Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

RandallODim posted:

I honestly think everyone, if they haven't, owes it to themselves to watch the pilot at some point, if only to be able to appreciate how far the show has come. Rewatching it now, even it has some good bits, like Brock 'desecrating' the 'mummy' and "the fleshy jig of the mommy-and-daddy dance", but the writing is so much weaker it's crazy to imagine that we'd get something like Victor, Echo, November from it down the line. Also you get to experience the glorious circa 2003 Flash animation!

And the "GO AHEAD. TAKE IT FROM ME." scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Sash! posted:

Yeah. While I love the more relaxed Brock we have now, kill-crazy Brock was fantastic in his time.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Jefferson Twilight may actually have someone to hunt in New York as well.

And more Dana Synder as the Alchemist is always good, especially since I think Shore Leave and him are adorable.

Man I hope we get an episode where they show up and just dork out as themselves in New York next season. The Order of the Triad was always a fun side episode in a season for me.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sash! posted:

That line and the "they hit me with a truck" one get used to so drat often with my friends.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Crazy Ferret posted:

Jefferson Twilight may actually have someone to hunt in New York as well.

And more Dana Synder as the Alchemist is always good, especially since I think Shore Leave and him are adorable.

Man I hope we get an episode where they show up and just dork out as themselves in New York next season. The Order of the Triad was always a fun side episode in a season for me.

An episode where the Order of the Triad are tourists in New York?

Sign me up!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Gorilla Salad posted:

That line and the "they hit me with a truck" one get used to so drat often with my friends.

"Let me tell you about a little henchman named Speedy." "Brock Samson hit me with a car."

Those were great callbacks.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

"Let me tell you about a little henchman named Speedy." "Brock Samson hit me with a car."

Those were great callbacks.

"I forgive you, Brock Sampson!"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Poor Speedy. :(

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He was so close to getting his wings.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

He was so close to getting his wings.

And now that we know exactly what it takes to get your wings, that scene takes on a new level of badass and pathos. Speedy wanted to get a kill!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I finally got my tshirt club shirt and it's sadly not as nice as my OSI shirt :(

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Robot Hobo posted:

They only stole one kidney, he had already lost the other as a kid in one of The Action Man's loving psychotic pranks. The more of Rusty's childhood and peers we see, the clearer it becomes that he's actually amazingly well-adjusted, compared to how he could have turned out.

He must have gotten a replacement, as he doesn't care about losing one until he notices the other scar.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GigaPeon posted:

He must have gotten a replacement, as he doesn't care about losing one until he notices the other scar.

Calling it now, Papa Venture took Monarch's kidney and put it into Rusty.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

sbaldrick posted:

I finally got my tshirt club shirt and it's sadly not as nice as my OSI shirt :(

I haven't worn or washed mine yet - I'm debating on washing it on delicate by itself, it's so thin.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sodium Pentathol (Make him admit he's a prick on camera)

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

multijoe posted:

That entire list is gold. "Rack! (find Ren-fest costume from that stupid wedding)"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

MariusLecter posted:

Calling it now, Papa Venture took Monarch's kidney and put it into Rusty.

If the series endgame revolves around kidneys, I won't even

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

RandallODim posted:

That entire list is gold. "Rack! (find Ren-fest costume from that stupid wedding)"

"Pear of Anguish! (con- have to make Pear of Anguish)"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

multijoe posted:

http://www.medievality.com/pear-of-anguish.html

So apparently a "pear of anguish" is a real thing. When I first saw this list I thought the Monarch was just going to force feed Rusty a really gross pear.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RandallODim posted:

I just really like the idea that The Monarch is so convinced Rusty's a prick (I mean, he not wrong) that he thinks deep down Rusty would have to agree.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Gorilla Salad posted:

This one gets used so much. That scene is what made me into a Venture (and JG Thirlwell) fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdgD8OP04RE

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

BooDoug187 posted:

"Pear of Anguish! (con- have to make Pear of Anguish)"

"12 hours of deafening Faith Hill music (make sure he hates it first)" is my personal favorite.

