, and you can climb around and find optional battles that you still get ranked on AND you can have four player co-op, possibly online co-op!? So poo poo's gonna be righteous. It's exactly the kind of game that Transformers teased at being.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Speaking of Platinum, I saw some footage from that new TMNT game coming out and it looks loving sweet. There's a huge city that looks open-world, and you can climb around and find optional battles that you still get ranked on AND you can have four player co-op, possibly online co-op!? So poo poo's gonna be righteous. It's exactly the kind of game that Transformers teased at being.

its only online coop. no couch. i thought it kinda looked like another lesser budget game that will make me mad about not getting another top quality game from platinum.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

its only online coop. no couch. i thought it kinda looked like another lesser budget game that will make me mad about not getting another top quality game from platinum.

poo poo, Transformers had a shoestring budget and that's their best combat engine since Revengeance.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I really hope its online co-op because I have 3 friends who would eat that poo poo up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-Bit Scholar posted:

poo poo, Transformers had a shoestring budget and that's their best combat engine since Revengeance.

Bayo 2????

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

I kind of want to try a hex build in DS2 but boy it seems intimidating.

I don't like hexes because some spells cost souls a.k.a. experience points a.k.a. money, and I can't handle that :(

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jay Rust posted:

I don't like hexes because some spells cost souls a.k.a. experience points a.k.a. money, and I can't handle that :(

If it's good enough for Goemon...

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Transformers is really loving awesome.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Transformers is really loving awesome.

There are a lot of sloppy things in it like the rail shooting and top down parts

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

There are a lot of sloppy things in it like the rail shooting and top down parts

...eh? Transformers Devastation had a rail shooting and top down section?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-Bit Scholar posted:

...eh? Transformers Devastation had a rail shooting and top down section?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I don't remember those particularly, but I recall a lot of sweet rear end fights with Decepticons. The fight against Starscream in the weird dimensional tunnel is loving choice.

• Locked thread