Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

nessin posted:

I know I'm space unimportant and no one here would even recognize my player name, but as soon as this war is over I'm going to leave and either try FW or a lowsec group if I can one to have me. The hot air really isn't that much different from say, Fountain, but for some reason it just seems to much more ridiculous now. I even made a comment on Jabber tonight that with PH moving up in to O1Y, everyone short of TEST (and that may not be true because I have no idea where TEST is staging out of) is now closer to home (Dek) than we are. Hell, they're all closer to everything but a small corner of Pure Blind than most of the coalition. Everything just feels so defeatist at the moment and when it's all over, win or lose, I know the hot air will get even worse.

Hot air is not unique to the Imperium, as someone who has lived outside the Imperium for extended periods of time let me tell you the grass isn't greener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

nessin posted:

Still can't figure out why we didn't move into Sister space instead of lowsec for that matter.

Bubbles

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

nessin posted:

I know I'm space unimportant and no one here would even recognize my player name, but as soon as this war is over I'm going to leave and either try FW or a lowsec group if I can one to have me. The hot air really isn't that much different from say, Fountain, but for some reason it just seems to much more ridiculous now. I even made a comment on Jabber tonight that with PH moving up in to O1Y, everyone short of TEST (and that may not be true because I have no idea where TEST is staging out of) is now closer to home (Dek) than we are. Hell, they're all closer to everything but a small corner of Pure Blind than most of the coalition. Everything just feels so defeatist at the moment and when it's all over, win or lose, I know the hot air will get even worse.

The answer I got to my comment too was that Saranen is now home. So I guess we're now officially a lowsec coalition who vacations in Sov null. Still can't figure out why we didn't move into Sister space instead of lowsec for that matter.

Don't worry, I'm sure mittani will release another fireside chat that will surely fix everything up

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nessin posted:

The answer I got to my comment too was that Saranen is now home. So I guess we're now officially a lowsec coalition who vacations in Sov null. Still can't figure out why we didn't move into Sister space instead of lowsec for that matter.

I actually haven't seen your one describing the war, I meant your training videos.

Saranen is a good spot for deploying to the north. Horde staged there for a few months before taking Cloud Ring.

Also I totally goofed and thought you mean the nullsec stuff and not the tutorial things. Those are fine but man just trying to explain mechanics in the simplest way is a pain.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
tbqh if your quitting now you should at least resub for when we need to build all this poo poo back up again because god knows if you want to have an effect on the leadership thats the time to do it.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kimsemus posted:

She is pretty insufferable and terrible. One of those typical streamers that talks to people then confuses proximity to power with actual power. I don't mind streamers who are good, it's just an unfortunate coincidence that some of the bad EVE streamers happen to be female. So plebs pull the "misogyny" card every time you're critical of them. Those screencaps with that slack jawed look of confusion on her face is pretty typical.

Also I may be an rear end in a top hat but I think she said the poo poo she said to get subs and money. Maybe that's cynical but idc, because it worked.

EVE is a bad game that I can't be hosed to play, much less watch some tubby bitch blabber on incoherently about the finer things she doesn't understand.

Then again, this isn't specific to EVE or even female streamers- if I want to play a game, I'd rather just do that than watch some idiot like sodapoppin huff farts while playing whatever I would be playing. Although, I will confess to having watched the boat show in 5 minutes bursts on occasion.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cultural victory.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

Hot air is not unique to the Imperium, as someone who has lived outside the Imperium for extended periods of time let me tell you the grass isn't greener.

Oh I know, but I have to imagine as you get a bit further away from the politics (which I'm not sure FW would actually do), or at least scale down the numbers to a large corp or small independent alliance it goes from a problem that seems like a huge deal to a couple random idiots you see from time to time.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Wow, that siggy article.

Why does everything have to be a loving conspiracy? Get Hammered.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Real Nito posted:

Has it gotten so desperate that Goons need blacklisted pilots to redeem themselves in glorious space spreadsheet combat, or are the crimes of bathing in the blood of Test while in Pizza as a FA sellsword too great?

Oh yeah, I had forgotten FA is no more...Not surprising really FA only did well that one time during Mittanigrad.

FA did well during the original grinding of Fountain in 2010 or 2011 I think. Performed well when grinding down fade. Had good numbers for MittaniGrad and did their fair share when re-taking fountain from TEST. After that, it went downhill hard.

Are you thinking of coming back Legionnaire?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

nessin posted:

Oh I know, but I have to imagine as you get a bit further away from the politics (which I'm not sure FW would actually do), or at least scale down the numbers to a large corp or small independent alliance it goes from a problem that seems like a huge deal to a couple random idiots you see from time to time.