Also: "Drive to bad neighborhood and scream racial epithets." :v:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I always liked 24's "wow that sucked!" from the first episode.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
One of my favorites has always been "... none other than Brock Samson, murderist extraordinaire.” And then 24 adds, “Slayer of men. Slayer of henchmen."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

"Do I know you?"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

"What did I do?"

"What did YOOOU do ?"

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

tarlibone posted:

One of my favorites has always been "... none other than Brock Samson, murderist extraordinaire.” And then 24 adds, “Slayer of men. Slayer of henchmen."

The way he says "henchmen" is so good

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
"I'll spare his life! But only for you, sugarpants."

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

24 was one of my favorite characters purely on the strength of his amazing line reads.

We didn't have a breakfaaast

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Okay, everybody ready for an overthought fan theory?

1. When Team Venture first sees Kano in action, Action Man says "We gotta get us one of those!" (Faking Miracles)

2. When Billy, Rusty, and Col. Gentleman are talking about Kano, Billy says that the original Kano became a part of Team Venture after The Blue Morpho is possessed by an alien parasite. Gentleman responds by telling him not believe everything that he reads in those comics. (Red Means Stop)

3. Kano says that he took his vow of silence after "taking the life of a great man." (ORB)

4. Kano was already silent when he was a member of Team Venture with Jonas. (Various episodes, Now Museum - Now You Don't! is probably the best example.)

What if Jonas cloned the original Kano and he's the "great man" that the Kano we know is talking about?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Are you saying Kano killed Kano?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Are you saying Kano killed Kano?

Yeah. Well, more specifically that a cloned, product-of-super-science version of Kano killed the Blue Morpho original version of Kano.

Or he just killed the original Blue Morpho. Could be that too. :shrug:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Kano was Morpho's pilot and crashed his plane.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Yeah. Well, more specifically that a cloned, product-of-super-science version of Kano killed the Blue Morpho original version of Kano.

Or he just killed the original Blue Morpho. Could be that too. :shrug:

Blue Morpho was ALWAYS Vendata and that's how he managed the Switcheroo.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
That entire monologue is great, but I really appreciate the way Dr. Z says "supah dupah costume."

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Could someone make some gifs of red death? Particularly ones that could be av able. I'm thinking about maybe changing mine and I am not talented with gif making.

Especially the moments when his eyes change color and he gets super violent.

A man can do terrible things when he's lost his way. Terrible things...

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 8, 2016

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Could someone make some gifs of red death? Particularly ones that could be av able. I'm thinking about maybe changing mine and I am not talented with gif making.

Especially the moments when his eyes change color and he gets super violent.

A man can do terrible things when he's lost his way. Terrible things...

There's not a lot of shots where there isn't a hat in front of him or the camera zooming in so the only decent one I could make was this:

Non-looped:

Reverse:

Bonus Leila:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Oh man that Leila is excellent... can you maybe do the yellow eyes then when he gets all perky about brownies?

Fluorescent
Jun 5, 2011

재미있는 한국어.
Am I the only one who thinks that Dr. MTM is going to be into it when she finds out it's the Monarch that's offing everyone? There will probably be some stuff where there's conflict between her responsibility to the council vs. the Monarch but... I felt like that could be the case because a plot point that came up a lot in the last season is that she is disappointed in the Monarch's lack of passion for arching and being a legit super villain. Nothing says passion for villainry like killing a bunch of powerful people just to get to the guy you really want to arch. I'm sure it won't be that simple in execution, but I think overall she'd find it more positive than negative.

Just some thoughts I had after watching this past season. I thought this season was phenomenal. I think this might actually be my all time favorite season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Late but I just noticed that at the end of Tarzan Christopher Lambert is wearing a Speed Suit meaning that Rusty's instinct on what to wear was right on.