Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I don't remember those particularly, but I recall a lot of sweet rear end fights with Decepticons. The fight against Starscream in the weird dimensional tunnel is loving choice.

Bayo2 is way better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Real hurthling! posted:

There are a lot of sloppy things in it like the rail shooting and top down parts

that's every platinum game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

that's every platinum game

True

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

Bayo2 is way better

I mean, Bayo 2 is fantastic yeah, I'm just saying, given how clearly small the budget was, Platinum's Transformers game is top notch poo poo. The way you can fluidly switch from melee combat, free-moving ranged combat, slow motion power hits, chained into transformation combos, launch an enemy, swap to a car, pump them full of bullets.

Look, it's like, Vanquish and Metal Gear Rising had a baby.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

e3 is getting close enough (9 weeks away) that companies are now talkin about it

On June 12, Bethesda will shine the spotlight on its upcoming lineup of games. But this is no ordinary Showcase. Along with new gameplay and electrifying updates, we’ve evolved BE3, adding a whole new part to the event: BE3 Plus. Immediately after the Showcase ends, attendees will enjoy a special Bethesda E3 experience, complete with game demos, hosted interviews and a variety of food and drinks. And, for those in attendance, we’ve even got a top-secret band taking the stage at 9pm PDT. You won’t want to miss their performance!

a band curated by Bethesda....

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Quest For Glory II posted:

e3 is getting close enough (9 weeks away) that companies are now talkin about it

On June 12, Bethesda will shine the spotlight on its upcoming lineup of games. But this is no ordinary Showcase. Along with new gameplay and electrifying updates, we’ve evolved BE3, adding a whole new part to the event: BE3 Plus. Immediately after the Showcase ends, attendees will enjoy a special Bethesda E3 experience, complete with game demos, hosted interviews and a variety of food and drinks. And, for those in attendance, we’ve even got a top-secret band taking the stage at 9pm PDT. You won’t want to miss their performance!

So...Elder Scrolls 5, basically.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

VoidBurger posted:

I missed Alphys-chat, but I wanted to add that the part everyone was super annoyed by was the part that made me have to stop playing for the day because I was laughing so hard, I was sobbing. I don't know what exactly caused that series of dumb social media/social awkwardness jokes to destroy me, but it did.

I also laughed really hard at it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh god, I'd forgotten that one of the bosses in DS2 was just "a shitload of skeletons".

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why is there just a guitar and half a drumset on stage?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

holy poo poo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I've never even heard of that one.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

thehoodie posted:

Is Dungeon of the Endless any good? It's on my steam wishlist for some reason and is now on sale.

It's definitely roguelike. It's a reasonable mix of hero+tower defense action, but with a bunch of random elements. Sometimes you get completely shat on by the RNG, sometimes you get a sweet chain of fortunate events.

Personally, if you're not much for the roguelike difficulty or the concept of any flavor of "tower defense" disgusts you, it would be something to avoid. Otherwise, I'd put it reasonably good/worth a good sale price

Ah, to be a "video game journalist" and get food, drinks, gaming, and a band while attending something that's tax-deductible under "work related expenses" :allears:

On second thought, I remembered just how much brown-nosing goes into modern games journalism these days...

... and I'm a skeleton with very high standards

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's still incredible to me that someone took Shadow Warrior, a racist Duke Nukem knockoff, and turned it into a pretty fantastic game! I am really looking forward to Shadow Warrior 2.

Late reply but I wish the game had stuck more to the jocular tone of the early stages because all the demon drama was really boring.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oh god, I'd forgotten that one of the bosses in DS2 was just "a shitload of skeletons".

It's one of the easiest bosses in the game though.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So...Elder Scrolls 5, basically.
Doubtful. BGS are a pretty small team (a little over 100 people?) for the type of games they make, and historically they don't start on a new open-world game until the previous one's DLC and expansions are done and dusted. Factor in that whole not-talking-until-its-nearly-done thing they started with FO4, and I doubt you'll hear anything official about the next Elder Scrolls for another four years, minimum.

More likely: Dishonored 2 gameplay reveal, FO4 DLC/expansion, Doom DLC and maybe some free Snapmap poo poo, and probably some smaller projects along the lines of Fallout Shelter and that one card game. Also probably some Elder Scrolls Online poo poo under the false pretense that people play/care about that game.

Whatever happens, though, there's only one thing that's certain: A whole heap of internet people will be really, really angry about it because Bethesda-published games have this really weird effect on people.

Lurdiak posted:

I've never even heard of that one.
It was never finished, only twelve or so cabinets were made for location testing. The hardware under the hood is based on the 3DO, of all the goddamn things.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I am like the only betheda fan on earth so I will be happy whatever it is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't hate Bethesda but I don't have any particular affinity for them either.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I randomly remembered that puzzle game Catherine today.

I am not a puzzle game player by any means, but I really enjoyed that game and the gray hairs it gave me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I started Catherine on normal and couldn't beat the second stage :saddowns:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I should play Catherine. I think I have it on my PSN account.

thehoodie posted:

Is Dungeon of the Endless any good? It's on my steam wishlist for some reason and is now on sale.

It's good, like a weird rogue-lite with you managing a party, room defenses and power across each room.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It seriously made me sweat. Maybe not necessarily the difficulty, but the things chasing you up the tower, or the black hole tearing it apart...I'm bad enough at puzzle games as is, I don't need you to rush me god dammit.:tinfoil:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really can't handle stuff where I'm being chased in games...

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I randomly remembered that puzzle game Catherine today.

I am not a puzzle game player by any means, but I really enjoyed that game and the gray hairs it gave me.
Last year at EVO there was a tournament for the two player versus mode... for some reason. It was actually really hype and a great fun watch!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's the same artist as the Persona games, right?

I love when those games have weird horror-esque boss designs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, it was developed by Atlus too. lol It was their only non handheld game during the PS3/360 generation.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Learn to master the reset command, I think it's Select. It makes avoiding the boss attacks a lot more manageable.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Man Whore posted:

I am like the only betheda fan on earth so I will be happy whatever it is

this is a weird thing to say, all of their first-person RPGs sell a billion copies

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh, turns out I get a copy of The Division with the graphics card I ordered...

I really don't know if i'll play it at all.

E:Gross it wants me to sign up with UPlay

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 8, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's worth it for the spooky scary skeletons music

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh the Skeleton Lords! They were really fun! Really good music.

I intended to do a fun run with a whip against them just to see what they were like before doing a proper fight against them. Turns out the whip was good enough to take them and the Skeleton Crew out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everyone knows skeletons are weak to whips anyway

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mistle posted:

Ah, to be a "video game journalist" and get food, drinks, gaming, and a band while attending something that's tax-deductible under "work related expenses" :allears:

On second thought, I remembered just how much brown-nosing goes into modern games journalism these days...

... and I'm a skeleton with very high standards

Do yourself a favor and never look up what a movie premiere looks like, your brain would probably melt out of your ears.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Did you know the white house has a whole dinner for reporters? What a bunch of shills.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
BE3 is one of those weird things like Playstation Experience where they're trying to be for both press and fans - PSX sold tickets last year, BE3 is just randomly selecting folks who register on their website saying they'll be in the area. It's strange. Everything is strange now.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's the "B" mean?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bollocks

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yikes, who would want to go to that

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Yikes, who would want to go to that

*tugs at collar nervously*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I remember getting to one of the later levels in Catherine, and I had screwed up somewhere and it was too late to backpedal, so I started just pushing random blocks and got the entire stage to drop which caused the game to literally stop and have to chug until it could get the blocks to drop.

To its credit it never crashed and eventually went back to normal after they all fell.

• Locked thread