Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glory of Arioch posted:

yeah for years people have been telling me that "no one hates goonswarm dude"

Current Year has easily proven this false and will continue to do so for basically as long as eve lasts

I don't hate GoonSwarm dude, I just want someone to shoot in-game :(

crew posted:

BL and Pizza killed kugu confirmed, most of those guys reside now in Tishu, specifically in DIX

Yeah. I feel bad because Doink tried to keep that place relatively decent but sort of got hosed in the end by some of the other mods and Kugu himself.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Potato Salad posted:

That isn't the only thing happening in EvE

ccp disagrees

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Glory of Arioch posted:

yeah for years people have been telling me that "no one hates goonswarm dude"

Current Year has easily proven this false and will continue to do so for basically as long as eve lasts

Hold on, who tried to tell you with a straight face that nobody hates GSF? That's stupid as hell. I'm fairly sure that Manny posts could be dug up that have the actual word "hate" in them.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

Also in the next iteration of gooncorp. No more diplomats. We tried diplomats and it didn't work.

From now on our diplomat will be "faction antimatter" It speaks true. Never uses double speak. It communicates the message that we as goons want to send to the rest of Eve.

And the best part is that no translators will be needed as it already comes in Caldari, Gallente and Guristas.

No more talking in local, no more posting on forums, just silent, sudden death :black101:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't hate GoonSwarm dude, I just want someone to shoot in-game :(

like are you trying to argue that the imperium pre-2016 was somehow denying you people to shoot in-game or am i misunderstanding this

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CCP is bad on a lot of levels. I cannot be certain whether their anti-Imperium branding on the big war is purely (a) bowing to a reddit fad to get numbers (b) trying to one-up The Mittani on image / media (c) all of the above.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Szcwczuk posted:

goons are bad

Counterpoint: goons are cool, and also maybe good?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

Counterpoint: goons are cool, and also maybe good?

and he called me the troll :rolleyes:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glory of Arioch posted:

or am i misunderstanding this

I don't think I ever said Imperium prevented me from doing any of that elsewhere. However, at the moment, I'm shooting you guys in-game because that's something I can do and is entertaining to do. None of it comes from a place of hate, it comes from a place of love.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

RIP Kugu, the neutral ground where idiots couldn't downvote away words they didn't like.

Unironically orders of magnitude better than reddit.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Fruit Salad,

I have mentioned several times that I am an Imperial Propagandist and you bit really hard on an propaganda post, broadcasting yourself as being on tilt.

Signed,
<--------

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Minsky posted:

I tried giving this game another shot, but unfortunately I think I myself have finally moved on to online games far worse.

What I'd forgotten upon logging in was my really terrible organizational skills. From between I played during 2006 and 2008, I left crap littered in what seems to be every major past GSF staging system in the galaxy.

One thing that brought back memories was when I opened the S-U hangar contents and saw this lonely old shuttle that was back in the day used to trade insta bookmarks for warping around regions back before you could warp directly to a gate (please don't make fun of my character name; it was literally a decade ago):

I can't say for sure if this game is any good, but it did give me many great memories, and a number of them even involved playing it.

Wait, so you're quitting because your inner-OCD doesn't like having a bunch of stuff in your assets list?

I mean... okay... :(

If you actually do want to play but for some reason this is really crippling for you, I can help you out:

For each system that has assets you don't want anymore:
  • Open the system from your assets list, shift click all items to select them all, right-click, Copy. (If the item is a fitted ship, be sure to rlght-click, View Contents of the ship and copy all of its fittings as well.)
  • Open the following site (http://evepraisal.com/) and paste all items into the box, leave Jita selected, click Submit.
  • Once again from your system's assets list, shift click all items to select them all, right-click, Create Contract.
  • Contract: "Item Exchange" | "Public" | "I will receive" (price is 60-80% of what EVEPraisal Jita says) | Comments: "FIRESALE!" | Finish
  • Repeat for every system you want to liquidate assets in.
I once did this and made several billion ISK with which I then promptly spent on acquiring doctrine ships and getting out into fleets. I, too, have some "must clean the house :shepface:" OCD, but I certainly wouldn't quit the game over it. The game is really fun these days, especially right now. CCP continues to clean up a lot of bullshit code, citadels (POS replacements) are finally coming, and the game gets prettier and prettier with each iteration.

