Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

That chopper took way too long to crash.

I have a real drat hard time believing only one person on the ground was in danger, at that. At least the GL movie had the best scene ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_xfpQcKl5M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How did more of those people not get Vic Morrow'd?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always thought Hal makes pretty basic stuff, John tends to make detailed military stuff, Kyle comic style stuff and Guy is more creative versions of hals stuff. I forget what Simon does, and isn't Carol getting a GL ring in Rebirth?

I do feel DC tv is trying to avoid as much of its cosmic stuff as possible, even with Supergirl having alien criminals running around as a major story point.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I completely forgot Tim Robbins was in that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

I completely forgot Tim Robbins was in that.

Tim Robbins probably wishes everyone would forget that he was in that.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Paycheck is a paycheck.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Aw man, was hoping for a better Degaton. He's such an insane character.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Is Rip gonna shove another dictator in a cupboard?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Kaylee!

"Lecter. Doctor Hannibal Lecter."

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh hey it's Kaylee.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Savages inability to change his hairstyle over four thousand years really bugs me. Change it up man!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"How could I ever think less of you?"

Phrasing, Hawkwoman, phrasing!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Snart and Rory just beating their issues out in a fist fight is kind of oddly appropriate.

Looks like next episode we finally get to see Jonah-Hex too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

man they really are terrible at their job. also Jax with the only sensible idea of maybe talk to the kid first before murder

good work speeding up the apocalypse Rip you idiot

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I still kind of think the entire point of this season is Rip coming to accept the death of his family.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

man they really are terrible at their job. also Jax with the only sensible idea of maybe talk to the kid first before murder

good work speeding up the apocalypse Rip you idiot

Maybe they should've stopped that Armageddon Virus thing that ripened the fields for Savage's conquest.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I will never get tired of Rip Hunter's Stupid Team of Idiots because they're completely loving up whatever time periods they're in and it's written that way on purpose. :allears: Also, Snart, Time Lesbian, and Syndey Palmer's Brother is just the best team.

This episode got dangerously close to bringing back Carter, though. Pull up, show. Don't follow Arrow into the canyon pull up PULL UP

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

How does the Hawk person regeneration work if only one of them dies? Is Carter stuck in limbo until Kendra kicks the bucket?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

How does the Hawk person regeneration work if only one of them dies? Is Carter stuck in limbo until Kendra kicks the bucket?

speed force

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

howe_sam posted:

One can only hope.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

Maybe they should've stopped that Armageddon Virus thing that ripened the fields for Savage's conquest.

or stopped all the murderbots instead of just turning them off for a bit

:negative:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Go Team Kidnap!!!'

These guys are the worst time travelers ever and it owns.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 8, 2016

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

howe_sam posted:

Yeah I think the producers explained that they both need to die for the reincarnation process to begin again.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I swear to god they need to go to a period like in say the 1990s where Vandal is down and out on his luck and is going door-door selling Cutco knives.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Kaylee!

"Lecter. Doctor Hannibal Lecter."

I really wish she'd said, "Oh, like the movie villain from last century?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So now Ray has a previously unmentioned twin brother?

Also getting real tired of Rip's upturned collar. Real tired.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

Doesn't everyone? I know I do.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Canada is airing the next episode on Tuesday, so if you care about spoilers you should be aware.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This episode started out quite fun but the last half was kind of a mess. Can we just call it that the presence of Savage in these disappointing episodes is the common denominator?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rhyno posted:

The bigger inconsistency is that he managed to get some kind of steady relationship while still pretending to be legally dead.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

BrianWilly posted:

This episode started out quite fun but the last half was kind of a mess. Can we just call it that the presence of Savage in these disappointing episodes is the common denominator?

No doubt. Savage totally sucks, the best episodes have been the ones where he doesn't show up, and it's not close.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
That being said, I did enjoy the trope subversion that this episode gave us. I was totally prepared for the ending to be something along the lines of "Oh, one of the inspirational speeches that Rip or whoever gave the kid changed the course of history, and he redeemed himself and decided to use his influence for good, you made the right decision by inspiring him instead of killing him."

Instead, it was "Nope, you guys hosed up real bad by not killing him and in fact accelerated all the bad genocide stuff. You should have killed the kid when you had the chance." I appreciate that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'd appreciate the season to end where he saves his family but humanity is totally hosed hardcore due to the decisions they made in saving his family.

Then Booster Gold comes in, cut to season 2.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

bbf2 posted:

That being said, I did enjoy the trope subversion that this episode gave us. I was totally prepared for the ending to be something along the lines of "Oh, one of the inspirational speeches that Rip or whoever gave the kid changed the course of history, and he redeemed himself and decided to use his influence for good, you made the right decision by inspiring him instead of killing him."

Instead, it was "Nope, you guys hosed up real bad by not killing him and in fact accelerated all the bad genocide stuff. You should have killed the kid when you had the chance." I appreciate that.
Yeah I like that too. It gives Rip more reason to question his choices and the path he's going down because everything he does just seems to make things worse. He chose his humanity over millions of lives and it only worsened an already terrible situation.

I feel like it's safe to say the team's actions are going to lead down to them creating that horrible future that Rip talks about. I keep remembering back to Flash (season 1 spoilers) and how Eobard keeps wanting to go home so badly, but why would he be so desperate to return to an apocalypse where Vandal Savage is dictator of the world? Unless of course he's part of that S.T.A.R. Labs Corporation they mentioned.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

So if they kidnapped the kid and effectively made him disappear without trace, and it had no effect on the timeline, how would killing him change anything at all? This episode was super dumb.

BrianWilly posted:

Can we just call it that the presence of Savage in these disappointing episodes is the common denominator?
Absolutely. Savage has been dragging this series down from day one.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Next time just kidnap Savage and put him in the year 9999, in a volcano.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

lotus circle posted:

Yeah I like that too. It gives Rip more reason to question his choices and the path he's going down because everything he does just seems to make things worse. He chose his humanity over millions of lives and it only worsened an already terrible situation.

I feel like it's safe to say the team's actions are going to lead down to them creating that horrible future that Rip talks about. I keep remembering back to Flash (season 1 spoilers) and how Eobard keeps wanting to go home so badly, but why would he be so desperate to return to an apocalypse where Vandal Savage is dictator of the world? Unless of course he's part of that S.T.A.R. Labs Corporation they mentioned.

I believe Thawne is from before that time period, but after ours (like 2040 or something)

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
No he's from the exact same time period as Vandal Savage conquering the world. Either the writers totally forgot major plot points from season 1 of Flash (which is totally possible with these guys) or else they're going somewhere with this.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

ookiimarukochan posted:

No he's from the exact same time period as Vandal Savage conquering the world. Either the writers totally forgot major plot points from season 1 of Flash (which is totally possible with these guys) or else they're going somewhere with this.

Or it's a different timeline entirely? Haven't there been like 6 timelines on Flash alone so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

aBagorn posted:

Or it's a different timeline entirely? Haven't there been like 6 timelines on Flash alone so far?

The timeline that Rip picked up our cast from got erased literally in the last flash episode.

• Locked thread