With smaller numbers of people it gets worse. At least in the Imperium I can go hang out with other people. When your in a small alliance or corp your locked in the closet with them. Hope you enjoy the smell of their farts.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

was gonna say something like eve people always assume conspiracy cause of old meta game stuff and whatever... then i realized it's not even an eve thing, conspiracy poo poo is everywhere on everything these days

but i mean bush did do a 9/11

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

Wow, that siggy article.

Why does everything have to be a loving conspiracy? Get Hammered.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you! :psyduck:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Venom Snake posted:

With smaller numbers of people it gets worse. At least in the Imperium I can go hang out with other people. When your in a small alliance or corp your locked in the closet with them. Hope you enjoy the smell of their farts.

This is basically how I feel being in the small corp I'm in right now.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

RiffRoff posted:

So I came back to the game about a week and a half ago because of all this news. Got back into Goon and had fun for a couple days. I'm probably going to stop logging in now though and let the sub run out.

I understand what mittens and co are trying to do with making the war unfun for the enemy but it's also anti fun for us as well. I've been on about 30 swordfleets and like 15 caracal fleets with a dozen other random fleets thrown in to the mix. The alliance just doesn't have a Goony feel to it. Nothing is done just to be clowns anymore and it just feels like I'm an entry level employee in a big box store that tries too hard to take itself seriously.

Sorry guys I tried but good luck with the war.

Tell me. What stops you from grabbing a ship and asking people if they want to form a small fleet so that you can go places and gently caress things up? Go find "goony" things to do. Don't wait up on others to do it for you. You want to go kill miners in high sec, go do it. You want to scam people, just do it. No one is stopping you. No one is pulling at your arm to join fleets instead of doing "goony" things.

Cygni posted:

yeah ive felt the same since i came back honestly

See, you even got a friend. Now grab a ship, form a fleet and go do "goony" things together.

(11:15:36 AM) powers_sa: they just sit back and wait for us to give htem content

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Woke up from a nap to see that Deklein is burning tonight. That escalated quickly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If The Imperium losses all of its space I really don't think it would be all that awful if the directorate abandons the whole space empire thing and consolidates all active Goons and palatable allies into a new GoonSwarm of maybe 5,000 members (not capped at that, I'm just throwing out a ballpark number of people who would want to do that) and moves on to doing something else. What that is I have no idea but it might be fun.

This war looks like it's one giant culture shock in the form of a massive kick in the nuts. Maybe Goons should, for a while, go back to basics. And no that does not mean moving into Syndicate loving god no. But I really don't think Goons need to have hegemony over the entire galaxy just to be able to have fun.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 8, 2016

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If The Imperium losses all of its space I really don't think it would be all that awful if the directorate abandons the whole space empire thing and consolidates all active Goons and palatable allies into a new GoonSwarm of maybe 5,000 members (not capped at that, I'm just throwing out a ballpark number of people who would want to do that) and moves on to doing something else. What that is I have no idea but it might be fun.

This war looks like it's one giant culture shock in the form of a massive kick in the nuts. Maybe Goons should, for a while, go back to basics. And no that does not mean moving into Syndicate loving god no.

The directorate as it currently stands cannot really exist without a space empire. I mean, the entire reason to have all these layers of beauracracy is to herd 40k nerds and maintain the infrastructure.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nietzschean posted:

Woke up from a nap to see that Deklein is burning tonight. That escalated quickly.

Blame it on the alcohol.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

cravius posted:

The directorate as it currently stands cannot really exist without a space empire. I mean, the entire reason to have all these layers of beauracracy is to herd 40k nerds and maintain the infrastructure.

Well then simplify everything if it's no longer necessary. Gut the directorate to a select few if we have to. Have The Mittani remain as CEO, maintain a good stable of active FCs, and organize the usual group of spergs who get off on doing boring logistic stuff 8 hours a day.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is ultimately, shitloads of sov in New Eden that nobody is making any attempt to defend. Right now we could do a repeat of the great move to Delve and have a new region in under our belts in a few days. This ofc isn't going to happen while we still have so many assets tied up in our old home. But if we do lose all our poo poo then yeah I don't see whats stopping us from just moving into some god forsaken region to lick our wounds.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

but what will sion do if he cant overmanage :ohdear:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

but what will sion do if he cant overmanage :ohdear:

Write his 200 page thesis on Nullsec Mining.

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

Dalael posted:

FA did well during the original grinding of Fountain in 2010 or 2011 I think. Performed well when grinding down fade. Had good numbers for MittaniGrad and did their fair share when re-taking fountain from TEST. After that, it went downhill hard.

