Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

vOv posted:

I've seen astros use it during Shockwave Stomp in VA. You know, the attack that either completely misses you or instakills you.

It's also a pretty big regen to people in the field. That's a good time to heal the group, and a good way to do it without spending MP. And the regen lasts the full duration even if you cancel it or people move out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I don't think you can have both effects active at the same time.

Huh, so you can't. What a bizarre restriction.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Vil posted:

Huh, so you can't. What a bizarre restriction.

Yea, that was what I meant. I think it's to limit ground effects. I'm pretty sure it's a flat one player one ground effect limit that only actually affects SCH right now (at least in terms of being able to keep all their abilities up)

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I can't stop taking screenshots of this game!

Here's an album I've been working on

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm sure you already know, but: Hitting Pause/Break on your keyboard locks your character's gaze to look directly at the camera. Pretty good for setting up screenshots where you want them looking in a certain direction, either into the camera, or making them look off in a certain direction and then swiveling the camera around to a different angle.

mistaya posted:

FFXIV is also really nice on combat raise just being an expected thing and not a big deal at all unless you're pushing the hardest content instead of gated by a single class or x raises per battle or any other bullshit.

Holy cow, I had forgotten that was a thing.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
My favorite thing about the general parade of bad ideas that was the ACN -> SMN/SCH debacle is that it created a DPS class that can combat rez. I celebrate when one of my FCmates comes along as SMN, because if some idiot faceplants, it is no longer my MP's problem

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

My favorite thing about the general parade of bad ideas that was the ACN -> SMN/SCH debacle is that it created a DPS class that can combat rez. I celebrate when one of my FCmates comes along as SMN, because if some idiot faceplants, it is no longer my MP's problem
There have been multiple awful DF experiences where I wish I had combat raise on BLM. They should just give it to me, dammit.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There have been multiple awful DF experiences where I wish I had combat raise on BLM. They should just give it to me, dammit.

Yeah, they should just make combat raise a caster thing like how party mp/tp regen are a physical ranged thing.

BLM already get manawall to make up for eye for an eye and virus.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I'm sure you already know, but: Hitting Pause/Break on your keyboard locks your character's gaze to look directly at the camera. Pretty good for setting up screenshots where you want them looking in a certain direction, either into the camera, or making them look off in a certain direction and then swiveling the camera around to a different angle.

Whoa, awesome! I had no idea about this, thanks

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Whoa, awesome! I had no idea about this, thanks

It's the selfie button and it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCMAcUPU0Rs

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

So while working on my zodiac zeta I joined a T5 party. Twin went up to do divebombs at 11% hp and died to dots after the second one.

What divebombs?

Cirina fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 8, 2016

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I just had a healer so Honest that they didn't even target anything except me until the last boss. Or at least that's the only way I can explain the fact that they never cast a single heal spell on themselves, almost died to aoe multiple times, and then finally died to Magic Pots.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

vOv posted:

I've seen astros use it during Shockwave Stomp in VA. You know, the attack that either completely misses you or instakills you.

You can't DPS from behind the tree, and there's no other time in that fight that everyone in your alliance is stacked. May as well drop it for the free regen buff.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Klades posted:

I just had a healer so Honest that they didn't even target anything except me until the last boss. Or at least that's the only way I can explain the fact that they never cast a single heal spell on themselves, almost died to aoe multiple times, and then finally died to Magic Pots.

:cryingWHMsymbol:

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Leofish posted:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I turned my roegadame into a Highlander.
I hope I didn't make a mistake!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

I love you.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Huh. Unless a healer needs to be ressed I'm never spending the mana to get someone up. I likely don't have swiftcast up to begin with.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leofish posted:

:healqq:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

MohShuvuu posted:

I turned my roegadame into a Highlander.
I hope I didn't make a mistake!

Highland women rule

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
oh are we posting highladies? because my endgame goal has literally actually been to be the most glamorous highlady since basically launch

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

art

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Highladies are good.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

:whatup: Highgal's for life.