Siets fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 8, 2016

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

and he called me the troll :rolleyes:

I appreciate your honestposting itt

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

RIP Kugu, the neutral ground where idiots couldn't downvote away words they didn't like.

Unironically orders of magnitude better than reddit.

I'm going to make a new Kugu forum. It's going to be called https://www.img.ay

You'll be the GSF/Imperium moderator.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't think I ever said Imperium prevented me from doing any of that elsewhere. However, at the moment, I'm shooting you guys in-game because that's something I can do and is entertaining to do. None of it comes from a place of hate, it comes from a place of love.

:rolleyes:

Samiz
Sep 10, 2013

Dadbuck posted:

This is me gimmick smug posting

Basically, we are losing all of our space.

Dek now burning too.

Mittani for CEO of the year

:smuggo:

Didn't expect any less. Stay classy Goonswarm!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah. I feel bad because Doink tried to keep that place relatively decent but sort of got hosed in the end by some of the other mods and Kugu himself.

Kugu was a cool place. It was a common platform upon which everyone could post. Up 'till somewhere around 2012, it was fairly balanced in the sense that, yes, people would ragepost at each other, but they also listened. I checked back in somewhere around the Fountain war and it was just a big anti-CFC echochamber.

It is surprising nothing has replaced it. Failheap was (is?) a great place to talk about small gang / small alliance stuff, but it's awful if you want to read up on big coalition things without Marlona Sky going a bit spergy over everything.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Marlona Sky and "a bit spergy" is an understatement intended as a joke.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This is a bad report:

Remember what I said yesterday please.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
lol, Scooter straight up 10'-reportin' up in this mother

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm going to make a new Kugu forum. It's going to be called https://www.img.ay

You'll be the GSF/Imperium moderator.

Excellent. As per my usual behaviour pattern, I will shitpost up a storm the first day and then promptly disappear from anything that is even remotely related to responsibility :sun:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

This is a bad report:

ahaha

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I tried at one point or other to see if he was unblacklistable since nobody could remember why he was blacklisted in the first place and didn't get anywhere

I appreciate you looking into it. No one wants to move past that point cause there is no information. I can't blame them, but it does suck not knowing why no one wants you on their dodge ball team.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Unfunny Poster posted:

At the very least you get to shed the clinger ons and people who were only in it for the safety to rat.

That is at one end of the range of potential outcomes: a smaller, goonier group gradually shedding some of the shitter J4Dek corps and Waffe presented with some exciting things to do on a long road to recovery. The other end of the spectrum is a successful defence of Deklein and glorious fightback.

If I had to put money on it, though, I'd guess that approaches are being made in the east and the south to secure a soft-landing for everyone who decides to stick with goons and rebuilding behind a shield of Russians. In that version I'd kinda expect the deader allies to widot in. No way would Init, nor do I think Fcon would, but someone like TNT or the remains of SMA after the pending bout of departures might jump at the chance to forget all the effort of rebuilding and hand over responsibility to Goons to bottle-feed them back to strength.

One problem with that would be trying to extract supers. You'd have people like the wrecking crew lurking in Hakonen and Obe for years.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Potato Salad posted:

Kugu was a cool place. It was a common platform upon which everyone could post. Up 'till somewhere around 2012, it was fairly balanced in the sense that, yes, people would ragepost at each other, but they also listened. I checked back in somewhere around the Fountain war and it was just a big anti-CFC echochamber.

It is surprising nothing has replaced it. Failheap was (is?) a great place to talk about small gang / small alliance stuff, but it's awful if you want to read up on big coalition things without Marlona Sky going a bit spergy over everything.

Marlona is on a short list of people I genuinely dislike with regards to people form the game. Most people I can at least get along with to some degree or the other. He and Seraph though are basically the most dense idiots who can't be explained something in very basic terms without going "yeah but..." and going on about some random poo poo they pulled out their rear end let alone accept that they may be wrong in the argument they get involved in. Those kinds of idiots, who basically did nothing but stir poo poo up, is what made Kugu insufferable.

