Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scarf posted:

Supposedly white people are upset about this fantastic shirt, but all I've seen are comments supporting it, and comments talking about how dumb people are upset...

I want to see the upset people! :saddowns:

Just follow Bomani on twitter. He quote+replies to everyone that bitches at him.

Re: fake pages, I always get people sharing obvious BS Delta giveaways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'd wear that shirt, and I'm a white dude.

White people are the worst.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

that shirt is pretty rad

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Scarf posted:

Supposedly white people are upset about this fantastic shirt, but all I've seen are comments supporting it, and comments talking about how dumb people are upset...

I love this shirt so goddamn much.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Scarf posted:

Fake outrage is the hottest new way to generate pageviews and ad impressions. Remember when Starbucks changed its holiday cups? Literally nobody on the entire planet was actually mad about that. People were, however, mad about the fake people who were supposedly mad, and that's cash money baby

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006

Beastie posted:

jesus christ, you are pathetic. this gives me a lot of fremdschämen

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Scarf posted:

:caucasian:

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Apr 7, 2016

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Dunno why white people gaf about a minority attacking another minority?

Virtue signalling is a hell of a thing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Beastie posted:

:agreed:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

FAROOQ posted:

Dunno why white people gaf about a minority attacking another minority?

Virtue signalling is a hell of a thing.

Your trolling lately is of a supbar quality, step up your game.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
This one's pretty innocuous, but the stuff my mom likes as far as politics go are always sort of funny to me.

"Boy, liberals sure are closed-minded and sheltered."
"At least my candidates aren't racist."
"I'm not racist how dare you. Don't suppress my speech."

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

Scarf posted:

They're probably passive-aggressively writing Facebook memes about "Dindu Nuffins" because they only feel safe in their hate mob.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Fake outrage is the hottest new way to generate pageviews and ad impressions. Remember when Starbucks changed its holiday cups? Literally nobody on the entire planet was actually mad about that. People were, however, mad about the fake people who were supposedly mad, and that's cash money baby

One of the strangest things about the era we live in is that you can generate money by making people upset. It's like having a machine that runs entirely on anger that shits out money. Objectively, that is super loving weird.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Scarf posted:

Yea, I'm sure there are a few people mad about it, but it reminds me of the Starbuck's holiday cup thing where the news tried to make it out like there was this huge outcry when it was really a handful of idiots butthurt on social media about it. I think it's a cool shirt. :)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Again, if you actually follow the guy on twitter you can see plenty of people who really are mad about it, although even he admits it's overblown.

This was also deliberately provocative, unlike the cups.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cock-Asians

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

cash crab posted:

One of the strangest things about the era we live in is that you can generate money by making people upset. It's like having a machine that runs entirely on anger that shits out money. Objectively, that is super loving weird.

You should play Dota/clones sometime. It's like a digital hate machine.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

You should play Dota/clones sometime. It's like a digital hate machine.

The worst of them in that regard by far is League of Legends. Like, it's still loving horrible in other games in the genre, but every other game in LoL is "loving hang yourself and never play ADC again" and "gg resign at 20 our TF sucks" and "gg poo poo support i afk" 5 minutes in. Which is sort of funny and ironic because it's one of the most pay2win, astroturfed games in the genre.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The attitude in MP games where every public pick-up match that launches is gotta be some kind of ultra-competative Grand Finals is baffling. Like, if there's a learning curve to your computer game and you want people to "get gud noob" they need to play games where they will not, in fact, be good yet. And that might be your game? :shrug:

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Otisburg posted:

The attitude in MP games where every public pick-up match that launches is gotta be some kind of ultra-competative Grand Finals is baffling. Like, if there's a learning curve to your computer game and you want people to "get gud noob" they need to play games where they will not, in fact, be good yet. And that might be your game? :shrug:

The funniest thing is is that the people who actually do compete realize that online multiplayer is gonna get you questionable teammates most of the time, and depending on the game they'll do varying levels of goofy poo poo and kick rear end anyway. Moreso in games that don't hold you for ransom for 40 minutes while you watch a seemingly inevitable loss spiral out of control.

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

psutify has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Apr 7, 2016

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Travis343 posted:

My name is Travis and my last initial is in fact T and this post freaked me out

What's up fellow Travis bro :respek:

Content

What are you willing to bet the father would identify as a 90's kid?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

psutify posted:

Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

I think he might care a little.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

"Sing me a song from your generation" said no kid ever.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

:( I already know that one Dad. You make me watch that instead of my cartoons.

:argh: 90s cartoons are so much better, that's why.

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

dirksteadfast posted:

:( I already know that one Dad. You make me watch that instead of my cartoons.

:argh: 90s cartoons are so much better, that's why.

REMEMBER POKEMON?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIgoB2HD0t4

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Kids don't have to remember Pokemon, because the show is still loving running.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Hah, if anything that punk kid is probably watching the CURRENT series of Pokemon that has a different,but still very catchy,theme song. But it's not the one i grew up watching so :smug:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't remember this level of Psychonauts

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

I sort of admire the dedication these people have to not show any cracks in the façade. Like the girl who did the Dear Fat People video or any random pretty, young white person on YouTube who specializes in hateful "telling it like it is" rants. Chances are they don't believe anything/everything they say, but if they break character for a moment they'll lose all of their followers they've worked so hard to cultivate. It's not that weird; politicians have been doing it forever to get elected, Fox News and other pundits have been doing it for ratings, it's just with the advent of YouTube that people have been doing it for individual financial gain.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

"with 90's Nick"

oh god

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Hah, if anything that punk kid is probably watching the CURRENT series of Pokemon that has a different,but still very catchy,theme song. But it's not the one i grew up watching so :smug:

Didn't they use a new version of the original song for a while?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Yeah except a ton of people were actually upset about that. My grandpa ranted like mad. He and a bunch of othrr Christians were extra mad that Christmas only got "holiday cups" and something something "the gays get cups why not us."

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Scathach posted:

Yeah except a ton of people were actually upset about that. My grandpa ranted like mad. He and a bunch of othrr Christians were extra mad that Christmas only got "holiday cups" and something something "the gays get cups why not us."

He knows that Starbucks is super gay-friendly, right? One of the shirts you can wear on the job features rainbow frappuccino cups and says "pride" on it.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Soviet Commubot posted:

Both Ken Tucky and Travis Tee were in the military and Travis gets really mad that anyone suggests that telling poor people "bootstraps" might not be the most effective policy. Also, what's the point of an education if everyone can get one?

Last page, but would you be so kind as to kick Travis Tee in the nuts for me? loving crab mentality, man. "I had to wait until I was 40 to get my degree because I wasn't born into a wealthy family, and that's the way it ought to be!"

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

329k likes, 59k comments

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I feel sorry for people my age who are caught up in nostalgia for the mid to late loving 90s. Seriously guys, it really wasn't the glory years, Hell, we have disposable income now, meager though it is, that easily makes it better than The Good Ol' Days.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
The 80s are where its at anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Isn't stupid nostalgia for life from 20 years ago basically the whole reason that a show like Happy Days exists, though? It's not like it's necessarily a new concept.