E: Newest outfit, since I figured I'd try to make the Ifrit sword + lore look work. Its mostly the old 180(?) tanking stuff with the new coat.

E2: Tidied up the pictures, murdered the mysterious stranger in the backdrop for the third.

Its alright.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 8, 2016

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I'll take it!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Highlander ladies and roegadames are great. :3:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Do I just keep dumping my attribute points into Dex as a Ninja Galka or should I splash into some other areas?

Hit 50 last night and I'm enjoying the stat boost from the full set of Gloam gear I've gotten through story progression.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm trying to dodge aoes. put down your shadowflare and I'll get the mobs in it. If there isn't a ground aoe, I'm not to worried about keeping them all in one spot for casters.

Guess I should have clarified. I mean specifically tanks that shepard the mobs around like they are trying to herd them into a paddock. If you stop at a spot for 2 seconds, I will assume that is where you will stay until they are all dead, but nope, there's the odd tank who will decide "this spot sucks" and move them another 10 feet after i've finished casting.

Most tanks don't do this, thankfully.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I've had a few tanks recently who've moved mobs out of shadow flares well after I put them down. Like, shadow flare > dots & bane > ruin spam > tank decides to move mobs just out of shadowflare.

I don't know if it's because they think shadow flare is an enemy aoe or if they're just doing it to spite me but it's annoying as poo poo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hagie posted:

Do I just keep dumping my attribute points into Dex as a Ninja Galka or should I splash into some other areas?

Hit 50 last night and I'm enjoying the stat boost from the full set of Gloam gear I've gotten through story progression.

everything in dex

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

hagie posted:

If you get stressed about stat allocation, theres a cheap item you can get from your Grand Company that resets your stat points (for your current class) so there's no need to worry too much about placement if you think you messed it up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

If you get stressed about stat allocation, theres a cheap item you can get from your Grand Company that resets your stat points (for your current class) so there's no need to worry too much about placement if you think you messed it up.

Exactly, but except for some situations where a caster might want piety (I don't honestly know if they exist), always go main stat with your bonus points.

DRG/MNK = Str
Tanks = Vit
Bard/MCH/NIN = Dex
SMN/BLM = Int
SCH/WHM = Mind

The only time you might deviate is with scholar and summoner, and ultimately the stat points don't matter that much, but I'd say keep your arcanist points in whichever you play the most and keep keeper's hymns (250 GC seals) around in case you need to change them.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
non lala blm wants piety for the 6 fire 4 opener, like 1-3 points

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

killstealing posted:

Either piety or a party PIE boost (or some food).

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
you already want marron glace for food since iirc its a bigger dps gain than 3 int

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
On the topic of "Is the tank gonna stay put?" I really love DRK because I know when I see the dark spike thing from the ground that they're going to stop. I hate when I throw down Doton and then a tank decides to move like just a couple centimeters from it because they like that spot better.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Exactly, but except for some situations where a caster might want piety (I don't honestly know if they exist), always go main stat with your bonus points.

DRG/MNK = Str
Tanks = Vit
Bard/MCH/NIN = Dex
SMN/BLM = Int
SCH/WHM = Mind

The only time you might deviate is with scholar and summoner, and ultimately the stat points don't matter that much, but I'd say keep your arcanist points in whichever you play the most and keep keeper's hymns (250 GC seals) around in case you need to change them.

You can always look at your Class Traits page too if you're unsure where to stick points. Like THM gets Enhanced INT for instance. The exception to this is SCH, since ACN get Enhanced INT instead of MND.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

killstealing posted:

What really? Aag.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

a kitten posted:

What really? Aag.

you need 264 piety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

a kitten posted:

What really? Aag.

Lalas get extra piety as a racial trait. The tradeoff is they rarely make the strength requirements to get extra swings on some mining/botany nodes.

• Locked thread