Also don't forget he posted people's IRL names in logs he leaked from TMC because he was a pissbaby about being fired for just that sort of behavior.

VideoGames posted:

This is a bad report:

Poor Scooter.

ChickenWing posted:

Excellent. As per my usual behaviour pattern, I will shitpost up a storm the first day and then promptly disappear from anything that is even remotely related to responsibility :sun:

Perfect, you start Monday.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 8, 2016

ltgenspecific
Nov 1, 2015

Potato Salad posted:

Hold on, who tried to tell you with a straight face that nobody hates GSF? That's stupid as hell. I'm fairly sure that Manny posts could be dug up that have the actual word "hate" in them.

The entirety of /r/eve in fact.

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

Potato Salad posted:

CCP is bad on a lot of levels. I cannot be certain whether their anti-Imperium branding on the big war is purely (a) bowing to a reddit fad to get numbers (b) trying to one-up The Mittani on image / media (c) all of the above.

(d) Mittani's pressure tactics in Viceroy are having significant blowback
(e) Inability to maintain cohesion of key leaders, FCs in particular
(f) Imperium is big, fat and bloated
(g) Imperium became BoB
(h) Mittani made too many enemies
(i) Goons are not really good allies http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-death-of-imperium.html

http://i.imgur.com/ZQCMOnD.jpg

ltgenspecific
Nov 1, 2015

Endie posted:

If I had to put money on it, though, I'd guess that approaches are being made in the east and the south to secure a soft-landing for everyone who decides to stick with goons and rebuilding behind a shield of Russians. In that version I'd kinda expect the deader allies to widot in. No way would Init, nor do I think Fcon would, but someone like TNT or the remains of SMA after the pending bout of departures might jump at the chance to forget all the effort of rebuilding and hand over responsibility to Goons to bottle-feed them back to strength.

This just seems super pessimistic to me. I think the glorious fight-back is more likely, given current tenor of in-game actions/dialogue.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
unironically posting gevlon and then claiming not to be a gimmick poster lmao get out of here dude

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Endie posted:

That is at one end of the range of potential outcomes: a smaller, goonier group gradually shedding some of the shitter J4Dek corps and Waffe presented with some exciting things to do on a long road to recovery. The other end of the spectrum is a successful defence of Deklein and glorious fightback.

One problem with that would be trying to extract supers. You'd have people like the wrecking crew lurking in Hakonen and Obe for years.

I sincerely hope you're wrong. Bloating ourselves with castoffs and remnants of failed allies was a contributing factor to where we are now.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
that being said: reset everyone and invade delve 2016 imo

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Dadbuck posted:

(g) Imperium became BoB
(i) Goons are not really good allies http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-death-of-imperium.html

ullerrm please leak illum again to put to rest the posters who still believe this dude is actually in the Imperium

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ChickenWing posted:

ullerrm please leak illum again to put to rest the posters who still believe this dude is actually in the Imperium

(8:38:57 AM) deadtear: hey querns can you directorbot that dadbuck guy
(8:39:37 AM) querns: bupkis

Dadbuck
Apr 14, 2008

Hate the game, not the playa

bonewitch posted:

unironically posting gevlon and then claiming not to be a gimmick poster lmao get out of here dude

If you disagree with his evidence, then post a factual response.

Apart from that, your crummy ad hominem doesn't refute his mountain of evidence.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dadbuck posted:

(g) Imperium became BoB

Mittani and his horny white boy socials club are finally gettin theirs!!! :arghfist::saddowns:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

You could buy like 2 baconators for 10 bucks that's a lot

Dude, the gently caress? I can barely get a Baconator meal for $10 where I'm at.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I read an unironic "freed from the shackles of our sov" post by a KarmaFleet dude in TWR this morning and thought to myself "surely this will be the worst post I read today."

I was so wrong.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

(8:38:57 AM) deadtear: hey querns can you directorbot that dadbuck guy
(8:39:37 AM) querns: bupkis

confirmed, he's a :10bux: reddit dude in all likelihood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

confirmed, he's a :10bux: reddit dude in all likelihood