Are you thinking of coming back Legionnaire?

Yeah, Dinin, thems were the times. Also maybe, all depends if I'm blacklisted still.

Figure I might try again, now that things are getting interesting in EVE.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venom Snake posted:

There is ultimately, shitloads of sov in New Eden that nobody is making any attempt to defend. Right now we could do a repeat of the great move to Delve and have a new region in under our belts in a few days. This ofc isn't going to happen while we still have so many assets tied up in our old home. But if we do lose all our poo poo then yeah I don't see whats stopping us from just moving into some god forsaken region to lick our wounds.

I actually half expect that to happen at some point.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
My post isn't getting enough attention rip me.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Rhymenoserous posted:

I read it and thought, that it was a good post

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unfunny Poster posted:

I actually half expect that to happen at some point.

Crashing with the Russians and working with them so we wouldn't get crushed if people decided to follow us would be my plan but I'm no space war expert.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

At some point if things don't miraculously turn around fast I think Mittens might have to just call it a day, announce a total evac of 0.0 assets and let the MBC have their victory. At least in this case we would deny them the "good fights" that they desperately want. And the sooner they attain some sort of major victory the sooner their coalition falls apart.

I know this is outright defeatist talk but am I wrong for having this view? I'm not currently subbed so maybe I'm off base here.

Seriously, the idea of a 5,000ish strong, motivated, and active alliance filling up some region or two somewhere seems kind of enticing on the surface. Beats a 40,000 member paper tiger that is currently splintering in 5 different directions and doesn't seem to be motivated to actually do anything about it.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 8, 2016

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

cravius posted:

(11:10:51 AM) tiberizzle: we dont need a skyteam for this fuckin trainwreck of a human being war

It sounds like you don't need it even with a space empire

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Rhymenoserous posted:

it was like a bunch of words shorter when i last saw it

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

No it doesn't, you just kick out people who don't fit.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Kyle's info on why he left

sov is pretty awful tbh

cant wait til we dont have any

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

At some point if things don't miraculously turn around fast I think Mittens might have to just call it a day, announce a total evac of 0.0 assets and let the MBC have their victory. At least in this case we would deny them the "good fights" that they desperately want. And the sooner they attain some sort of major victory the sooner their coalition falls apart.

I know this is outright defeatist talk but am I wrong for having this view? I'm not currently subbed so maybe I'm off base here.

Dek has yet to really come under serious attack, but if the enemy was gaining sov in Dek or blowing up all of our towers (loving thousands that there are) I could see it happening. Grinding Dek out though for the enemy is going to be a huge bitch and the fights are going to not be fun. Of course if PL says gently caress it were dropping the super fleet in here and killing everything we wouldn't have a way to contest them and yeah we would probably be forced to pull out.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

Tell me. What stops you from grabbing a ship and asking people if they want to form a small fleet so that you can go places and gently caress things up? Go find "goony" things to do. Don't wait up on others to do it for you. You want to go kill miners in high sec, go do it. You want to scam people, just do it. No one is stopping you. No one is pulling at your arm to join fleets instead of doing "goony" things.

See, you even got a friend. Now grab a ship, form a fleet and go do "goony" things together.

(11:15:36 AM) powers_sa: they just sit back and wait for us to give htem content

God shut the gently caress up. The gooniest thing that could possibly happen is you to stop posting

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhymenoserous posted:

No it doesn't, you just kick out people who don't fit.

If your a director or CEO then yeah, if your just a line member lol have fun.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Join blackops we are killing pandemic horde, it's tight knit and we're really eager for someone to take space intending to live in it so we can go gently caress it up and make it completely miserable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

Dek has yet to really come under serious attack, but if the enemy was gaining sov in Dek or blowing up all of our towers (loving thousands that there are) I could see it happening. Grinding Dek out though for the enemy is going to be a huge bitch and the fights are going to not be fun. Of course if PL says gently caress it were dropping the super fleet in here and killing everything we wouldn't have a way to contest them and yeah we would probably be forced to pull out.

Maybe so, but at the end of the day might a soft reboot of GoonSwarm be better for everyone in the long run? Is Dek really worth keeping aside from the infrastructure in place considering the stupid crap that is seemingly tearing the Alliance apart?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
you haven't lived EVE until you have been kicked from a corp because the CEO's girlfriend doesn't like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

you haven't lived EVE until you have been kicked from a corp because the CEO's girlfriend doesn't like you.

Guildmasters Girlfriend is a well known mmo phenomenon.

• Locked thread